It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odinseye
reply to post by PayMeh

yes you do have to factor in the atmospheric pressure, but it's "only" 2200 psi (I say only because it's way lower than 100,000 psi)

and submarines CAN go that deep (albeit specially made ones) - the Trieste made it down to 35,000 feet - and yes it had people in it

You know, I'm an engineer, and I failed to see that. That's my dumb-ass moment for the day..

At depth, the pressure is 2200~ish PSI. So, that oil/gas mixture is coming out of there pretty damned fast, when it's fighting that pressure!!

I think it was stated that the pipe is 21-28 inches in diameter. The TOTAL pressure then coming out of that well is enormous.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

sure!!! bu not to in depth* in one catagory , there are so much more.
we need some exert views on all of this , bu not in here .
new threads, like pressure on the BOP etc.
is that huge behemoth, like a heater now?
im asking myself, a warm up period and now with the yellowish plume, a marker.?
like i say again, lods of threads coming up. let stay focused on the feeds in this one.
FEED ME or rather stop it with good threats*
expertise is needed.
etc

[edit on 28-6-2010 by telfyr]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
q4000, is on a mission to get to gather.
now
cant even dock, no viability !
they got swept away back in the darkness, of the gushing they did come quite close, first lo "orbit than a high approach , last one came close, not more,.
so ye huge pressure,.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It does seem as the Bop's list has increased somewhat maybe 20 degrees if I had to guess

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hi, everyone.

I was just checking out Alex's latest information, but I thought I post this link & get your opinion.

I've never seen a satellite image of the Gulf displayed quite like I see here.www.stormpulse.com... ql=0&sl=0

I've never seen the water in the Gulf displayed so black before. Is this the oil? Maybe the darkness is indicative of the water's depth?Since I've lived near the Gulf coast for almost 10 years & have always been keen on viewing satellite images during hurricane season, but I've never seen the Gulf looking this black before on any satellite image I've seen from the past.

I'm just curious if this is actually darkness caused by the oil. To me, it appears that this is what it is.

Can anyone offer any answers?

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am watching live feeds from sanaracreations.fi/rov-feeds/index.html (12 screen shot) and I am noticing a HUGE difference is the vidoes from one ROV to the next. For example srov 2 looks to me like a video tape, it has the top hat on it but when I looked at srov 1, it looked like the top hat was missing. Now on srov1 they are lowering this huge metal thing. Now erov1 and erov2 look like the top hat is on and the oil is bellowing madly. I am so very confused here. Can someone help a dumb ass out?

Boy I wished I new how to do screen shots.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by BooBoo46]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
link, klik

>>>Vuile olie van Shell - Zembla - 13 juni 2010

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

Quick question what are we supposed to be listening to when we go to your link? Cannot seem to figure out exactly what it is you say we should listen to.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
fixed it re read and click it

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
huge operation going on now, wish em good luck, and the grace of god
with a dish washing brush in its hand, ze rover gonna turn the valve...
come here son, youre good at games, smat that yellosw thing there? with a puppy look, to its daddy.
erm ye that.
eh, kuch, you see that son,.
we need to , bla bla bla

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think he is trying to link to this, I can't either.

It's the - Vuile olie van Shell - Zembla - 13 juni 2010 - on the page also

Foreign 60 minutes typeish covering the spill in the Niger Delta, they got some pretty meshed up places downthere. It's pretty good so far and theres some english speaking here and there.

zembla.vara.nl/Afleveringen.1973.0.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=27169&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1972&cHash=1cfe036726

[edit on 28-6-2010 by trolleleet]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Skandi 1 is having a hard time hanging that brush back up...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdw18_123
Skandi 1 is having a hard time hanging that brush back up...

*delurk*

At last, something worth smiling about. Must be one hell of a special brush! I wonder if they're taking turns trying to hang it up?

I know how they feel, though. I'm quite attached to a 30-odd year old Phillips screwdriver I have around here somewheres.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by trolleleet

Thanks for relaying that info on what to look for, and also thank you telfyr for finding it and getting it out. Okay now that is just showing how a large oil company does what they want and do not give a rats a## about what they do or who they hurt in the pursuit of the almighty profit. I think that it is even more of a shame that those people can do nothing about the situation, because who are they going to complain to. It is a real shame that had to happen in the first place. It really makes you wonder how these people sleep at night knowing they did what they did. Utterly disgusting. This shows the truth about some of the human race and it showed their true colors.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Skandi 1 just passed over a dead stingray. :::shudder:::

Lots more lean today, amount being discharged seems to have slowed, most likely due to build up of the gunk that we are seeing so much of now.

To the question of whether the BOP is rocking, it might be rocking a bit, as even BP expects it to fail/fall/what have you in the near future. The top hat definitely moves around, both up and down and side to side, with some horizontal rotation thrown in there.

Hopefully the new riser package they are furiously building will help forestall things going from worse to horrible when the top hat does eventually fail.

Still no word on Stacie Cakes, I see, so I will stand with my assumption that it is someone's girlfriend.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I am going to try and ask this one more time... As I watch different rovs scan the ocean floor, shouldn't we be seeing more of the big tar balls that are washing up on shore, or sad to say dead fish etc? The floor still looks pretty much pristine considering... I know know things float to the top, but these rovs cant be that far away from the "ground zero," and even if they are, shouldn't we really be seeing more of the devastation?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
I am going to try and ask this one more time... As I watch different rovs scan the ocean floor, shouldn't we be seeing more of the big tar balls that are washing up on shore, or sad to say dead fish etc? The floor still looks pretty much pristine considering... I know know things float to the top, but these rovs cant be that far away from the "ground zero," and even if they are, shouldn't we really be seeing more of the devastation?

We must have posted at the same time. I know that in other threads LadySkadi has reported seeing dead animals, I have reported seeing a dead crab at the bottom of the BOP, and I think what happens is that we are seeing dead animals as lumps on the bottom that are getting covered up by the silt that gets stirred up from the ROVs moving around, and they pan cameras away quickly when they do pass them by.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Here is a screenshot of the current lean where you can see the BOP leaning and the Top Hat leaning.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2120d7001c96.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Ceriddwen]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

keep watching, you will see the non viability the subs have,
and the lights will show you blobs everywhere.
its not a nice thing to see!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
The floor still looks pretty much pristine considering...

It doesn't look so pristine to me, doesn't even look the same as in the beginning. It looks like it's been snowing frozen methane for a month or more down there. It leaks out as a gas, hits the cold water and turns into methane snow, and then appears to rain down to cover the gulf floor. Looks pretty scary to me. That riser, pipe, that was originally connected to the BOP and the rig above before it exploded and fell to the bottom has become covered and buried in what I suspect is frozen methane. In some areas you can't even see that pipe any more, have now been completely buried under that stuff. The oil however seems to just float away.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join