It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Odinseye

pumping gas/air etc into the leak to disperse the oil, and maybe even a attempt to decrease the gas absorption around its waters near the leak.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Boy, that Top Hat is really rocking and rolling now
I've a feeling its going to come off soon..
Hope I'm wrong

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

yes you do have to factor in the atmospheric pressure, but it's "only" 2200 psi (I say only because it's way lower than 100,000 psi)

and submarines CAN go that deep (albeit specially made ones) - the Trieste made it down to 35,000 feet - and yes it had people in it

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

How much pressure is lost traveling up the "tube" though? Isn't the actual well below 35,000 feet?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by coffeesniffer

Weird. I only get 3 screens on top of each other. The bottom three are black. The top left is black, middle shows the BOP, and the right top shows a pipe or something. The other pictures show Paint (the program) in the bottom right but it is cut off as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

that's one of the $64,000 questions - what IS the actual pressure in that hole?
- doesn't look like 97,800 psi to me ;-)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

thanks its a gem happened quite fast, "PrtSc" load paint, paste, go back well, thats why i just got a few, do see the time stamps left subs,.
think i messed the time table up a bit.
still the camera operator was very pleasant surprised, and tried to follow it as best as he could!!
so, ill applaud for that person big time, thank you!

i hope some of you are recording the streams as they go, to get it in a vid later

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Some disturbance, maybe gas/oil, coming from below the top hat now. Seen in Skandi

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

sorry Derek, I don't think I answered your question ...

oil (like most liquids) is not very compressible, and so (assuming the well casing hasn't given up) the pressure just below the top of the hole won't be much different from the pressure at the bottom of the hole - kind of like a giant version of the hydraulic lines that operate digging machines and cranes etc - so if say the pressure at the bottom of the hole (35,000 feet down) is 20,000 psi then the pressure will be much the same all the way up (if the well casing is intact that is), and then we'd "see" the oil come out at a nett pressure of 17,800 psi - allowing for the fact it has to battle the 2200 psi due to the 5000 ft of water

If the well casing IS shot to pieces then there will be some pressure "lost" as you come up the hole - as the oil leaks out into the ground either side of the casing

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

lets focus on this discussion in a new threat ?
ohh, and give us some clear understanding of what is happening there

[edit on 28-6-2010 by telfyr]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Thank you for the reply. I know nothing about that sort of stuff, so it is helpful to read.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I appreciate your interest in the psi factor..perhaps you should start a thread about it, i would hate to see this thread derailed, i find it a valuable resource since i do not have access to the live feeds myself.
thanks in advance

~meathead

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by telfyr

can if you like but I feel it's pertinent to this thread - I originally raised the question of what oil pressure we are seeing from the rov cameras and a couple of other guys asked questions about that - personally I thought the issue of what we are seeing on the rov's cameras was exactly what this thread was about

- after all, isn't it kind of important that we all understand what we are seeing so we can tell if the rov cameras are telling us the truth? ;-)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

yes thats why pressure and topics like that should get its own thread.!
and keep this thread clean to what is happening.
be free to post an explanation while both threads are working,.
i feel there should be some importand threads like pressure allready, with expert opinions, discussing there.
marine wacht thread would be nice too, without all the sadness, keep some element of "ohh look at this bird and that one totally fine now """
etc
save the wales save the snales save the world maybe.
cos if we wait on the mighty BP, we will wait.
we will.

thats why i ask for the people working there to release information, massive release.
cos bp made an even bigger one, and cannot stand in court saying, you cannot know this and that.
we will make it better, just wait and see.
>>>
no we need experts telling us what they know, vent it all, dont worry about repercussions, cos there will be none, nada, zero.
talk people talk.
the age of oil, and its masters are now the spill they are used too.
they want openness, bu cannot ask you!!,,, a tsaar on its trone cannot be what he would like to do, he only dreams of it.

open the info flow please!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

could it be steam under high pressure, they pumping?
under that pressure steam is way different, with chemicals like crude oil?
i say they are pumping steam in the "hat.
they certainly did something, and all changed.
look at the white plume in the middle now, that aint vulcano stuff, seeing the whole picture

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Anyone watching E2 right now? Any idea what that yellow/white substance is gushing from that valve in the middle? I've never seen that stuff before, and it's far too much to be dispersant? Any ideas?

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Strype

ye some fluid or marker there,.
its not giving of light, more it is illuminated by the lights, see the shiny safety fencing, its corded/blasted quite a bit, and very bright, i guess cos its bare metal, in the bright lights?
see me last picture

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by telfyr

could it be steam under high pressure, they pumping?
under that pressure steam is way different, with chemicals like crude oil?
i say they are pumping steam in the "hat.
they certainly did something, and all changed.
look at the white plume in the middle now, that aint vulcano stuff, seeing the whole picture

I'll make this short since, apparently if I am not pointing out the change in color of the plume, then I need to stay out of this thread, well, I guess that was my point...someone added a few comments on pressure-psi, it added to the knowledge, and now it's over, people are allowed to speak, aren't they? This is an ongoing conversation right? Yeah, my 2 cents-

[edit on 28-6-2010 by SunnyDee]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
At this point, the more I look at E2 compared with the other cameras, the more I'm convinced it's just weird pixels and just bad camera that's making it look like debris and stuff. EXCEPT for the steam (gas?) spouting out from the top. THAT'S new as of yesterday. Any one concurr?

And what are we going to do anyway if/when it should 'blow' or collapse?
Feel like I'm watching a horror movie from between my fingers - can't bear to look, can't bear not to!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join