It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Rangers reportedly arrest Candi Cooper outside Austin home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Texas Rangers reportedly arrest Candi Cooper outside Austin home

trueslant.com

The wife of former Texas drug cop Barry Cooper has been arrested, according to a phone call I just received.

Cooper claimed that a woman knocked on their door and told his wife Candi that she’d ran into their vehicle and wanted to exchange insurance information. However, when she stepped outside officers were allegedly waiting in the wings with handcuffs.

“This is so #ed up dude, the Texas Rangers are outside my home right now trying to figure out what to do,” Barry claimed in a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

It appears that the police are now striking back at Barry Cooper for that famous sting that he set up in Odessa Texas that caught the police raiding a fake "grow house". I've always known in the back of my head that the cops weren't going to let that go. It is an "us against them" type of fight and the cops are definitely "them".

I wonder what charges they are going to get them on and whether they will stick. It's hard for me to believe that a jury wouldn't side with the coopers, though nothing really surprises me any more, especially when it comes to people's stupidity. Anyway, I hope their safe.

--airspoon

trueslant.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
They've been trying to get him on anything they can.

If anything, I hope it brings more attention to the failed drug war.

I wonder how much money they've wasted on Barry Cooper and his family, trying to catch him on something?

I hope he goes to a jury and they laugh "the establishment" right out of court.

Here are a few more quotes from the article...

While he was not arrested at that time, the Texas Rangers had been conducting a further investigation. In that case, officers were tipped off to the alleged grow operation by an anonymous letter left for a local pastor, who turned it over to police.

Making a false report to a police officer is a Class B misdemeanor.

By the definition of anonymous, I wonder how'd they'd ever prove it was Cooper in a court of law?

I’m with Cooper now. He’s sent his kids to stay with friends and plans to vanish for a couple days until his attorney can arrange for an amicable resolution to his arrest warrant. At this moment he’s pacing back and forth in his living room, cursing and smoking, calling as many people as possible to spread the word.

I can confirm that his wife is in Travis County jail.

Cooper showed me a video clip of the Texas Rangers standing outside his apartment in south Austin as he tried to communicate through a window. On the video, an officer wearing a wide-brimmed cowboy hat, a light blue shirt and pressed slacks informed Cooper that the arrest is indeed related to making a false report to a peace officer in Odessa, Texas.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by ImaNutter]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

That sting in Odessa didn't do anything other than flash in the pan.

Yolanda Madden admitted guilt in exchange for time served, quietly under the rug nice and neat. Not another word said.

I live up the road from Odessa. All my friends are in the Midland/Odessa city. They all thought Barry Cooper was a show boater that wasted valuable PD resources. Regardless of what i tell them.

Edit to add: this is a link to a search page for the term "Madden" on a local form from Odessa (you will see where i am a member). It is hosted by the Midland Reporter Telegram, the paper for Midland/Odessa.

www.myopenforum.com...

Enjoy. You will see a couple supporters, and a bunch of non supporters.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

With all do respect, that "sting" was only to show how corrupt the cops are when it comes to things like that. The cops were clearly in the wrong and shouldn't have raided that house.

On a lighter side, you live near Odessa? I have been out there many, many times and in fact, I know a lot people out that way. Nice little town in the middle of nowhere!

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

With all do respect, that "sting" was only to show how corrupt the cops are when it comes to things like that. The cops were clearly in the wrong and shouldn't have raided that house.

On a lighter side, you live near Odessa? I have been out there many, many times and in fact, I know a lot people out that way. Nice little town in the middle of nowhere!

--airspoon

LOL, you must be talking about Midland (although it is trashy by the interstate). Odessa is a dump.

Well...not quite a dump. But getting there quickly. I like to go there for the Thai food. All the Indian doctors at the robust medical center industry that they have (it feeds all the rich oil guys in the area, as well as being a teaching school for Texas Tech's Med school) caused a lot of Thai restaraunts to open.

I agree...the cops there are very crooked. And they are just a shadow of the cops in my hometown. That is why i have such a low opinion of LEO in general...i have been living out here for 30+ years amongst these crooked people.

But the people in Odessa just don't care. They are ultra-right, for the most part. And thus, view the police with awe and admiration.

The rest view the police with complete and utter fear. Who wants to lose their job just because some prickish cop decided to run you in for looking at him funny.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Welll...i edited the wrong post.

Here:

www.myopenforum.com...

This is from a local forum, made up of us locals. It is a search of said forum using the term "Madden". You will see that us that supported what Cooper did are in the few.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I'm gonna ask a question, but I really don't want to get scorched because of it

Living in the South as I do, back "in the day" we had more than our fair share of corruption and such within the small or smallish towns. Yes, there is still some around even today... another thing to lay at the feet of our glorious War on Drug... sorry, I digress. Anyway, back when it was not that uncommon, corruption that is, our state law enforcement agency, S.L.E.D. investigated these departments with a great deal of success and the state Attorney General prosecuted them when SLED found corruption, also with a great deal of success.

Have you contacted your state's equivalent of SLED? If not, it sounds like it really needs to be "put on record." Do the anonymous thing if necessary. Or, since so much of this sort of thing also involves violation of Civil Rights, the FBI. They LOVE stomping on corrupt local yahoos... especially of the "Southern Sort."

I don't know anything about Texas. Spent a long weekend in San Antone about 20 years ago, loved it, but that's about the extent of it. If things are as bad as you have stated a number of times, and I have come to believe they are after "getting to know you a bit better," then something surely needs to be done. There are mechanisms to accomplish this *outside* the local jurisdiction.

There is nothing an honest cop hates more than a dishonest one. It may not be easy to believe that... but it's true.

[OK: Donning my flame retardant suit now..................]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

Oh, i know. And i have known some good cops. But i have been metaphorically spat upon hundreds of times for every 1 decent one i know.

The Rangers know. They have to. If i filed a complaint, i would be one of hundreds. I think most recently it was over a kid who was gunned down in the street. I can't remember details, but i think it was that the cops didn't respond. It was last graduation, 2009.

It was an FBI agent that shot and killed one of the bigger drug dealers (the family owns the local market, not by force but just because that is who everyone uses) over something strange. We were having a gang war between the local family and the Latin Kings, who wanted the territory. The FBI agent, who had been doing some investigative work was apparently oblivious to the turf war. When we went to visit with them in an undercover capacity they thought he was a Latin King. The LK had just killed a couple of family member a few days prior, so this was a flash point. The FBI agent had to break cover to defend himself, and he killed the dude in his front yard.

After that, it was ICE that moved in. They are still around. The local cops do their small time crap and fly under the radar. Or the agents are on the take too. I dunno.

But the head of that family has lived next door to a Deputy for the county sheriff for upwards of 20 years, never once being busted.

What are the Rangers going to do? Get a cut of the action?

Edit to add: i would certainly hope that you won't be "flamed".
That sure isn't my style. At least, not here amongst civilized folk.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

It seems there are a number of different issues... all doing that "happy dance" to make it just generally f'ed up.

Different agencies. Different problems. No doubt each doing that "turf" thing that usually guarantees things remain f'ed up. Toss in [likely - maybe - probably] malfeasance. Oh yeah... that makes for a real happy dance.

It would be far too easy for me to sit here in my quiet and comfortable little corner of the world, divorced from issues such as this, and think that it might just be the problem is too big to address... so they don't. That they exist in a perpetually hostile "war zone" environment and their actions reflect it. And when they do react... it's over reaction. Dunno. But reading your post made me glad I am hidden away in my little corner of the world.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geeky_Bubbe

It seems there are a number of different issues... all doing that "happy dance" to make it just generally f'ed up.

Different agencies. Different problems. No doubt each doing that "turf" thing that usually guarantees things remain f'ed up. Toss in [likely - maybe - probably] malfeasance. Oh yeah... that makes for a real happy dance.

It would be far too easy for me to sit here in my quiet and comfortable little corner of the world, divorced from issues such as this, and think that it might just be the problem is too big to address... so they don't. That they exist in a perpetually hostile "war zone" environment and their actions reflect it. And when they do react... it's over reaction. Dunno. But reading your post made me glad I am hidden away in my little corner of the world.

my oldest son just graduated high school and will be attending Tex. Tech. My youngest is ready to hit the road. The wife is a nurse and can get a job literally anywhere. Once the summer is over, and the oldest is securely tucked away in Lubbock, we will be moving to San Antonio. You have good taste in locations. I consider it "heaven".

Spending my summers, floating the Comal River, checking out the senoritas....yeah. My life is going to be getting a whole lot better soon.
I mean, why NOT live in your favorite vacation spot?

edit to add: now you have me sick for New Braunfels...this is the live feed for the Comal. I watch it when i need a "pick me up".

www.nbtx.net...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Yes, that does sound like heaven

Would you believe that the long weekend I mentioned was just before Christmas and the River was all lit up, our hotel room overlooked the river, just around the corner from the Alamo... It was *beautiful*. It even snowed! Just a dusting mind you, but it was nothing short of *magical*! I'll always remember it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

Magical ain't the word for it when it actually snows in San Antonio. On Christmas at that. That might be witchcraft.

All my friends down there will say, "Your from < insert small West Texas town>? Does it snow there?" Most of them don't recall seeing snow.

I work for a farily large franchised hotel chain. I am sure i will be there by Christmas of this year.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I was born in Odessa... I guess that we lived there long enough for me to be born and my dad to build a gas plant somewhere. The only thing I can think of that is even somewhat memorable was some place called The Forest

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike6158
I was born in Odessa... I guess that we lived there long enough for me to be born and my dad to build a gas plant somewhere. The only thing I can think of that is even somewhat memorable was some place called The Forest

Umm....that was a strip club.

But i suppose it could be memorable.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
"One riot, one Ranger"

I'm a huge fan of the Texas Rangers, imo we need more of them. I'd love to see them work through a crack neighborhood. Y'all can complain all you want, and a few bad apples are in any profession, but when someone makes Ranger they're in a whole different level. They're like Sherlock Holmes mixed with a cool fearless fighter. They're heros in my book. Have any of you ever met one? You feel like you're standing next to the hand of God or something.

Thank God for the Rangers,

STM

[edit on 6/28/2010 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

that gives me direction....thanks....i'm in dallas and that's me...my street smarts could be used somehow after all!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Join the Texas DPS and prove yourself, then maybe if you're really great at your job the Gov will assign you to the Rangers.

Good luck, a worthy goal,

STM

answers.yahoo.com...

www.ehow.com...

[edit on 6/28/2010 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Are you kidding, the Rangers are corrupt scum. I have been reading about them and they have a terrible history.

Do you know how many Texans were cleared by the innocence project.
If the Rangers are so great, how come so many innocent people were convicted of crimes?

Besides, Texas has a very high crime rate - which should say something about the Rangers.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
[

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Daughter2]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join