It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by WolfofWar

I don't believe that really answered his question.

So you think I should feed the trolls? I mean I understand . It's completely obvious he has no life. i've been to bed I come back
he's still here.
I think this thread has something important to offer.

He's not the one that's the troll. Try again.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by NegativeBeef]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Atheists sure do seem to be far more insistant, that there is no God. Then
most Christians are that there is one. Gods word, The Bible, never fails.
It is indestructable. If you disagree with that, then explain how Isreal
became a nation again in just one day. After being scattered through out the nations for 2000 yrs. Exactly as the Bible, Gods word, predicted in Isaiah more than 2000 yrs ago.

Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy? Wow you really are that dumb aren't you?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Obviously you still have no clue what atheism is even after going on and on about definitions. Neither of yours says anything about excluding worship. It is about deities. The Earth is right here, not a deity.

1) You can go to any country, any people, any tribe in the world. Even if they haven't heard a thing about religion or the name Jesus or whatever, they will be worshiping something.
It might be the sun, the water, the fire, animals, a football team, a band, career, etc.

There is in everybody a need to worship something higher.
Who put that in us?

Id DOES take faith to disbelief.

2) How will we relate evolution and entropy?
Entropy is a LAW that says everything tends to get worse. Decline, degeneration. (Not better like the evolution says)
Science today says we use between 2-5% of the brain's capacity. Wich shows that somewhere in past we did use 100%.
Technology is growing exponentially and we are getting exponentially dumber too, do you see evolution on that?
Thousands of years ago men built the pyramids without using a single crane. And today we're still asking how the hell did they do it?

Shall we go on with examples?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HSDA83
1) You can go to any country, any people, any tribe in the world. Even if they haven't heard a thing about religion or the name Jesus or whatever, they will be worshiping something.
It might be the sun, the water, the fire, animals, a football team, a band, career, etc.

Yes, I am well aware. Literally anything.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87147e704b11.jpg[/atsimg]

There is in everybody a need to worship something higher.
Who put that in us?

I do not know why we are like that but you already assume there is a who that made it so. I am not so quick to assume. You view is already skewed because you skipped a step in logic. Just because something is some way, does not mean someone put it there. Unless you think it is possible Jesus put it in you and Boeing put it in the natives of the Cargo Cult?

Id DOES take faith to disbelief.

Maybe to DISBELIEVE but it also takes considering a belief to begin with in order to disbelieve. Atheism does not take that step.

2) How will we relate evolution and entropy?
Entropy is a LAW that says everything tends to get worse. Decline, degeneration. (Not better like the evolution says)

That is not actually what evolution says. In fact, in one of these attack the atheist thread, someone already posted a video explaining that fallacy right there so I am doubtful the rest of your "facts" are worth entertaining until you actually understand what atheism is and what evolution actually says.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

But as if the atheist does not worship anything; including so called mother earth then no atheism is not a religion by definition, but is as stated faith based.

Ok I'm back to not a religion again, and I'm thinking this time for good.
So thank you Acts. The Atheists couldn't decide I guess. Better off coming
from a person of truth anyway.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Who would know better what the truth about Atheism is than a Christian, right?

Ever call your plumber about a tooth-ache?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Everything in life that we believe in is based on faith. There is a difference between blind faith and reasonable faith. Based on evidence I have faith that when I jump I will come back down. I base this faith on subjective evidence as well as objective evidence. When it comes to atheism, it is the absence of any belief in theism currently. A-theism, really basic English; it means lack of theism. Non-theism. Atheism is not faith based, by definition.

That said, there are some "Atheists" that label themselves as such who are not ACTUALLY atheists. I don't really have a term, but I guess you could call them "Anti-Theist" They KNOW (faith) that there is no god, and are vehemently opposed to all theism. I feel this group has essentially hidden under the banner of atheism (just as closeted atheists have hidden behind "agnostic") and have used the title as a platform to spout anti-religious messages.

So Randy, when you see people who you feel are apply faith to their disbelief in god, they are not atheist, they are anti-theists.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate
reply to post by randyvs

Who would know better what the truth about Atheism is than a Christian, right?

Ever call your plumber about a tooth-ache?

Love it!

At least half my life was as a Christian - - until I realized I had been assimilated - - and belief was not my Choice.

At least I can speak of what it is to be Christian and the belief.

When I really thought about it - - it made zero sense to me - and I no longer believe any of it.

I'm now a Spiritual Humanist.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

So Randy, when you see people who you feel are apply faith to their disbelief in god, they are not atheist, they are anti-theists.
Ok, but that could be a pretty tough asertation most of the time unless actually stated right?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I don't believe anything in this post is supposed to be entertaining, besides the fact of you mentioning a video somewhere else from somebody else in response to someone else, that couldn't find a place in your answer.

We can't really talk about atheists nightmares without mentioning all the facts, and that also includes Dimensional analysis, Nondimensionalization, Population biology, Scaling in biology, Complex systems, Evolution and entropy, Self-organized systems, Selection and evolution, and it goes on...

I was an evolutionist and atheist for more than 30 years, I do know exactly what they see with their eyes closed, I had mines closed too... I used to stuty materials from professors at Brown University and others from the New England area, where I reside, and even they're changing their minds on the subject.
The thing is, the more you dig into "science", the more obvious it looks, that's why more and more scientists are becoming believers now...

Back to the OP:

So start off with the truth that everyone knows ( There is only one truth) and check yourself, before you wreck yourself.

What can be defined as truth? Where would you find it?
Start off with the foundation, before we can finish up the house...

[edit on 11-7-2010 by HSDA83]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I like what Wolfofwar said about "reasonable faith". At times, I feel myself becoming almost militant in my ex-Christian beliefs because it caused me to drop all common sense in place of faith. You're made to feel guilty, unworthy or scared unless you submit completely.

Nonsense. Now it angers me when I see what our world has become in part due to religious extremists that create ridiculous environments from prohibition to stoning.

Wouldn't a little "Balance" from all of us be a welcome change.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Friendly Reminder

It seems that the thread has steered back to the topic

Just wanted to chime in and ask that we please keep it that way,

Debate the post and not the poster and all is well.

Thanks for getting back on track

Now back to the topic:

The Atheists Nightmare

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
religion is the shadow of spirituality which is the intercessor of the universe and the singular man.

religion is man doing his will and not that of the higher sentience, the omni, the uni-verse.

Let's not be upset by each other, instead let us appreciate and confide in one another, how there are no boundaries save the ones we ourselves create, the ultimate language is that of action, and we all want the same thing, peace for ourselves, unfortunately people believe there are multiple "we's". So I think we should not build subtle hatreds of one another, as the world cult-ure media demands of us.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by depth om]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HSDA83

That's why I like this question.

What if a scientist, found absolute proof of God in his lab and he was a person of secular views? Do you believe he would toss the evidence and
forget he ever even performed that experiment? Or would he tell the world of his finding?

Things do seem to have gotten on trac somehow . To my amazement.
Thank you Mod.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I see what you're saying.

"the harmony of natural law reveals an intelligence of such superiority that,
compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings
is an utterly insignificant reflection."
- Einstein

"You find it strange that I consider the comprehensibility of the world (to the extent that we are authorized to speak of such a comprehensibility) as a miracle... Well, a priori one should expect a chaotic world, which cannot be grasped by the mind in any way . . . . The kind of order created by Newton's theory of gravitation, for example, is wholly different. Even if man proposes the axioms of the theory, the success of such a project presupposes a high degree of ordering of the objective world, and this could not be expected a priori. That is the "miracle" which is being constantly reinforced as our knowledge expands."
- Einsten

"Is man an unimportant bit of dust on an unimportant planet in an unimportant galaxy somewhere in the vastness of space? No! The necessity to produce life lies at the center of the universe's whole machinery and design.....Slight variations in physical laws such as gravity or electromagnetism would make life impossible."
- John Weeler - professor of physics at Princetown

"Astronomy leads us to a unique event, a universe that was created out of nothing and delicately balanced to provide exactly the conditions required to support life. In the absence of an absurdly improbable accident, the observations of modern science seem to suggest an underlying, one might say, supernatural plan"
- Physicist and Nobel laureate Arno Penzias

"The scientific community is prepared to consider the idea that God created the universe a more respectable hypothesis today than at any time in the last 100 years."
- Scientist Sir Fred Hoyle

I believe it takes time, but it's possible. Lately there's been great acceptance on the "Intelligent Designed universe", wich is a big step already.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HSDA83
reply to post by randyvs

I see what you're saying.

"the harmony of natural law reveals an intelligence of such superiority that,
compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings
is an utterly insignificant reflection."
- Einstein

"You find it strange that I consider the comprehensibility of the world (to the extent that we are authorized to speak of such a comprehensibility) as a miracle... Well, a priori one should expect a chaotic world, which cannot be grasped by the mind in any way . . . . The kind of order created by Newton's theory of gravitation, for example, is wholly different. Even if man proposes the axioms of the theory, the success of such a project presupposes a high degree of ordering of the objective world, and this could not be expected a priori. That is the "miracle" which is being constantly reinforced as our knowledge expands."
- Einsten

"Is man an unimportant bit of dust on an unimportant planet in an unimportant galaxy somewhere in the vastness of space? No! The necessity to produce life lies at the center of the universe's whole machinery and design.....Slight variations in physical laws such as gravity or electromagnetism would make life impossible."
- John Weeler - professor of physics at Princetown

"Astronomy leads us to a unique event, a universe that was created out of nothing and delicately balanced to provide exactly the conditions required to support life. In the absence of an absurdly improbable accident, the observations of modern science seem to suggest an underlying, one might say, supernatural plan"
- Physicist and Nobel laureate Arno Penzias

"The scientific community is prepared to consider the idea that God created the universe a more respectable hypothesis today than at any time in the last 100 years."
- Scientist Sir Fred Hoyle

I believe it takes time, but it's possible. Lately there's been great acceptance on the "Intelligent Designed universe", wich is a big step already.

Quotes are nothing more then quotes.
www.infidels.org...

This site is perfect for understanding the true nature of Atheism.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

If you notice any dialog between me and OP you might be able to understand the quotes answering:

reply to post by HSDA83

What if a scientist, found absolute proof of God in his lab and he was a person of secular views? Do you believe he would toss the evidence and
forget he ever even performed that experiment? Or would he tell the world of his finding?

But they may be just quotes to you.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HSDA83

If it was possible there could be numerous Gods; not just one. If God is real why should we then only paint him how we see fit?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Good question!
You don't even need to read that old book, but in the very first verse, the word god in the original hebrew is in plural !

But there's another question that needs to be answered before we get into "many gods" talk: Will a creature fully understand its creator?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HSDA83

Even though I'm an Atheist; and I don't believe any Godly or Goddess figure. I would like to say they're multiple Gods. Maybe one is more powerful then the others. Now don't say the Son's of God that mated with the son's of man. Those were just Israelis before the flood. Why do you think God sent the flood in the Bible? That's a really bad way to upset God when you don't follow his laws anymore. Even though the oldest flood story is an Babylon epic. There are religions which support both creation and evolution claims.

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join