It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Truth: Toxic Rain Reality Check Testing

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

"If Columbia is able to test for DSS or DOSS, the chemical compound that proves Corexit 9500 is being used, then they have inside information that the rest of us don't have. There is no way to determine if Corexit 9500 is used unless you have a list of ALL the ingredients in Corexit. The Gov. which regulates the EPA has left off several of the chemicals that make up Corexit." I know this because all we have is the MSDS to go by. This leaves most research scientists in the dark."

It seems you have uncovered some inside information? DOSS is not one of the chemicals listed on the MSDS, but you have had a lab state that it is the telltale chemical that would identify Corexit.

If you have made no other progress, that particular piece is HUGE!!

I apologize for not being more connected here at FSU, but I promise to visit these guys labs the first week of fall classes, which is the 2nd or 3rd week of August.

Maybe your inside information will spark their interest a little more. As I stated earlier, I can't believe there isn't some interest from a Grad Student in pursuing this angle. This information, and this network of water collection is easily publishable material, and could make somebody's PhD and somebody's career!?!?!?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
BP Buying off Gulf Coast Scientists

This new thread seemed very pertinent!!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
More info on this topic :
Gulf Oil Analysis Update

Overall, the water sample contained a surprisingly high concentration of propylene glycol between 349 and 417 ppm (v/v) indicating the presence of an even higher level of Corexit (of which propylene glycol is only a part). These results are consistent with the evaporation of volatile components from oil to leave tarballs and an especially high concentration of the dispersant on the surface of the water. Toxicity tests have shown that a concentration of 25 ppm of Corexit 9500 in oil-free water can kill most fish and only 2.6 ppm of Corexit has the same effect in the presence of dispersed oil (which is the case with the analyzed sample). The considerably higher Corexit surface water concentrations implied by the propylene glycol concentrations in the analysis suggest that humans may receive a harmful exposure to these chemicals and dispersed oil by swimming in the water or inhaling the sea spray. Overall, this water analysis suggests high Corexit concentrations in surface water near New Orleans and suggests a public health hazard that should be taken seriously along the entire Gulf Coast.

DAY 70 AT GRAND ISLE (samples collection/discussion):

DAY 80: Discussion with Dr. Ricki Ott (PhD/MS., Marine Toxicology) re. toxins in air, water & beaches.

News 5 Investigates: Testing The Water

News Five collected samples of water and sand from Orange Beach, Gulf Shores, Katrina Key and Dauphin Island. To our eyes, the samples appeared normal, until we took them to a local lab to be tested.

Water and sand along Alabama's coast should contain no more than five parts per million of oil or petroleum, according to Bob Naman, an analytical chemist. But, the samples we collected tested much higher.

From 16 ppm to 221 ppm, our results are concerning. Even more disturbing is what happened to a sample collected from the Dauphin Island Marina near oil containment boom.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
make sure you get water samples tested, also buy air purifers and keep the replacment filters the old ones get them tested. if you get dirty results sue the crap out of BP! Make it so they don't make a dime off the oil well
every street community should start a wildlife fund and make BP pay for all of them

[edit on 17-7-2010 by mr20121221]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thanks Vitchilo for posting that news station video.........Everything is fine the beaches are safe....move along!!! yea right!!!

Its really hard to believe they reopened 85% of the gulf back to sport fishing.......

Not sure if you heard what NOAA said in the Dispersant Hearing on July 15th.........."They are not testing for dispersants in our seafood"

Lisa Jackson also stated during testimony that she (EPA), FDA and the State of Louisiana were giving the formulation of the corexit dispersant...........but they are not testing the seafood for dispersant..........Honestly nothing makes since with this whole damn gulf event............

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for everyone’s patients with our project……….

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

I am confused. With all the polution already inthe air from the Us and countries around the world, all the chemicals sprayed on plants and our foods that go into the ground and runoff into water how is a person to know for sure that the water sample are now different than they would have been prior to the spill? There's pollution everwhere. there's oil spilled off of Nigeria.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Clouds...
Thank you for doing this! It's awesome that we have ordinary citizens willing to step up. If it ever rains in Phoenix again, I'll get a sample to you.

General

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If the test is $500, I will spring for a large portion of it. Money well-spent. PM me and we can set something up

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well just read through all of the OPs posts, wheuu! What a galant team effort this is going to be!

Hope everyone takes safe samples, I mean wear your raincoasts and coverup before going out to collect.

This is serious stuff and it is the long term effects we know nothing about.

Also you can sterilize a metal funnell and set it on top of your sterile container...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Tell me....
Has anyone tried sending Riki Ott's messaage to the mainstream media?

I would think this is news??
I am trying to send to Canada media now. Usually they are very receptive. Let you know what I get back

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I have had a reply from the CBC news in Canada. They are going to investigate further and have a reporter contact Riki Ott!!

I also have sent this to Dr David Suzuki. He has had a program in Canada for 20 + years called the Nature of Things.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Here's a link to Dr David Suzuki

Here in Canada we do not allow our governments to messwith our environement. We may only have 30+ million people but at least when we discover the PTB lying to us we can throw their sorry arses out.

Lets hope Suzuki gets on the case. I have sent him all relevant information from this thread to him.
I alos told him about how concerned we are hereon the Eastcoast of Canada about what effects this will have on us if any.

The Gulf Stream comes right past us here

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Sorry

Link : www.cbc.ca...

Im on it

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by unruly1

If you hear that they will be airing something about their investigation, would you please post it?

Thank you.

And while i don't want to seem out of place as this isn't my thread, i do want to say "thanks" as a fellow inhabitant of North America that you've gone so far out of your way to get some investigations going on this mess. You have my sincere appreciation for your efforts.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by unruly1
Here's a link to Dr David Suzuki

Here in Canada we do not allow our governments to messwith our environement. We may only have 30+ million people but at least when we discover the PTB lying to us we can throw their sorry arses out.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

sorry, but that's just hilariously inaccurate.

Alberta Oil Sands.

BC's many, many hyrdo elcetric dams that flood viable farmland so people can use their microwave at 3am.

Oil and natural gas spills...

the list goes on and on.

do some research on your country

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I agree, justadood. Canada has little to brag about when it comes to water and the environment. Our energy minister recently stated that the Gulf "spill" would not stop Canada from deepwater drilling. There is one in progress off Newfoundlanf which is more than 1000meters. 3900ft., deeper than Deepwater horizon. In cold, rough water where skimmers would be useless. Canada is also going to allow drilling in the Arctic sea but, according to the minister, we will only deal with companies with a good safety record. She did not indicate who that might be.
On the topic of this thread; rain. Here in western Quebec I have been watching the rains for nearly a month. I have no way to check chemical content but pH is much better lately at +-6. Plants and trees show leaf damage but some seem to be growing past earlier symptoms. Yet a lot of foliage appears to have a shade of yellow as if not really healthy. Heavily fertilized crops like soy and corn look like they will come through OK.
Not very scientific. Just observations.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Ahha????

I am more then aware of the problems we have going on in Canada. David Suzuki has investigated and done shows on all of these. One of the reasons for the Tar sands (not being racial at all) is the greed of the native tribes up there. They we're shown the $ and allowed all this.

Now saying that,in the near future I do not see the Tar sands destroying the worlds oceans like what will eventually happen with this gulf spill and for that fact the Nigeria continuos spills.

Not looking to point any fingers here at all or say US is worse then Canada. The Gulf, Tar Sands, and a handful of other oil projects around the world are major environmental disasters and I am simply trying to do all I can

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Clouds and crew,
Is the rain water testing still on? If so, the Gulf Coast residents and those inland in Bonnie's path should be taking samples for this storm even if it is not that strong.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I am from OH, and aware that I most likely won't be seeing rain from Bonnie. However, my parents are in NH and I may be able to get them to take some samples with a little begging. Do you need any samples from either of these areas?

And seeing Bonnie all over here keeps throwing me off, it's my name too and I'm all like "I won't cause any problems, I promise!"

Edited for spelling

[edit on 24-7-2010 by asianeko]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
So
Whats new with this testing? Seemed to be going strong then???
BP buy you off

Any relevant info please send to me and I will get it too investigators here in Canada

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join