It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was almost the victim of an Illegal Immigrant (The guy driving behind me was not so lucky)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think they screwed up the scam. If the car had pulled in front of the Mercedes, the Mercedes would be at fault for failing to stop.

I have had poor people in the ghetto standing by signs on the curb attempt to jump on my car. Once, I was fast enough to switch lanes and saw them laying in the street in my rear view mirror.

It's like a lotto winning, they may think. Make the person with the nice car pay. I guess they haven't been through our court system yet, They have never been seriously injured either. Hopefully, they'll experience that soon and stop with the scamming.

It's not unique to illegals.
It's more about being poor.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It's really sad that this section of ATS has turned into an almost stormfront kind of board. Full of xenophobic threads, that spew nothing but retarded assumptions like the OP here.

Just because a person that speaks Spanish fails to produce a drivers license and insurance they are instantly labeled an "illegal alien", I don't know either whether or not the man being discussed in the OP is here legally or illegally but let's not jump to conclusions?

99% of the time it is an illegal alien since here in California, your license plates, insurance and driver's license are cross matched and you need all three or your driver's license is electronically suspended. It is you who are the problem by closing your eyes to reality.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What exactly is the scam?
If it was a Caucasian or any other ethnicity than Mexican you probably wouldn't have even posted this.
As of RIGHT NOW are illegal aliens hurting your life?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

Originally posted by Guidance.Is.Internal
This is an old scam. Illegals were doing this over 10 years ago in California. Sometimes they do it just in order to have an excuse to sue you, other times they'll do a smash n grab. Rear end ya, wait for you to get out, then you get mugged.

Gotta laugh at people falling over themselves to be politically correct. Sheltered little lap dogs who haven't seen it with their own eyes. Just wait until it happens to you. Happened to my parents.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Guidance.Is.Internal]

I know I just asked this but I'm going to ask again because you didn't get the question. Where did you ever get the idea that undocumented immigrants commit crimes at any higher rate than any other group who lives in the US? I've heard word of mouth that the studies have shown undocumented immigrants commit crimes at equal or lower rates than everyone else.

Really. First, the fact that you call people in this country illegally "undocumented workers" speaks volumes. That's like calling a rapist a "practitioner of unwanted sex". Second, you asked whether illegals commit crimes at a rate higher than any other group. Laughable, man. Right off the bat, they're ILLEGAL. That's one crime committed. Putting that one aside, the poorer you are, the more likely you are to commit crimes. And poor they are. Not only that, but the poorer you are, the more likely you are to consume social services. The more likely you are to not be able to pay medical bills. The more likely you are to carry disease. The more likely you are to pay little to no taxes. This isn't rocket science. We're talking about a high risk group of people being given a free pass because of political reasons. The only good thing about illegals is they are a cheap source of labor, which makes goods cheaper for everyone. The hidden costs are rarely discussed, unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The ONLY way this scam could work is if the scammer was rear-ended by the victim. This has been going on for decades in various areas of the country.

How it works: the scammer pulls out into traffic infront of the intended victim and then slams on the breaks with a short distance between the vehicles causing the victim to slam into the scammer. The victim can be found at fault for driving too fast and tail-gating.

I have been t-boned twice (6 months apart) by foreigners. Fortunately, both were cited for "Failure to yield to the right of way" AND they had insured vehicles. But the first one was definitely trying to set me up for various reasons. The second driver who hit me was also cited for driving without a license since she was driving a car registered and insured under her husband's name.

The story posted by the O.P. is not plausible or the driver was too stupid to understand how the laws work to set up his victim as being at fault.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
One Mexican causes the loss of a few hundred dollars and everybody complains.

As Everett Dirksen said, "a billion here, a billion there and pretty soon you start talking about real money."

It adds up.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

You are right about that! A no fault state sucks.. I should know I live in one! Florida is a no fault state!
I got hit head on 2 years ago.. And it was totally their fault, I have 3 eye wittness, she got the ticket, but my insurance still cancled me.. They said it doesnt matter who is at fault.. A wreck is a wreck, and I get stuck like chuck.. No fault is total BS!

IMO it should be illegal for no fault BS to work the way it does..
This whole thing is a BIG scam!
Insurance!!! A HUGE scam in itself!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I didn't read any responses , just the OP...but I have to ask:

What makes you so sure this person was an 'illegal'? There are plenty of uninsured legal residents who pull this same scam.

Did you see proof that they were not here legally? Or did you just see that they were mexican and assume?

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join