It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I would like to shake my claim.
www.swarthmore.edu...

www.usbible.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Creationists see everything in the world, that is around them.

Because everthing that is around them, was created.

Atheist close their eyes to everything that was created.

As if everything was created around them.

That's the biggest load of bull I ever heard. You're just starving for attention on the web.

www.articlesbase.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.infidels.org...

I doubt you'll read anything from the links I posted. The only thing I can say for shame and I point my finger of shame at you!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by randyvs

I don't believe that really answered his question.

At all.

LOL, no he did not even try. He will not try. He will also never recognize how ironic his logic is.

I just figured that was him giving up so I would stop the timer.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

You guys have seen this right?

Another Darwin for Dawkins.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by randyvs]

You know that video is fake right?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
one night I went to pick up a small green Gideons NT that a woman had left on the bar a few days earlier and as soon as I began to open the cover I heard an AUDIBLE voice as if sitting to my left that said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish- AWESTRUCK (i was not raised churched or knew any scripts) I stood to my feet turned to the voice and said yes Lord, and years later came across these-

For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."-Rev19.11

At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, "Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens."-Heb12.26

The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God." "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."-Matt26.63

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.-Luke9.26

If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin.-John15.22

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

It appears that those who adhere to the articles you posted do not think about what they read only that the words tickle their ears to the belief they desire.

The articles are full religion blaming, but they never discuss the anti religion killers of the 20th century, .........You know?.......Haven't you heard of say Mr. Joesph Stalin or Mr. Adolf Hitler. Pol Pot ect.
These and many others killed faith believers to rid their countries of them and yet even at the face of death people still convert to believing in Christ.

The articles have no meat in them they do not show evidence

Organised religion and faith are relics from the past, unneeded in today's society. They were used to govern primitive people and give answers to things that people could not understand yet. Essentially ruling people with the fear of going to Hell, religion is no longer needed now that we have organised rules and police forces. By perpetuating the falsehood of creationism and presenting religion as fact these people are slowing the scientific advancement and development of our species. Read more: www.articlesbase.com... Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

From your link Organized rules, where do these ideas come from you know do not kill, steal covet they are from the Bible.

By your reasoning it will only take 51% of the vote to legalize murder,rape, stealing ect.

Many have tried to remove religion, They Can Not because those who begin to listen the spirit part of their being realize that the flesh of this world is corrupt and will destroy everything with out the intervention of the All Mighty God whose name is Jesus.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Adolf Hitler was a Christian. I understand religion will never be destroyed by force. that's why you discourage it. Also i support separation of religious temple and state.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Seriously. You people really need to put Hitler away as he does nothing to help that argument that atheism causes wars. Aside from that fact that you have to include wars over politics and resources to claim atheism kills just to try to even out the amount of death done in the name of a god, you keep burning your own leg. Hitler Was a Christian The Holocaust was caused by Christian fundamentalism:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Uhm..
I didn't mention God once so I have no idea where you got that from?

I just expanded on what muzzleflash was talking about since he touched on it and I've been wanting to do that for a while now myself.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

definition

Faith; belief: trust in the honesty and truth of another; the assent of the mind to Divine revelation; unshaken adherence; fidelity; honesty; a system of doctrines or tenets.

From the

National Dictionary..........Self-Pronouncing........Based upon the principles Established by Noah Webster........1936 edition page 317

I use this definition as people are ignorant of the fact that words have meaning and that the original meanings do not become void just because they no longer print them in the new dictionaries.

You will notice the part of unshaken adherence.

This does put atheism in the faith based category, as it takes as much faith to not accept that this organized universe could not have come into being by pure happenstance; that some one or thing must have produce it ( I believe God did it)

But as if the atheist does not worship anything; including so called mother earth then no atheism is not a religion by definition, but is as stated faith based.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
This does put atheism in the faith based category, as it takes as much faith to not accept that this organized universe could not have come into being by pure happenstance; that some one or thing must have produce it ( I believe God did it)

Repeat that all you like, it does not make it true. How about instead of repeating it, you try and actually make that case.

Did you have faith in God when you were a week old?

But as if the atheist does not worship anything; including so called mother earth then no atheism is not a religion by definition, but is as stated faith based.

Obviously you still have no clue what atheism is even after going on and on about definitions. Neither of yours says anything about excluding worship. It is about deities. The Earth is right here, not a deity.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
reply to post by randyvs

definition

Faith; belief: trust in the honesty and truth of another;

And we all know how trustworthy most of us humans are

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

So you think I should feed the trolls? I mean I understand . It's completely obvious he has no life. i've been to bed I come back
he's still here.
I think this thread has something important to offer.

Why worry about what the cave dwellers are saying, you know?
Never see any threads out of these people so basically they hang out here
on ATS and never produce anything.
They wait for threads they don't like so they can act like children? Come on Wolfie you see my point.
Tell ya the truth I've got my next thread lined up pretty good right now.
In fact I may flood the market.

How much time has been now Gundi?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

reply to post by WolfofWar

So you think I should feed the trolls? I mean I understand . It's completely obvious he has no life.

You can not answer my questions and my life or lack there of has nothing to do with it. OK, you insulted me instead of answering. True to your "Christian" form, I see.

Is that how Jesus would answer actual questions?

i've been to bed I come back
he's still here.
I think this thread has something important to offer.

So have I. I slept from 4 to 6. That is a good night for me. Well, 6 am on a Sunday what to do, what to do? Might as well work because I can hop over to ATS now and then and get something done. Glad you worry so much about what I do with my time before deciding to answer questions.

Why worry about what the cave dwellers are saying, you know?
Never see any threads out of these people so basically they hang out here
on ATS and never produce anything.
They wait for threads they don't like so they can act like children? Come on Wolfie you see my point.

I guess that is better than starting thread after thread whining about how bad you christians have it and then using those threads to lie and attack anyone that does not agree.

But hey, you are the christian so you go ahead and represent.

So...what does this thread have to offer? Can anyone see it but you?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well Randy, have you ever seen God?

Have you ever seen Heaven?

Have you ever seen Hell?

Have you ever seen an angel?

The video has been claimed to be a fake. I am willing to accept it as real. I am just not sure what the point of it is. Are there no questions that would stump an honest Christian?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

I am just not sure what the point of it is.

You're not sure what reason for the video is? Or you're not sure of why I posted it? If the latter then the reason I posted it should be obvious.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

reply to post by evil incarnate

I am just not sure what the point of it is.

You're not sure what reason for the video is? Or you're not sure of why I posted it? If the latter then the reason I posted it should be obvious.

If you read my entire post the question is pretty clear. It helps to keep things in context. Randy, I am really trying with you. I have been burned once for attempting to discuss with you. Should I just stop now?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Save your angry private messages. You are the rudest and most insulting "Christian" I have ever met. I guess I assumed you were being obtuse on purpose because if you did not cut the actual question off, you would have understood it.

The video has been claimed to be a fake. I am willing to accept it as real. I am just not sure what the point of it is. Are there no questions that would stump an honest Christian?

You cut the question off and then asked me to explain what I was asking. Seemed to me like you were trying to play games. Do not use that as an excuse to privately vent your hatred at me.

Sorry for giving the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Confused... Tune in next week when the definition of what to believe in is made clear...

This is a simple problem of demographics, we have Atheism, Baha'i, Buddhism, Candomblé, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Judaism, Mormonism, Paganism, Rastafari, Santeria, Shinto, Sikhism, Spiritualism, Taoism, Unitarianism, Zoroastrianism plus many more derivations and sub-divisions too numerous to mention.

It appears that this thread has concentrated on a Christianised view of 'Judgement Day' - so I guess that all the others are wrong? Besides, which Christian 'flavour' is definitively correct? African Methodist Episcopal? Baptist? Calvinist? Catholic? Disciples of Christ? Evangelical Methodist Church? The list goes on, right down to the Worldwide Church of God.

The point is, which one defines the definitive belief system that ensures that a follower does not compromise the true Word of God and so does not risk a negative judgement?

Perhaps we have to look to the common aspects and discard the rest of the respective canons? What about those faiths that do not even have a canon since they are based on empirical interpretation of the world about us?

Atheism is a reaction, first and foremost, not a rejection per se. Atheism does not preclude a spiritual insight. Is it spiritual to follow the word of a deity who threatens everlasting damnation for dissent? That just sounds like the bullying of an omnipotent being. However, how omnipotent is that really? Surely a spiritual existence cannot be defined by a book? Even so, which part of which book?

I am not sure what is being defended and what is being attacked in this thread. Atheists are no more a homogeneous group than Christians or for that matter Pagans. The contemplation of an alternative to a monotheistic deity should not be reason enough to be 'hell-bound'. Surely?

If that is the case, then I would gladly stand in defiance of a God that is so small-minded as effectively act as a dictator and punish all those that do not follow an ambiguous path laid down in a man-made book of dubious derivation - whatever the religion!

Plenty of people have given their lives in defiance of a punitive and restrictive regime, throughout all of history. Not all martyrs are Christian or even religiously minded. The point is, there will be plenty of honourable atheists who would willingly undergo the supposed torments of the afterlife if it means defending their own conscience and staying true to their own principles and any God that punishes that point of view is not worthy of the title.

Millions of people are oppressed all over world, right now - forced to live in an environment and to an imposed ideology to satisfy the ego of a supposedly supreme leader. History is littered with examples, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot - as has been mentioned before.

Just because that dictator is a deity, does it make the situation any better? Should we simply forget our contemplation of a different kind of life simply through the fear of punishment?

An objective decision to embrace Atheism should be applauded just as much as a decision to lead a spiritual life. One is not better than the other. Right here and right now, we should be concerned with how we can help our own societies to become better, not live our lives in fear of retribution and divine punishment.

Amen.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Atheists sure do seem to be far more insistant, that there is no God. Then
most Christians are that there is one. Gods word, The Bible, never fails.
It is indestructable. If you disagree with that, then explain how Isreal
became a nation again in just one day. After being scattered through out the nations for 2000 yrs. Exactly as the Bible, Gods word, predicted in Isaiah more than 2000 yrs ago.

There are only a few more prophecies left to be fulfilled. So there is even a little urgency to this thread. The gulf is one that is being fulfilled as we speak.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join