It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well that makes sense as I hadn't realized I was looking as gas snow instead of what I thought was sand. Thank you for clearing that up for my friends

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Here is some hard proof of the lean (I'm surprised they showed it).

These first two are after they placed the tilt indicator, they show it's location on the BOP. Skandi 1 was doing the inspecting, it's description said "Bulls Eye Inspection". The indicator was apparently covered with dust, which is what they used the brush for.

This shot is after the tilt indicator was cleaned off. I added an arrow pointing to the indicator ball since it is hard to see, there was still some dirt where it was. It is obviously sitting at the far edge of the indicator which indicates definite tilting of the BOP, though I'm not sure exactly how many degrees it is.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
not only that.
they are now putting up bomb charges , they where verry care full with it earlier.
sensor equipment surely not.
look at how the place em and where.
wtf are they doing?
><

look, important stuff going on.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by telfyr]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by telfyr
not only that.
they are now putting up bomb charges , they where verry care full with it earlier.
sensor equipment surely not.
look at how the place em and where.
wtf are they doing?

NOT bomb charges. Those are called a CP mat I believe, and they are going to be used to weight down the new riser pipe installation so that the pipe doesn't rise, roll, or otherwise move.

As for the stuff on the rounded pipes, those are jumper pipes that will allow the ships above to connect and disconnect when there are storms in the Gulf so that we don't have the problems we do now if they had to disconnect.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Ceriddwen]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
darn good piece of ufo in the water now? 3 times not helping, way to close, to each other,
.camera tryed to pan away lol.

wtf is happening there

<
Ocean Intervention III - ROV 1 EXPAND VIDEO
look at it, its not 3 rovers ill assure you

[edit on 28-6-2010 by telfyr]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

darn good piece of ufo in the water now? 3 times not helping, way to close, to each other,

wtf is happening there

WHAT ON EARTH are you looking at and saying these things about?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdw18_123
Here is some hard proof of the lean (I'm surprised they showed it).

These first two are after they placed the tilt indicator, they show it's location on the BOP. Skandi 1 was doing the inspecting, it's description said "Bulls Eye Inspection". The indicator was apparently covered with dust, which is what they used the brush for.

This shot is after the tilt indicator was cleaned off. I added an arrow pointing to the indicator ball since it is hard to see, there was still some dirt where it was. It is obviously sitting at the far edge of the indicator which indicates definite tilting of the BOP, though I'm not sure exactly how many degrees it is.

Last time we saw that particular indicator I believe it the ball was resting between the 1st and 2nd line away from the bulls-eye's centre. This new evidence suggests that the ball has gone completely to the outer rim indicating a substantial increase in the degree of tilt.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen

wtf is happening there

WHAT ON EARTH are you looking at and saying these things about?

didnt you see those 3 verry blue lights, top right there, still there!!!
those are no known subs .. ye
panning away, not to them

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

didnt you see those 3 verry blue lights, top right there, still there!!!
those are no known subs .. ye
panning away, not to them

OMG those are lights from the ROVs!!! Stop panicking, take a deep breath, calm down and step away from the computer if you must.

You MUST watch for a while and then most of these comments of yours will seem kinda, um, silly.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
BTW for those who have been watching the feeds today, did something come lose from the bop?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

In the beginning, when a ROV got close to the bottom of the gulf floor, it would kick up what actually looked like regular sea floor sediment. It would blow about and quickly fall back to the floor. Now when a ROV gets near the bottom, what looks like a cloud in the sky, or a cloud of white smoke, is kicked up and it hangs in the water for some time before dissipating.

I'm seeing a definite difference of stuff covering the gulf floor today as in the beginning when the ROV video first became available. Now don't quote me on my suspicions, but something different is now covering all of that original sediment. Add to this the increased methane levels being reported, and what else can one suspect or conclude? I've also read comments from others that have suggested the same as I suspect, and they seemed to be credible individuals, scientists, geologists, etc.

It should sure be nice if someone on the scene there in the gulf could answer some of these questions. Maybe ATS could invite an informed individual from either BP or other party operating out there to answer some of these questions instead of us all having to make semi-educated guess. If we are wrong about this, you would think BP would want to provide the correct information to calm our fears. And if we are right about this, well, they would only be confirming what we already suspect and are already inclined to believe, so what more harm could that lead to.

I want answers, and I do not know who to ask. If we are wrong, someone should set us straight. If we are correct, then it would also be nice to know if this is something we should panic about, or not. I have no idea if frozen methane covering the sea floor is a good or bad thing, but until informed otherwise, I'm going to error on the safe side and FEAR all this. Assume the worst until informed otherwise.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Moriarty

I think so. That wasn't hanging down like that before. Must not be necessary to anything or they would have reattached it, right? ::snicker::

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamanistical

Yes, it is methane and other gasses that now covers the sea floor like a blanket and gets kicked around like a smoke bomb has gone off. That, and the dispersant are all covering everything down there.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
been watching Boa 2 for a few mins - that flexible jumper is flailing round very wildly - but so is the rov we can see in the pic about twenty or thirty yards away...
In fact the action as seen from Boa 2 all looks a little too fast and frantic to me right now - could we perhaps be seeing prerecorded footage that's being run a bit faster than it should?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Odinseye

I have noticed over the past few days that the current down there really seems to have gotten stronger. There is a lot of flailing around by everything. I don't think it is prerecorded because the stuff that they are working on wasn't there or there wasn't so much of it even two days ago. They started with only one 6" flexible jumper and now there are a few.

Edit to say that it just occurred to me that with the amount of methane down there now, the water is probably much less supportive of buoyancy and "thinner" so to speak, so that might be why the current seems stronger.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Ceriddwen]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
been watching Boa 2 for a few mins - that flexible jumper is flailing round very wildly - but so is the rov we can see in the pic about twenty or thirty yards away...
In fact the action as seen from Boa 2 all looks a little too fast and frantic to me right now - could we perhaps be seeing prerecorded footage that's being run a bit faster than it should?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
sorry folks - didnt mean to double post - my browser crashed again :-(

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

interesting point about methane Ceriddwen.

re prerecorded btw I didn't mean it was recorded a long time ago, but that maybe they'd been messing with the playback rate - a couple of days back I saw two rov cameras showing the same action but one camera was lagging behind the other by a few seconds - which implied to me they had introduced a delay into that camera's feed - so maybe they do that by altering the playback speed sometimes...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
- either way it seems to have calmed down a bit now...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I don't have any intel on how these things work but I do know that in other situations, live feeds have a time delay for editing purposes, and I think that that is what the general consensus among those watching since day one have reached. This way, if something happens and they don't want us to see, they have a delay in place to cut the feeds.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join