It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism in the gaming industry in America?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

thanks and some people need to get out more to see how the real world works instead of living in the basement. Pride on ones race is everywhere even my boss, who is an arab, has more pride towards his people. He will give them favors before any other non-arab.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA not enough HAHA to fill the page!!!!!!!!!!!

Microsoft studios uses it for backdrops and also Bethseda uses Terragen classic for some scenes.

WTF am I getting upset a two dbags who no nothing!

GI JOE the movie used Terragen as well!

LOL LOL LOL

[edit on 6-7-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I don't even use Vue.

I know, you use Teragen. I have been following along just fine.

Movie industry uses Vue and I do believe it was used in Avatar on some scenes. They want speed and excellence plus whatever it takes to get the job done.

I do not understand your criticism? It functions wonderfully for generating both matte painting as well as fully interactive 3D environments. Your problem is that it does it faster?

You also know they have software called Poser? It is a way to make life easier to generate generic humans. YOu guys really don't know what the hell you guys are talking about.

Huh? What are you talking about? I know all about poser and so far it has nothing to do with ANYTHING you have posted here. What are you bringing it up for? I have used it in conjunction with Cinema4D. I know exactly what I am talking about. See, I am not LOOKING for a job.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Microsoft studios uses it for backdrops and also Bethseda uses Terragen classic for some scenes

That so? Well you may not know this, but video games are required to attribute any middleware they use for their games. I have three of Bethesda Studios games with me. Terragen is not referenced. Only Havok and Speedtree is. In fact, the last attribution to Terragen, on it's own site, is by Serious Sam 2 in like 2003, and that was for it's skyboxes. (Which looked like crap.)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Isn't it racist just killing humans in like 99% of all the games out there? What about aliens?

Or another way to think

Don't you find it racists that almost all games, only white people get killed?
Shouldn't we be thanking Capcom for bringing in Africans into a game to get killed? I think all races should be featured in games.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

reply to post by shearder

thanks and some people need to get out more to see how the real world works instead of living in the basement. Pride on ones race is everywhere even my boss, who is an arab, has more pride towards his people. He will give them favors before any other non-arab.

So it's okay for an Arab to take preference to people of his own race before others? For example, if he was to have a job opportunity available, he would give it to an Arab before an equally qualified non-arab? Interesting, sounds racist.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by WolfofWar]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Microsoft studios uses it for backdrops and also Bethseda uses Terragen classic for some scenes.

According to whom?

Games

Monster Roll Cage - Idryonis Studios
Idryonis Studios use Terragen exclusively to create skyboxes for Monster Roll Cage, an amusement park monster truck simulation ride. The ride has full 360 degree movement on the pitch and roll axes. You can find more information about the game, including screenshots, at its website.

Digital Illusions CE - multiple titles
Digital Illusions, creators of the award winning Battlefield 1942 series of games, have been using Terragen for their games since 1999, for sky and ground textures. Terragen has been used in such games as Codename Eagle, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam and Battlefield : Modern Combat.

Ground Control 2 - trailer
Odd Nydrén used Terragen to create skies for the trailer of the game Ground Control 2, from Massive Entertainment. Odd used Terragen's scripting capabilities to render cubic skyboxes, which he later converted to spheres. You can view screenshots at his site ( in the gallery ), and view the trailer at the Ground Control 2 website.

Dragon Rage - 3DO, PlayStation 2
Max Ink Cafe used Terragen for backgrounds in the in-game cinematic sequences.

Serious Sam and Serious Sam : The Second Encounter - Croteam, Windows
Croteam used Terragen for the backgrounds/skyboxes in the popular Serious Sam and Serious Sam : The Second Encounter games. Davor Hunski, lead designer/application programmer at Croteam, says that Terragen has no competition when it comes to the final rendering output and ease of use. For SS:TSE, Croteam engaged the services of Peter Kleiner. Peter has a project page ( in German ) which has screenshots and information about his work.

Formula 1 2000 - EA Sports, PlayStation 2
Terragen was used for the skyboxes in EA Sports Formula 1 2000 for the PS 2.

E.ON MixPower - Flash online
Peter Kleiner used Terragen for a number of images for use in a Flash based online game for one of the largest German energy companies, E.ON. Peter has a project page ( in German ) which has screenshots and information about his work.

Terragen Website - Who's using it

Wow the 3DO and 2000 PS2? You are on the cutting edge.

WTF am I getting upset a two dbags who no nothing!

Know enough to quote you, show you your own words and watch you avoid addressing them at all cost because you cannot explain why such a non-racist would say such racist things.

You showed us what you got and I was even polite about it. Calling names now? Tsk tsk.

GI JOE the movie used Terragen as well!

LOL LOL LOL

Not GI JOE the Video game though. Maybe you should take your randomly generated landscapes and whatever [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec2fbe48bf07.jpg[/atsimg]this is and see if they need anyone to make static empty backgrounds for GI JOE THE MOVIE II

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
He can't even avoid racist comments on his Youtube page.

"Btw I don't hate all white people because my best friend is white and my last girlfriend was white. I just hate the white people that think their race is the # and everybody has no rights. kind of like sslazio is the person I despise."

Oh, okay, you just hate SOME white people.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
He can't even avoid racist comments on his Youtube page.

"Btw I don't hate all white people because my best friend is white and my last girlfriend was white. I just hate the white people that think their race is the # and everybody has no rights. kind of like sslazio is the person I despise."

Oh, okay, you just hate SOME white people.

He has this problem often

dragnet53 says:

February 27th, 2010 at 12:25 pm
white people are the reptilians! Just look at the past! i bet they do it all again if there wasn’t an organized cultural structure.

dragnet53 says:
February 27th, 2010 at 7:25 am
racist hardly. I wasn’t racist till I got my degree and found out how badly racism…errr favoritism is strong in my field. I am a CGI artist.

dragnet53:
February 27, 2010 at 6:51 pm
Tibets believe in …
Tibets believe in spirituality and the chinese don’t like it. Chinese want to destroy Tibet for some odd reason.
Africans control water. Our body is made up of 90% water. Just look at how good they are when it comes to sports.
fire is controlled by the whites. well you know everything from that.
Native Americans/mexicans are good with the earth. Mexicans and Native Americans at one time took care of their own country till the white man came to take them over.
Arabs still trying to figure them

Posted by dragnet53 on 03.24.10 2:22 am

yeah, white people think they are superior to everything. it is sad if you ask me.

Don’t forget the Arabs. They are just as bad as the white people.

dragnet53

9 Apr 10 at 4:25 am

[edit on 6-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You are seriously disillusioned if you believe this. I'm sorry, but the only reason you don't currently work in the games industry is because you lack the skills necessary, there is no other reason.

I work in the video game industry, and have previously worked for Crystal Dynamics as well as several smaller/local companies. In general, I would say that the work force is predominantly white, but there were plenty of people from different ethnic backgrounds.

You can break into the video games industry without knowing anyone and without even having a college degree if your portfolio is strong enough. I went to school with a really talented black artist. One day, in our sophomore year, he dropped out and got a job working for Bioware. Bam, just like that. Didn't even finish getting his Associate's degree.

However, I waited til I had my MFA before I got a job in the industry. It's a competitive industry, and the skill required is very high.

I don't know if you mentioned your expertise, but you cannot, I repeat CAN NOT break into the industry without a degree in a closely related field and a good portfolio.

For example, you may draw the best 2d art ever seen by man, but you will never be hired for a 3d position. You might be hired for concept art, or texturing, but you will never make a 3d model until you provide a portfolio that says you can do it.

So stop blaming whitey, and start blaming yourself.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

test animation found on my photobucket. It is old and my animation sucks. I didn't pursue an animation path. I was going for a cartoon look. It is 3D.

2D photoshop project also found on my photobucket page. Old Japanese castle done as a Matte painting. Three different photos merged into one.

Something I made when I was bored as hell.

Finally my main demo reel.

My demo reel I actually sent to Pixar (Canada), but they liked it. Just didn't get the Matte painting job because they chosen somebody else. :/

I'm sorry, but this is just really amateur level work. Some of your matte paintings aren't too bad. However, they're not really matte paintings so much as photo manipulations. I feel I have to be brutally honest here, because it's the only way to help.

The work in your demo reel is something I would expect from a first to second year student.

Go here:
www.3dtotal.com

And look at some of the work done by professionals and you will plainly see why all of these people are being hired instead of you.

And one more thing. If you REALLY want to work in the game industry. Go get a degree. If you don't have the passion required to get a degree, then you don't have the passion required for the games industry. It's a 60+hour/week job, with a 40 hour/week pay.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by MrSensible]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

lmao stalkers I have 'em everywhere!

I got you wrapped around my finger.

You know even Quannell X, human rights activist, even states racism is alive and well in America. he got racial profiling banned in the state of Texas. I wish every state would do the same.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSensible

test animation found on my photobucket. It is old and my animation sucks. I didn't pursue an animation path. I was going for a cartoon look. It is 3D.

2D photoshop project also found on my photobucket page. Old Japanese castle done as a Matte painting. Three different photos merged into one.

Something I made when I was bored as hell.

Finally my main demo reel.

My demo reel I actually sent to Pixar (Canada), but they liked it. Just didn't get the Matte painting job because they chosen somebody else. :/

I'm sorry, but this is just really amateur level work. Some of your matte paintings aren't too bad. However, they're not really matte paintings so much as photo manipulations. I feel I have to be brutally honest here, because it's the only way to help.

The work in your demo reel is something I would expect from a first to second year student.

Go here:
www.3dtotal.com

And look at some of the work done by professionals and you will plainly see why all of these people are being hired instead of you.

no shi~~ sherlock didn't I state awhile back I just graduated back in 2009?

I am an amateur and just need my foot in the door to prove my worth.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Mobsters are racists?

Say it isn't so.

Why, that might tarnish their image.

Oh - you mean the computer game industry.

Geeks with Cocaine - maybe still not the most upstanding citz.

[edit on 2010/7/6 by Aeons]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well there, sherlock. You're not going to get in the door, because you have nothing to offer. Even people that intern at my company have portfolios lightyears ahead of yours.

So what you're telling me is, you want to show up at Pixar and say "Oh, well I don't really know WTF I'm doing, but I want you to pay me to learn from you. Sound like a deal?"

It doesn't work like that.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by MrSensible]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

If there were more laws against racism, half of your posts would be a crime so far.

Seeing as how you started a thread to call white people racist, can you even begin to explain away the many many many many many racist quotes posted above?

You have been asked to prove you are skilled enough to warrant a job and you failed miserably.

You have stated that you have not gotten one interview and yet they did not hire you because you are intimidatingly Hispanic.

You have said racist nonsense and refuse to even acknowledge it no matter how many times they are shown to you.

You call people names instead of genuine responses.

You grammar is at best of the 6th grade level.

So, since you cannot prove you have any skill worth hiring, how about you address your racism.

Or have you given up on trying to have a genuine discussion and just want to toss out insults now?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I remember awhile back when I came back from this site to take a break from it that even the skeptic overlord was pissed that white supremacists where using this site to spread their hate. So tell me racism isn't dead?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I remember awhile back when I came back from this site to take a break from it that even the skeptic overlord was pissed that white supremacists where using this site to spread their hate. So tell me racism isn't dead?

Not dead at all. The simple fact that you are ignoring proves that you know it is quite alive and well and living within you.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I see you don't behave well on this site either. I see you have negative ratings in you ATS points and BTS points. It seems to me you like causing trouble. You seriously need to get out more.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Why is it okay for you to be racist but not an employer?

And to reiterate. You're not being rejected because you're a minority. You're being rejected because you have no marketable skill whatsoever. The end.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join