It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
[edit on 10-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Step 1
Find the time to make a papyrus.

Step 2
Think of something to say about God and Jesus.

Step 3
Find some Ink to write on the papyrus.

Step 4
Write on the papyrus

Step 5
Tell them this was the original works that are the miracles of Jesus.

Step 6
Earn money from a great lie and a fictitious story.

Step 7
Give the author a misleading name for proof.

:-D

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by evil incarnate

it is the first post on pg 26- page twenty six

Nothing there has anything to do with my post. I specifically asked the OP questions about the text in the Original Post. I have been reading this thread. I read all of page 26. Now, because of you I have gone back 2 times to find some response to my post. Sorry but I already said I have no use for empty bible quotes and your little story did not apply to anything I said at all.

When lying to people just to get them to look at your posts, guess how many find that what they wanted was not there and still ask you to help them find your god.

Not all Christians may be bad but you guys really ought to find one that does not need to lie in order to push his religion. Get one of those in here and see what a real religious discussion looks like.

If you want to ever do what the OP cannot and actually address what I said about the OP, go for it. Telling me you already did when you did not was pointless and got none of us anywhere.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68

Wow you guy's are really behindEvangelical atheist
and Dawkins

Wow, you guys really are behind EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/417a4d963fa9.jpg[/atsimg]

David Koresh!

or maybe EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e3c7417426f.jpg[/atsimg]
Jim Jones!

Why do you guys let people like this be your evangelists?

Or you can call Dawkins whatever you like and still realize it does not make him POPE of anything? Your call.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Evil I owe you an apology. So I'll take care of that now. Looking back I can see I tossed you right on the fire for no reason. I offer no excuses
only this apology and a star for each post. I do apologise.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well as an atheist I would have to say heaven would be my nightmare! My image is of a peaceful world, no sex, drum n bass, smokes or booze just blissful happiness.

I can't see their being angelic amen breaks and godly basslines as a soundtrack to the place so I for one am out

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by crezo
Well as an atheist I would have to say heaven would be my nightmare! My image is of a peaceful world, no sex, drum n bass, smokes or booze just blissful happiness.

I can't see their being angelic amen breaks and godly basslines as a soundtrack to the place so I for one am out

Well fortunately for me - I believe we are "thought".

An Energy Consciousness Thought Creation - - - so I can create whatever Heaven I want. You're welcome to Come On Over. Maybe not the smokes - - but: One bourbon, one scotch, one beer - Repeat!

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Annee]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by crezo

Yesterday I was out in my truck for a bit. Your post reminded me of this lic. plate frame I saw.

Got Christ?...... It's hell with out him.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Devil's most great victory lately is to proof to the world he doesn't exist...

There's been the war of wars, between good and evil. Only 2 sides.
Then you can make a list of whatever you have mentioned on this post, some examples:
hell
reincarnation
ghosts
bible
satanists
atheists

The list will go on forever, we just need to be able to place these things on the right side of the war.
The moment we see that, we might be able to understand everything else.

I am an atheist.
or am I a christian? does it make a difference?
Still, by being one or the other, I'm picking a side...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HSDA83

Still, by being one or the other, I'm picking a side...
I choose Atheism and I am on MY side. I do not stand with other Atheists, they do not stand with me. There is much more to spirituality than God or No God.

The common misconception is that Atheists believe that there is no afterlife and we just die and that's it. I don't believe that at all. In my view, god is unneccessary and only muddies the spirtual waters.Remove it from the equation and a whole universe of new ideas and fantastic discovery open up. I have no doubt there is more to our being than what we experience here on earth.

I have no problem if anyone wants to believe in a god, it's all a matter of personal preference. Whatever inspires you and gives you hope and all that warm fuzzy stuff, thumbs up from me.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So is there a God? I really shouldn't do this but it may shed some light on the question.

A few years back I did something really crazy. I fulfilled a biblical prophesy just to see what would happen. And in return I got a full blown Daniel class religious experience.

I got to see the starfield of Abraham and I heard the rushing of the wind. Harry Potter would have been proud of the fuss I caused. But this is what I saw.

I had spent a couple of weeks on the prophecy. There was supposed to have a second secret buried in it somewhere. And I was on the verse I had skipped. Leaving the tough nuts for last so to speak. And as I was working it over in my head I remembered a detail about the prophesy. It was a description of a vision. So I took the verse and tried to turn it into a picture in my head. And saw something crazy. And after a bit. Thinking it over. I may have done a very stupid thing. I said the 4th meaning of the verse out loud.

And thats when all holy hell cut loose. And here's what happened.

There was a ding in my ears to start with. Like the tone from a hearing test. And then my eyes stopped working. I was just staring at dark gray nothingness. And then I wasn't in Kansas anymore. It was like I had been wrenched from my body in a OOB experience. And I was flying upward at a great speed. There was streaks of light and oddly enough numbers were flying by. The number two to be exact. It reminded my of the old Windows screen savers from win95.

Then it changed. And I was just floating in space. Looking at the stars. But it was a strange space filled with odd stars. For in the darkness faintly glowing was the words of the prophecy I was working on. And scattered among the words were the stars. But the stars were numbers. The number 2 to be exact. Showing the points of duality in the prophecy.

Then the focus of the vision changed. It went from a full sense surround experience to this bright picture in my head. Which made my normal thoughts and memories look like gray shadows in comparison. And that picture seemed to be expanding causing great pressure in my head. And then I heard a noise like the rushing of the wind. Or maybe a steel pot full of water at a full boil. And then after a few seconds it was over. Leaving me with a strange headache for the rest of the day.

So back to the original question. Is there a God? Apparently to me there is something behind the book. I certainly wasn't expecting a study guide.

And he makes a interesting avatar doesn't he?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

my response to your post had to do with you going on about Christ being a delusion, so sent you to a true story-are you saying it's a lie? or is that directed at someone else?

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

my response to your post had to do with you going on about Christ being a delusion, so sent you to a true story-are you saying it's a lie?

Is that a challenge?

All you did was tell a story. It had nothing to do with any response to anything I said. You are just begging people to read it for you. I am the third person you told to go read it so I guess you were so generously responding to us all?

You said you found a bible and heard a voice. That is a wonderful story. The problem is that I have several bibles and have read one and gone back through the others at different times. I have never heard a voice.

or is that directed at someone else?

Is what directed at someone else? I took the time to actually address the OP point by point. If you have a real response to it, then please show me. If you just want people to read your story, tell them that. I have directed nothing at you but querries as to what on earth you are getting at.

Is there a fundamental reason a "Christian" would start a thread bashing atheists for no reason and other "christians" would flock to it so they can all just post nonsense and then call other people crazy for not getting how the nonsense should apply?

I AM SO SORRY I TOOK THE TIME TO ADDRESS THE OP
as directly as anyone possible could. That seemed to have really tossed a wrench into the grand works at play here. Obviously it causes trouble and synapses misfire or die. I addressed the OP. If you have a response to that, please provide it. Both you and the OP have responded without responding.

Do any of you realize how unattractive you make your religion look?

So, I politely ask the OP if addressing his thread is worthwhile because it seems anyone doing so gets ignored. He says go for it so I do and get ignored. Then he blows me off with angry two-liners. Now you tell anyone you can grab to read a story about you hearing voices and tell me I must be calling you a liar?????? How so? When did I call you delusional? I believe I was addressing the OP. If you want to debate gods being delusions, go for it. Chances are, using a hallucination as backup is not going to float too far on its own.

Good job on this thread. I could hardly be less interested in a conversation with a "Christian" at this point.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Evil I owe you an apology. So I'll take care of that now. Looking back I can see I tossed you right on the fire for no reason. I offer no excuses
only this apology and a star for each post. I do apologise.

You see that so rarely on ATS that it deserves some respect.

In lieu of an apology, I would have really enjoyed discussing the topic in the OP. I guess that was bad on me for expecting.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

In lieu of an apology, I would have really enjoyed discussing the topic in the OP. I guess that was bad on me for expecting.

You got a date or something?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

You got a date or something?

A date for what?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
"live and let live" ever heard of?

Zealotry towards those "scary Atheists" doesn't get You anywhere.

How afraid those Christians seem to be of Atheists....

Prooves once more that the US is slowly, but steadily changing in a Theocracy.

And given the glorious ,mostly bloody, past of Theocracies, I am somewhat worried.

I hope the Rapture will, indeed, sweep away all those "true believers". Would make the world a much more sane&healthy place.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Rapture?
What is the base for that beleif?
Hell? Reincarnation? even Trinity?
None of these terms exist in the bible, maybe some poor translation.

So in fact, we are discussing terms created by the catholic church, Rapture being from the mormons...

How can we as atheists leave god out of the subject if we debate on terms invented by church?

It takes much more faith to be an atheist...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree..
and even if I hadn't seen a ghost, which I have. I would have to consider the reality of the phenomenon being real simply because of their sheer tenacity and persistance in existing no matter how secular and materialistic we've become. I could argue that the fact that ghosts are still seen and experienced quite often even in the most atheist countries in the world suggests it's not just vivid imaginations, hallucinations or superstition.
If ghosts really didn't exist I would wager that people wouldn't still report seeing them. If it really just was superstition the belief would have been relentlessly stamped out by rabid reductionists in extremely secular countries like Sweden, but they appear nonetheless.

While some cases can be explained away as hallucinations, many of them simply can't, not when there is poltergeist activity and the entity is manipulating the physical world. That's unexplainable to science.
In my experience people that laugh at the notion of paranormal phenomena tend to view it as extremely vague and subject to interpretation.. like it's only paranoid people that interpret creaking houses as evidence of a haunting.
On the contrary, paranormal phenomena may be very obvious, even to a staunch scientist that considers it to be flimflam.

I would also have to consider the serious implications of stout skeptics turning into believers after experiencing paranormal phenomena, I bet there's a bunch of them here.

I also consider reincarnation research as evidence, particularly the amazing and documented stories of people remembering past lives and later confirming that the spontaneous memories they remembered really happened.

I think there's enough evidence to decide for yourself even if you haven't experienced anything, if you're truly objective and open minded I don't see how you can come to any other conclusion.. and I long for the day that mainstream science catches on. I think there's a lot of black projects dealing with the paranormal, remote viewing and astral projection programs would only scratch the surface. I mean, TPTB can't not know about the huge pink elephant.. we know they've had these types of projects. They most certainly know.. especially since they're very into the occult.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

I agree..
and even if I hadn't seen a ghost, which I have.

So - seeing a ghost proves God? How? Define ghost.

I've seen apparitions and time memory images. How does that prove God?

Energy is energy - it imprints - just like an image on film.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join