It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Communist Connection Glenn Beck Doesn't Want to Talk About.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
TAKE A READ....ANSWER AT THE BOTTOM OF POST.....

However, there is still one powerful American who has extensive connections with communists — not just some communists, but some of the most powerful communists in the world. According to an extensive report in the New York Times, this man has "flattered Communist Party leaders and done business with their children," met repeatedly with senior members of the communist Politburo, "cooperates closely" with communist censors and propaganda networks, and "cultivates political ties" with communists in the hope that they will "insulate his business ventures." Not only that, but he "often supports the policies" of communist leaders and "attacks their critics." It gets worse.

This powerful American has control of a large number of media holdings, and he attempted to curry favor with said communists by ordering one of his book publishing units to release a volume of communist propaganda glorifying Deng Xiaoping, the heir to Chairman Mao.

And it gets worse still. This powerful American businessman also owns a Chinese television network called Star TV. Once it carried news programming from the BBC. But after the famous incident when communists attacked unarmed civilians in Tiananmen Square, Star TV's BBC affiliate repeatedly showed the spectacular video clip of a man facing down a tank alone. The communists complained. And the powerful American businessman — who makes a great deal of noise on these shores about being a champion of freedom and free speech and the free market — asked the BBC to stop showing it so often.

But the BBC kept airing the clip and the communists kept complaining and finally the businessman ordered his Chinese network to drop the BBC news channel altogether. He insisted this was a business decision and that politics had absolutely nothing to do with it, of course — and, also, the BBC reporters really wanted to spend more time with their families. But subsequently, the supreme leader of the communists praised him for his "objective" approach to Chinese political news.

But his friendly relations with overseas communists have proved lucrative. After killing Star TV's BBC affiliate in order to ingratiate himself with China's communist propaganda ministers, he established a contract to help design a Web site for CCTV, the giant official Chinese TV network that Time magazine called "the key propaganda arm of the Communist Party." He also helped launch the Web site of the official newspaper of the Chinese Communist Party, The People's Daily. He helped the communists develop a television encryption system, which will doubtless prove useful in suppressing dissent in the future.

His Chinese version of MySpace obeys all communist censorship laws, even including a built-in link for reporting "inappropriate information" to the authorities. And to smooth the skids on his new ventures, he signed employment contracts with the son of the national propaganda chief and the leadership committee of the Communist Youth League.

Oh, and he also does business with the communist nation of Cuba, which harbors one of the many tax havens where he has hidden cash to avoid American tax laws.

WHO COULD IT BE???????? Please Mr. Beck...INVESTIGATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This powerful American friend of communists is, of course, Rupert Murdoch — the man who signs Glenn Beck's paychecks. Don't hold your breath waiting for a Beck exposé.

WHo is this man...Rupert Murdoch???? Oh....he owns FOX NEWS, WALL STREET JOURNAL and TONS of other media.

www.esquire.com...

Well, what does this mean? Is Glen Beck a communist? He has stronger COMMUNIST TIES THAN OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!! Rupert Murdoch is WORSE THAN VAN JONES FOR CRIPES SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I

I guess communism is ok as long as it has ties to BUSINESS and NOT GOVERNMENT???

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glen Beck is a fraud.

Bah....who cares....I want to watch more BS on corporate tv.....i love the brainwashing....it makes me feel relevant when I'm really not in the eyes of those feeding me the BS..........

[edit on 7-7-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Awww.

I read the whole article thinknig it was going to BE Glen Beck, but I already knew the RM was a communist tool. Should have picked up on it..

Ohh well, I'm not surprised one bit.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Irony is very rampant on Glenn Becks program. I feel sorry for whoever believes a word the media try's to shove down our throats.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Roger Murdoch's wife is a Chinese Communist. Roger Murdoch isn't even AN AMERICAN BORN CITIZEN. He's Australian.

I read the whole article thinknig it was going to BE Glen Beck, but I already knew the RM was a communist tool. Should have picked up on it.. Ohh well, I'm not surprised one bit.

Communism is ok with Beck...as long as it's BUSINESS. Government Communism however...icky!!!

I can't believe I used to by into his crap.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

You've must've been a horrible Republican David lol.

Yeah, that's mostly true with all media, it's all ok until it's your ass on the line.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
its rupert murdoch, not roger.

and he is very rich very powerful, and in my opinion very bad news.

pun intended (:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Yeah, nobody likes Rupert Murdoch...but who is the cool and righteous guy who owns a TV network...which is the groovy network that we all can cheerfully endorse?

I would go on any network whatsoever if they let me say half of what I wanted to...Can't be too choosy, is my view...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You've must've been a horrible Republican David lol

LOL. Well, I grew up in a republican family. My dad used to vote Republican across the board EVERY time. He's changed though. He's finally seeing things a bit differently. I probably would have labeled myself a REP up until a few years ago.

It's amazing what a bit of truth can do to change your mind.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

its rupert murdoch, not roger.

Yeah, I know. For whatever reason I always do that.

reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

but who is the cool and righteous guy who owns a TV network...which is the groovy network that we all can cheerfully endorse?

There isn't one. Not when every single entity that owns all of the corporate media has interests outside of the United States.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have known all of this for a while.

It just took realizing who Glenn Beck works for, and it all makes sense.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I probably would have labeled myself a REP up until a few years ago.

It's amazing what a bit of truth can do to change your mind.

May I ask what happened to change your mind David?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

When I first started my businesses, I registered republican as I thought that the GOP would be more friendly to the entrepreneurs. As a matter of fact my businesses always suffered during Republican administrations as they invariably raised taxes on the little guy while giving huge corporate tax breaks and even giving subsidies with my tax money to the mega corps. I'm still registered GOP but I guess I'm a Rino.

Topic....

Ruppert is out to make money. He knows his demographic and gives them what they want. I can respect him for that; it's his Fascist ideology that worries me as it is abundantly evident on Fox.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Sorry your businesses were drained and suffered with unfair taxes....

It is a shame both parties are the same. Bought and paid for. None of them, except one who (heh heh, wonder who) works for our freedoms.

EDIT: Not to mention sovereignty. Which at this point is lost.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by LostNemesis]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

May I ask what happened to change your mind David?

Most of all...my daughter who is almost a year old.
When the bank bailouts happened, just a few weeks prior, i found out we were having a baby...and really since then I've began to look at things differently. (I remember thinking to myself, "OH MY GOD, the economy is crashing and I'm having a child!!! What am I going to do?"

I've been worried to death since then but not about me...because I really don't care about me....but I care about my daughter and her future....and when I look around me...my family, friends, and neighbors....i really do want what is the best for them and everyone else....not what is best for a certain ideology or a way of thinking.

It's kinda hard to explain in some regards...but some not....if you have a child you will know what I mean....and if you haven't yet...you will see when the day comes.

It makes life worth living....and worth caring about. Quite honestly, I didn't care about any of this before then.

(Sorry to be mushy....but really...it's completely changed my life...in more ways than I could have imagined.)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Protestantism is one of the four major divisions within Christianity (or five, if Anglicanism is considered separately) together with the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Oriental Orthodox Churches, and the Roman Catholic Church. The term is most closely tied to those groups that separated from the Roman Catholic Church in the sixteenth-century Protestant Reformation.

The doctrines of the various Protestant denominations vary, but nearly unanimous doctrines include justification by grace through faith and not through works, the priesthood of all believers, and the Bible as the ultimate authority in matters of faith and order.

In the sixteenth century the followers of Martin Luther established the evangelical churches of Germany and Scandinavia. Reformed churches in Switzerland were established by John Calvin and more radical reformers such as Huldrych Zwingli. Thomas Cranmer reformed the Church of England and later John Knox established a more radical Calvinist communion in the Church of Scotland.

Some religious movements, such as the Latter Day Saint movement, other Nontrinitarian movements, and the New Religious Movements, which share certain characteristics of Protestant churches, are often included in lists of Protestants by some outsiders. However, neither mainline Protestants nor the groups themselves would consider the designation appropriate. Some groups associated with the Restoration Movement also do not consider themselves to be Protestant.

I bring this up because G.B. religion is a German idea.

The term Protestant is derived (via French or German Protestant) from the Latin protestari meaning publicly declare/protest which refers to the letter of protestation by Lutheran princes against the decision of the Diet of Speyer in 1529, which reaffirmed the edict of the Diet of Worms in 1521, banning Martin Luther's 95 theses of protest against some beliefs and practices of the early sixteenth century Catholic Church.

Oh wait Hes follower of Doctor Martin Luther? Doctor Martin Luther was a German? Oh my.

The Disputation of Doctor Martin Luther on the Power and Efficacy of Indulgences (now known as the 95 theses)[4][5] debated and criticized the Church and the Pope, concentrating upon the sale of indulgences, the doctrines of purgatory, and the authority of the Pope. Luther maintained that justification (salvation) was granted by faith alone, saying that good works and the sacraments were not necessary in order to be saved.

This is crazy right. Who would of thought.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

When I first started my businesses, I registered republican as I thought that the GOP would be more friendly to the entrepreneurs. As a matter of fact my businesses always suffered during Republican administrations as they invariably raised taxes on the little guy while giving huge corporate tax breaks and even giving subsidies with my tax money to the mega corps. I'm still registered GOP but I guess I'm a Rino.

You're not a Republican....nor a RINO.

You're just an American looking for what is best for his business and his family.

Quite frankly I can't believe you were a registered Republican...that's crazy!!!!
Not after the posts I've read of yours on ATS. Not many that I can remember have sides with Republicans...mostly the opposite.

In all reality...what would I like to see? Tax cuts for small businesses...and tariff hikes for nearly ALL imports except for food.

I work for a small business and the owner is a really good guy. He froze my pay for 2 years which sucked....but I understand why he did it. He hates Obama....he listens to Rush Limbaugh....I get it. He's for business....but too many small businessman side with the corporations which only hurts them in the end as they can't compete with the slave labor they employ.

I feel for ya man and I hope things work out for you, your business, and the peeps who work for ya.

IMO small businesses and their workers need to unite. We'd be an unstoppable force if it were to happen and we could take this country back.

Bust of the big corps...raise tariffs...and watch our economy grow again....and also cut our insane deficit in the process....

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
...and your point is?

You're damn right there's a huge difference between a high level businessman having ties with communism and a government official having the same. Rupert Murdoch isn't responsible for setting national policy, signing bills into law, officiating over national budgets, or determining/directing taxation. My television came, from the factory, at no added cost to me, and without any extra effort needed to sign up for, initialize, or register an off button which I can at any time utilize to silence Rupert Murdoch (or his representatives/employees/people who share none of his views yet are on his networks) and effectively cause his impact on my world to completely cease.

Unfortunately.... and oh sweet Baby Jesus do I mean unfortunately, the gum flappers in the White House, COngress, the Senate, etc have no off switch. Oh I can stop listening to them at anytime I wish, make no mistake. But much like simply leaving the TV on when someone I dislike appears on it and standing, leaving the room, leaving my house, and taking a walk, the electric meter and my bill continue to rise as the TV saps electricity from the outlet. Likewise, even when I plug my ears against the ignoramous in Washington, my ignoring him doesn't free me from covering the checks his extravagant butt keeps writing.

I'm not Joseph McCarthy. I could honestly care less whether a non-public official is a commie. I don't believe that business leaders who are willing to conduct business deals with communist China are going to be the downfall of America anymore than I believe an American who smokes an illegal Cuban cigar will. That logic is flawed. Neither do I believe that an employee automatically shares in the blame of any personal wrongdoing, unrelated to his own position, his employer has been involved in. They didn't go after Sammy "The Bull" Gravano's shoe shine boy after tabbing Sammy with murder charges.

As far as who's the bigger communist, Van Jones or Murdoch... I dunno the answer to that one. I do know, however, that while you've poorly attempted to tag Beck with connections to Murdoch's foibles and straightline compare Beck with Obama you've conveniently left out the fact that Van Jones isn't the only fat girlfriend Obama brings to block for him at his parties. He also has Bill Ayers, Carl Davidson, and the biggest of them all, self admitted registered communist party member, activist, and Obama mentor, Frank Marshal Davis.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I work for a small business and the owner is a really good guy. He froze my pay for 2 years which sucked....but I understand why he did it. He hates Obama....he listens to Rush Limbaugh....I get it.

Sorry, I simply cannot allow this to slide because you just set the table for me David. Did you not, just a few scant posts ago, in the very OP of this thread, attack Glen Beck for criticizing communism and throwing the communist sympathiser tag at Obama because the man who writes Beck's check every week has done business with communists? Um... can you see where I'm going with this long before we even reach the sign for the offramp, my friend? You incessantly criticise the GOP, and your paycheck comes from a GOP sympathizer.
Irony doesn't even begin to cover this situation.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I'm going with this long before we even reach the sign for the offramp, my friend? You incessantly criticise the GOP, and your paycheck comes from a GOP sympathizer. Irony doesn't even begin to cover this situation.

That's right. It's not irony. It's called doing what I have to do to keep MY JOB. Unfortunately, i am not a multi-millionaire....I don't have my own tv show...I cannot spew my opinions based on affiliations to MILLIONS of people every single day.

I'll even let you in on the story of what I'm referring to....

2 weeks ago, I had my work review. Usually, a review means a pay increase or decrease...depending on performance......I hadn't had one in 2 years because the entire companies pay was frozen because of the recession...and a few lost their jobs.

To the point:

As I walked in to talk to the owner during my review, I asked him if he had seen the Congressman apologize to BP. (this was right after it happened...the next day actually). He said he understood the guys point and it was all Obama's fault. He asked me if I listened to Rush and that he told it how it was. I then told him the reason they did that is because of the Alaska oil spill. People had suits that were fought for over 20 years and they didn't get a dime...even though their lives were severely damaged because of stupidity. The Supreme court eventually ruled in the favor of Exxon.

He looked at me, with a glance, then I shut up. Why? Not worth losing my job over....and in the end...I did get a raise...a small one...but I busted my ass for it while the rest of the company had gotten chewed out for many screw-ups when things were already tight. We are barely making it. Why are we barely making it? From the health care industry. Whether it be from government or not, that is where we are making our money. We lost much of the rest from the recession.

You can go after me all you want burdmann...I don't attack your character...but feel free to attack mine.

You incessantly criticise the GOP, and your paycheck comes from a GOP sympathizer.

My old man is a GOP sympathizer. He's starting to change....but for the most part that's what he's all about....and what he was always about.

Do you not know anyone who doesn't agree with your opinions?

Should I disavow my own father????

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Not sure if Beck is a commie, but I have noticed that his show has changed dramatically since it first began. He used to be ON FIRE w/ conspiracies, and exposing the right AND left w/ corruption.. Now, all he talks about is past politics that has little or no importance.
It's my guess that he is being forced to change his program.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join