It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Truth: Toxic Rain Reality Check Testing

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You need to see all the reports I have been posting just in the past two days concerning oil in the gulf........Looking forward to seeing your video...........

testtherain.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
My opinion has changed. Just got back from the Beach at Bald Point/Alligator Point and it was nasty!

Your opinion on the toxicity of Corexit has changed because you now see crude?

can you elaborate? Werent you saying in another thread recently that the corexit is benign and helpful?

how has your most recent experience changed that opinion?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My First Hand account from the Gulf today, with Video

I apologize to all of those that I have debated about the safety of swimming in the Gulf. After today, I well no longer be eating Gulf Seafood, or swimming in the Gulf for at least 1 year. The family just spent the past hour in the shower recovering from our adventure today.

Please check it out and ask me any questions you may have.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

My opinion has changed. Just got back from the Beach at Bald Point/Alligator Point and it was nasty!

Your opinion on the toxicity of Corexit has changed because you now see crude?

can you elaborate? Werent you saying in another thread recently that the corexit is benign and helpful?

how has your most recent experience changed that opinion?

Today, I had a first hand experience of how sneaky and evil the dispersed oil is. I still don't think Corexit is toxic, but I now know for certain that it has effectively dispersed the oil so finely as to almost not be noticed. Instead of washing up on beaches it is embedding into the sand and water. We waded in the water for some time before we were fully aware of the amount of oil in the water. And this is in an area supposedly not affected by the oil yet.

I now know the dispersed oil is more than likely entirely dispersed into the entire Gulf.

A tourist or inexperienced beach goer would probably not have noticed.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well, what were you under the impression a dispersant did to the crude if not 'disperse' it?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Well, what were you under the impression a dispersant did to the crude if not 'disperse' it?

In the beginning, I was strongly against "dispersing" the oil for this very reason. After thoroughly researching Corexit, and seeing that it took several months for the oil to hit any beaches or marshes, I was won over to the idea that the dispersant was actually emulsifying the oil and sinking it to the bottom. If that were true, it would not spread as far or as quickly, and that would be a good thing. Maybe I was a victim of marketing, or maybe I became a little too optimistic because I didn't want to surrender my beaches. Whatever the case, my opinion of the toxicity hasn't changed, but my opinion about whether it was a good idea or not has certainly changed, and my recommendation about swimming and eating from the Gulf has certainly changed.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

have you seen or heard about the "blue flu" ? i checked my email,for i receive test the rain emails, and was wondering if you know anything?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Interesting. What gave you the impression a dispersant emulsified the crude and dropped it all to the bottom? Was there an article or a theory about this?

Also, if you arent concerned about the oil being on the bottom of the ocean, and you still arent concerned about toxicity, then why are you concerned about it on the beaches?

If its in the water, on the sea floor, or on the beaches, it is still equally problematic for the seafood you consume. In fact, it would probably be worse if it was on the sea floor (or dispersed in teh water column, as i and most others seem to believe) than on the beaches, as discussed in this thread...

Watch this:The Oil spill's toxic trade off.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this one

Is it better on the Beach?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

have you seen or heard about the "blue flu" ? i checked my email,for i receive test the rain emails, and was wondering if you know anything?

I have read the other thread, but I haven't heard anything about this locally. I have friends working on clean up crews, and they haven't mentioned anything about it.

I will be keeping my eyes out though.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Yes, I did read in several places that the dispersant was supposed to sink the oil to the bottom. I don't have the links, I am working from my notebook computer.

The reason I thought the bottom would be better? The bottom is still bad, but the marshes were the worst case scenario in my opinion. Too many fragile ecosystems, breeding grounds, young wildlife, etc.

The beaches were the worst case scenario for the local population and economy. We live off tourism here. Even the state government lives off sales tax dollars from tourism. We have no state income tax. Kill the beaches, kill the economy. That simple. Taxes tank. Real estate tanks. Support industries tank. People are forced to move. Etc., etc.

Bottom was the lesser of all the possible evils, and bottom supposedly would have slowed down the spreading of the oil.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
NEW THREAD....NEW VIDEOS

We went back to Bald Point, but my Droid is giving me a hard time uploading those videos. A couple are in the new thread.

We also went about 5 miles down the beach to St. Teresa. THere is some shocking video from the test holes we dug there.

We took a water sample from each location, and we found several small tar balls and collected them as well.

We also got some rumors from the locals about Corexit spraying nightly along the Coast line. Unfortunately we did not get any firsthand witnesses to that, only rumors, but they were pretty well-accepted rumors among the residents of St. Teresa.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

NEW THREAD....NEW VIDEOS

We also got some rumors from the locals about Corexit spraying nightly along the Coast line. Unfortunately we did not get any firsthand witnesses to that, only rumors, but they were pretty well-accepted rumors among the residents of St. Teresa.

There are a group of people in the south pacific that all share collective rumors of gods descending upon them in the 1940's. The thing is these rumors do not mean that the U.S. Army in the 1940's was composed of divine beings. Well accepted rumors are not facts.

In a related note: Where are the results of the rain testing?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28

In a related note: Where are the results of the rain testing?

That's a good question, Dilligaf! Seems they never got around to doing what they proposed on this thread and it disintegrated into rumors and speculations.

I live about 20 miles from the edge of the gulf water. My dog still drinks the rainwater; the birds still come and bathe in the birdbath after the rain. My plants come to life and appear more vibrant after the rain. Nothing appears to be damaged or dead from the rainwater. I think all these fear mongering rumors should be laid to rest.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I got a U2U from Cloudsinthesky and some results are starting to come in. Apparently they have found a few marker chemicals so far, but nothing definitive. The samples that I provided have not been tested yet, but supposedly they were in process and should have results in the next week or so.

I will send a message to the OP and see if he plans to post on this thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I am rather curious about what happened. They claim to have started new threads to further their research but a check of these has revealed nothing new. The testtherain.com website doesn't have any test results just videos about all sorts of gulf issues except for the rain testing.

Curious isn't it? One does have to ponder what happened. We know they were doing the testing from the threads where they state as much. The question becomes why haven't we seen the results.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Find out about the Missouri rain samples! They said they would have an article up over the weekend but have yet to post anything and I am very curious.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Everyone's curious!
I'm sure it will be posted when it's ready!
This isn't worth rushing especially to satisfy personal curiosity!
It's FAR MORE important and FAR TOO important to ENSURE what's posted is correct the first time. It's only Tuesday, give these guys a break! They're dealing with terminology, technicalities, legalities, protocols, as well as working and having families plus the results have JUST STARTED to come back! I know Pax said she'd have something over the weekend, but it takes time to do things proper and is better to spend an extra few days, even another week or two IF it makes the difference between jumping the gun and being on solid ground. Good research CAN'T be rushed and they deserve a little patience (and support instead of gripes).

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wishes

Wishes in three different threads about this issue you have posted the same post; which i feel is an indirect response to me. I was not addressing you in my posts I was addressing the OP. I feel compelled to remind you that you are not the OP. I also feel compelled to remind you that what you have done is, I believe, considered SPAMMING under the TOS.

I will ask the mods to please check on that for me. The threads are as listed below.

Test The Rain Project

and
Think You Know Everything About The Gulf Oil Spill? Think Again....

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Check out the threads I linked to in my above post. They are the newest up to date threads according to the OP

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

That's really choice - YOU had put the exact same message being impatient in two threads to which I did hit reply to and a similar one in the third which I did not hit reply to you (as a couple others were also doing)!!!!

Yes I pasted the same answer in the three threads where people had expressed the same thing - impatience for these results and I was simply trying to ask for PATIENCE on behalf of Pax and Clouds and to RESPECT their timing.

And you feel obliged to "alert" the mods I'm spamming?!?!? when I was replying distinctly to the same issues being raised in three threads of very similar content which all happened to have the same/similar last post by you ??? - thanks - feel like its high school, not even, more like kindergarten all over again.

Is a total, absolute waste of time and energy considering the gravity of this topic. Was not about you and don't know why you think you're better when you did the same - was just trying to help - don't worry, I won't bother trying to help out again.

ps - Hopefully you will learn from this and not digress further.
edit on 9-11-2010 by wishes because: to add ps

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join