It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caught heading into tornado. Amazing footage *Video*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
As a private pilot and having flown through storms in a small single engined craft.

It is not fun. You really are in gods hands, for the wind currents are overwhelming.

The trajectory is way too straight and exact to be that of a bird especially under the meteorological conditions.

Birds are buffeted by wind currents just as aircraft are.
We are looking at a tornado forming which would consist of very strong rotational wind currents.

Very difficult to fly a plane in or nearby. Let alone a bird.

The analyst also mentioned the speed, presumably calculated at 29 frames/second as being between 9 and 16 thousand miles per hour.

A tad fast for most birds IMA.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by nh_ee]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I am now listening to sound.

Where is this report? Can someone provide it please?

So far, its just his claims, right? He hasnt provided any evidence of this?So we only his word to go on, right?

"We did not see this while filming" Yet it was 30 feet long at 500-700 feet and he didnt see it? 9000 mph and didnt hear or feel it?
Yeah right.

I still see birds flapping. Plain as day when you slow it down.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on July 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The report is around 5:30 into the video.

Second line not commenting on unsavoury post edits *ahem*.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Nice of you to partake of the whole video before spouting out the standard "its a bird"

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

I would really like to know how the expert came to the conclusion that the object in question was flying 9000 miles per hour! If we can somehow get a hold of this information we can much better analyze the situation and come to the most correct conclusion!

Thanks very much for the thread! Very interesting!

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
TORNADO!!! Looks like a bird flying by fairly close to the camera. Some people always make a "hen out of a feather" out of videos like this one, which is interesting in itself.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

According to the guy in the video;

Again, I wish it were a "small scared white bird." But another video and a photograph was shot that captured this event as well. And they were taken from a combined two miles away by other storm chasers. One that worked for KOCO channel 5 in Oklahoma City, and another freelance hobby chaser.

Windchasercom 1 year ago

and

Its because of the other two pieces of event evidence that we were able to triangulate the object on video. That is how Skeet Vaughn and Bruce Maccabbee where able to come up with the size, distance, altitude and speed of the object.

Windchasercom 1 year ago

also

I'm looking for funding to produce a full documentary on the event.. No luck as of yet but we have a few nibbles. Yes, we investigated that question with the FCC who were very helpful. Nothing was on radar at the time in that area of OK. As far as we can tell, no one who captured this image on camera saw it with the naked eye. The still image shows almost the same view as the tape I shot.  The shutter speed was slower than the video so it appears as a streak.

I meant to say F.A.A. not FCC.. heh

Windchasercom 1 year ago

Hmm, interesting. I'd love to see the other evidence!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimstradamus

Nice of you to partake of the whole video before spouting out the standard "its a bird"

Oh please. I watched/listened to the whole video. It mattered not in regards to the object we are to be looking at. His claims are just claims and nothing more unless someone can provide the alledged document that he has.

Listening was pointless. It provided nothing of value to the object. I care about the object.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It's a beastie close to the camera in my opinion. Or a bird. But I'll go with beastie.

link   
good video, IMO. wish i could see that report from marshall space flight center, but this is how a UFO video should be presented. believable background story, more than 30 sec long, and (as far as we know, if he is to be believed) verification by a professional film analyst of the dimensions and speed.

sure, i can see some "variances" in its shape if i pause and play, but it doesnt LOOK like a bird flapping its wings anymore than it LOOKS like a flying saucer, and it is definately not "obvious" either way so, technically, id say UFO.

definitely well presented, and really im all about that. also, its more believable to me just for the fact that you didnt hear someone say "OMG DID YOU SEE THAT?" and then immediately see the camera get shaky and turn off.

link   
Another aspect of the Bird theory is that animals are very sensitive to barometric pressure, especially very low pressure systems inherent to tornadoes.

Having grown up in the midwest, If you have ever been near a tornado system, you can actually feel the low pressure, which causes almost a mild headache.

That and the greenish hue of the clouds always alerted us to a tornado.

Birds are excellent navigators and their natural ability to sense these pressure changes would also make me suspect as to why it would fly so close to a forming tornado system.

Remember that Animals aren't stupid ! Especially when it comes to survival.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by nh_ee]

link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

"We did not see this while filming" Yet it was 30 feet long at 500-700 feet and he didnt see it? 9000 mph and didnt hear or feel it?
Yeah right.

Would you be able to see something traveling at upto 16,000 MPH that was only 30ft long and at a distance? We cant even see a bullet in flight with the naked eye, never mind this madness. And you wouldn't hear it because it's a UFO and UFO's by their very nature seem to flaunt the laws of physics. This wasn't a jet travelling at 16,000 MPH, it was an Object from god knows where.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Listening was pointless.

It usually is when you have already made up your mind

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just noticed that there's another topic on ATS discussing this video:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm going through it now to see what was said there...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Goathief]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am no Mod, I am just Guessing. But ...he who thinks this is a bird is indeed blinded by something. There is no way a bird can do that. no way. let alone be able to do it without dropping bird crap. i did not see bird crap in the video...

Can the mod,slow it down enough to see the bird crap to?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Thanks for the response!

So they determined the speed of the object by triangulating three different 'capturings' of the object in question? Very interesting! This makes sense to me. The math could be wrong, but an expert getting it wrong does not feel likely.

I would very much like to see the other video and the other photograph from the two other sources who saw the object! Maybe I can investigate this myself and come up with my own conclusion with my own evidence to support it.

Thanks again for the response!

Kind regards.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Hitotsumami]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Where is this report? Can someone provide it please?

So far, its just his claims, right? He hasnt provided any evidence of this?So we only his word to go on, right?

Yeah right.

I still see birds flapping. Plain as day when you slow it down.

I think you are mistaking the effects of interlaced video for a flapping wings. All I see when playing and pausing from 4:00 is interlacing. Plus the poor quality of the compressed video uploaded to youtube doesn't help identifying it from our position. The video experts who analysed the footage had the raw footage I'm sure and so could judge size and speed more accurately. And they sure as hell would've noticed if it was a bird.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

As a scientist, i am glad you are not my supervisor
We know of course per today that extra terrestrials exist and no longer a big topic, but back in 97 with our equipment then this was pretty darn good. After scanning the tape we knew that this was an aircraft.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The speed of sound at sea level is 768 mph, and at 29 frames per second which is what they are basing the speed of the UFO upon at between 9 and 16 thousand miles per hour.

It is flying considerably faster than the sound it would make IF it were making sound.

Next time you see lightning and count off the time until you hear the sound of the thunder, you can deduct as to whether the storm is approaching or departing.

Regardless of bird or whatever, it is an Unidentified Flying Object !!

Plain and simple, Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You guys are not up to date i understand.

If you watched the news lately the public has been informed and also will be shown alot of evidence the last 18 months about extra terrestrials.

They are no news for the government and the people working with this, but for the PUBLIC this has been a pretty much "classified" field of information.

This video was scanned by the governement(scientists) and checked with high tech equip to scan length ect. So this was a very popular and good video in 97, no hoax about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join