Reincarnation Proof

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by woodwytch

I also have a theory about Past-life Regression Therapists....
They just enfoce in people what they want to Hear.
In other words it's just the Power of Suggestion.

I would have to agree in quite a few cases ... and I personally have a real problem with the fact that these kind of practices have become so popular because of the New-Age movement. I don't have a problem with the New-Age movement per se ... just the fact that it seems to act like a magnet to every weirdo and weekend-hippy ... but most of all the charlatans (and I'm not talking about the band) within wind-chime jingling distance ... before you can say tie-dye t.shirt.

And that is why I developed a technique that does not involve hypnosis ... which therefore eliminates the potential for subliminal suggestion from the therapist (intentional or otherwise) ... because the client is aware of what they are saying throughout.

What you should probably know about me as an individual, is that in spite of the subjects that I am interested in and/or work with ... I am also extemely logical ... which makes it quite difficult to try and pigeon-hole me

After my own personal (spontaneous) experience of past-life recall ... and before becoming a PLRT, I actually studied Applied Psychology in an effort to understand the workings of the human mind more thoroughly and in turn help myself to understand what had happened to me on a personal level.

Further to this I did a mass of research for the purpose of authenticating my own memories to prove to 'me' that it was not my imagination playing tricks.

When I had my second experience of spontaneous past-life recall, I went back to school and studied for a BSc. Natural Earth Sciences with The Open University and The Heriot Watt University ... for the sole purpose of discovering whether the things I had recalled were even possible ... and if so could my theories actually hold water or were they just so much BS.

Turns out most of them did (a few still wait to be proven) ... and prior to my memories there is no possible way I could have known about such technical and scientific things.

Now I'm well aware that a good sceptic will want to believe that I did all my research before I wrote about my experiences and the subsequent authentication ... but I know I didn't.

Can I prove that ?

Of course not.

But at least 'I' know the reality of the matter ... which at the end of the day is really the most important thing.

Recalling memories from past-lives is a great way to learn about yourself and understand what makes you who you are (character traits / phobias / reactions / responses etc).

And when necessary it allows us to stop repetitive cycles that have been holding back our present life progress.

Woody

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astroved

Originally posted by 11118

Originally posted by Reptilian Ph.D
I heard it can be like a flaw in the clearing mechanism of reincarnation.. Sometimes people can remember fragments of their past lives. I've also heard that certain mortal wounds or serious damage to the body can sometimes translate into a birth scar or other artifacts onto your next life.

After death it is much like waking up from a dream.

"Oh yeah! Now I remember what I was supposed to do."

You must forget your "mission" for were there no potentials for misunderstanding there would not be experience. Nobody chose this life for you, you did. And when it's over it is only but a chapter in an endless book.

Thanks 11118, for reminding me of something. When I was five (5) years old, I kept having this annoying feeling that I had forgotten something crucial to this life. As a five-year old I remembered clearly being with my teacher just before I incarnated this time and he told me, "Above all, do NOT forget...." And I could NOT remember what it was that I wasn't supposed to forget.

It's kind of re-assuring that I'm NOT supposed to remember what my mission here is in this incarnation. Although I've been given clues (my probable mission here would NOT interest anyone else though).

Astroved

You can remember, because that is a significant addition to learning; to remember what it is you chose to learn.

-------------------------------------------------------

How privileged each of you are to have incarnated at this time; although most do not remember fully, there may still be that feeling that there is something outside of this "insanity" - depending of course on your reasoning for coming here. All of you who are reading this now, went through great lengths to get a spot on Earth at this time because it is a powerful time full of powerful lessons to learn from - by learning about the external world you learn about yourself because are you not all things? Everyone is a mirror of yourself showing you more about yourself.

Reincarnation is very real and when your life is over, you'll look back and wish you could've learned more from it, and probably laugh at how you acted upon the stage.

The veil of forgetting is strong, and yet, permeable. Do not forget, wake-up. Do no live fear, live in love and peace knowing that no matter what happens that there is no end to you nor your journey of seeking and that truly humanity and all else is not alone because there are those who are very close watching, guiding, and assisting you every step of the way.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by 11118]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pacal Votan

Originally posted by slane69

Originally posted by Pacal Votan
2 weeks ago while having breakfast my four year old daughter begins speaking about death. She stated that when we die we return to do it all over again. My children do not watch TV.

My 4 year old daughter the other day told me that eating candy instead of vegetables would be better for her. So what is your point exactly?

My point is, friend, you may have the opportunity to come back and be obnoxious all over again. Is that not great?

Had to give you a star for that ... even if I did nearly choke on my coffee when I read it.

Woody

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I believe in reincarnation but I don't understand what made him so special with the billions of people who live on this earth, he can remember. I think it would be awesome for me to remember how I was once a princess

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Nkinga, I don't think you're crazy. It can be difficult to go thru something like this without anyone to talk to. Look for some kind of support group -- try your local New Age bookstore for leads.

Yes, this case is a bit creepy.

Astroved

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie

One of the best in the West is entitled "Across Time and Death: A Mother's Search for Her Past Life Children" (1993) by Jenny Cockell. Well-documented case of a British woman's remembrance of a recent Irish incarnation. She found some of her past life children (all grown up).

Thanks Astroved, I remember seeing this story in video a few years ago, but could not find the original video. Here is another video on the Jenny Cockell case.

Thanks, Zzombie, for the video. I read the book years ago -- did not know there was a video on this case.

Astroved

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Very interesting, Nkinga, sounds like you've got an Indigo child.

Astroved

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

reply to post by zzombie

Of all the people that claim to be reincarnated, nobody has ever been
a reincarnated chimney sweep from bristol or a Sewer Cleaner from seatle.
They all seem to be reincarneted from lives that had a interesting past, with
a certain amount notoriety or accomplishment as if to give their own dreary
life meaning.

Hey there skeptic_al,

I've been reading this thread from the beginning with great interest ... and I have smiled a lot at some of the misconceptions people have about this subject.

I haven't posted since the very beginning of the thread because I just wanted to observe ... plus most of the members who have been here a while already know my take on this subject and/or have read my old thread entitles - 'Spontaneous Pastlife Memory'... simply put ... I didn't want to bore those members by repeating myself.

>>>LINK

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian Ph.D
I heard it can be like a flaw in the clearing mechanism of reincarnation.. Sometimes people can remember fragments of their past lives. I've also heard that certain mortal wounds or serious damage to the body can sometimes translate into a birth scar or other artifacts onto your next life.

After death it is much like waking up from a dream.

"Oh yeah! Now I remember what I was supposed to do."

You must forget your "mission" for were there no potentials for misunderstanding there would not be experience. Nobody chose this life for you, you did. And when it's over it is only but a chapter in an endless book.

Thanks 11118, for reminding me of something. When I was five (5) years old, I kept having this annoying feeling that I had forgotten something crucial to this life. As a five-year old I remembered clearly being with my teacher just before I incarnated this time and he told me, "Above all, do NOT forget...." And I could NOT remember what it was that I wasn't supposed to forget.

It's kind of re-assuring that I'm NOT supposed to remember what my mission here is in this incarnation. Although I've been given clues (my probable mission here would NOT interest anyone else though).

Astroved

You can remember, because that is a significant addition to learning; to remember what it is you chose to learn.

-------------------------------------------------------

How privileged each of you are to have incarnated at this time; although most do not remember fully, there may still be that feeling that there is something outside of this "insanity" - depending of course on your reasoning for coming here. All of you who are reading this now, went through great lengths to get a spot on Earth at this time because it is a powerful time full of powerful lessons to learn from - by learning about the external world you learn about yourself because are you not all things? Everyone is a mirror of yourself showing you more about yourself.

Reincarnation is very real and when your life is over, you'll look back and wish you could've learned more from it, and probably laugh at how you acted upon the stage.

The veil of forgetting is strong, and yet, permeable. Do not forget, wake-up. Do no live fear, live in love and peace knowing that no matter what happens that there is no end to you nor your journey of seeking and that truly humanity and all else is not alone because there are those who are very close watching, guiding, and assisting you every step of the way.

Excellent, 11118. If only I didn't get sucked into being enraged by the BP oil spill, the slaughter of dolphins, the destruction of my country (USA)...

Okay, I need to meditate more.

Astroved

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Astroved

You're correct Astroved ... they are not 'ego-enhancing' ... but they are 'soul-enhancing'.

I hold the belief that our soul/spirit needs to experience the full spectrum of life-lessons ... good ... bad ... and indifferent.

Our bodies (being mortal), have a sell-by date (so to speak). But our soul is eternal and develops and grows from it's experiences during a variety of lifetimes.

As I said ... that just happens to be 'my' opinion (seems logical) ... but of course the truth is, neither the 'believers' nor the 'sceptics' know with 100% certainty.

Woody

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Astroved

All of us have a dark side and the external world as well as the inner world both have reflections of this dark side.

Until this dark side is acknowledged, accepted, forgiven, and brought to the light with love, it will remain in the shadows. Do not fight this dark side accept it and bring it into the light with you, as a part of you.

As always, with love and forgiveness. Do not judge, just accept, and most and foremost remember to love it is hard to express unconditional love, and yet - it is that unconditional love and acceptance that unlocks doors to solving the duality of paradoxes into unity.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

So you don't think children can be possessed according to the bible do you?

You need to read the bible a bit more.

Luke 9:38 And, behold, a man of the company cried out, saying, Master, I beseech thee, look upon my son: for he is mine only child.
Luk 9:39 And, lo, a spirit taketh him, and he suddenly crieth out; and it teareth him that he foameth again, and bruising him hardly departeth from him.
Luk 9:40 And I besought thy disciples to cast him out; and they could not.
Luk 9:41 And Jesus answering said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you, and suffer you? Bring thy son hither.
Luk 9:42 And as he was yet a coming, the devil threw him down, and tare [him]. And Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the child, and delivered him again to his father.
Luk 9:43 ¶ And they were all amazed at the mighty power of God. But while they wondered every one at all things which Jesus did, he said unto his disciples,
Luk 9:44 Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men.
Luk 9:45 But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying.

Not to mention I have seen cases where it has happened. The enemy of humanity is ruthless and Jesus certainly came to set the captives free. You don't understand it don't necessarily have to be a persons fault they are attacked spiritually. The enemy of humanity will use affected persons to open doorways to others who are innocent.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

"Spoken by Jesus whom we are to be like"
Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

And of course I am not saying I know this is what has happened as a mater of fact but it is a possibility is what I am stating in my mind and then stating the reasons why I suspect it could be. You don't have to believe it its just out there for others to chew on... a little more info for them to consider than just a one sided view point.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by forevereternal]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by forevereternal

Hello brother/sister,

First off let me express to you how much I love you.

I love you so much as how could I not love you, for are you not reflection of myself?

Understand that Jesus of Nazareth was a most moving and touching entity that showed unconditional love and acceptance were both the most powerful and moving traits that a human could posses and yet, these are the very traits that the bible contradicts.

Remember religion has a core of truth but it's drowning in a sea of perversions.

I love you all. Peace and love.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

reply to post by zzombie

Of all the people that claim to be reincarnated, nobody has ever been
a reincarnated chimney sweep from bristol or a Sewer Cleaner from seatle.
They all seem to be reincarneted from lives that had a interesting past, with
a certain amount notoriety or accomplishment as if to give their own dreary
life meaning.

Hey there skeptic_al,

I've been reading this thread from the beginning with great interest ... and I have smiled a lot at some of the misconceptions people have about this subject.

I haven't posted since the very beginning of the thread because I just wanted to observe ... plus most of the members who have been here a while already know my take on this subject and/or have read my old thread entitles - 'Spontaneous Pastlife Memory'... simply put ... I didn't want to bore those members by repeating myself.

>>>LINK

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Hey there skeptic_al

I think your theory is a good one and definately has the potential to provide an explanation for some memories we hold snippets of ... that tend to pop-up randomly ... they could very easily be the result of dream-residue.

But this theory would not apply to the memories that other people have that resulted in them realizing in-depth knowledge of subjects they were previously unaware of ... and had never studied.

Similarly it would not explain how people who have recalled 'past-life' memories are able to describe places in full detail ... that they have never visited / seen on tv / read about in a book in their current lifetime.

I do however think it is very important to look for more mundane explanations to such things before we automatically jump to the 'past-life' conclusion. Carrying a set of 'false memories' around serves no useful purpose at all

And for that reason I like the ideas you are putting forward.

Woody

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Hey there skeptic_al

I think your theory is a good one and definately has the potential to provide an explanation for some memories we hold snippets of ... that tend to pop-up randomly ... they could very easily be the result of dream-residue.

But this theory would not apply to the memories that other people have that resulted in them realizing in-depth knowledge of subjects they were previously unaware of ... and had never studied.

Similarly it would not explain how people who have recalled 'past-life' memories are able to describe places in full detail ... that they have never visited / seen on tv / read about in a book in their current lifetime.

I do however think it is very important to look for more mundane explanations to such things before we automatically jump to the 'past-life' conclusion. Carrying a set of 'false memories' around serves no useful purpose at all

Woody

Problem is, is from the moment you are born your brain is recording
everything. And it's impossible to escape the world of radio, tv, magazines
and it's all taken in. You might not remember a commercial on TV because
you don't wish to remember it, but it's still in there. Anything from a smell
to a sound can bring back an old memory to the top of the pile.

The strongest memory triggers are actually smells, smelling an old smell you
recognies can bring back a whole pile of memories associated with it.

Now, there is so much information out there and so easy get by so many
different means. Younger people might not have watched "Here's Lucy" but
they would have heard that name somewhere and it's 40+ years old.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Hey there skeptic_al

Woody

Problem is, is from the moment you are born your brain is recording
everything. And it's impossible to escape the world of radio, tv, magazines
and it's all taken in. You might not remember a commercial on TV because
you don't wish to remember it, but it's still in there. Anything from a smell
to a sound can bring back an old memory to the top of the pile.

The strongest memory triggers are actually smells, smelling an old smell you
recognies can bring back a whole pile of memories associated with it.

Now, there is so much information out there and so easy get by so many
different means. Younger people might not have watched "Here's Lucy" but
they would have heard that name somewhere and it's 40+ years old.

Again I agree ... but common sense dictates that as with your other theory that cannot explain every case and put them all into one neat little bundle.

But I think you will deliberately try to misinterpret every suggestion I put forward ... whatever I say

You will likely find it no great surprise that over the years I have met many people who share your disbelief ... and that is absolutely fine. I am not in the business of trying to convert people to my way of thinking.

No-one should believe anything blindly or accept anything as 'real' if they have not experienced it firsthand ... and they should only believe it then after they have checked for any other possible explanation.

Your username suits you well
... and that is why I think we must agree to disagree on this matter because in this case I have had my own experiences ... I have checked them out to the full ... and I have witnessed hundreds of other people discover their own PLM's ... many of whom have researched their own memories ... whilst others have seen the experience as a mere curiosity.

As I said, it is down to the individual and the way they react and respond to such topics.

Woody

[edit on 11-7-2010 by woodwytch]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Yes Religion is mans understanding of who God is. This doesn't necessarily define who God it in fact that is why there are so many versions of religions because of that.

Whether or not a certain belief appeals to the masses and is considered tolerant is not as important to me as truth and inspective discernment. When I have personally been attacked by demonic entities and have had them try and attack the ones I love I don't much care if it appears acceptable to the masses in general. I make my own decisions based on my own personal experiences and make them known so others have knowledge of what they might not have known before. Whether others integrate my experiences into their own experiences is not my choice and worries me not.

Concerning Jesus one can either refuse to believe he is who he said he was or accept he is who he says he is. Either way that decision is for you to make not mine I just let others know what he said mixed with my own experiences.

As for religion drowning in a sea of perversions. Well mankind in general is practically drowning in a sea of perversions dontcha know? And mankind in general is religious so that point is obvious to me. Which is why humanity in general need the Grace of God extended to them and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I consider my self non-denominational because Jesus didn't have a (religion) he had a personal relationship with God not to mention he was killed by religious leaders or men who had opinions on who God was with out actually knowing God personally which is why Jesus left the Holy Spirit as a gift to his church the people. So they can know God personally too.

And yes I also do care about your well being myself (Love) but I leave the decision up to you to make what you believe I don't make it for you because we all deserve to make that choice our selves.

As for the bible contradicts... If you want to make that claim well let me put it this way "claims like this require evidence." I have been reading the bible since I was very young and I would have to disagree. But I am always open to consider any claims you might have if you can be specific.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by forevereternal

I accept your view as any view that makes you think that there is something more is a beautiful, all paths are correct.

Namaste!

[edit on 11-7-2010 by 11118]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The thought of after life is comforting. It relieves the conflict of being captured in this mortal body. That maybe you get a second chance. The thought of everything going black after death is really brutal.

I sometimes play with the idea, what if each time you die, you get back into a mode where you remember, oh another life passed, wonder what kind of life comes next. And you never remember that while living.

new topics
top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join