It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: What do YOU think will happen?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I think a lot of people have come the conclusion that SOMETHING has to happen on 12-21-2012, whether Earth comes to an end or not. There are so many different theories, we can even see things brewing up already...

Now here my question for you: What do YOU think will happen in 2012? Forget what the media says or what scientists think, I want YOUR opinion. DO NOT say nothing will happen, I'm not looking for that. So if you're one of those annoying people who go around saying "No, no, no," then GO AWAY, we don't need you here!

The purpose of this thread is to get an overview of what people (believers) really think will happen in 2012. I'm just curios to see what people think; to see what theories come out over the rest.

This thread is supposed to be sweet and simple. Alls you have to do is write a comment, no quoting or off topic conversations. And no haters, please.

Thanks!

[edit on 6-7-2010 by nicolee123nd]

[edit on 6-7-2010 by nicolee123nd]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
nothing special will happen on that particular date....however i believe (BELIEVE emphasized) that it is already apparent that world events are in the process of ramping up to some very pivotal events in human history.....and since my particular world view is built on bible prophecy i believe that according to Revelation and other prophetic texts that very soon our planet will be in such a sorry state as will necessitate a 'savior' of some kind.....terrestrial or extra-terrestrial i do not know...but in the end it doesnt matter. This person will be presented as the person who can 'solve' the worlds major problem at the time...and it will require that everyone unite under a system (the so called, mark of the beast) and that dissenters must be killed or converted or suffer serious penalty. Whether you agree with this world view or not, it appears that influences are already shaping up to make something like this happen. IN all human history this is only one trend that is evident in the way world powers (countries, governments) operate...and that is simply consolidation of power and control.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't know what will happen specifically in 2012, but they say so many things are overdue, such as polar tilting, earth crust slipping, yellowstone volcano, there's supposed to be major sun activity, war is always there, climate change/ice age .....might not be that year, could be this year, or 2015......

As far as the specific date of dec 21, 2012, if we are still here
I am going to stay away from large crowds, just because there are enough people that believe something will happen, I don't want to be around any crazies... :shk:

If I am sitting at home, on the internet watching tv, and everything shuts off, and the phone doesn't work

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My theory, based off of the many theories I have seen, is that after 2012, time won't matter to us anymore.It could be from some kind of global transcendence of the entire race, or any number of things.
Keep in mind, I change my ideas often and in three days I could be of an entirely different opinion... but that's my thought of the moment.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicolee123nd

Now here my question for you: What do YOU think will happen in 2012? Forget what the media says or what scientists think, I want YOUR opinion. DO NOT say nothing will happen, I'm not looking for that. So if you're one of those annoying people who go around saying "No, no, no," then GO AWAY, we don't need you here!

The purpose of this thread is to get an overview of what people (believers) really think will happen in 2012. I'm just curios to see what people think; to see what theories come out over the rest.

I know you don't want naysayers here, but I have long felt that the 2012 phenomenon is massively overblown. It seems to be a most post-modern manifestation of millenarianism.
It's quite fun reading about all the different theories though. The wilder the better.

The one that has a more positive aspect to it by far is the notion that 2012 is turning point for the world, not the end of it, where something of such dramatic proportions will occur that the old world will end and a new one will begin. Much wishful millenarian fantasies to my mind but there ya go...

The following Ph.D thesis is an interesting view from a sceptic:

‘The 2012 Phenomenon’: A historical and typological approach to a modern apocalyptic mythology - M.A. Thesis by Sacha Defesche

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think fruit smoothies will cost $17 for a small.

There will be some unrest. In this country, I see riots from elections. Flames. Lots of fires. unrest at the presidential inauguration 2013.

The oil is still flowing in the gulf. Half the marine life there is dead. People are getting sick all across the southeast from chemicals emitted by the spill. Scientists think the oil may stop the gulf stream by 2015 if not stopped.

China has it's forces massed at the border of Iran. Iran has been shelled repeatedly and lost half it's forces trying to attack America in Iraq after bombing of their nuclear sites.

Food will cost double what it costs right now (on average). Unemployment - 13%

A large 3 nation war in Central Africa.

A strange flu appears that causes burns on the skin. It doesn't kill many, but totally freaks people out.

An autonomous military computer begins exhibiting signs of self thought. This is hidden from the public but rumors begin to float on sites such as ATS.

A large explosion rocks Los Angeles, killing 1500 people. The perpetrator is unclear and blame is placed on al qaeda, North Korea and Michael Jackson.

Pakistan is on the verge of collapse. US forces from afghanastan move in to secure the nuclear arsenal.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Obviously nothing is going to happen except more of normal life on this planet of ours.

The day after is a different story. People will be busy claiming new dates for their completely failed claims.

But that's just normal life.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I will go sailling, and fall off the end of the map.
BP to keep polluting the ocean till it dies and turns red. Sun flares and all electrical will go out and havoc will begin, due to starvation and no water. We will already be in a war with IRAN. Markets fail, collapse. MARTIAL LAW on the streets. Fires will be hard to put out. DEATH, STARVATION AND A DISEASE WILL AFFLICT US ALL.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

You're a happy camper, aren't you?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Extant Taxon

I only replied to the post.
If a reaction is nessessary for you, i cannot help you.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Not much will happen I think on the specific date..
They claimed the same, back in the millenium of 2000, that the world would end, or something would happen.
However, perhaps I shall be proved wrong, let us find out 2012..

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
i dont believe something will happen on that date exactly but i do believe in the next 20 years something will bring humanity to the brink of extinction.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
My feeling is that we are approaching the end of one cycle and the beginning of another. Everything in the universe is cyclical.

What will happen for sure I do not know.

However its smart to be prepared, and I mean prepared in general for anything like a quake, or power being off for a long time, natural or man made disaster.
So food and water supplies, a veg garden, being away from large city, away from a coast, elevation at least 50-100m above sea level, and knowing your neighbors.

I have read everything from alien invasion, false flag, to mayan and hopi prophecy. Now it does not hurt to be prepared.

Personally I am going with solar activity having a big impact on our planet.

I think, spiritually, this is a cross roads for humanity, and many will choose to "leave" or die.
I believe this is a consciousness and dimensional shift. Not specifically Dec 2012 but something that has started, is in progress and might culminate anytime 2011-2015 maybe later.

And if NOTHING happens, at least I am prepared and continue as I was...but my feeling is something will change and it will be big for humanity, in my lifetime.

my 2c...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
In 2012 I will have my next 5 year colonoscopy. The results will be, I am just fine, still. And 5 years later, I will be scheduled for the next one. And I will get that one, too.

All will be fine.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Just my opinion. I think that we are in a cycle that's already begun. I think we are at a tipping point in our evolution as a species. I think our consciousness is starting to expand towards a "oneness" consciousness.

I think that there will come a day where the duality in which we live in will fail. The barriers, the races, the labels, the secrets, will fade away.

But December 21st 2012 ? That specific date? I don't think so. Of course, terrible planetary events will occur in the near future. It's unavoidable. One can't play with fire for a long period of time with burning himself eventually.

I have read so many threads on here and other forums that mention that we are careless of others and nature, barbarians, warmongers, racists, religious fighters, just to name a few, and you know what? In general, it's true. But it's changing. One individual at a time. So I think there is a new world coming. No, not the NWO.

Something might happen in 2012, maybe before, maybe after. Most people won't go to the doctor unless they experience a BIG scare. Perhaps, it's what we all need, as a society, as a race, to understand collectively. All I know within my mind, within my heart, is that tomorrow's world will be beautiful. And honestly, it'll be about time !

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think something really really big is going to happen. You know like Yellowstone erupting, the oceans boiling, a magnetic polar shift or all of the above.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MeganMcclees

What would make the ocean's boil? Why isn't Yellowstone showing signs of an imminent large scale eruption? How long do you think a magnetic reversal takes?

Do you have any evidence for these claims?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Too much of internet (information overload) already...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
To Stereologist the answer the release of methane, who says it is going to and 15 months (obviously)

[edit on 7-7-2010 by MeganMcclees]

[edit on 7-7-2010 by MeganMcclees]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I dunno I'm in favor of a rise in consciousness so I'm going with that

I know the end has been predicted many times before and nothing happened but we also know we're due

26,000 years seems to be all over the place and I saw a Discovery Channel show about how every 26,000 years the Sahara Desert shifts from desert to all green and fertile The Procession of the equinox comes full circle every 26,000

it's always the same number and that number is upon us

so I hope that a new program from the center of the Galaxy comes and we all live happily ever after

because we deserve it and so do all the beautiful lives of all the innocent creatures that share this planet with us

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join