It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War 3 will be starting soon sources indicates.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Thank you guys for saying before I did.

Iran does not have nuclear weapons!

Doesn't India, Pakistan, and Israel have nuclear weapons? I do not see any rush to invade them and give them a good ol' dose of American Democracy. What about Russia and China, oh and watch out for North Korea! And yes, the UN has cleared Iran of Nuclear Weapons several times.

Anyway, we are not the worlds police and we have to stop acting like it.
We have the bomb, lots of other nations do. More nations will learn how to make nuclear weapons and it is their right as it is our and we should not be grandstanding over the possible events that could occur. Last check we were the only nation to ever kill people directly with Atomic bombs. I know the argument, it helped stop WWII.
No it didn't, the Japanese had already surrendered, so nuts to that response.

I loudly support an era of rebuilding of America. We need to end all of our military intervention and empire building. America is broke and broken and a cool off period for our military, our economy, and our politics must occur our we will collapse beneath the weight of our debt, our overstretched endeavors outside of our borders, and our internal struggle with each other.

Long Live America!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
HEY GUYS

I think we are staring to get off topic. Can someone clarify what the hell the OP is talking about?

I find posts like his to be highly suspect when they start a thread and then just vanish without any further comments.

Is he a translator for the military? Is he a liar and pulling all our legs?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

LOOK, the more NUKES produced, you know down the road there is going to be problems. IT SOUNDS LIKE, YOU LIKE PROBLEMS. Me, on the other hand, will try to avoid (producing more nukes) such things, so that the nuke will not happen. OK, DOES THIS MAKE SENSE. YOU want to give everyone a nuke.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth
[more

Your right about the nukes being irrelevant.

Its all about power and control, and oil. Or, more to the point, control of the oil.
The world having to buy its energy (oil) in US dollars is a very sweet deal for America. If the oil producing countries were to sell their oil for another currency, say euros, America would become a debt ridden economic basket case virtually overnight.

Iraq threatened to do this. Look at them now. The Taliban refuse to allow an oil pipeline through Afganistan to the sea. Same result. Iran has also threatened to sell their oil for Euros and may already be doing so.

Of course they cannot and will not allow this to happen, so, we get the cover story of WMD or rouge states with Nukes. They try a bit of arm twisting with threats and sanctions and when that fails its time for regime change with a compliant puppet installed and the show rolls on.

So an attack on Iran is inevitable, but I dont think it will directly cause WW3. That would take Russia and China coming into it, and as long as the oil keeps flowing and their strategic interests are not greatly compromised they have no reason to go to war. They know that America MUST keep the oil flowing to the world to maintain their economy, and if the US goes down economically so does their biggest market.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Suitcase nukes can come from anywhere now if one has the right connections or money. You don't even have to be a country, and a country like Iran will probably go to much greater lengths to keep nuclear weapons secure...should they ever develop them. Pakistan's nukes were so unsecure we sent people over there to help them guard them. And they were far more complicit in 9/11 than Iran or even Iraq ever were. Either no one has nukes or it's fair game. Particularly for nations like Iran who are complying with inspections and signatory to the NPT when some (like Israel) are not. And as someone said, there is NO proof that they are even developing nuclear weapons. Just someone's word for it. Someone with a very large agenda.

The other side of this coin is that Iran may well already have some nukes that went missing a few years back. Food for thought. Anyway...

[edit on 6-7-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

Who cares?
Right now I have a lit smoke and a big cup of coffee that is getting cold.
The future wars and their outcomes I can do nothing against or for, but this coffee I can.
I think I will warm it up and light another smoke, because that is something I can control.
I’ll worry about the war when it gets here.
For now, care to go grab a coffee and a smoke?
And don’t tell me you don’t do that because of health reasons, if so why worry about a nuclear war?
I think what I am trying to say is, someday I hope to die.
Even more I would love a heroic epic death worthy of song.
But in order to die one must first LIVE so, get to living please.

(Edit) cuz i are not a spellificator.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by g146541]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You can only succeed in creating more problems by a preemtive strike in this case. Nukes are going to get in more unscrupulous hands as time progresses and the technology is no longer new. Of course nobody likes this outcome but it begs a question. To what end are we going to go and police the world for their technological developments which may endanger Americas best interests? When would you stop the wars? Would it be enough human bloodshed when Zimbabwe got one?(theyll be the last btw) For what cost in American casualties will this policing of the world entail?

Were coming to a wall man...everybodies getting them or they soon will be. How long we gonna blow apart countries at the cost of American lives and prosperity here on our own soil?

BTW I love your avatar. Is that a great gray owl?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I would like to know, who will be on the side of IRAN if it breaks out? LEBONON. How could this even spark WORLD WAR. A war, yes, but not WORLD WAR. The concept makes no sense, unless some countries help IRAN. IF so, then what would be the purpose?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Several points:
The reason for the carrier groups in that part of the world, is for the ongoing campaigns in Iraq and Afganistan. We are also there to provide a show of force for those middle eastern countries in the area and to do a bit of sabre rattling against Iran. We are wanting to enforce sanctions, however, it will require that we have a multiple navies under the UN Flag to assist.
The reason for translators, is that with any major carrier group, chances are they are also monitoring the radio traffic going on from Iran, and would want a translation as to what all is being said, and to break any and all codes.
The US military lacks in translators for farsi, and most middle eastern languages, so if they have more of them, then it would make it easier for them to figure out what is being said and stated.
The main problem is that Iran is, for all intents and purposes, an unknown in the eyes of the US, as we have no ties to them and they are not exactly going to be forthcomming with information about what they are and are not doing.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You serious? Why do people like you keep saying there will be a damn WW3 (soon)? Give it a break already....it will happen when it happens.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
I would like to know, who will be on the side of IRAN if it breaks out? LEBONON. How could this even spark WORLD WAR. A war, yes, but not WORLD WAR. The concept makes no sense, unless some countries help IRAN. IF so, then what would be the purpose?

Yeah, I don't see "World War" out of this - regional perhaps.

One thing that's clear is that China has looked at the chess board and decided they don't really need Iran (and Russia never did) - this is why they have signed up to support the latest UN sanctions finally ... they have other plans. It's very telling.

WW3 will be multiple regional conflicts. A lot of asymetrical warfare vs modern forces (IEDs vs UAVs). I think it will be a long series of multi-theater events rather than one big free-for-all.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

Thats funny i got a call today when i picked up there was no answer.
So i looked at the caller ID and the # was 301 hold on ok just looked again and at 544pm (US east coast) i got an unknown caller with the # 301 thats the whole # just 301.
Who was that? Only my wife can speak Pakistani and Indian (pujobby/uodo no clue how to spell it) and she got a green card but shes from Scotland not the M.East. O-well no clue who it was but you made me think of that.
Are you in the military?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Fear and Propaganda have sunk their teeth into far too many posters here on ATS.

It seems the media's job of ramming up support for the coming Iran/Israel war is working.

Come on folks, let's be serious here.

Iran does NOT have nuclear weapons. They have the RIGHT to produce them.

It's VERY hypocritical for countries who have nukes, to tell other countries to NOT have them, or produce them, under threat of war.

Take Israel for example, why if it's so about Iran not getting nukes, let the IEA into their facilities to see what they have?

Be careful of what you read and how you interpret it. Admadinejad's quotes are grossly mistranslated day in and day out by western and european media.

I for one hope Iran does get a nuclear weapon, so that they can tell the rest of the world to go to hell and let them live the way they want to, without the oppresive UN among other entities on it's back.

There's a reason they keep countries like Iran living in perpetual darkness and poverty.

And it's not because they are "extremists".

BTW for those wondering who would be Iran's allies, you've got Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Russia and China, Turkey also now...

That's not a war the US or Israel wants to fight.

~Keeper

[edit on 7/6/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Theyre not gonna go to war when there's no money in it;
Iran doesnt have anything of value;

We are in Iraq because of oil;
Afghanistan because of heroin;

Dont believe the lies that the politicians are always spewing, they dont care about weapons of mass destruction or terrorists;
all they care about is money/resources

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The US and or Israel are VERY close to War with Iran and then the Middle East. You see it doesn’t matter if they have nukes or not. The US is very close to financial ruin and they are very close to being exposed for saying we are in some recovery when it is all bad.
The US needs the War machine going to keep us from collapsing ………
We are all very close and War is the diversion they think we need.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
A large show of force. Why are we trying to scare these people? I don't trust iran with NUKES, bottom line. The less NUKES the better. In the end tho i fear we will all have one and so will terrorists. A bad thought. millions could be destroyed in the hands of terrorists, oh, GEEE, thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Iran has no nuclear weapons haaa!
You will all see when we shoot down their missiles over the country of Iran that are suspiciously already armed and decimate Iran.
And that will be the US proof that Iran had Nukes.
That will work right?
We will buy that story, right?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Either no one has nukes or it's fair game.
[edit on 6-7-2010 by ~Lucidity]

That is probably one of the most rational and understanding things I have seen on ATS about the Iran and U.S confrontation over nuclear weapons.

I believe that would be the thoughts behind Iran. As reiterated thousands and thousands of times before on this site like a lot of material; Iranian justification for producing nuclear weapons would simply be to counter balance the many other threats that it faces in the region. One could go on to talk about how Israel posses nuclear weapons and the U.S could deploy them within minutes. ~Like I said, most of us know this and understand this.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lepracornman

Check out the just-posted thread about the UAE weighing in on this. It's just getting more insane. Seriously.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

It is because the USA has the power and we want to take your treasure and women-!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join