It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 256
<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

I did a very limited search on volcanoes at USGS and there is not a listing of a volcano in the Gulf. They are along the entire west coast of both north & south America. Mexico & the West Indes are the closes sites shown. I will take a closer look tomorrow.

With all the mapping done these days one would think they would all be found. However I have to point out that until very recently the Yucatan was thought to be a valley, when in fact it is an crater caused by an astroid. I offer that as an indication that we don't know all there is to this world. The sea is our last frontier. We know more about space then we do about the ocean floor.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

ur rep
kinda says it all
thats why i said wat i did
not cuzz im a jerk
which i am

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

There are mud volcanoes in the GOM, probably discussed somewhere in these many pages.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

So with your educated opinion would you say that this is what these things are that stealthykat and others are seeing and taking pictures of, and they are nothing to be concerned about.?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I kind of resent your tone with me crappiecat.

I saw your post about there being no volcanoes in the GOM. I thought, well there are mud volcanoes there, so thats what I posted.

It could be that they have drilled into one of these mud volcanoes and there may be other active ones nearby - who knows? And I never said anything about them not being of any concern.

Here's a thread from cosmicpixie
Scientific Proof for Active Mud Volcanoes in the Gulf posted June 15
www.abovetopsecret.com...

regards,
berkeleygal

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Dr Bill Deagle has been saying for months that this is not an oil leak or spill, rather an oil volcano, the well having been (perhaps not accidentally) drilled into an active undersea volcano.

Bill appears faily regularly on Project Camelot's Whistleblower Radio program, broadcast on Argusoog Radio www.argusoogradio.org... from The Netherlands. He also has his own sites www.clayandiron.com... and www.nutrimedical.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yes, there are volcanoes in the Gulf....there is an entire area where a salt dome is that has several, and they are all in the area of BP's well. They were discovered in 2003. There are two types that are known so far....Asphalt volcanoes and mud volcanoes.

From Wikipedia:

The first asphalt volcanoes were discovered in 2003 by a research expedition to the Gulf of Mexico.[2] They are located on a seafloor hill named "Chapopote," Nahuatl for "tar." The site is located in a field of salt domes known as the Campeche Knolls, a series of steep hills formed from salt bodies that rise from underlying rock, a common feature in the gulf. The research team, led by Ian MacDonald of Texas's A&M University, documented tar flows as wide as 20 m (66 ft) across. Also discovered alongside the asphalt were areas soaked with petroleum and with methane hydrate, also spewed from the volcano. This kind of an environment proves attractive to chemical-loving bacteria and tubeworms, although the exact biogeochemical relationship is not yet known.[ en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Fossil Foraminifera from four active mud volcanoes in the Gulf of Mexico
www.springerlink.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kno22

I did a very limited search on volcanoes at USGS and there is not a listing of a volcano in the Gulf. They are along the entire west coast of both north & south America. Mexico & the West Indes are the closes sites shown. I will take a closer look tomorrow.

With all the mapping done these days one would think they would all be found. However I have to point out that until very recently the Yucatan was thought to be a valley, when in fact it is an crater caused by an astroid. I offer that as an indication that we don't know all there is to this world. The sea is our last frontier. We know more about space then we do about the ocean floor.

You have to search for Asphalt or Mudvolcanoes...those are the types in the Gulf. Chapopote is the area they are located, very near the Macondo site.They were just discovered in 2003....I didn't know this until recently...just google asphalt volcanoes and it will come up.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal

I kind of resent your tone with me crappiecat.

I saw your post about there being no volcanoes in the GOM. I thought, well there are mud volcanoes there, so thats what I posted.

It could be that they have drilled into one of these mud volcanoes and there may be other active ones nearby - who knows? And I never said anything about them not being of any concern.

Here's a thread from cosmicpixie
Scientific Proof for Active Mud Volcanoes in the Gulf posted June 15

www.abovetopsecret.com...

regards,
berkeleygal

Cosmic did a great job compiling info on this!

edit on 24-9-2010 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

OK. Just for clarification, I reported only what a very limited search using the info @ USGS produced. That search was way too minimal to be the last word on this subject. Until now I had never heard of asphalt or oil volcanoes. Judging from what I saw on the ROV feeds oil volcano fits. In the first feeds I saw, on broadcast news, it looked more like a volcanic eruption then it did a "leak".

We've all seen the images on TV, in movies etc. of oil gushing upward when a drill hits the pocket on land. People have died from the sheer force of a 'gusher'. In retrospect I can see the similarities between a gusher & a volcanic eruption. I had just never thought of that the same way. Our world is still a huge mystery & it is very possible they drilled into something no one has ever seen before. I'm thinking all of the dispersents may have stopped it from breaking through the surface of the water and gushing up as we know land / lava, based volcanos do, or when wells that 'have come in do'.

The concerns expressed here have, & continue to be, valid. Something is erupting down there & what ever it is wasn't stopped by BP. Kat has been on is issue from the start. She has provided enough vids & other info to support what she, and others, have been saying. In short, my money's on Kat.

Is it a volcano? Might they have drilled into a pocket of magma creating essentially the same thing? Is that the underlying force behind the eruptions? Are they as mystified as I am? I haven't a clue. There are a whole lot more questions then answers here & that is the problem. We need answers.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
This question may have been answered but I missed it.. Don't we for the most part have a pulse on earthquakes and volcano's around the earth ? And I ask this this with all respect. Then if these are volcanic eruptions why hasn't someone in the scientific field addressed this ? Is this something that they are trying to keep from us because it's so horrific that it would effect the whole world. These are still U.S. waters wouldn't someone have answers?

I did send send out 2 emails today to the addresses that stealthyKat gave us. I can't wait for the replies. I will post when I recieve.

edit on 23-9-2010 by crappiekat because: Forgot to add info

First....thank you for sending the emails! As to the reason why they are not addressing this possibility.....I haven't a clue! Some theorize that BP accidentally drilled into one of those asphalt volcanoes (which spew oil and asphalt (tar)....and that is where some of the oil is leaking from. Remember the reports that there was another massive leak in another area near the Macondo site? The asphalt volcanoes in the Chapopote area are located a short distance from there. They cause natural oil seeps. I think that this is the source of the second leak and that large plume they found. They say the well is dead.....if it truly is, then the blobs of oil being washed up even today on the Louisiana and Alabama coastline could be from this volcano.

edit on 24-9-2010 by StealthyKat because: corrected mistake

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

I had not seen this...good catch. The term 'sweep it under the carpet' comes to mind. Gee. We should all feel so much better now knowing it's all done & in record time! Damn, their good. ( I would like to say sarcasim is a fault & I'm working on it...but that would be an out right lie. )

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Dood, here is one of the videos of flames underwater. There are better images & I am still looking. This produced a clickable link when I tested it by emailing to my self. Fingers crossed..here goes.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I had never heard of them either until recently. Asphalt is basically tar, and produce tar balls (like we see floating up on the cams, and what has been washing up on the coast).....asphalt volcanoes also produce oil, and releases plumes of it. So, I think the tremendous amount of oil released since the beginning of all this was a combination of BP's well and an asphalt volcano. Being so deep the blast would not come all the way to the surface, because of the high pressure. The initial explosion was caused by a methane bubble erupting, so being so close to the chapopote area, it could have triggered it to erupt. The other type of volcano down there are mud volcanoes, and they release methane....which could explain why the methane levels are so extremely high. I'm no scientist, but it makes sense when you look at it that way. There were just astounding amounts of oil and methane released, I don't think it was just from the well...there was just so much of it.....put that together with these huge eruptions, happening on a regular basis since the oil spill, and there you have it. Another thing about volcanoes.....when a volcano erupts, it starts out smouldering and smoking, then the big blast, followed by spurts of explosions, with lulls in between. This is exactly how the explosions down there behave. Thanks for your support Kno.....it means a lot!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
LOL....I was repying to you Kno, not myself!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I plumb forgot about the asphalt volcanoes! How uneducated of me *wink* We have them here off the coast of Cali too.

Have a grand day/evening everyone

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

You guys have some big ones there! I had never heard of them until I came across it on the internet. Uneducated? I don't think so! LOL!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Check this out....it' is off Samoa, not the Gulf, but it's so cool! Some of the clouds look very familiar huh?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

top topics

<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join