It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

So yeah, the "absence of belief in a God" equals the "disbelief in a God". There is NO proof for God's existence (else it would be all over the MSM btw) so the absence of belief is the only rational and logical thing to do. Anything else is pure, blind belief...which is exactly what religion is.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

go back and see my testimony on page 26-which I suppose means I heard at least 2000 year audible voice and years struggled with what in the world happened I must have done ??? until(and of course the heavenly being supports I was only @13ish)-

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.-2Cor5.14

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Atheism is not a religion. So stop while you're ahead. Please don't use any book of size, color or form to try to scare people to convert to whatever religious belief you follow.

Actually Atheism is a religion. Especially now since you have evangelical athiest such as Richard Dawkins claims to be.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Loken68]

What am I? Flypaper for freaks!? The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're a genius.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Richard Dawkins: Evangelical atheist

Atheism’s most celebrated evangelist continues a glittering career in which he miraculously manages to do as much for belief in God as for disbelief. Following Richard Dawkins’ support for the bendy-bus “Enjoy your life” campaign, this year saw some of the money he helped to raise for that exercise go to follow‑up posters aimed at preventing the religious indoctrination of children. Meanwhile, the good professor endorsed atheist summer camps for children. So we indoctrinate religion, but teach atheism.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Atheism, Atheism, God, God.

Who cares!?!

We only get one chance at this mortal coil, so i'm gonna live it how I like. I always believe that this is why we have free will. Your god (christian, muslim and jew god) demands our belief, yet gave us free will

I believe in a god/s and an after life.

I just think the god of the desert is an out-dated model.

Come on people lets move on, for gods sake!

[edit on 9-7-2010 by ALOSTSOUL]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Dawkins wants people to THINK FOR THEMSELVES and look at FACTS rationally...which is at the very core of atheism. That's not indoctrination

Religions continually disregards facts...and often indoctrinates people, including children.

And before the OP says this is off topic, NO, it's NOT. The credibility of the religion very much relates to your initial post.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What I find funny about this thread; is that it's in the origins and creationism folder. Totally wrong folder for this thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

And before the OP says this is off topic, NO, it's NOT. The credibility of the religion very much relates to your initial post.
reply to post by MrXYZ

Easy with the assumptions guy. Gosh damn off topic wasn't even being considered. I'm hoping everyone can just settle down ok? ease up partner. I promise this won't hurt at all.

Rebel

What I find funny about this thread; is that it's in the origins and creationism folder. Totally wrong folder for this thread

Well that's significant.
Thanks for another off topic pile.
Any reason all your posts consist of one or two lines at the most?
Short attention span ? I don't know.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off. I can see your point, but I still think you're full of poop.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Are you people just not into self preservation or what?
I can certainly imagine myself, after death, resting
peacefully in my grave, with nothing to ever come and
bother me. Even after a lifetime of belief in God.

The thing I can't imagine and am glad I will never have to...
Would be if I was suddenly awakened from that eternal sleep,
by the deafing sound of trumpets blaring loud enough to wake the dead.
Then as an Angel is rushing by my comfortable grave, he pauses and points
the way to Judgement day.
This after a long life denying God because I was duped by a fad. Atheism.
The fool says," there is no God" then comes death. then judgement.

The thing I find so ironic about Atheism, is that it is also is a part of prophecy.
You literally are predicted as a great falling away.
If it weren't for Atheism the Bible might be in error.
God fortold of the day when arrogant men would scough at
God fearing people.
So what all can you tell me?
Maybe death dosn't exist either?

One thing that can't be argued, we are all intelligent enough that we should have
it sorted out by the time we do sleep. So start off with the truth that everyone knows ( There is only one truth) and check yourself, before you wreck yourself.
Your life is literally in your hands.

I really do *hate* this mindset

I'm sorry, it's not you it's just your opinion

I am what you would call atheist, but I am what I would call essentially spiritualist, now hear this, I DO believe in the bible, as a *metaphor*, and in that sense ALL the holy books are *metaphorically* correct.

WHY the hell is there this huge believer vs atheist mindset on ATS of all places? This is where we DENY IGNORANCE!

NO science DOES fit with the bible, it is just metaphorical, but do you think the man of 0BC would understand physics and maybe this is the reason for the bastardisation of it's presentation in the form of the Bible?

The science of today isn't quite right, as we will find out on the future, the religion of yesterday isn't right either though (The account of genesis in the bible is remarkably in the correct order of the big bang, suggesting the same thinking went into both Christianity and science!) Science and religion are two different approaches to the same thing. They are essentially the same thing in this respect.

There is a god, of course there is a god, is he God, the big bloke with a white beard? Of course not! God is eternity (the sum of all time), the sum of all mass, and of all conciousness, and it DOES say this in the bible, as it does in the most religious books of varying religions, and if you only bother to look beyond the metaphor presented, maybe we wont be fighting stupid wars about who is right, we are ALL fricking right, just in our own words, ALL of it metaphorically (THAT is the key word here) agreeing with science!!! This is SO obvious why don't people see this?

Edit to save needless argument:
God is eternity (the sum of all time), the sum of all mass, and of all conciousness... or aka the universe itself!

[edit on 9-7-2010 by rufusthestuntbum]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

reply to post by evil incarnate

No condescending double speak with a sarcasmic filled center and you can have the floor. Ready set go!

That is odd seeing as how I tried that once already and was just ignored completely. Sounds like either you missed my post or you have judged me or my intent somehow and we all know that Christians have been told they have no right to lay judgement. I was nothing but upfront with you and I take offense that you would dare claim otherwise simply because you would rather fight in the mud with anyone willing to take you instead of discuss the things said in your OP.

Let me try again.

Are you people just not into self preservation or what?
I can certainly imagine myself, after death, resting
peacefully in my grave, with nothing to ever come and
bother me. Even after a lifetime of belief in God.

The thing I can't imagine and am glad I will never have to...
Would be if I was suddenly awakened from that eternal sleep,
by the deafing sound of trumpets blaring loud enough to wake the dead.
Then as an Angel is rushing by my comfortable grave, he pauses and points
the way to Judgement day.
This after a long life denying God because I was duped by a fad. Atheism.
The fool says," there is no God" then comes death. then judgement.

Atheism is older that Christianity and still doing just fine. How do you define "fad?"

The thing I find so ironic about Atheism, is that it is also is a part of prophecy.
You literally are predicted as a great falling away.

That is not ironic, that is just goofy. Prophecy of something already observed in past and present is an oxymoron really. What is ironic is the belief that observations of things past and present are prophecy because ther are proven true in the past.

If it weren't for Atheism the Bible might be in error.

The bible is rife with error, do you need an example?

God fortold of the day when arrogant men would scough at
God fearing people.
So what all can you tell me?
Maybe death dosn't exist either?

Have you not witnessed death? If not, it is pretty simple. U2U me and I will help you find out how to witness someone die as well as check out some already dead bodies. Can you provide me the same level of confirmation of your god?

One thing that can't be argued, we are all intelligent enough that we should have
it sorted out by the time we do sleep. So start off with the truth that everyone knows ( There is only one truth) and check yourself, before you wreck yourself.
Your life is literally in your hands.

Can you define "Atheism?"

I am not asking for what you seem to think it means either. I want to know if you actually understand the word.

Thanks in advance for demonstrating the glory that is the perfect light and love of Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior by not resorting to distracting off topic rants, bible quotes, personal attacks, or obfuscation by distraction methods of pushing me farther from your one truth and not closer.

Peace my friend.
Jesus saves!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
So we indoctrinate religion, but teach atheism.

Due to the very nature of each, yes.

Yes we do.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Atheism is older that Christianity and still doing just fine. How do you define "fad?"

Ok my bad. I was in a rush answering that question.
I will concede the idea of there being no God or Gods could go back a lot farther than when Jesus walked the earth. I totally blew that answer and I apologize.

The bible is rife with error, do you need an example?

Already been there.
By that I mean I've already went over most of that reasoning with Phlynx.

Have you not witnessed death? If not, it is pretty simple. U2U me and I will help you find out how to witness someone die as well as check out some already dead bodies. Can you provide me the same level of confirmation of your god?

This has nothing to do with anything.
As I said earlier in the thread that last line was more direct at a very limited few. None of them being you.
Just something I put down with a limited few in mind .
No big deal to anyone else.

Can you define "Atheism?"

I'll jump through even though it should be obvious.

Holding no belief in a diety or dietys .

Be back later.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

check out my testimony pg 26

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

So, are we talking about religion then, or are we talking about God/Universe?

Personally, I believe that the last place to find or attain a relationship with the spiritual realm is through the rantings of organized religion. Thinking for yourself is a tantamount to attaining a relationship with the Universe as God wants us to exercise our own free will and imagination. So yes, you have a point, many religions indoctrinate, which leads to brainwashing, and ultimately leads to the surrender of one's common sense and free will. I can give you that.

If it is merely religion that you attack, then fine. However, if its the Universe that receives your skepticism as a result of the idiocy of the brainwashed, and you disavow all higher possibilities simply because of the ignorance of a few sheep (more than a few, billions) then you will literally stunt your own growth by assuming that a relationship with God is dependent on those who peddle it the most (fundamental/evangelical christians).

Namaste and Love

[edit on 9-7-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

check out my testimony pg 26

Could you perhaps be more specific, please?

I see many posts by you on that page and forgive me but, they all look pretty much like "testimony." Not one post seemed to actually address what I have asked and I am not interested in out of context bible quotes, thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hello, this is my very first post. My name is Michelle and I am waking up. Thank you for all the warm welcomes. So this post caught my eye and I wanted to share with you something a wise person told me. I would rather believe in Jesus and find out there wasn't any than believe in nothing and find myself standing before the thrown of Jesus. Hope this makes sense. :::waves:::

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sunaurora

Welcome to ATS, love.
Whereas I appreciate and respect your point of view, that kind of reasoning is dangerous because many people who share that exact same ideal are ultimately disingenuous and lying to themselves.
It's like the old condom adage...it's better to have one and not need it than need it and not have one.
It works for condoms, not so much, however, for religion.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

it is the first post on pg 26- page twenty six

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join