It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pensacola Beach Hides Oil Beneath Sand!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I say we get an army of photographers with really good telephoto lenses and take as many pictures still and video.. at night while they are doing this.. have a few feeds go out live on the Internet.. and when these security guys come running to kick out all 200 people what a tale that will tell.

Strength in numbers and video cant go wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yeah, they cover it up. Say things are taken care of without the help of outsiders. Then people believe it, go out to those beaches a year from now, enjoy their day and ignorantly let the kids PLAY in the SAND.

Folks need to keep it up with the videos, get PRROF of BP doing things, and even later it can be used against them as it should.

I am still furious about how a bunch of other countries offered to help with their technology, and BP turned them away.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Even, even if I say the person was unintentionally misinformed, and the heavy equip was raking the beach...it still is failing to remove 100% the oil, from what I see in the second vid!

There will be no quick return to those white pristine beaches, especially in time for the 4th of July weekend. If the leftover residue (even from raking) is covered up, well, they might as well use kitty litter, 'cause there would still be an oily residue under the layer.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganja
Yeah it does tend to filter down.. and then stay there.

oceanservice.noaa.gov...

The link is to a site about the Exxon Valdez spill, and they dug down a bit into the beach and there was still oil there. I am wondering how likely it is to get into the water table..

would not off effected us as bad.... until they added corexit. Now wait till that gets into the local water.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Doesn't look like they're burying it all.

What it looks like, is they have pushed the contaminated sand up from the shoreline into a windrow.

The next step will be to pick it up.

More stupid fear mongering.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

actually, it's not just fear mongering, the original post is a CNN ireport of someone claiming they are just burrying the tar under sand
i live in the area and can testify they are picking up and bagging amounts of tar that are too large to cover up easily, but mainly they are bull dozing sand over most of the tar balls

i assume this is because the tar balls are very small, and would be too numerous to pick up by hand, or at least it would take too long and be too much of an effort rather than just burrying them in sand

it's been raining for a number of days at pensacola beach but i can say that as of last week they were definitely just burrying most of the tar balls under sand as a cosmetic fix

[edit on 6/30/2010 by indigothefish]

[edit on 6/30/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Chez

Good post!

BP are the ones who are at fault, it is not any of the eastern or gulf states or any other country who is to blame, the British Government are just as guilty for failing to prevent BP doing this as the US Government are. BP are a disgusting company who should be dissolved after all this, and their assets used to clean the mess up.

You are right.

But they won't be because BP, like many corporations are above the "law".

[edit on 30-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

massive sheets of oil remained buried in the sand.

Just to clarify, do you think that bit you have in bold means they 'buried' it, or it is buried? Because i read it as is remains buried, where it is on the beach, not that 'they' buried it.[] Sand is porous, not solid. When any liquid comes in contact with the beach head, it will sit on top, sink in, and seep up. All three, and many more.

I don't know the answer to that. I do know that Pensacola is a tourist town. I do know that 200,000 tourists are supposed to descend upon the beach for the air show on the 10th. I understand that oil sinks in sand. I do know that Pensacola has a history of rapid clean up of hurricanes on their barrier island with heavy equipment, giving little regard to the migration of the barrier island or changes in dunes, with higher regard given to roads, infrastructure, and hotels. I also know there has been big money spent on beach re-nourishment recently and I also know there is big money in the new "portofino" complex on that beach. I know that the sand cleaning op is occurring at night. I know the beach "looks" clear of oil; and clear-ly that was the goal (will) and nothing more.

It all seems very suspicious to me.

I know that the US has huge fleets of heavy equipment including mega front end loaders and mega dump trucks for the construction of interstate highways. If the money was behind it, every last grain of oily sand could be removed from the beach and sent off for processing in no time.

I know 70 days later... there is a thin coat of white sand over a huge oily mess.

Why? Because of tidal effects? Because someone intentionally buried it?

Truth be told, I lean "dog and pony show" at least 70/30

Sri Oracle

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Doesn't look like they're burying it all.

What it looks like, is they have pushed the contaminated sand up from the shoreline into a windrow.

The next step will be to pick it up.

More stupid fear mongering.

I have to agree with this post. I understand that the large machines are sifting sand out of the top layer, but that is the best they can do, because the oil just keeps seeping down deeper and deeper. Same think happened up in Alaska. They could clean the top surface, top few inches, but you go up there today and there there is still oil on the shore right below the surface.

They have to do it at night because the oil congeals a little a night...it gets liquid in the hot sun in the day. It is easier for the workers to work at night too.

The best hope is to to skim it every day, because every day there is a new a layer of sand from the high tide. But I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

and again, i wasnt saying they arent burying it. common sense dictates that of course they would, for all the reasons you list above. I was just pointing out that the video in the OP isnt 'evidence' of them burying oil. I dont think the guy who made the video was lying. i think he was just like so many here who make bold pronouncements but fall short on the ol evidence part. oil underneath the sand is not evidence of anything but oil underneath the sand, which everyone should already know.

i would think at least one person could go outside at night at get video, yes?

regardless of 'evidence', no one should be surprised that 'they' are doing this. i just take exception with the misguided guy who made the video.

I know that the US has huge fleets of heavy equipment including mega front end loaders and mega dump trucks for the construction of interstate highways. If the money was behind it, every last grain of oily sand could be removed from the beach and sent off for processing in no time.

Dude. No, 'every last drop of sand' can NOT be removed fromt he beach. and even IF they could, that is not a good idea. And besides, what would be the POINT of that when there is still more oil coming every day for the forseable future?

There are no simple solutions. There is no magic cleanup. The gulf is covered in oil, and will be for a long time. There is no government conspiracy to not clean up the beach. "Government' is not a magical entity. it is still governed by the same laws of reality the rest of us must abide by.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The gulf is covered in oil, and will be for a long time. There is no government conspiracy to not clean up the beach. "Government' is not a magical entity. it is still governed by the same laws of reality the rest of us must abide by.

I guess I'm just not impressed with the level of professionalism, nor with the breadth, scope, and magnitude of the clean up operation, nor with the man power or resources allocated.

If we can put together a fleet of CAT heavy equipment to plow flat highways 1000's of miles through mountains and over rivers...

better...

If we can put 200,000 troops in Afghanistan to install a puppet government... why can't we have 200,000 troops on the gulf coast cleaning up oil?

Why can't we cart off the top 8" of oil sands for processing, process the sand... and cart it back?

This cleanup operation lacks leadership and vision.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

[

I guess I'm just not impressed with the level of professionalism, nor with the breadth, scope, and magnitude of the clean up operation, nor with the man power or resources allocated.

If we can put together a fleet of CAT heavy equipment to plow flat highways 1000's of miles through mountains and over rivers...

better...

If we can put 200,000 troops in Afghanistan to install a puppet government... why can't we have 200,000 troops on the gulf coast cleaning up oil?

Why can't we cart off the top 8" of oil sands for processing, process the sand... and cart it back?

I really dont see how the comparison makes any sense. Yes, government can build roads. How does that mean they can clean up an entire beach that continues to be covered in oil?

And only 8 inches down? You really think that would do it? The oil is FAR deeper down than 8 inches.

And what about the oil that will continue to wash up on the beach for the next few months? You want 'the government" to do that every day for the next few months or years so that you can have a sparkly beach for tourism?

I agree that is is frustrating to see 'nothing' being done, and i understand that many of us are conditioned to believe 'government' can do anything and everything but obviously they cant. The people 'cleaning' up the Pensacola beach are obviously doing what they can with an impossible situation. There is no magic method to make the beach clean. If there was, there wouldnt STILL be oil on the beaches from the Exxon Valdez spill.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

And what about the oil that will continue to wash up on the beach for the next few months? You want 'the government" to do that every day for the next few months or years so that you can have a sparkly beach for tourism?
[]
The people 'cleaning' up the Pensacola beach are obviously doing what they can with an impossible situation. There is no magic method to make the beach clean. If there was, there wouldnt STILL be oil on the beaches from the Exxon Valdez spill.

Valdez is still a mess because nobody cares about it. Its remote, cold, and uninhabited. Out of sight out of mind.

Here's a company says they can soak up every last drop of oil before it reaches the beach and without dispersant, endlessly... they say BP can take their time to cap it off. They have a team of PhD's and a 5 star british general on payroll.

ULTRA GREEN VIDEO

This can be fixed. The oil can be cleaned up.

I see incompetence and greed standing in the way.

Your thoughts?

Sri Oracle

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
For oil already on the beach,

here's another machine .

The membrane idea is good, for oil that reaches the surface. The problem is the undersea plume. Of course, the problem is the uncapped well.

When we went to the moon, there had been intense govt spending and leadership for the space program. (That was back at a time when paying taxes was viewed as being patriotic, just the opposite today.) There was intense planning, research, and development, and safety was a concern.

Fast forward to the war in Iraq, where it was done on the cheap with inadequate planning, and no one wanted to pay for the damn thing!

The GOM was a catastrophe waiting to happen, with no credible, actionable plans either to drill safely or clean up a leak. Govt rubberstamped a corporate plan, which is where we're at in this day and age.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I just watched the video... where's his evidence they just covered up with sand?

I mean, i can believe it, but all he is showing is a beach with some evidence of tractor work. One could also speculate that they just drove along and scraped off the top layer of oil. Shouldn't he maybe push some sand aside to expose a HUGE layer of oil underneath? All he shows are tire tracks.

And besides, oil doesnt just sit on the top of the sand, it filters down through the layers as it is washed up on shore.

Here's a vid from Grand Isle that shows dumped sand. It's on this link
You can even see where the dumped sand is a different color and texture.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

[]
The people 'cleaning' up the Pensacola beach are obviously doing what they can with an impossible situation. There is no magic method to make the beach clean. If there was, there wouldnt STILL be oil on the beaches from the Exxon Valdez spill.

Valdez is still a mess because nobody cares about it. Its remote, cold, and uninhabited. Out of sight out of mind.

Here's a company says they can soak up every last drop of oil before it reaches the beach and without dispersant, endlessly... they say BP can take their time to cap it off. They have a team of PhD's and a 5 star british general on payroll.

ULTRA GREEN VIDEO

This can be fixed. The oil can be cleaned up.

I see incompetence and greed standing in the way.

Your thoughts?

Sri Oracle

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

Seems like a neat idea. After doing a search of the company, all i come up with is your link, so it's hard to know if the numbers he is throwing out are real or not, or if the product is real. but it sure would be nice if it worked.

I'd like to see the numbers actually worked out in front of me to know if this theory could actually work.

My own opinion is this is a massive 'leak/spill' that no one knows how to deal with. I personally dont buy the theory that anyone is 'allowing' this to happen, although i do see the logic behind some of the theories. But i cant see any economic or political end being worth the long term damage this will do to the region. It's already a scar on the Obama admin, a terrible PR snafu for BP, and will hurt the economy of that region for years.

Personally, i think the reality is there is nothing that can deal with a spill this size that shows no signs of letting up. i suspect they have no desire to waste resources on ideas that will fall short, and are waiting to see how to deal with this the best they can.

My beef is that the media and government arent telling anyone anything, and it is making the public ask more and more ungrounded questions. It also makes me suspect it is VERY BAD because they maybe hoping they dont have to send everyone into a panic.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Burning turtles, covering crude sludged beaches with a veneer of sand & spraying dispersants on oil slick so it will sink & they can deny that as many Exxon Valdezes of oil spilled as actually did.

BP is now guilty of capital crimes.

Shoot on sight. Bounty paid, dead or alive. You are a patriot & a hero.

What happens to these criminals can't be spoken of, and take their families with them, it could be genetic & we have too many people anyway.

Inconceivably evil.

And virtually all of the US government is helping them perpetrate this environmental atrocity & treason.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Seems like a neat idea. After doing a search of the company, all i come up with is your link, so it's hard to know if the numbers he is throwing out are real or not, or if the product is real.

Did you find this PRESS RELEASE?Ultra Green news release 6/24

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

That's not an article. It's a press release on their own website!

this is a second line.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

That's not an article.

CNBC Article

Dated the following day.

Sri Oracle

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join