It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was almost the victim of an Illegal Immigrant (The guy driving behind me was not so lucky)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
everyone who dosnt believe the op can go sit on a tree!
that mexican guy pulled out twice! on PURPOSE,hitting the mercedes the second time,and on top of that he got what he wanted,money to repair his car,that he will probably use to eat or something.
o god how come america sucks so much it even got worse then my country bulgaria

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

that he will probably use to eat or something.

That is so much deeper than first appearance!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney
As if folks do not already have enough problems in life, now we have to worry about illegal immigrants going from scamming our SYSTEM, to now SCREWING US!!

These illegals need to go. They are nothing but PROBLEMS!!!!

The FEMA CAMPS can be used as "staging areas" to round them up and ship them back to the far reaches of Mexico or South America.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
ATS is turning into the internets tabloid website with threads like this.

There was no discernable scam and no proof said person was an illegal. So in essence it was just a semi-long story about a dark skinned person acting suspiscious and crashing a car. Followed by a mob of people sharing ridiculous stories about "DEM ILLEGALS!!11".

I find it astounding how blind people can be sometimes. This is ATS so naturally I expect there to be fear mongering and whatnot, but how is it that most of the American users on this board going mental about immigration fail to see the obvious ramping up of tensions between themselves and so-called "illegals".

A country of immigrants and "equal opportunities" deigning their closest geographical neighbour as "illegal immigrants" is laughable.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Dookzor]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dookzor

Exactly... Not much more i can add to that except...

Star for you

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dookzor
A country of immigrants and "equal opportunities" deigning their closest geographical neighbour as "illegal immigrants" is laughable.

Really!? What in the hell does geographical location have to do with someone entering a country illegally.

Do you even realize how lenient Americas immigration laws are compared to most other places around the globe?

And believe me in those places being close in geographical location does not mean squat either if it is outside said countries borders...

If that were the case there would be no need for this whole debate.

LEGAL immigration is fine and dandy I could give a damn what you look like what language you speak or any of that as long as you do it the right way. I'm sick of people defending illegals. You know it is called illegal immigration for a reason right?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

What other countries do is a completely seperate matter and should have nothing to do with how you, as Americans, should act.

Your logic is severely flawed and is obviously subject to your emotions with regards to this thread. When you set yourself up as a beacon of righteousness and moral fortitude, expect your contradictory actions to be pointed out to you.

The point I was trying to make about Geography is that they are your neighbours. Many of these people come over for a better life. They are seeking the very same thing the ancestors of ALL Americans were a few hundred years ago.

When you go around using Human Rights abuses etc as moral justification for foreign invasions/war, how can you then turn around and demonise an entire race of peoople merely trying to improve their quality of life?

As with many (but by no means ALL) Americans on these anti-immigration threads, you obviously have no concept of brotherhood outside of those you would call your "own".

So, while you sit there espousing the evils of the 'darker-than-white-man', I'll be out there learning all that I can from so called "illegals", who as it happens are full of hopes, dreams and love for their families and who generally aren't scheming with other illegals to bring your country to its knees.

Edit - gwammah

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Dookzor]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It's really sad that this section of ATS has turned into an almost stormfront kind of board. Full of xenophobic threads, that spew nothing but retarded assumptions like the OP here.

Just because a person that speaks Spanish fails to produce a drivers license and insurance they are instantly labeled an "illegal alien", I don't know either whether or not the man being discussed in the OP is here legally or illegally but let's not jump to conclusions?

Most real Americans tend to take a stand when they find that while they abid by common, everyday, and expect laws, others don't.

Those "others" tend to be illegal immigrants (and even legitimate social scum). That are literally SCAMMING our entire system across the board.

I agree that this case does not make sense in the typical examples of accident scams. however. The given circumstances seem to indicate that something was not typical in this event. The suspect evidently was not fully aware of how to pull off such a scam, and that should not be surprising given that he evidently was not accustomed to our cultural/social/insurance norms and regulations.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Once again I ask myself the question why Americans can be such hypocrites.

We're screwing up the world yet were pissed off about illegal immigrants? Why don't people ever ask the dead guy in Iraq how he feels.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
Do you even realize how lenient Americas immigration laws are compared to most other places around the globe?

If that were the case there would be no need for this whole debate.

I'm sick of people defending illegals. You know it is called illegal immigration for a reason right?

Previously, in my intitial reply to your OP, you stated that you did not have an agenda:

I have no agenda here and if you think I am out to demonize Mexicans then you can jog off for all I care.

It would now appear that such was Not the case, Correct?

And it might do you well to work on your observational skills.

I never used the term "Mexicans" in my original reply; but Your introduction of the term into our conversation is most telling.

May it please the Court, I have no further questions of this "witness" at this time.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Bhadhidar]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dookzor

how can you then turn around and demonise an entire race of peoople merely trying to improve their quality of life?

Nobody is demonizing any race of people. We are demonizing illegal immigrants. They have often no respect for law, otherwise they would come legally. Influx of poor illegal immigrants without control will lower the quality of life of Americans, I am certain of that. But yeah, their quality of life would be probably improved...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well he may have not been trying to scam you, he could just be really really dumb. I've been to Mexico many times and most of the people there drive like traffic controls are merely suggestions and they all received their licenses from the inside of Cracker Jacks boxes.

As for people giving the OP crud for singling out this guy cuz he's a Mexican get over it. I grew up in Phoenix where the population is 50% Mexican American or Mexican immigrants and I can tell you that THEY are some of the most racist white people hating people I have ever met! Not just one or two but a lot of them! Way more racist then any white folks I know (I'm native btw).

I've about had it with the whole P.C. thing. To heck with those guys. They are scum and you don't have to be racist people but get a clue. Quit being so whiny and sensitive about color! That's what has gotten us all this tention to begin with!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Umm so me stating that I am sick of people defending illegals is what kind of agenda exactly?

And I used the term Mexican because I used my powers of deduction and reasoning to determine you were implying that I was hating on illegal Mexicans. Maybe that was not your intention but I don't know

I was simply replying to that specific post which I believe I have the right to do...

Really this whole situation makes my head want to explode it is a lose lose situation.

Show any displeasure towards illegal immigrants and you are a racist with an agenda or if you defend them you are unpatriotic.

I am going to take this thread as a lesson learned not to talk about topics that may not be considered politically correct on ATS.

All it ever turns into is a big mud slinging match where no ground is ever gained for either side.

Consider this my resignation from all threads concerning race. I already stopped participating in threads concerning religion so I guess I can give this up to.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's funny how so many here are seemingly just WAITING to jump down someone's throat and start whipping the 'race' card around. Depending on what area of the country the OP is from, it's not unreasonable to assume that he might encounter illegal immigrants on a daily basis. This very thing happened to myself and some family members in my uncle's truck when I was 10 or 11....Only my uncle knew what was going on, and just punched the gas away from the offending vehicle lol.

Just because you haven't personally witnessed it or heard of it before, doesn't necessarily make it any less TRUE. And if you'd like to meet some illegals, take a visit to southern Arizona some time.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It's really sad that this section of ATS has turned into an almost stormfront kind of board. Full of xenophobic threads, that spew nothing but retarded assumptions like the OP here.

Just because a person that speaks Spanish fails to produce a drivers license and insurance they are instantly labeled an "illegal alien", I don't know either whether or not the man being discussed in the OP is here legally or illegally but let's not jump to conclusions?

Not much of a common sense approach person huh?

OP's location might have something to do with it, so I'll insert mine-

Dallas, same scenario- no speak English, no driver's lic., no insurance.

That's an illegal alien buddy, come on.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I am going to take this thread as a lesson learned not to talk about topics that may not be considered politically correct on ATS.

A lesson you learned the wrong way.

Nobody in their sane mind would defend what that guy tried to do to you, or managed to do to the guy of the Mercedes.

The lesson to be learned from this, and which you failed to learn, is how you address this subjects, and not the fact that you talk about them.

ATS is taboo-free, although some members are not. You can talk about anything as long as you don't imply anything racial or disrespect anyone.

Like I said in the first post, there is nothing wrong with you telling people what happened, nor with the conversation about illegal immigration.

But it's bad taste to address this issues in the manner that you did.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

I agree I could have gone about it a better way looking back on it in hindsight.

But you know what they say Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney
As if folks do not already have enough problems in life, now we have to worry about illegal immigrants going from scamming our SYSTEM, to now SCREWING US!!

These illegals need to go. They are nothing but PROBLEMS!!!!

lol i wonder did the native american's say that too when they saw the europeans coming.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I don't think you're racist, to be honest. I just think you choose the wrong words to express your feelings/thoughts about the subject.

But it is true. You need to fall so that you can learn how to get up.

Just think about Forest Gump.

"Run Forest! RUN!"

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well I always have to justify why I don't own a modern up-to-date vehicle to my friends and family. Usually don't like to admit that I simply cannot afford auto payments so I usually say I drive junkers because I only need to knock about town and bike otherwise. Thanks for giving me another good reason to whip out when they wanna start doggin' on me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join