It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Truth: Toxic Rain Reality Check Testing

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I see testing is suspended. Will you be testing those in the future?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Yes, we will. I am in the process of setting additional testing up now. Thank you for your response. Glad that I was able to help clarify the correlation between the rain samples and a product of petroleum. I aprecciate your open mindedness on this matter.

I will post and let everyone know as soon as testing has resumed.

Thanks kindly,
Pax

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Pax the chemical you speak of is indeed used in the oil industry. Dehydration of natural gas is done within the systems of a natural gas/oil rig in order to prevent hydrates from forming and interfering with the operation of the pipe.

All gasses have the capacity to hold water in a vapor state. This water vapor must be removed from the gas stream in order to prevent the formation of solid ice-like crystals called hydrates. Hydrates can block pipelines, valves and other process equipment. The dehydration of natural gas must begin at the source of the gas in order to protect the transmission system.

The source of the gas moved through the transmission lines may be producing wells or developed storage pools. Pipeline drips installed near well heads and at strategic locations along gathering and trunk lines will eliminate most of the free water lifted from the wells in the gas stream. Multi stage separators can also be deployed to insure the reduction of free water that may be present.

source

I would assume given the sheer numbers of natural gas rigs within the Gulf of Mexico that it is logical to assume this chemical could have leached from their operations over the decades of drilling. I do indeed find it very interesting that this chemical was found in rain water but I do not believe you can concretely say that the presence of this chemical proves it was used as part of a cover up or clean up of the GOM spill without acknowledging its widespread and long term history of use in the Gulf of Mexico as a possible source of the contamination; and given the nature of the use of TEG why would it have been applied to the oil spill at all?

I am also still waiting for an answer to my question where I asked if the project has any rain samples from before the spill which show the presence of the metabolites. I would like to amend that question to ask that should you have those rain samples do they show a lack of TEG? I am also curious to hear a response to my question in which I asked if any other rain systems have been tested for the metabolites (and now TEG).

edit on 20-3-2011 by Dilligaf28 because: supply source of quote

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Yes, we will. I am in the process of setting additional testing up now. Thank you for your response. Glad that I was able to help clarify the correlation between the rain samples and a product of petroleum. I aprecciate your open mindedness on this matter. I will post and let everyone know as soon as testing has resumed.

oh really, let everyone know, after all this time ? there one thing for sure, it worse than it should be, and none of your lame tests will be able to show any of that pax. whatever money you spend on this. look at people like kindra anderson or, her. looks like a lot of people are sick. she like you talk about stuff. "people with dark spots on arms" yet dont have a single picture, no footage. for us in europe we dont believe a damn thing you talk about! be it japan or usa. the amount of time it took you to do these tests, pro tests from pro labs and pro professors, pro this and that, imean come on, wehat happened to intuition ? if people are sick, it would show. which is does.

some people are affected by things. like was born in a 1 mil city. i inheticfrom the countrysidide, my skin was always bad, it got worse decade after decade but my brother was ok. theres no simple explanation. you stupid experiment wont prove nuttin of use, and it will take way too long anyway. it took ages so far. your blab about money and support and independant science is useless, it looks good, and like most other scams its a fake.

this is equal to 'silent thunders' 'yes man' thread, who axctually left his own thread. pathetic. what are you going to do, talk about test into the neverending ? give links to difficult and complicated stats on some other site ? today every damn cellphone has a at least 480p camera, it doesnt take much to tape sick people, a polluted beach, dying animals, whatever. if its there! why is it that peole who studied for 15-20 year dont get it ?

you fail to actually get THRU with your message, pretending and advocating the real science is biased, hiden, and working against you. Wouldn't there be a group above you, doing just the same, and not posting # like this on ats ? sure there is! while you ar stuck wit hat whatever you do or did, and asking money. at best you are putting money into labs. at the same time you are doing great, nothing like Kindra. In fact since you made this thread you couldn't be doing better. you are full of # and one smart asshole.

you canot prove anything otherwise. all that is going to happen is that my post is going to be banned. by mouth people wil know about the bigger agenda - whatever it is, its not needed for the people.

if you even have the courtesy to ask 'who is the people' - that is where you place yourself in the puzzle!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by chapzeroevolve

I will respond for Pax and all those who took the time to participate in this project............as well as for those who are documenting this Gulf issue.........which can be found through a little Google search.......

I can’t even begin to touch your post due to all of your misdirected comments...........Those who are documenting and researching the Gulf spill are doing so to raise awareness to the "potential" long term effects of this disaster.........Not all will listen or have the capability to understand its magnitude. Unfortunately I feel you may fall into that category.............

Thanks for your comments.......

Best Wishes from the Test The Rain Project Team,

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

The post you responded to was indeed a disorganized chaotic rambling; that being said my posts are not. I have laid out well presented and genuinely valid questions but you have ignored me. I'm not sure why you would respond to him and not to me.

I am rather curious about an answer to my questions.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

If you are asking did other rain samples we tested before show ecgonine methyl ester, the answer is I have no idea. This is the first time we ever tested rain samples.

Next, whether TEG came from the BP spill or another is irrelevant, what is it doing in the rain hundreds of miles from the gulf??? Our point was to conduct a study to show whether any chemicals were showing up in the rain period.

We did just that.

I hope that answers your questions for now any way.

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by Dilligaf28

If you are asking did other rain samples we tested before show ecgonine methyl ester, the answer is I have no idea. This is the first time we ever tested rain samples.

If you do not have controls from before the spill the samples tested have no standard to be measured against. That means the chemicals you speak of are equally likely to have been present in the rain before the GOM spill as they are to be a new component of the rain since the spill.

Next, whether TEG came from the BP spill or another is irrelevant, what is it doing in the rain hundreds of miles from the gulf??? Our point was to conduct a study to show whether any chemicals were showing up in the rain period.

I have posted on several threads that I was attempting to set up a project in order to perform rain analysis of potential chemical compounds due to the gulf spill. The biggest problem I have faced thus far is finding a lab that has parameters in place to test for oil compounds and other chemical agents such as Corexit.

This quote is from the first page of this thread. The stated purpose of the testing is to find "potential chemical compounds due to the gulf spill" of which the TEG has no practical or foreseeable role in.

We did just that.

No you did not do "just that." The TEG has no potential relevancy to the spill; especially given the large amounts of TEG used for dehydration of natural gas across the GOM. The metabolites, while interesting, warrant a further examination before their true source and purpose can be postulated.

I hope that answers your questions for now any way.

Thanks,
Pax

Perhaps clouds would like to weigh in as well? I am also still rather curious about the mysterious deletion of your donations button on the testtherain.com site.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
With all the rain we have been having, reminded me of this thread. I just checked out the website and an announcement says test has been suspended.
Just wondering what is up with this project.
Also another thread called for participation in monitoring the effects of the Japanese crisis.
I dont think many on ATS have the long term attention span to see that through either.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join