It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: What do YOU think will happen?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by MegaMind

Apparently, you don't understand my position otherwise you would not have written this statement.

Apparently I don't.

what is your point?

Also Michio Kaku and others would disagree with you on what an 1859 event would be like today.

link

I'm not stating that an event such as this will occur only that it is possible.

Have you ever considered how much we know in relation to how much we don't know? Many scientist today, in my opinion, are as dogmatic as any religion ever was.

And yes you missed the point. The point was my opinion of the possibility that some natural disaster, or catastrophe was known to be coming by the PTB. This doesn't mean I know this for sure. This doesn't mean I believe this to be the case 100% and it certainly doesn't mean I have to defend the statement for page after page to some guy/gal named stereologist on ATS.

so have at it .... argue away .... some would think you made it your mission to keep discussions about these topics from happening. No one in here can post on the subject w/o stereologist yammering away endlessly trying to prove that we shouldn't even be here discussing this. If its all nonsense why are you here at all? I'm not a Christian but I don't go into forums about Christianity and bash every opinion uttered. Are you trying to prove how great and clever you are? Stereologist knows better than all us morons? What's your point? You disagree? So?

[edit on 26-8-2010 by MegaMind]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sticky

reply to post by 21122012

Stereo.... You aren't supposed to debate other peoples ideas and ask for evidence in this thread.

Name of thread: "2012 What do YOU think will happen?"

You gave your opinion. Thanks very much for it.

Do I need to quote myself again and again and again?

You seem like a smart guy, Mr. Stereo, but why must you debate peoples opinions?

Can you stick to the topic? Thanks!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Apparently, you don't understand my position otherwise you would not have written this statement.

Apparently I don't.

what is your point?

Also Michio Kaku and others would disagree with you on what an 1859 event would be like today.

link

I'm not stating that an event such as this will occur only that it is possible.

It can't be possible, because Stereo will be here to tell you how our model of the universe is nearly perfect and we know "soo much" about life, death, and QM.

We know so much that there's almost nothing left to discover on Earth. We're practically gods here.......

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
we are on the way toward the total collapse of the USD
and extreme 'Austerity Measures' like Greece is imposing today

all the elites are awarding themselves tons of money,
which will still be a gain even after the USD depreciates by 50%

they (elite, corporate oligarchs) will still have enough money to acquire real assets at perhaps .30 cents on the dollar...
and still have enough money resource to hire body guards & independent security to make sure their fifedoms are secure.
So, in the long run their lifestyles are secure for the next 2 generations or about 30 years.

You, me, the masses are destined to live in a resource scarce society, home grown foods are treated as contraband,
we will be taxed to death like the days of Nottingham & Robin Hood,
all trade or barter transactions must be reported on a 1099 Form or the whole family suffers reduced rations...
those found with survival foods & equipment will be held as terrorist conspirators,
it will be a fine line between the self imposed off-the-grid, sustainable lifestyle people and "rebels" as far as the homeland security enforcement forces are concerned,

Oh, at the 'education centers' their propaganda and related feel-good presentations will be in enhanced high-def TV mode...
all other entertainment will only be presented in 20th century form..(boring)
hey they want to excite your eyes & brain so you pay attention
and exciting your neurals gets the captive audience excited & willing to be mildly pleasured-->and coming back for more parceled out feel-good stuff

the illuminists are in charge for the next decade or more,
until another Sparticus, Buddah, Messiah, Mandella arises

[edit on 26-8-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It's fine if you want to have the opinion that an impossible event such as a pole shift or Nibiru happens. That's ok. That's your opinion. All I stated was that those are impossible.

Have you ever considered how much we know in relation to how much we don't know?

That's a rather pointless issue isn't it? Since what we don't know is by definition unknown. It reminds me of a question asked of a park ranger in the US Southwest, "How many undiscovered ruins are there in the park?"

And no I did not miss the point. You certainly can have the opinion that natural disaster is on the horizon. You can even have the opinion that impossible events are about to occur. You are entitled to as many fanciful and demonstrably false notions as you want.

some would think you made it your mission to keep discussions about these topics from happening.

Please tell me why you think pole shifts can happen.
Please tell us all when they have occurred in the past.
Please tell us all about how a planet can slip in here without being seen.
Please tell us all about why we can't protect ourselves from a large solar event.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

Not sure what you want. All I have to do is point out that certain issues are impossible such as a planet sneaking up on us and people howl with agony. All I have to do is tell people that pole shifts are pseudoscientific nonsense and people howl with agony. People say they base on their opinions on all of the ancients texts fortelling us of this and I ask where are these texts and people howl in agony.

It's unfortunate that opinions are based on nonsense and false claims.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

This is ridiculous, its a discussion not a court case. I'm not saying any of those things will occur.

It's not pointless considering how much we don't know - it's humbling; something you don't know anything about.

No I will not waste time "discussing" anything with you. This is all about feeding your ego and your mission to subvert ordinary discussion on topics concerning 2012.

He asked our opinion - I gave it - nuff said.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

Your straw man argument is obviously wrong and I think everyone can see through this inadequate attempt to discuss my position.

The issue is whether or not we can deal with the damage potential of a large solar event. The answer to that is yes. The illustrated event damaged one place on the entire Earth. That was bad, but not a world shattering event. The power produced in that project is sold to the US. It is not for local consumption or even domestic consumption. It is mainly an exported commodity.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It's not pointless considering how much we don't know - it's humbling; something you don't know anything about.

Again you are completely wrong. That's a bad run of guesswork on your part. I hope you do better in guessing what 2012 is all about.

As I suggested before and back on topic do you have anything to suggest that pole shifts or Nibiru have any chance of occurring. I noticed a complete lack of effort in defending or supporting these claims.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I AM NOT TRYING TO PROVE POLE SHIFTS OR PLANET COLLISIONS - WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT STATEMENT!

You are my first ignore - bye!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ah, thats better this thread is no longer cluttered with someone constantly trying to shout down people just giving our opinion of 2012, which after all is what the OP was about. So now I will clearly state my opinion again.

I think (my opinion), judging from the behavior and attitudes of the Power Elite that they are acting as if the world as we know it won't be here any longer. Maybe this is because they know of some natural phenomenon that will cause some catastrophe or maybe it is because they are planning on creating some event. At any rate I think that soon on or about 2012 something large and catastrophic will occur and that the Power Elite will use this event, or allow this event, to eliminate 80-90% of the population. They will hide while it happens and then emerge when it is over to inherit the Earth.

Who knows only time will tell. I'm not convinced 100% of this theory or idea it just seems to explain a lot of behavior I see in the PTB. If you don't like this theory/hypothesis/idea/thought/conspiracy - tuff nougies.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The worlds electrical grids will be a mess and war will break out during this time, because the playing field will be as even as it is ever going to get. And during this time there will be huge storms and even more bloodshed..Then eventually the war will end, with no real superpower emerging victorious, however the war will have awoken the people to see the error of their ways. Also, it will be globally announced the coming of a new Age and all technology will be made public. Also scientist around the world will work to colonize a planet yet unnamed before Earth becomes uninhabitable in 2060.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Another opinion emerges, thanks for sharing.

Now prepare for the onslaught demanding proof and a retraction of your statements
- heck what are you even thinking posting such blasphemous ideas.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I get ignored. Whoopee dooh.

What I wonder is why anyone would post a claim that their opinion is that a pole shift or a planet collision is a possibility when they are demonstrably false issues.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

There are some interesting thoughts there. I am curious about a few things I was wondering if you could enlighten me.
1. Why do you think that now the armed forces are more evenly matched?
2. What sorts of technology are you referring to that will be revealed?
3. Where is this new planet - our solar system or beyond?
4. Why will the Earth be uninhabitable in 50 years?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

1.Because electronic chaos will even out the playing field.
2.Dont know yet
3.Our System
4.Because Isaac Newton said he was %100 the Earth would end on 2060...I'm rockin' with Newton

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

thats about how i got it figured- SERF CITY HERE WE COME-

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Do you have a place I ca see where Newton makes such a claim?

Why do you think that there is a new planet in our solar system?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

To quote Newton from the 1704 where he made the 2060 prediction.

"This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, and by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail."

He didn't say that the world would end in 2060, he said that based on his interpretation of the Bible the world would not end before 2060. He gave no specific date for when he felt the world would actually end. In fact Newton would be completely against the 2012 phenomena or even people claiming the world will end in 2060. No one knows when the world will end despite what sensationalists say. Even during Newton's time the entire topic was simply a way for charlatans to make money.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I'm not sure if there were ever mass market versions of Newton's predictions published. They were made in a set of manuscripts from around 1704-05 that he never intended to be published. The originals are currently held by the Jewish National and University Library.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join