It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pensacola Beach Hides Oil Beneath Sand!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

It doesn't surprise me that BP would have this done.

But those are some low life # driving the equipment burying the oil. Americans? I don't claim them. There's got to be a law against this.

Someone needs to catch them in the act with video and witnesses.

I wonder if the Governor of Florida knows about this.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I still see NOTHING in that article,or any other article on the company that shows that this would actually work, though.

They are a for-profit company getting free publicity, and looking to get a big, juicy government and/or BP contract for something that may only work in theory. I suspect that is the REAL reason why BP hasnt accepted their 'help'. It's not like they are offering to do this for free!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Hundreds of bags of oil-stained beach sand sit waiting to be spread into a disposal cell in Baldwin County on Friday, July 2, 2010.

blog.al.com...

He noted that the bagged waste was going in with the regular household waste. Workers also prepared a site for bulk loads of contaminated sand, Ransom said.

He said that bulk sand would be kept separate, "stockpiled on top of a lined cell."

"We are hoping we can remediate it later," Ransom said.

I think waste managment needs to be looked into more in depth. They seem to have made a deal with BP to get rid of the oil cleanup debri and are doing nothing more than putting it in our landfills. Now if BP was doing that themselfs digging a hole and dumping waste in it we would be throwing a fit. Waste Managment got the deal due to there bio cleanup expertise not becuase they already had a hole to put it in.

I think we are running into a Studebaker type event with large corporations. They say they have expertise in getting oil and expertise in cleaning up oil when they have none whats so ever or are so limited in the amount they can do that the job is to big for them, but they still sell you there expertise at a higher cost and the government makes you buy from them due to there fictious expertise. BP and now Waste Managment both fit that bill.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Put oily sand in a plastic bag.

Put bagged oil/sand into a bigger landfill sized plastic bag.

Cover with fill.

=

Endlager?

I'm confused.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Waste Management is not supposed to be disposing of this stuff in the landfill. BP is paying Waste Management for Bioremediation where the oil is removed from sand,booms, etc etc then put in a landfill. There is a difference. Read the below page from Waste Management Bioremediation webpage.
www.wm.com...

But a representative at the oil spill Joint Information Center in Mobile said Friday that the waste was being sent strictly to landfills capable of reprocessing the oil. The representative gave only his first name, Chris.

epa.gov...
Page 5 of this pdf says oil should be collected from waste for reprocessing befor going in the landfill.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Exemption of Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Wastes from Federal Hazardous Waste Regulations

Exempt E&P Wastes
Produced water
Drilling fluids
Drill cuttings
Rigwash
Drilling fluids and cuttings from offshore operations disposed of onshore
Geothermal production fluids
Hydrogen sulfide abatement wastes from geothermal energy production
Well completion, treatment, and stimulation fluids
Basic sediment, water, and other tank bottoms from storage facilities that hold product and exempt waste
Accumulated materials such as hydrocarbons, solids, sands, and emulsion from production separators, fluid treating vessels, and production impoundments
Pit sludges and contaminated bottoms from storage or disposal of exempt wastes
Gas plant dehydration wastes, including glycol-based compounds, glycol filters, and filter media, backwash, and molecular sieves
Workover wastes
Cooling tower blowdown
Gas plant sweetening wastes for sulfur removal, including amines, amine filters, amine filter media, backwash, precipitated amine sludge, iron sponge, and hydrogen sulfide scrubber liquid and sludge
Spent filters, filter media, and backwash (assuming the filter itself is not hazardous and the residue in it is from an exempt waste stream)
Pipe scale, hydrocarbon solids, hydrates, and other deposits removed from piping and equipment prior to transportation
Produced sand
Packing fluids
Hydrocarbon-bearing soil
Pigging wastes from gathering lines
Wastes from subsurface gas storage and retrieval, except for the non-exempt wastes listed on page 11
Constituents removed from produced water before it is injected or otherwise disposed of
Liquid hydrocarbons removed from the production stream but not from oil refining
Gases from the production stream, such as hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide, and volatilized hydrocarbons
Materials ejected from a producing well during blowdown
Waste crude oil from primary field operations
Light organics volatilized from exempt wastes in reserve pits, impoundments, or production equipment

www.epa.gov...

So I guess we know why BP and the government says theres nothing hazardous about the spill. There exempt.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
today, july 13th, 2010 on the pensacola local news, i just saw them try to explain the reason you can find tar and tar balls just a couple inches under the sand is because the machinery they were using was not the right type of machinery, and due to this the tar was " pressed down underneath the sand " ( their words not mine ) they then showed a clip of a large bull dozer moving accross the beach sand as if to reinforce that such a heavy peice of equipment would surely be pressing oil and tar balls into the soft sand...

DON"T BELEIVE THOSE LIES

i have seen them with shovels burying the tar, along with dozers moving more sand on top of tar in the more frequently visited areas

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join