It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism in the gaming industry in America?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Originally posted by dragnet53
I remember awhile back when I came back from this site to take a break from it that even the skeptic overlord was pissed that white supremacists where using this site to spread their hate. So tell me racism isn't dead?

Not dead at all. The simple fact that you are ignoring proves that you know it is quite alive and well and living within you.

you seriously have anger issues. Do you even get out at all?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

reply to post by K J Gunderson

I see you don't behave well on this site either. I see you have negative ratings in you ATS points and BTS points. It seems to me you like causing trouble. You seriously need to get out more.

I never said I was a saint. That is the difference. You say you are not racist, the gaming industry is.

Then why have you said so many racist things?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

you seriously have anger issues. Do you even get out at all?

I am not angry at all. I would not worry about how much I get out since you are so busy posting racist crap on every Nibiru forum you can find.

I just really want you to explain the following statements as to how they are not indicative of a racist.

dragnet53 says:

February 27th, 2010 at 12:25 pm
white people are the reptilians! Just look at the past! i bet they do it all again if there wasn’t an organized cultural structure.

dragnet53 says:
February 27th, 2010 at 7:25 am
racist hardly. I wasn’t racist till I got my degree and found out how badly racism…errr favoritism is strong in my field. I am a CGI artist.

dragnet53:
February 27, 2010 at 6:51 pm
Tibets believe in …
Tibets believe in spirituality and the chinese don’t like it. Chinese want to destroy Tibet for some odd reason.
Africans control water. Our body is made up of 90% water. Just look at how good they are when it comes to sports.
fire is controlled by the whites. well you know everything from that.
Native Americans/mexicans are good with the earth. Mexicans and Native Americans at one time took care of their own country till the white man came to take them over.
Arabs still trying to figure them

Posted by dragnet53 on 03.24.10 2:22 am

yeah, white people think they are superior to everything. it is sad if you ask me.

Don’t forget the Arabs. They are just as bad as the white people.

dragnet53

9 Apr 10 at 4:25 am

Why are you just pretending they are not there?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSensible

I remember awhile back when I came back from this site to take a break from it that even the skeptic overlord was pissed that white supremacists where using this site to spread their hate. So tell me racism isn't dead?

Why is it okay for you to be racist but not an employer?

And to reiterate. You're not being rejected because you're a minority. You're being rejected because you have no marketable skill whatsoever. The end.

I will get better as time goes on. Practice makes perfect. But since you worked for crystal dynamics didn't it take you time as well to perfect your work? Didn't you get better when you were hired with a company?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I don't know if this is border line stalker or what. but yeah, also these same white people that states minorities cause troubles in groups and yet it is like the pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

I see you don't behave well on this site either. I see you have negative ratings in you ATS points and BTS points. It seems to me you like causing trouble. You seriously need to get out more.

I never said I was a saint. That is the difference. You say you are not racist, the gaming industry is.

Then why have you said so many racist things?

you still have issues. As I have stated I am racist towards racists. Those that stereo type minorities.. this also counts for pride being in any race such as black, arab, white, asian, etc. I am human and at one time the human race was one color.

But people can't get past the color of one person's skin. I go after the majority which is currently white. Racism has improved and not much even Obama has stated this. You know that white cop that got blamed being "racist" towards Obama's friend? I defended the white cop. Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Also you know the black panther group that stopped voters from voting for McCain? I disliked what they were doing.

YOU ARE THE ONE TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK RACIST.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I will get better as time goes on. Practice makes perfect. But since you worked for crystal dynamics didn't it take you time as well to perfect your work? Didn't you get better when you were hired with a company?

No gaming company is a school that pays you to get better. They need people who are already good. There are people all over the internet creating things for fun that far surpass your portfolio. Perhaps you can show us one company that was offering positions in which to learn while they pay you?

You just seem to think things work in way completely antithetical to reality. If you can find a good paid internship somewhere, please post that for us. Perhaps people here could even help you get that job. Otherwise, it seems like you are saying you just went to companies with your poor quality work and told them to hire you so you can be good enough to earn your keep. Really amazed no one wanted to meet you after that?

Maybe it was your attitude towards the white people you contacted?

Posted by dragnet53 on 03.24.10 2:22 am

yeah, white people think they are superior to everything. it is sad if you ask me.

Can you please share with us some of the jobs you applied for? You do not even have to give the company, just a job title. I am also curious what games PIXAR was working on.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Yes it did. But I had a degree to begin with. I'll give you a timeline.
There is no real limit on this scale because your work can become infinitely better, but let's call it one to ten.

Highschool: my skill level was about a 2.

After my Masters Degree: Skill level was about an 8.0.

Now: Skill level about a 9.0

The minimum level to get into the industry is like a 7.0. And you're just not there. It's that simple dude. You need like 3... 4 more years of practice. And I mean, DAILY practice. And then you'll probably be ready. Trying to break into the industry where you are is just a waste of valuable time.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by MrSensible]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSensible

SO it took yo a master's degree to get into the field? I have noticed on some companies requests that a bachelor's is required. That is at minimum. I have taken an internship already and they loved my work. They were white as well, but they were not in the gaming industry and they were medical. I got an A on my internship.

This is why I can only handle people in short bursts. GOD bless george carlin.

wait if I am racist towards only white I shouldn't like white comedians!!!

LMFAO!!!

[edit on 6-7-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

No. I didn't NEED a MFA, I just decided to get one over a BFA. As a result I got a better job with a higher starting salary.

The point is. I was nowhere near ready out of highschool, and neither are you.

I don't know what kind of internship you're talking about already having. But you have to get an internship in a related field. I couldn't get an internship at a movie studio and use that to apply for a video games job. It's just not the same.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

every gaming industry on the west coast and a few in Texas.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

horse sh~~! Not the same? Same production level and pace as the gaming industry.

I have done my research. The only difference is gaming industry has programmers and medical doesn't. oh yeah and the medical industry requires a lot of research.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. I think I'd know a little better than you. Movies and games are getting closer together, but they are still very different. Even a person who works at Pixar or Dreamworks would have to take specialization courses before they could get a job at Bioware or Epic or something

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The environment might be different but it is all the same. if they are looking for a 3d artist on their job posting then it is just like medical industry posts looking for a 3d artist.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The environment might be different but it is all the same. if they are looking for a 3d artist on their job posting then it is just like medical industry posts looking for a 3d artist.

You keep saying "medical". What the hell are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

BTW I know you are searching for more "racist" comments of mine. If you want to know what type of personality I have it is a mix between George Carlin and George Lopez.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

what you don't know there are different types of 3D industry?

medical
architectural
games
movies

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I bet they didn't even read my signature as well and it is from Albert Einstein!

Wait he is white!

LOL

I look up to that man!

His lifestyle was almost identical to mine.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

what you don't know there are different types of 3D industry?

medical
architectural
games
movies

Okay, making pre-rendered movies is SO vastly different from making a real-time game, they're practically different fields. Colleges even offer special degrees nowadays SPECIFICALLY for VG simply because the fields are so different.

When making a movie, you can use as high of a poly count as you need, as much lighting, tons of filters and render effects, mental ray, Super High resolution textures, etc. etc.

When you make a video game, you need to consider your polygon budget, bake normal maps for characters, limit your texture resolutions, simplify keyframes, etc. etc.

It's a whole different way of going about things. You can't just slap a mesh-smooth onto something and say "Der, looks good, moving on".

It all boils down to one thing: Your portfolio is too weak to enter the games industry.

It's that frigging simple. If you can't wrap your head around that fact, then perhaps you should consider a different job like shoe-salesman.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

reply to post by evil incarnate

every gaming industry on the west coast and a few in Texas.

I believe what I asked was for something specific. I could have said what you just said. Show us something.

Why do you really just expect us to agree with you when you offer us no reason to believe you have any idea what you are talking about. Show us a job posting. Show us quotes from these game sites explaining how they are looking to pay amateurs to gain skills on their dime.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join