It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War 3 will be starting soon sources indicates.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
I have no idea what is going on, but you just don't park 3 subs, 3 aircraft carriers and put a mass of troops and equipment on the ground with ships all off the coast of IRAN. Something has got to give. This is surely a large show of force

WHAT show of force? The US keeps ONE Carrier Strike Group and ONE Marine Expeditionary Group on station in the 5th fleet area of responsibility at all times and has for at least a decade. Right now, today, there is ONE Carrier Strike Group. There are TWO Marine Expeditionary Groups only because one is relieving the other. This happens every six months or so. Once the Peleliu relieves the Nassau, the latter will go up the Suez and back to Norfolk, guranteed, just like the Eisenhower did last week. This leaves TWO groups in the 5th fleet AOR, one LHA and one CVN--just like always.

People often get confused over the word "carrier." If you have three CVN Carrier Strike Groups in one area, that WOULD be cause for concern. These ships are each 100,000 tons of American diplomacy, carry over 100 attack aircraft and can easily ruin your whole day. Each Carrier Strike Group includes approximately 10 ships total. That sounds like a lot of cruise missiles, but in reality those destroyers and even the single fast attack submarine are designed and tasked to protect the carrier.

The Marine Expeditionary Groups have smallish carriers in the neighborhood of 60,000 tons displacement and carry mainly helicopters and Harrier jets. They support an ambibious invasion, but not a particularly large one. I think they can carry two or three Abrams tanks.

Every time we see a relief take place we get the same alarmist calls to action. My advice is to carefully check your sources, never believe debkafile and if you want to know what is going on, check stratfor.com.

And about translators. I say this is also nonsense. I have a close friend who IS a translator of Arabic. (Iranians speak Farsi, of course. I realize this.) There is no shortage of Arabic linguists, for sure. The US gets the majority of its linguists from DLI: Defense Language Institute in Monterey, California. They churn out Class 3 linguists on a regular basis (Class 3 means you have the linguistic abilities of a high school graduate, Class 4 is college graduate, Class 5 is graduate school as a rough sense of abilities) The graduates are largely enlisted folk who then take up a post run by the NSA or are assigned to field ops if you're a Marine, for example.

As a civilian getting a job a difficult and lengthy months-long process. It's also very location centric. You must be willing to move to a data center that hires, such as DC or a place like Fort Gordon in Augusta, Georgia where there is a major center. In the US there are more linguists than there are jobs. There are only three sources for jobs: Government, which takes a year to get in and the pay is not that great. Enlistees, which take over two years to produce a qualified linguist where the pay is worse, or via a contractor, who basically hires enlistees who have gotten out of the service, where the pay can be pretty good, especially with overseas differentials. That's it.

So this whole issue is just alarmist and has no basis in reality. I'm not trying to debate the politics of it, just the facts of the situation. There is no build up. There is no linguist shortage.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the Iranian people they have a nut case spewing crazy stuff that does not represent there peoples views. The US is not there to attack Iran, Israel is. We are there to support them in taking out Iran's nuclear facilities. hopefully Isreal can take out the buildings they will need troops on the ground to do it so the US will have to provide air support this is how i think it will go down. they may assassinate akmadinner jacket also. Which wouldn't be a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Iran has one of, if not THE largest natural gas fields in the world. Israel does not have the capability to refine that, America does however.

Hmmmm, nuclear power stations, sure!, sounds like youve really gotten to the bottom of this one good buddy, crackd this case wide open!

No more need for any more posts, oh no, pez1975 has susd it all out.

Oh yeah, and # all those Russia nuclear scientists who will be murderd by Israel, im sure Russia will have no problems loosing some of its most highly trained scientists, nah im sure it wont care about that at all. And im sure America wont loose any sweat about murdering another super powers nuke scientists, nahhh, what could go wrong eh???

YEEEEEEEEE HAAAAWWWW U S A U S A U S A U S A

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Johnze]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The REAL threat is not the nuclear blast on-continent. "They" are much more worried about a HEMP (High-altitude Electromagnetic Pulse) created by the blast. If only more people were aware that with only one weapon of 20kt (about the size of Hiroshima and Nagasaki) detonated at an altitude of 30 miles (158400 feet), an estimated 25%-33% of the U.S. would be sent back to the 1800's. It would fry unhardened electronics (read: "nearly ALL") and crash the electrical grids.

Not a happy thought.

modernsurvivalonline.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I personally know people coming back from IRAQ, saying a even bigger war is about to start and they're about to be reposted.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by whywhynot
Push a button in Cheyenne Mountain and Iran's pitiful armed forces are dust in the wind. Overreaction? Not if Iran gets in a lucky cheap shot and a lot of US military die. It would be over real fast!

The fallout pattern from a nuclear attack would sweep eastward covering ALL of the US forces in Afghanistan, while eventually exposing tens of thousands of Pakistanis and Indians (two other nuclear powers). .

www.ippnw-students.org...

That would be tantamount to declaring war on India and Pakistan. Not gonna happen sir! Makes for a fun masochistic fantasy though, kudos for that.

Who said that the ICBMs would be nuclear?

defensetech.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anam Gra

reply to post by kyred

FOR GOD SAKE, addinajhad said himself, on the news he is going to protect his country and produce NUKES. He also said," in his own country", that isreal should be wiped off the map. I don't know about you , but i do not trust this man.

To be honest with you its the US I dont trust with nukes, after all they are the only nation to have used them in any conflict. I say take the nukes off the yanks!! Seriously guys, how many wars have they started? Dangerous country!!!!

You should thank your God that the USA had Nukes, industrial power and the strength to use them or you my friend would be speaking German right now and living under a very different form of government.

Hey John Wayne, I dont think I will be thanking any God for the indescriminent murder of innocent civilians at Hiroshima/Nagasaki. Or shall I be thanking God for the US and its financially-orientated warmongering. You have made it very clear, however, how certain sections of the US popuation allow these atrocities to happen. I have to say though, much applause to those US citizens who are actually exercising their democratic right and questioning the actions of thier government.

My only regret in that case is that you cannot presently be "enjoying" the hospitality of a nice little Fascist government. I'm certain that you would like that and certainly you would deserve it if you are not willing to defend yourself and your loved ones. Then just die and be happy.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by kyred

FOR GOD SAKE, addinajhad said himself, on the news he is going to protect his country and produce NUKES. He also said," in his own country", that isreal should be wiped off the map. I don't know about you , but i do not trust this man.

To be honest with you its the US I dont trust with nukes, after all they are the only nation to have used them in any conflict. I say take the nukes off the yanks!! Seriously guys, how many wars have they started? Dangerous country!!!!

You should thank your God that the USA had Nukes, industrial power and the strength to use them or you my friend would be speaking German right now and living under a very different form of government.

Hmm Japan... nukes... german... what are you talking about?
time line check pls!

You should thank your God for the russians to help you against germany or the US would be history's greatest military fail.

I wonder about that sentence tho... you know that life wasnt that bad in germany (if you werent a jew, black, gay, gipsy, etc, which I'm not so I'm cool) and the economy was great with a brutal growth, everyone did their part, and the country and their citizens experienced what could be called a "golden age"... so if I really had to choose, well... I'd go with 1933-1939 nazi germany yes. Wouldnt mind.

Never the less... nuke wise, I think the US still have to pay for those 2 nukes they dropped on japan.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

reply to post by kyred

Hey John Wayne, I dont think I will be thanking any God for the indescriminent murder of innocent civilians at Hiroshima/Nagasaki. Or shall I be thanking God for the US and its financially-orientated warmongering. You have made it very clear, however, how certain sections of the US popuation allow these atrocities to happen. I have to say though, much applause to those US citizens who are actually exercising their democratic right and questioning the actions of thier government.

My only regret in that case is that you cannot presently be "enjoying" the hospitality of a nice little Fascist government. I'm certain that you would like that and certainly you would deserve it if you are not willing to defend yourself and your loved ones. Then just die and be happy.

Well, arent you the angry little man that would wish fascism and death on a neutral, peaceful nation!! Now where did I hear that before????......oh yeah...US foreign policy...woops!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sickle_And_Hammer

I would think differently. From what I am hearing from my sources. It sounds like Iran does have Nukes already. They are not reporting it and are hiding it. The U.S knows they have nukes already and currently making more. They are a threat to the U.S. The reason is that Iran does have Nukes and I know they won't be using them. They developed them to protect themselves from the U.S. The U.S wants to control resources like Oil companies etc.

I currently don't know if my sources are legit or right. That is why I asked on here. It seems to me if all the sources is right and what is said on ATS is correct. It seems to me soon we will have some world war 3 on our hands. Iran is not a huge threat to the U.S but the U.S wants to have a upper hand in the world and have the power so no country can challenge them. Iran is stepping into a area where if they fight they can hold of the U.S and other countries for a while but it won't last. I personally think Iran will lose at some point. The U.S wants to take them out now because sooner or later they will get powerful to a point where they can't control Iran meaning they won't have the power they had before over Iran. The U.S knows they have nukes already but can't legally say that they have them without seeing them. Iran is hiding them and are good at it. This allows them to deny they have such things and keeps the U.S from using that excuse to cause a war.

If you remember the Iraq war with bush they first said we need to invade them because there is terrorist there.Then Saddam is a threat having weapons of mass destruction. Then they changed it saying oh we are helping the Iraqi people to have freedom and make the country to have democracy. This shows we new own Iraq. We put our own government system in that country. I think the U.S needs some new excuse why we need to get inside Iran and start another war that will effect our economy.

I personally don't think the U.S needs to go into Iran. I personally think the U.S should focus on it's own people and economy. We can't start another war while we are in heavily in debt. I am currently in college studying accounting and I still can't get inside my head how IOU'S or corporate paper is acceptable as payment or as a promise to pay to be able to delay the payment. I know if I start writing promises to the power company I know for a fact they would quickly shut off my services instantly. I can't fully understand on the U.S can still run a country when we are in Debt meaning we owe alot of money to people. I would think it's stupid of the U.S to start another war.

you should take a look at the usdebtclock.gov

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

Absolutely agree, no reason for the warmongering. Iran wont initiate a war, that would be madness. But there seems to be a real gung-ho attitude among many americans, they genuinely see themselves as world police!! Or so they would have us think! The USA have done nothing for the world that hasnt been motivated by financial gain and power, they have brought quite the opposite to freedom and peace. I hope those guys remember their gung-ho attitude when they see the constant stream of bodybags full of teenagers coming back to their shores. Its criminal! Wake up America, this is about money control and power and none of that is filtering down to John Doe!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
And this forum needs to start deleting bogus HOAX threads and punishing the users who start them.

I'm fed up with the massive amount of BS people post here. People can claim anything they like and a hundred responders jump onto it without checking the facts and confirming the story.

The motto is "Deny Ignorance". So how about the forum admin act to support this motto by removing threads based on hoaxes?

Yeah let's start censoring information here, it's so much easier than relying on your own judgement or doing your own research. Being spoon fed is so much sexier. If you're so fed up with the massive amount of BS people post here, then why linger? There's plenty of other sites that cater to main stream media sponges who will remove any dubious or controversial content for you. Try Chat Rooms.

I like to think for my damned self thank you, it's why I came to ATS in the first place.
This whole REVOLTING mantra of 'Hoax Labeling' this site is beginning to pulsate with is a dangerous precept, largely credited to the recent deluge of 'intellectual whiners' who are too lazy to think for themselves and make their own judgements. That precept will amount to little more than censorship. The ATS community did a fine job of sniffing out hoaxes before somebody decided we needed a baby sitter in the form of a "hoax forum" and it's insulting.
If you don't like a post, debunk it, or move on, there's a wealth of material on this site to choose from and a whole internet to surf if this site offends you. The last thing ATS needs is jerks screaming for threads to be closed or somebody else telling us something is a hoax. If it's a hoax, we'll figure it out eventually, we usually do.
I think ATS should start punishing people who butt in on other people's threads and try to get them closed, or people that claim something is a BS without providing one shred evidence to the contrary, where' I'm from we call people like that twits.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by twitchy]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Anam Gra

I agree with your post. I do think Iran won't start the war. They have no reason too start it at all. I do believe they are making nukes and currently do have nukes. It's just they are hiding them. They are using those nukes just to back the U.S and other countries off. They need a way to defend themselves. Currently Iran is preparing for such possible attacks. They are also stalling time by not admitting that they have nukes and they are hiding the nukes. I personally think that Israel and the U.S I don't really think they care about money but ti's more about power. If you can control the worlds resources you control everyone in the world. So if you don't have 100% control on the worlds resources then you got a struggle. This has been happening since very long ago. I had a lecture in history class about the greeks and romans and all about traded resources battles. It's all about control. The one who has most control over the world dominates.

The above post quoting a person saying that This thread should be closed because it's a hoax. It's not a hoax. Currently I notice alot of my friends have been called to do interpreters for the U.S military and I got a few friends in the Military that are accountants. I have other sources too. This is all I am saying that according to all my sources including reading posts on ATS about this Iran trouble stuff. I am thinking there is going to be a world war 3 brewing soon. The reason if that if you study their maneuvers it seems like they are getting into position to attack. They may not attack today or next week or next month but if the sources are legit and true. It seems like we got a war on our hands. This isn't good for the U.S. The reason is that I point out our economy is not doing good right now. So it will effect the U.S financially to do such a thing.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Take the nuke back from iserail and i'm sure Iran would comply with most UN requests but when you have zionist in iserail wanting to nuke Iran then you had better make sure you can fight back, like for like.

america also wants to make americans defenchless and are trying to remove the guns from the people and should look to Iran to see how you get treated when you try to stand up to the bully.

The story goes that most of the hijackers on 9/11 came from saudi arabia and yet we give them money and treat the bin-ladens like royals and if that does not ring an alram bell then nothing will.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
People should understand, Patraeus has just taken over as and any build up of forces will be a show of strength, by him. Thats about it really.

I do believe they are making nukes and currently do have nukes

What makes you believe that?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

Well they tried that recently didnt they, and Iran stated it was more than happy to abandon all nuclear research if Israel would hand over all there nukes. Israel went mental and told us to remember nazi germany and America abandond every attempt at trying to create a nuclear free middle east.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

I will not answer who am I or where I am. Let's just say if your Pakistani, or any middle eastern like indian or speak farsi. You may get a strange phone call some you will get the U.S military offering a job as a translator usually it's a company but some phone calls may be direct from the U.S military since they are currently desperate for translators.

For the other people on here saying World War 3 is out of the picture or it will never happen or who cares. I care cuz world ware 3 should be the first war to be worried about because it may turn out to be a nuclear war. I know in world war 2 we thought that was going to be a nuclear war. I am pretty sure if world war 3 happens and no nukes are used we will wounder about the next world war. Cuba did warn the U.S that if they attack Iran a world war will happen. I think the world war 3 may get nuclear that's if Iran really has nukes already. The reason is that Iran is weak. They won't win against the U.S but they can for sure make sure we never forget such a war. I can assure you that they will use the Nuke when they need too. Think of it as a thorn that you will never get out of your foot. The pain will always be there. In other words Iran will prepare to lose but make sure that we Americans never for get such a war.

What I said about today about me getting phone calls are true today I had alot of phone calls from the U.S military and also phone calls that when I pick up I get no one on the other side. Just from your post it seems I am not the only one. I am just making a thread here about my experience I had and how it ties in with Iran war or world war 3.
I personally think that this adds more evidence towards an attack on Iran. It doesn't seem like the attack will happen next month but seems like the U.S military is getting ready for the attack and today is just more evidence that shows they are getting close to attack Iran.

So what I said in the original message about getting the calls is all legit. You won't be able to verify this by goggling it. The only way to verify this is to ask middle eastern people that speak farsi pashto or many other middle eastern langos. They may have been contacted recently and also got calls that had no one on the other end answering back. Which in your case is the same thing that happened to me.

من امیدوارم که U.S ندیده حمله به ایران.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Ya, what Iran was trying to do is that they will not make the nukes and stop the uranium program only if israel hand over their nukes. The reason is that Iran is building nukes currently to defend themselves they don't want a war and don't really want to build nukes rather invest that money elsewhere like research. Iran is building the nukes since they see a threat from israel and the U.S. They are both powerful and have alot of control on what goes on in the world. So Iran wants to fight against their power so they can be free under no ones control. ya israel defense was bringing up Hitler to make people think that Iran will do the same or do an act similar or even worst. The reason is because they don't want to give up their nukes and power. This is what the whole argument is about. It's all about power which means that you need to have control over people to have power over them. Iran dosen't want to be controled by the U.S and israel and Britain. This is why they are struggling to gain some power which israel and the U.S knows about and wants to take them out now rather then have Iran build their power to a point where it will take months or years to break such power down to keep them under the U.S and israel control.

When I talked about Iran news sources and middle east news sources I was talking about new sources I have on my favs that are not controlled type media. The middle eastern news media is semi-censored. I had to go threw a proxy server to bypass those censor ship and it had a paragraph about U.S is preparing for an attack on Iran. It didn't say any details.

What I said on here is not a hoax. I am not saying that it's 100% true. Just saying what my sources are and what your thoughts about it. I am trying to figure out what is going on. Today was a weird day I never signed up or told the U.S military that I can speak different languages other then English. I first get a call from the U.S military and then after that call I get many phone calls that no one on the other end answers. I suspect it could be that they are tapping into my phone system. Since I know how bugging a phone system works to record convocations.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by computerwiz32]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamiethegreat

Well what I say is based on sources. Yes that is true it will happen when it happens. I am just playiing it smart. I rather know ahead of time what to do when such a thing happens that way I can protect myself. Your attitude is very bad. I mean think about it. Do you think people that invented stuff said to themselves that they will make something what it happens. I mean this logic sounds like hippies on weed. I will get a job when I get one. hmmm when is that when??? when will you get one? To what your saying is that we shouldn't care if it happens then it happens. So you rather die knowingly that your death could of been avoided. We all die one way or another. Yet we strive to live because that leaves a legacy. If you died from something that can be prevented no one will think highly of you and you are soon to be forgotten. So if you die from smoking or drinking too much and die from being stupid. You will be forgotten and if not you will be known as the idiot that died so young. If you can prevent or at least prepare for such a even that way if such a war has a less affect on you. You have better odds of living or surviving such a war. If your not purposed then your lost and confused. When the war happens you may either die your be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. You won't know where to go and what to do and how to cook your own food to service. So your good as dead. It's just like what doctors tell you. If you can prevent a disease then why not prevent it rather then get the full damage from it where it will cost you alot.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
I feel sorry for the Iranian people they have a nut case spewing crazy stuff that does not represent there peoples views. The US is not there to attack Iran, Israel is. We are there to support them in taking out Iran's nuclear facilities. hopefully Isreal can take out the buildings they will need troops on the ground to do it so the US will have to provide air support this is how i think it will go down. they may assassinate akmadinner jacket also. Which wouldn't be a bad thing.

I feel sorry for them too. I am teaching English in Asia to an Iranian eye Doctor. Since the itneret is highty filtered in Iran to ban English and western propaganda he knows little of the outside world. I carefully broach the subjects of politics and religion. And it would seem he has no idea what is going on or what could happen to his wife and children in the next month while he is gone. I can not bring myself to concern him with that while he is here.

About 10 percent are Christian in Iran. I ask if there is tension between the the two and he says no, some Muslims even marrie those Christians. But if they try to build a church the gobermant shuts them down. He also mentioned that his goverment is a dictatorship that the citizen do not approve. In his opinion Amajamadingdong is all talk, no action.

This all may be off topic, but if Iran is attacked, it will be by bullies who do what ever the hell they want. And the good people of Iran will suffer greatly. I would hope for global retaliation for such an act of bulling.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join