It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: What do YOU think will happen?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The thing with 2012 is that it makes a curious verse in the bible make sense.

Revelation 11:10
And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth

December 21, 2012 is so close to Christmas, the only holiday that this verse sounds like. People usually store their presents early so perhaps in an emotion of joy over the death of these two prophets, they decide to bring out their presents early and hand em all around.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What will happen on 21-12-2012.

Here's what I'll be doing.....Sitting and having a beer waiting to see if THE show is going to happen. LOL

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Some predictions for 2012 from the upcoming "Book of Prophecy" by Daisy Lola

Woe unto Britain, for thoust will not win gold at the olympias

The men from the Rhine will probably win on penalties in the game of ball to foot

After a rather frosty start, the rest of the day will be mild with a light southwesterly wind

Those that doth believe in green men from skies will change thy visitation date to 2018

These prophecies were gathered by the ancient art of scrying, which involves looking through my window and thinking about going out for lunch

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What I think of 2012 is that it may be important and meaningful to present day living Mayans but that all the prophecies were meant for them, their world but not -the- entire world. I also don't think anything said in Mayan texts was meant to be interpreted by anyone on the outside of the Mayan civilization or in a physical way but rather reflects upon the metaphysical changes, how members from this particular civilization will evolve spiritually just as any being of any civilization evolves spiritually. So in my world nothing will happen since I don't share the common interpretation of "2012", to the Mayas something might happen but since I don't know much about Mayan culture I wouldn't know anything about that.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
i think they'll make a technological breakthrough where we can have a computer chip inserted in our brain and be able to access the internet and communicate telepathically. that, to me at least, is much more practical than most of the other "theories".

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
well i think planet x (brown dwarf star) will come throu this solarsystem close to earth an that will cause a polar shift witch inturn will couse the earth to spin in the opposite direction and go into a global ice age and causing catersrophic storms thus killing us all. and i think this becouse they say that planet x whitch goes throu our solar system every 3500 years and has recently been spotted just out past pluto and its heading our way so i think this time round its going to pass close to earth. thats just my thout

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by scott,aussie

There is no new planet out there in the solar system just beyond Pluto. Whole sky surveys would see anything planet sized out at least 8 times the distance to Pluto. Pole shifts are slow events taking millions of years to happen and have not happened in around 200 million years.

There is nothing to worry about concerning new planets and pole shifts.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nicolee123nd
Now here my question for you: What do YOU think will happen in 2012?

The purpose of this thread is to get an overview of what people (believers) really think will happen in 2012. I'm just curios to see what people think; to see what theories come out over the rest.

Well several things influence what I believe will happen. It won't happen all in a flash one one day but it will happen faster than expected.

I believe that christianity will end (more specifically the corrupt roman catholic rule will end - if you can find the thread 'all roads lead to rome' it explains the hidden deep deep corruption in detail)

I believe that it is due to end because religions last on average about an age (2000-2600 years)

In the age of Taurus the Hindu empire was the dominant player.

In the age of Aries you can credit the Jewish tribes were the dominant force if force is what you want to call it.

The Age of Pices(sp) Christianity was theh dominant force and I do not believe that in any of the other recorded age has there been so much war or spiritual devistation by the hidden money masters and their minions.

I believe that around the winter of 2012 the rest of us will awaken to the lies that we have so long believed, shake off the slavery built bit by bit in our legal and tax code system, we will no longer send our children to fight in wars staged only to thin our ranks and line the already deep pockets of the elite bloodlines.

What beliefs will take the place of christianity in the Aquarian age? I myself believe that the masses will be able to view the aruas of those around us and we will vouleenarily awaken and begin shun the elite and those who imitate them because their evil intents will be visible. It will be a world with less corruption and more compassion more sharing and little to no stealing.

(I also believe that at 6:00 12-21-2012 in a flash I will get back every sock that I have ever lost in the dryer. )

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Stereologist you might want to check NASA's website. They have in fact confirmed that "Planet X" does exist. Not in it's mythological manner however it is currently named Eris and resides as a slightly larger planet than pluto that sits in the kuiper belt. Stop making comments just because you don't agree with their opinions and post proof of your claims. If you cannot prove that none of these will NOT happen then your claim is just as bogus as the rest.

The question was "What do YOU think will happen in 2012".

I think scientifically speaking it won't be anything more than we've experienced in the past. There might be more solar anomalies but nothing that is going to cause massive shifts of unknown proportions. If anything is going to happen my bet is on the "alien disclosure" theory whether it's truth or not. Mass hysteria from the end of the world is going to cause people to loot and riot. Possibly a World War may occur just preceding the 2012 prediction. Political ties between countries are VERY tense right now and we're already working our way up to a World War.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think that Solar Cycle 24 along with the huge hole in the magnetosphere will alter human consciousness and possibly integrate our brain states. I don't know how or why but I'm assuming it has to do with electromagnetic energy & our pineal gland. That's a real short opinion I really don't feel like elaborating.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Stryker Ops

Stereologist you might want to check NASA's website. They have in fact confirmed that "Planet X" does exist. Not in it's mythological manner however it is currently named Eris and resides as a slightly larger planet than pluto that sits in the kuiper belt. Stop making comments just because you don't agree with their opinions and post proof of your claims. If you cannot prove that none of these will NOT happen then your claim is just as bogus as the rest.

Thanks for pointing out your errors in your own post. Pluto and Eris are not planets.

I am well aware of Pluto, Eris, Sedna, Ceres and other large objects in the solar system that are not planets. These objects are quite small and not considered to be planets. The status of Pluto as a planet was disputed for decades. It was seen to be too small to account for the effects attributed to a Planet X.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bithpo

Can the solar magnetic field be detected or measured at the Earth's surface? Even moderate magnetic fields do not appear to affect humans. The only effects I am aware of are rapidly changing magnetic fields used to treat migraine headaches. The changing magnetic field induces currents inside of the brain that are the actual mechanisms of treatment.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

After reading this thread i agree with the other posters

You talk as though you have all the answers and you know everything

you say this and that are impossible but i dont think anybody can say anything is impossible because YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS.

You cannot say 100% none of those things will happen any more than somebody else can say that they 100% will happen

and also the OP asked for peoples opinions on what will happen, they did not say "please post your opinions so they can be debunked", im sure the OP was just curious on what other people thought will happen and did not want a thread where beliefs were being challenged and i was actually enjoying the thread until you came along.

I am not in any way calling you names but i will say i think you have derailed this thread as i believe people who may have wanted to post may not have because they could not be bothered entering into debate with you.

SO please just do as the OP asked and state what you think will happen and stop telling people why they are wrong as that is not the threads intention.

MooseVernel

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Im not really sure what will happen if anything. But i think the most likely is Global Nuclear War.

To me this is the biggest realistic threat to me at the moment and one that is most within the realms of possiblity. Although i do not think it would be the end of the world if this happened it would sure take a hell of a long time to recover from.

I do think there is a possiblity of the other things happening and thats why i am keeping an open mind

Alien Disclosure...we can only dream

MooseVernel

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

Thanks for your input, but there are things that are 100% impossible.

An unknown planet with an orbit entering the orbits of the known planets is impossible.

Screaming your case does not lend support to your error.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

tell me how it is 100% percent impossible beyond the realm of all doubt, im not saying it will happen and i happen to think it is very highly unlikely....

but not impossible

saying something is completely impossible when there is no way we can know 100% for sure in my mind is silly

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

We can look at the motions of the planets and see that there is no so-called missing mass. If there is a planet sized object in the solar system it must be far enough away that it's effects cannot be measured.

This does not preclude the existence of an unknown planet sized or larger object. It simply constrains the positions that object may hold.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

this still does not prove 100% without a shadow of a doubt that it is impossible though does it?

just to clarify the evidence points against it, but does not mean it is impossible

edit on 21/10/10 by moosevernel because: Forgot to add the second bit

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Don't know what you are missing, but it is 100%.

Beyond that issue which seems to be a little complex to understand there is the issue of whole sky surveys. The whole sky surveys also limit the existence of new planets to far, far away. No Earth sized planet can be within 340AU. Jupiter sized planets would have to be 2100AU or farther.

Unknown planets entering the orbits of the known planets 100% impossible. Entering the orbits of the known planets in the next 5 years absolutely impossible.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

i still stand by nothing is 100% impossible, what we think is impossible now often turns out to be possible, there may be factors you are not considering (which i do not know of course
)

all i am saying is maybe you should entertain the notion that there are things that are overlooked, missed or are unknown which make the 'impossible' possible

but you have your opinion and i have mine, i do not even know why i have entered this debate since that wasnt the intent of my post and not the intent of this thread either, and as i have already mentioned these comments have derailed the thread so i am posting no more on the matter

however i am very interested to hear what any other people think may happen in 2012 and please do not be put off posting
(and i apologise for further derailing the thread OP)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join