It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Seems like there is a lot of "ejecta" coming from the top hat per Ent 1 tonight. Usually stuff flies into the stream, but stuff is flying out tonight.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Odinseye

I agree, and if you compare it to what you are seeing on BOA 2, I think at least part of that is the camera itself on the Skandi 1. Otherwise, maybe they are doing booming around the ships to protect the ROVs , or burning for the same reason.

Edit to say that two months ago when this all started, even at the bottom the water was crystal clear, and now it is not nearly so. MUCH murkier now than it was, though we still can see very well.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Ceriddwen]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

BP has 44,000 barrels of mud ready to inject into the Macondo well in an attempt to end what President Barack Obama has called the nation's worst environmental disaster.

this is from CNN. Sorry can't post link cos I'm on my phone.

The well is leaking in excess of 100,000 barrels a day, and they are going at it with 44,000 barrels of mud.

Asking someone who knows, is this enough or us it like peeing on a bushfire from a helicopter?

MM

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
was looking forward to seeing what skandi 1 got upto after its' refit just now but it's gone to 4660' and is just sitting there - hmm oh well...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Just what the hell are these ROV's supposedly doing? I never see anything really happen. For instance, this one, the left arm picked up a blue strap with a t-bar on it, and gave it to the right arm, the the right arm gave it bacvk to the left arm. The left arm set it down, then the right arm picked it up.

I have watched these things for hours over the last few days, and the only thing I see done - wasting resources to make people think they are working.

Anyone else?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yes, that's all I've been thinking watching these feeds all week..."what exactly are they trying to do?"...Like right now there's this hook on a stick thingy going up then down...That's all. Just up and down.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
well looks like bp is finally gettin the lid on tight this time, good job
hope it holds this time,

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Wonder why its so dusty/murky down where all that yellow equipment is? Been like that for the past hour or so.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Visibility definately poorer BUT they do seem to have 'put a lid on it' relatively speaking

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bdw18_123

I've noticed it too. Do you think it could be from Tropical Storm Alex? Every animation of the gulf current that I've seen shows that it flows clockwise. It would seem to me that if the storm is to the west of the spill, that water and silt that is churned up by the storm would logically flow to the east along the coast, and right into the spill area. It's just a thought, but it's the first thing that came to mind when trying to figure out a reason for the murky water.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Moriarty

Transponder one through four?? I was hoping to weasel out of that with an
excuse like being an engineering type, but she's not my type. [mechanico]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Another suicide among the BP clean up crew.

Boat captain commits suicide after BP training meeting

FOLEY, Ala. — Allen Kruse tenderly kissed his wife goodbye just after sunrise Wednesday and headed to the docks in Gulf Shores, Ala., where his boat, The Rookie, was moored.

A charter boat captain for 25 years, Kruse had signed on as a BP contractor to spot oil, deploy boom and eventually learn how to skim oil. His business had come to a screeching halt after the April 20 oil spill.

About an hour later, Kruse was dead. He was 55, the father of 11- and 12-year-old boys, Cory and Ryan, and daughter Kelli, 26.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Gulf Dead Zone Grows as No-Fishing Area Expands

Meanwhile, commercial fishermen in the Gulf, who harvested more than one billion pounds of fish and shellfish in 2008, face another threat to their livelihood: a growing "dead zone" with little or no oxygen in the water.

Growing Dead Zone

Scientists tracking this phenomenon for the last few years say the affected area measures between 6,500 and 7,800 square miles - a stretch approximately the size of New Jersey. The dead zone has averaged 6,000 mile the previous five years.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Another suicide among the BP clean up crew.

That's not "another" That's the same one from last week.

Did you mean this one? ...........

BP worker found dead of natural causes

[edit on 6/28/2010 by Misfit]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
ireport.cnn.com...

MEDIA BLACKOUT

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cantdenyreality
ireport.cnn.com...

MEDIA BLACKOUT

That's not a media blackout.

That's a Facebook page.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
CNN has just reported that BP replaced the oil well cap with a wedding ring and it has immediately stopped putting out.
Just to lighten some things up on here

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Q4000 ROV 1 has been tracking a large cloud of dust or something for awhile now. It was inspecting all the pipes at first.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I really hope someone is recording right now. Things are looking a little crazy down there right now.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I can't type as fast as what I am seeing here. I have been watching these feeds for days & have not seen anything like what I am seeing now. Looks like tiny pieces of solid tar are floating up but there are also these glowing 3 color bands - almost like a little piece of multi-colored glowing ribbon. It looks very turbulent & they are viewing something that looks like a giant pipe collecting oil that I haven't seen up to this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join