It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
but on the subject of playback speed etc, look at enterprise 1 and enterprise 2 - while Ent 1 is showing what looks like all its video frames, Ent 2 is dropping lots of frames, resulting in a notchy playback...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I agree, and I am not sure why Ent 2 is doing that, just that every time it covers the top of the flow it does that. I don't have an answer for ya there.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Just had a thought while Ent 2 panned down like it did. It might be using stop motion filming so that it gets little snapshots of the top and what is coming out for analysis purposes. :shrug: Who knows? I sure don't.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

yes it's that "stop motion" effect that puzzles me - when video is keyframed then the action happens in realtime but frames sometimes get dropped to allow it to make those key frames at the right time - when video isn't keyframed then the playback rate can alter - very hard to know what we're actually seeing here

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
lol - did you see the guy cleaning skandi 1's camera lens? - he wasn't taking any chances of getting skin trouble with those big black gloves he was wearing ;-)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Looks like they put a new arm or arm attachment on Skandi 1. Trying it out now it seems.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
fwiw, I find it interesting to note that those two skandi 1 maintenance guys weren't wearing any form of respirator though

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
They are having a devil of a time getting that jumper onto its seat on BOA 2. Sitting there all cockeyed now.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Odinseye

BP says there is no need for respirators. Haven't you heard? The air is fine, according to them. Therefore, since there is no need, they are not supplying them. According to them.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
At least he has safety glasses on so that stuff doesn't get into his eyes.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

yep it's hard to know isn't it?... either it is actually not that hazardous (which I find hard to believe since those guys are right on top of it) or it is hazardous and BP are prejudicing their health bigtime (which I sadly find easier to believe)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You should watch the Kindra Arneson video found in this thread if you haven't done so already. Then you will get really angry.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

yeah saw it a few days ago, but I still don't fully grasp WHY she was given an "access all areas" pass - that puzzles me...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Apparently because she, in a public meeting, got in their faces, and at the time they thought that it would be better, since she was a high standing member of the community, to allow that access to either get her on their side or make it look like she was. She milked that opportunity. I have friends in Plaquemines Parish (lived there for years) who know her personally and they have corroborated that to me.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

thanks for explaining that Ceriddwen :-)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You are very welcome!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Looks like Skandi 1 is launching again. They put a brush back in the Stacie Cakes drawer, which didn't close all the way. Maybe they are going to brush things off again.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm guessing that those orange or yellow "pom-poms" on strings are to show the BP guys what the current is doing - interesting how every so often they fly around like they're in a storm - and then go all calm again

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

They could also be orientation indicators. If they are vertical, the ROV is too. If they aren't, neither is it. Did that make sense?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

as skandi 1 descended, what did you think of the seawater in the first couple of hundred feet of its' descent? - looked surpsingly clear and blue to me - I was expecting it to look murkier than that

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join