It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was almost the victim of an Illegal Immigrant (The guy driving behind me was not so lucky)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
you don't have to be illegal to go through with this scam. You're basically illegal until you prove who you are, but I wouldn't be surprised if the cartel was outsourcing to more organized crime.

the OP has way too much anti-mexican sentiment when I feel it should reflect and be disdainful towards the cartels. Most normal mexican people do not even have the courage to try something this desperate out, let alone be able to get a small policy.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
I don't get the scam. The police report is going to clearly show who was at fault. Just try suing an insurance company. You'll be a bit long in the tooth before you ever see the inside of a court most of the time.

Don't assume criminality when common stupidity seems the most obvious explanation.

I was thinking this too, does jose illegal have a team of lawyers as well?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
I have heard of insurance scams of this sort since insurance became mandatory and it has always been people of a minority race or that and a different nationality....

EDIT: HYPERVIG!
As you will see, I completely misunderstood your post. Embarrassing but serves me right for not reading something through and clarifying before I make a point. I'm sorry about that and for creating a hyperthetical group of racist friends for you (
). Anyway, I'm sure you will understand what I was getting at anyway and hopefully you will agree that there are plenty of people like who I thought you were (but who you definitely aren't.

Apologies mate!
END EDIT.

Or maybe those are the ones you pay attention to, as it re-asserts and affirdms your agenda.

I'm sure you've heard of plenty of scams by people of your own colour and nationality, only you fob them off, excuse them, pay no attention to them or let yourself easily forget them. Where as, when it is done by one of those scary illegal monsters ("grrrr! I don't come from your side of the invisible border! Fear me!!") you make sure you remember it, use it to back up what you have always said and probably embellish it a little.

Although, I suppose you could be part of a group who would comment on a crime by a foreign but nlt bother mentioning the same crime committed by someone of your ethnicity. In the bar with your friends, one of you reading a paper and every now and again you he will tut and speak about the article he's reading, where a Mexican or Muslim has committed some terrible crime.
The paper, though, is full of even worse crimes done by white people of European ancestry, who hold the same kind of passport as you but they didn't seem worth a tut.

Someone, earlier, mentioned this place slowly baring more and more resemblance to Stormfront. Since Obama got in, I think it really, really has!

[edit on 28-6-2010 by triplesod]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Just a short story to say a similar thing happened to my family quite some years back.

We had a rental car and driving in Hawai'i while on vacation. These two big (very big) guys drove up next to us and just crashed right into the side of us! It caused total chaos in the car (mom n sis screaming, you know) but what these guys didn't know is my Dad's an ex stock car racer!! He took one look at them and knew it was a scam and NO WAY he was stopping with his family in the car so he hit the brakes, side-swiped them back, catching their wheel with his. He turned the wheel and ran those jerks right of the road down a 20 foot embankment to an abandoned beach! It was awesome!

In the case of this thread I'm not sure what the alleged hispanic, alleged illegal alien would gain from this but who knows.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I don't get the scam. The police report is going to clearly show who was at fault. Just try suing an insurance company. You'll be a bit long in the tooth before you ever see the inside of a court most of the time.

Don't assume criminality when common stupidity seems the most obvious explanation.

What I tried to get across earlier was that in a no-fault state, everyone's own insurance pays their own medical claims. There is no lawsuit required and no fault need be found for the cause of the accident. Just the claim of the accident is enough. In fault states, even the driver who caused the accident gets medical coverage through his own insurance, even if he was at fault. No lawsuit is required. He would probably be dropped by his insurance company but generally they have no intention of paying beyhond the first month premium anyway.

It is not unusual for a doctor or an attorney to make a donation to the local minority church. In turn, the congregation is advised that if they have an accident, "this clinic" is a good place to go. $500-1000 church contribution can result in 100's of thousands of dollars in benefit referals.

You don't see this happening in established churches in middle class communities. It happens in almost all minority communities. The poorer the community, the more there seems to be sympathy for the scam. Sorry, that is just what I know. And, it happens in almost all minority communities. No one ethnic group is being singled out by me.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This has happened to us though I never considered it a scam.

My husband was working in Memphis, TN and there was traffic on the interstate. He was at a dead stop and was rear ended by a car full of Hispanic men.

They hit our work trailer and destroyed the machines inside the trailer.

My husband went back to make sure everyone was alright and they were. They told him with heavy Spanish accents that they were fine. DH went back to get his insurance info and turned around to walk back to their car. They had abandoned the car and were running up the over pass.

I assume this means they had no insurance and were probably illegal.

From what the insurance people told us, they ran the tag number and traced it back to an older Hispanic gentleman but that the people driving the car had no insurance and they were in touch with immigration regarding the incident. We had to agree to go to court and testify for the insurance company but we were never asked to appear.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yes, illegal immigration is a problem. But, there's a much greater issue here that all should attempt to see and be aware of. There is a chess move happening here on a metamorphosing board.

If we move to secure our boarders, then we effectively lock ourselves in. Don't think that Arizona is doing something that hasn't already been planned by the "Powers that be." Its all a game to get us to beg the government for a solution in which we all created.

Once we lock ourselves inside, when things go out of control, or if martial law gets declared, it will be illegal to try to leave. They will set up parameters of detainment, especially with this mandatory immunization process that they are trying to enforce. They will make it impossible to exit our own country.

We are all being played by a very intelligent opponent, and its important for you to see how this is being set up by our government. As you all beg for something to be done at our borders and Arizona "takes action on a local level," it will serve two functions. No one gets in, and no one gets out.

Be aware of the game.

Namaste and love

[edit on 28-6-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

What I tried to get across earlier was that in a no-fault state, everyone's own insurance pays their own medical claims. There is no lawsuit required and no fault need be found for the cause of the accident. Just the claim of the accident is enough. In fault states, even the driver who caused the accident gets medical coverage through his own insurance, even if he was at fault. No lawsuit is required. He would probably be dropped by his insurance company but generally they have no intention of paying beyhond the first month premium anyway.

Ok, this still does not explain the scam though. What the insurance pays out will be dependent on the coverage the driver has chosen. I don't have medical coverage for myself on my policy as I have Tricare anyway. It would be pointless for me to have it on myself. Furthermore most companies aren't going to cut you a check for those kind of costs. They will want to see your bill and they will pay it to whom you owe.

Considering no one played like they were injured, I just don't get it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It's really sad that this section of ATS has turned into an almost stormfront kind of board. Full of xenophobic threads, that spew nothing but retarded assumptions like the OP here.

Just because a person that speaks Spanish fails to produce a drivers license and insurance they are instantly labeled an "illegal alien", I don't know either whether or not the man being discussed in the OP is here legally or illegally but let's not jump to conclusions?

Oh my - So many stars! It is as if you actually said something valid, almost, even.. Up until this post, I do not actually see anyone agree with the OP, in a hand slapping, cross burning manner.

Well played. Address the points, be altruistic regarding the border breaking appearing citizen (bbac I like to say!!) and demand attention!!

Wander off an have a milo..

Or is that just me?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
don't try to reason why criminals do what they do because most of them are too stupid to know themselves.

crooks have a long history of being idiots. there are several programs aired everyday that exemplify that reality.

... dumb enough to attempt a hair-brained scheme without considering the consequences or developing a legitimate strategy.

let's see, this guy was already dumb enough to drive uninsured and without license.

doesn't sound like he bothered to bring his own witness to support whatever claim.

seems like most folks would have enough sense to NOT drive in a country where they cannot read the road signs, do not know traffic law, or i dunno speak the common language. i could see spanish being the exception because there so many spanish speaking US residents, even the cop in this case. but would he or anyone else have been so lucky in, let's say russia or china? highly doubt it.

lets not be unaware that bilingual individuals have been known to play dumb and "no speaka" when the cops get involved. again, just turn on the tube, and there it is.

i'll agree, it's true, just because you are a crook, doesn't mean you are an illegal alien. but it probably does mean that you are a dumb-@ss.

lets assume for a moment that it was an accident. how thick does one need to be to get into an accident that had just previously been avoided?

this worthy candidate of the darwin award probably actually thought that he was going to get something out of it. and why wouldn't he? it doesn't take a rocket scientist to manipulate the bassackwards legal system. nor to see how the government has been cultivating and coddling illegals.

ok, now let us assume for a moment that the crook is an illegal. well, thats strike one. if he doesn't have any issue with being under the radar in a foreign land, then he probably doesn't give two $hits about any or most other law, and is more than likely ignorant. ignorance of the law doesn't fly for any resident, and has never been an acceptable excuse in the eyes of the police or courts.

even if you don't believe the OP, then at least try to approach it as a "what if" scenario. jeez. someone can't even tell a simple traffic story around here without irrefutable proof of it happening. guess what cynics? this crap happens every day. it's not like it's some far reaching conspiracy.

could have been a gang initiation, or a failed one. in my neck of the woods, crooks that do this are known to let you rear-end them, then as you exit your vehicle you are robbed at gunpoint. in some cases these have turned out to be gang initiations.

turning around and calling the police may have saved a life.

[edit on 28/6/2010 by gravykraken]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by TV_Nation

First, tell me how you knew he was mexican.

Second, tell me how he was going to profit off this if he was the one who ran into the mercedes. In other words, what was the scam?

I don't really get the scam either.. no police officer in their right mind would say it was the Mercedes fault. And no insurance company would ever pay out a claim to the junker. Perhaps the driver of the junker wasn't paying attention or something. And most car insurance plans now come with uninsured driver riders, so the Mercedes can get fixed good as new. Or totaled, sometimes that's even better. I know when I had a car totaled last winter I get paid more than it was even worth. Hey, perhaps the white guy paid the mexican guy to hit him on purpose??

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Ok, this still does not explain the scam though. What the insurance pays out will be dependent on the coverage the driver has chosen. I don't have medical coverage for myself on my policy as I have Tricare anyway. It would be pointless for me to have it on myself. Furthermore most companies aren't going to cut you a check for those kind of costs. They will want to see your bill and they will pay it to whom you owe.

Considering no one played like they were injured, I just don't get it.

Most policies have a maximum payout of $10,000 per person in the car in the accident.

The other issue is that the people do claim they are injured. That is what the doctor confirms, whether they are injured or not. You are thinking like an honest person. This is a scam operation. These people are intentionally causing their own accidents. Then it is easy to find a doctor who can make $9000 by paying out $1000.

It is big business here in the South. I don't know about other parts of the country but it seems logical. Some of these clinics bill out over $1 million per month to the insurance companies. They are investigated.

If the insurance company finds the fraud, they refuse to pay. Then the clinics work in partnerships with some lawyers (many of who know it is a scam) and try to sue the insurance company for bad faith, which can lead to millions in punitive damages. Often the insurance companies just pay the claims adding to our policy cost without risking suit. (About $600 every six months.) Go into any courthouse in the country and you will find attorneys arguing for scam clinics and scam payments. It is a major industry. The insureds, doctors and lawyers are almost always involved in the scam or approach it with a blind eye.

One more thing. The cars these people drive are usually with a salvage title meaning they have been totaled out by the insurance company. Then these cars are put back on the road, and are totaled out again. Many times you will find the same car involved in several accidents.

To reiterate, medical payments do not depend on fault in most states.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Nite_wing]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The other issue is that the people do claim they are injured. That is what the doctor confirms, whether they are injured or not. You are thinking like an honest person. This is a scam operation. These people are intentionally causing their own accidents. Then it is easy to find a doctor who can make $9000 by paying out $1000.

I

That's all well and good, but we are talking about OP. No doctor got called. What scam were they running?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I

That's all well and good, but we are talking about OP. No doctor got called. What scam were they running?

You don't know they didn't go to the doctor. We don't know when they go to the clinic here. They can sometimes wait weeks or months although it is usually quick.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I

You don't know they didn't go to the doctor. We don't know when they go to the clinic here. They can sometimes wait weeks or months although it is usually quick.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

And you don't know that the guy did go to a doctor. So why are we calling a scam here? No one has evidence either way.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Nite_wing

And you don't know that the guy did go to a doctor. So why are we calling a scam here? No one has evidence either way.

Because I personally investigated the scams. They are scams. Your insurance rates are higher because of them. It is a major industry.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

trying to be ignorant youve seriously never heard of this the illegal can sue win and collect wake up dude its not racial its economic and thats a fact...
we cant afford this nonsense and yes people do get killed i worked with a guy whos whole family was illegal cool dude he told me his freinds would pack in a car and get rear ended no liability then sure all would and could collect its seriously a very big problem!
sorry if you dont understand

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Because I personally investigated the scams. They are scams. Your insurance rates are higher because of them. It is a major industry.

I did not say there were no scams. We are talking specifically about the OP. We are not talking about if there are or are not scams in operation in this country. We all know there are scams. We have no evidence there was a scam at play in this case however.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Wow! I was not aware of such scams! I am glad you posted this here for all to read!
I do not think I will be a target anytime soon however.. But its good to know!
I guess driving a junker car is not all that bad now..
When you roll in your fancy car, you had better be fully aware these days!

Its just one thing after another.. But not all of these Immigrants know about this scam.. And I think its better that way..

Well anyway.. Thanks for the thread.. I am off to work.. In my junker!
hehe

laters
zy5

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join