It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
mxl.fi...

Are all feeds down for everyone else too? All 12 screens are black.

Rumours this morning about a french sub sunk by US in the GOM and just announced that the American Ambassador in France has been summoned to meet with Sarkozy AS SOON as he gets there from G20 today.

WTF?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yep, just got back Boa deep sea 1 and 2 though, the rest are black, even the cnn feed is frozen.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Enterprise ROV 2 right now! Bright yellow stuff spewing in the middle of the gush. Clearly visible - no squinting involved!

link   
reply to post by ganja

im sorry if i offended you, was surely not the meaning of what i was trying to say.
i just wanted to point out that we need to make sure it is or is not moving.!
just looking at the streams is not a reliable source, we need some one with understanding to measure and explane it in a vid if it is or is not moving.

link   

Originally posted by ganja
Yep, just got back Boa deep sea 1 and 2 though, the rest are black, even the cnn feed is frozen.

Lol thought it was my laptop playing up, but yes all screens when black and now only ROV 1 & 2 are working for me

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Maybe they nuked it?

I've seen a report that someone died of lung failure because of toxic fumes in Destin, Florida...

This morning the sister of a friend of mine was found dead in her home by the beach. The preliminary report was that her lungs failed. She had multiple handicaps, but no sign of breathing problems before she died. There will be a autopsy and the family has ask them to check for VOCs in her body.

Any connection to the bad air around the beach is just speculation right now, but the report of a person in a weak condition dying from lung problems seemed worth reporting.

She was 21.

Scary if true...

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by telfyr
reply to post by ganja

im sorry if i offended you, was surely not the meaning of what i was trying to say.
i just wanted to point out that we need to make sure it is or is not moving.!
just looking at the streams is not a reliable source, we need some one with understanding to measure and explane it in a vid if it is or is not moving.

We don't need anybody to verify anything regarding the movement of the top hat. Just look at it. It is clearly shaking/jiggling up and down. It has been doing so for a while now. Focus on the "fins" if you're having trouble spotting the subtle up & down movements. It is most definitely moving, though.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I was just watching Skandi ROV 2 and comparing it's apparent movement to the pixels of my LCD screen and it is in fact moving in two different directions.
That could mean that the top part is moving and the bottom just appears to be moving due to movement of the rover...

What ever it means, at least part of it is in fact moving.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Maybe they nuked it?

I've seen a report that someone died of lung failure because of toxic fumes in Destin, Florida...

This morning the sister of a friend of mine was found dead in her home by the beach. The preliminary report was that her lungs failed. She had multiple handicaps, but no sign of breathing problems before she died. There will be a autopsy and the family has ask them to check for VOCs in her body.

Any connection to the bad air around the beach is just speculation right now, but the report of a person in a weak condition dying from lung problems seemed worth reporting.

She was 21.

Scary if true...

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

Take a look at this.......Flu like Symptoms

defensebaseactcomp.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hi Everyone - this is my first ATS post, been watching the rov feeds for a while and thought I'd join in as I think you guys are doing a good job :-)

I've got two lots of two cents to throw in right now...

1) Redwookieaz mentioned the business of time lag on the rov feeds and asked if anyone had noticed anything that evidenced any such delays, and indeed I have - the other day when they were trying to put the hat back on. Forgive me cos I can't remember which two rovs were involved, but the deal was this...one rov was close to the top hat and seemed to be steadying it while another rov was watching from a few yards away - the view from the watching rov was lagging behind the view from the steadying rov by about 5 seconds - easy to gauge because of getting two supposedly simultaneous views of the same action. So I'm not claiming that all the rovs have a time lag, but merely that one rov had a time lag during that particular period of time.

2) The subject of the pressure at which the oil is leaking has been mentioned from time to time - according to my rough calc the pressure due to the 5000ft of water is about 2200psi, and so the pressure with which the oil spews out is whatever pressure it is ungerground minus that 2200 psi. I've had a few experiences of gas at 100 psi leaking in less than 6 feet of water (surpisingly dramatic actually) and that leads me to question whether the oil/gas pressure really is in the 20k to 100k psi region - those figures seem way too high to me when I watch the billowing of the oil etc as it escapes, and also how the oil stream doesn't seem to be pushing the rovs and the top hat around how Id expect from 100,000 psi (or even 97,800 psi when you allow for the sea's hydrostatic pressure) - what do you folks reckon?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Im not sure if this was posted yet.

Florida braces for oil shift from tropical storm.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
hmmm - on the subject of pressure I'm watching the rovs right now - Skandi 2 and Enterprise 1 are both watching the top hat - the view from Skandi 2 looks much more turbulent and energetic than that from Enterprise 1 - now the only way I can think of to achieve that effect would be to alter the playback speed of one of the video streams
- but then I'm probably mistaken as I'm sure those nice folk at BP wouldn't mess with the feeds - I'm sure they're far too honest ;-)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Odinseye

Welcome Odin. Well you sound like you know a bit about gas pressure, certainly more than I, but I personally have commented that visually, the stream of oil coming from this pipe, Bop, Hat, what have you, does not look that powerful to be at 20k psi or 100k for that matter.

And if that is the case, and it's not that high of pressure, maybe this is purposely not being capped?

They did want to start over, now they are getting their new well drilled at breakneck speed.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
17:20, to 17:35, roughlytaken., time zone amsterdam.
28 june 2010
Q4000 - ROV 2

looks like they are pumping in, the heavy mud(still) and i think now some heavey gas to push on the mud?
leaking a lod, bu things have changed drastically in a moment.
<
seems like some whale or shark, came and chek it out?
>

i was lucky caching this huge marine life on a "PrtSc"
shooting pictures from my home, looking at the disaster there.
who would had thought of that?

nice and sad both way`s

[edit on 28-6-2010 by telfyr]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

You're thinking of velocity which is totally different than pressure. To have pressure you don't necessarily have to have movement.

It doesn't look like 20k -100k psi because you have to factor in how much force the atmospheric pressure is exerting on the flow. Remember subs can't even go down that far without being crushed.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

ye ok, corrected , about the top hat, i merely meant the bop, that was mentioned too, if not i stand corrected again.
/ shy

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Does anyone know watching now, what Boa Deep C is doing? I have a jerky feed, but it looked like it was working on something frantically, then dropped it...?? Anyone know why/what happened?

Oh, great pic of the shark btw! Star for that one

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

I dont see the pictures with the whale/shark????

Am I just not looking hard enough? The pictures you posted dont show it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
scroll down the pic its at the bottom

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

Thats a big Mako or White Shark I think. Surprised the thing didn't die the second he got near that crap.

*could be a whale shark too but it looks too thin*

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join