It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caught heading into tornado. Amazing footage *Video*

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hell it could have been some storm chasers remote airplane or debris.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
Final Summation:

1) Blurry inconclusive ball of light UFO video #12,334,089 posted on ATS.

2) OP gets 15 minutes of fame.

3) Not amazing.

#'s 2 & 3 were a little mello-dramatic and sorta unneccesary.

number 1 was funny & relevent to discussion, i think

thanks for sharing,
ET

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
AWesome footage op. this type of orb whiteish ufo is seen a lot reflection of background is why they are hard to see ,ive seen one or two in the last few years ,I followed one in my car with misses,Ive seen them stop and hover then start of again certain cloudy days with light and dark clouds with a little sun seam to catch them or clear blue sky days,if it was night time ,well then i reckon they reflect black or dark when they increase power or power up they appear orange before blinking out to god knows were maybe a dimesion slip tec.
Just my personal theory ,or way to deal with them.
LIke the cult film prisoner, they appear then disappear, maybe they was hinting at something back then ,prisoner with Patrick McGoohan,
maybe they keep an eye on us and will never land as that will ruin the experiment,food for thought

[edit on 7/2/2010 by dashar]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
ETA: Grabbing screen shots probably wont help. As the object is so tiny. You just have to hit puase many times and watch frame by frame starting around 4:00. If you do this, you can see the wings flapping.

i was unaware anyone had ever proven ufos can't have flapping wings?

i've seen videos of birds swimming at great depths.

i bet a fish might think it was a uso.

pleasentries,
ET

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
OK, I've watched the video. THE ENTIRE VIDEO.

Notes:

-I applaud the op for bringing this to our attention...as much net-surfing as I do I was surprised I hadn't seen or heard of this till now. This is one of the reasons why I like ATS - don't know where else I would've found this.

-While waiting intensely for the object to appear, at about 3 mins in my immediate thought was..."please tell me they're not talking about that bird that just flew by"...alas...

-In summary, kudos to the op for relaying this info to us. Like I said, this is what I come here for, hoax or not, debunked or proven, without his enthusiasm, we wouldn't have the opportunity to argue one way or other.

I feel for the storm chaser who filmed this. It seems he became so engrossed in what he thought he had he lost his job. Seems he was talked into believing this by over-eager wishful thinkers who didn't have as much to lose. Shame he didn't see with his eyes.

I have no doubt in any way shape or form that this is anything but a bird. The actual flapping of the wings was evident from view one. Almost (and I fear absolutes) indisputable to my experienced eye.

And finally:

Originally posted by ReeVeeR reply to post by greeneyedleo

But the broadcast quality footage of this video was analyzed by the Marshall Space Flight Center, and what they said was that this object was 30ft long, 18ft thick, flying at an altitude of 500-700ft and travelling at 9-16,000 MPH. You're basically saying that the experts at Marshall Space Flight Center are wrong on that? ...

I will eat every last word if you can show me that documentation from Marshall SFC.

If this report exists, it:

in itself would have turned the entire UFO community on it's ear

would mean that NASA itself confirmed the existence of UFOs

Would have provided the Disclosure team the Coup de Gras

would mean we all wouldn't be here everyday still looking for a smoking gun.

That would be kinda like, umm, a really big deal. But noone's heard of it and it was only done like, 13 years ago?

CDS

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

holy crap! is that Bob Lazar?

Anybody who can see and has studied Ufology for more than 20 minutes knows thats Steven Greer.

Holy Crap! is that Dr. J. Allen Hynek?

0.tqn.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Im not saying that i know what it is or anything but when was the last time you saw that or something like that on a video? If it was an insect or a bird you would surely see this alot, considering all the videos that are made and put on the internet today if thats how insects or birds came out then it would be a common fact and you wouldnt get loads of videos that show these orbs as unidintified.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Holy Crap! is that Dr. J. Allen Hynek?

0.tqn.com...

Or is Dr. J. Allen Hynek really disguised as...

THIS GUY

YOU decide...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
K - I got 18 frames of this thing, a little zoomed in. If you want me to post them OP, or GEL, let me know. I was on the side of bird as well, but - I can't really conclude anything..... you guys can fight it out amongst yourselves....

Test - media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=list_photos&album_id=9028

K - see if you can view it this way. A couple are out of order, sorry...
[edit on 7/2/2010 by hhcore]

[edit on 7/2/2010 by hhcore]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I would suggest that everyone read the thread linked here (below) - a previous discussion. Also pay attention to what was posted by Valhall who actually interviewed the person filming this and making the claims. I find it very relevant to the entire picture.

Originally posted by Goathief
Just noticed that there's another topic on ATS discussing this video:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm going through it now to see what was said there...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Goathief]

[edit on July 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Interesting. Very interesting.

It wasn't the USAF ... there was no sonic boom from it. And you would be able to hear a jet.

I want to say it might be one of those huge spotlights but even then, it doesn't look like it.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

That and the greenish hue of the clouds always alerted us to a tornado.

I sometimes notice a yellowish mustard hue. That's when I know for certain that we're about to get hammered.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by noisemedia

Starting at 4:00 start hitting pause for every second - as the object goes thru the field of view. You will see that it is a bird flapping its wings. You have to view it this way (very slow, frame by frame) in order to see this.

Yeah...I can see that now... I will admit I got all excited for a minute there.

Is no one else seeing this?

If you look at its size in relation to how fast it is traveling, there is no way that it is a bird, unless it was shot out of a shotgun.

The insect theory is the only one that comes even potentially close to being possible, and I would be likely to go with that one for one simple reason.

Humans detect motion before any other type of visual stimulus. If it had passed right through their field of focus, like it appears to do if it is a large object far off, they would've been likely to have noticed it.

Since they didn't, you can make one of three conclusions. It was not at their field of focus and was therefore much closer (i.e. an insect) or it was not in a visual spectrum of light that is easily discernible to the naked eye but is after recording it on tape or HD, and or all of the viewers happened to not detect the motion at the time.

The first is probable, the second is fanciful and not as likely as an insect, and the third is possible considering how quickly it passed the screen and would seem to be about as likely as an insect but an insect being a less fanciful possibility would IMO be the more reasonable conclusion.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It's amazing that these things are flying over our heads every day. Hurry up and reveal yourselves already!!! (talking to the drivers of UFOs)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I watched it, I saw it. It's not a UFO or any sort of metallic craft. It looks like a moth or insect, or even a bird.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It is clearly a bird. You can see the wings flapping if you watch in slow motion - or frame by frame. It is so obviously a bird, I cant even believe the people uploaded this claiming UFO.

I will try and get some screen captures up.

ETA: Grabbing screen shots probably wont help. As the object is so tiny. You just have to hit puase many times and watch frame by frame starting around 4:00. If you do this, you can see the wings flapping.

You clearly didn't watch the whole video because It gives you specifications of the UFO.

Specs:
30ft Long
18ft Thick
9000-16000 mph
(These are all estimates, of course)

Now the fastest bird in the world is the Peregrine Falcon clocked @ 200mph @ diving speed, and 70mph just flying. Now seeing as It deffo wasn't a peregrine Falcon (don't live in taht habitat and don't fly near tornadoes for obivous reasons) I can tell you it wasn't a bird.

Also, the video was looked at by an expert video analyst, so I'm guessing the specifications for this object aren't wrong... so... just saying... It wasn't no bird, no matter what you say and no matter how many time you take "Print Screens" of the paused video.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

Originally posted by noisemedia

Starting at 4:00 start hitting pause for every second - as the object goes thru the field of view. You will see that it is a bird flapping its wings. You have to view it this way (very slow, frame by frame) in order to see this.

Yeah...I can see that now... I will admit I got all excited for a minute there.

Is no one else seeing this?

If you look at its size in relation to how fast it is traveling, there is no way that it is a bird, unless it was shot out of a shotgun.

The insect theory is the only one that comes even potentially close to being possible, and I would be likely to go with that one for one simple reason.

Humans detect motion before any other type of visual stimulus. If it had passed right through their field of focus, like it appears to do if it is a large object far off, they would've been likely to have noticed it.

Since they didn't, you can make one of three conclusions. It was not at their field of focus and was therefore much closer (i.e. an insect) or it was not in a visual spectrum of light that is easily discernible to the naked eye but is after recording it on tape or HD, and or all of the viewers happened to not detect the motion at the time.

The first is probable, the second is fanciful and not as likely as an insect, and the third is possible considering how quickly it passed the screen and would seem to be about as likely as an insect but an insect being a less fanciful possibility would IMO be the more reasonable conclusion.

Jaden

I'm quoting myself here and recanting my previous statement that it is likely a bug....

If you follow the angle of entry into the field of view and angle of exit from the field of view, it couldn't possibly be close enough to the camera to be either a bug or a bird. The reason is the difference in size, there is almost no difference in size from the moment it enters the field of view to the time it exits the field of view.

If it were close enough to the camera to be either a bird or a bug, the angle of approach or rather decline from the camera would preclude that it be reduced in size dramatically.

One additional thing is that it does NOT go across the entire screen, it goes into the clouds of the storm a little before it goes off camera and as it enters the clouds it appears to get LARGER in size, indicating a difraction of a light source by the water laden clouds.

I would have to go with UFO on this one, not saying alien spaceship, saying unidentifiable flying object. Moving at the speeds likely indicated by the nasa analyst.

Jaden

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Masterjaden]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It is not a bird. I cant believe some people think this. Now, its possible that its an insect close to ther camera, thats what im thinking. Really! some people are so blinded by there de-bunking beliefs. Even the people asking for the evidence of the study done on the footage, if it is true, and it was studied by respected experts, do you think the de-bunkers would hold there hands up and say "ok, i was wrong" I dont think so!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This looks like the same type of thing the guys from ATS caught on film when they went to the Gilliand Ranch. I don't remember them ever being able to prove what it was. Although, I thought they did prove it was not an insect or a bird.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

thats an awful big BUG that PASSES right through the clouds...wrong.
Have a nice day (second line)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join