It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 259
<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

The reading is at the top on the video capture on page 257. The red dial moves left from centre. I can't make out the numbers.

You say you see the sea bed moving to the right, and that the metal object in the ground is stationery.

Please look at the video again, and this time see the metal object as fixed to the ROV and moving left (as is the ROV). The pile of rubble is moved slowly left and some of it falls from the top of the pile near the metal object.
The sea bed is definately NOT moving, it's the metal cylinder attached to the ROV that moves and that forces the pile of rubble left. This creates the illusion of the sea bed moving to the right, simply because you are seeing it through the ROV camera and so are governed by the ROV's movement.

This is like watching an adjoining train move away when yours is stationery, and it feels like your train is moving - perception is fooled by ones limited vision.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Sorry Ckitch I believe it is you who is mistaken. I am aware of the coordinate that you are referring to. It displays how many degrees to the N S E or W that the ROV is turning. In addition most of the times the ROV are not dragging anything. Please explain how your theory works when the ROV is at 18ft or more altitude not dragging anything and we still see these events. Kat is not using her imagination she is relying on facts. The GOM does have asphalt volcanoes, is near major fault zones ( Puerto Rico Trench) and has incurred significant damage due to deepwater drilling and many leaking wells. There is plenty research available for those who really want to know.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch
reply to post by justadood

Please look at the video again, and this time see the metal object as fixed to the ROV and moving left (as is the ROV). The pile of rubble is moved slowly left and some of it falls from the top of the pile near the metal object.
The sea bed is definately NOT moving, it's the metal cylinder attached to the ROV that moves and that forces the pile of rubble left. This creates the illusion of the sea bed moving to the right, simply because you are seeing it through the ROV camera and so are governed by the ROV's movement.

i think you may need to re-watch, as what you describe above is not what happens in the video.

either way, be well.

reply to post by icecold7

hardly.

edit on 30-9-2010 by justadood because: add second quote

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

Hi,

I just can't agree with you (sorry). I believe there may well be compromised areas of the sea bed due to the drilling, and I too believe there is much wrong down there, but the sea floor moving, on this occasion, is not happening.

The video on page 257, 'Sea Floor Subduction' clearly shows the metal tube in shot as being in some way attached to the ROV (as it moves in sync with it). Watch the video at 2.50 and see it moves left scraping the pile of 'rubble' with it. At 3.10 the metal tube moves up. At 3.15 it moves right, which creates the illusion of the sea floor moving left (having seemingly moved right earlier). At 3.21 the movement of the metal tube kicks up clouds of dust.

Facts are facts and there are many well documented facts concerning the GOM area. Kat may well quote these facts, and I don't dispute them. However, she doesn't have the facts on this video, only her perception, unless she was driving the ROV.

It's all conjecture, and it's pointless us debating this, as neither of us can provide the actual proof of what we are seeing.

Keep on watching!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Very true, unfortunately only time will tell.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Not been on computer for a while cause ive been really ill. Obviously heard all over tv for all of 3 or 4 hours that the whole thing is over then heard nothing since. Seriously doubted that.
So the feeds are all up still and theres people saying theres still oil down there excluding the pile thats amassed on the seafloor elsewhere. Ive only read back a few pages, will need to catch up.

Well done to everyone for keeping this thread alive, was expecting the worst since it seems to be brushed under the rug already.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I disagree as well. From 2:27-3:08, the sea floor on the left side of the screen is clearly sliding towards the right. The rock on the right side of the screen doesn't move an inch and neither does the ROV and the sliding floor crumbles the bottom left side of the stationary rock as it slides into it. The ROV POV does not change at all.

I've seen other things about the floor dropping and such, but there was never enough to fully convince me that was in fact what I was seeing. This, however, is definitive for me. There is nothing that can explain the sea floor on one side of the screen sliding towards the other side, crumbling rocks as it slides into them and in fact rising up as well as sliding right while the floor and rock on the right side of the screen doesn't move at all. Anything after 2:27-3:08 doesn't matter much because the subduction was already caught on film during that span. The camera angle and ROV positioning abruptly changes after that point like the video was cut or something. This was the first and only video that convinced me that the sea floor was subducting, dropping, rising or anything of the sort.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hi everyone....I'm sorry I haven't been on for a while. I had a death in the family. I hope to be back very soon. I did read the posts debating the subduction video. I by no means think I have all the answers, so I appreciate all opinions. However, I still think that it was the floor and not the ROV that moved. I'm not an expert though, so I am interested in what others see in it. Be back asap...does anyone know what they were sawing into today?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Anybody know whens the last time they showed the mudline leak
All i keep seeing is the ROV's being put 20 feet above the ground on a building like as if they are on display and on another feed i keep seeing them jamming some green tube on the BOP base above the leak while avoiding a view of the growing leak.
Last time i saw it it was streaming many bubbles up to the BOP
If this is still growing it indicates that either the well wasnt killed or theres a new formed conduit to the surface.
Either way something is screwed up.
I want somebody to take an ROV or something and find out what the hell BP is hiding because time is running out.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
And why do the feeds sometimes say BP MC 252 #1

edit on 3-10-2010 by Nogard2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nogard2012

Add t that What's up with the USCG doing a hull inspection on DD2. What ROV is doing the inspection? USCG or DD2's? And WHY?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
great job keeping us updated although slow right now this is the only place that I find good updates on WTF might be going on down there.

the feeds I was going to are not showing up for me anymore where is a reliable place to see the feeds?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

if any feeds are available, you can see them here, still:

www.sanaracreations.fi...

At the moment "Schilling" tells me they are still 'waiting for network'...

expect even the few still open to turn off soon...

"Development Driller 2 ROV 1" appears active at the moment...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Niblo....I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been well. I hope today finds you feeling much better! Yes.....it is very puzzling....they sure are doing a lot of "monitoring" on a dead well....they stopped giving updates the 20th of last month, but they have been "jetting hydrates", and watching those gauges like crazy!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

The only place I find them is on BP's site. They are still doing "biological surveys" of the sea floor, and watching the dead well LOL!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hey Kat missed you & everyone...I took many still shots of the video you posted re floor movement.
I watched it many times & took notes, I haven't had time to upload & post. I think it is a great video &
maybe a good learning experience as well due to motion in all aspects.
Will try to post by Thur morning other wise will be Monday.

Ektar

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Thanks! I can't wait to see it! Now you have my curiosity up! I checked the feeds this morning, but they were all down.....I'll check again throughout the day. I hope to be on regularly soon....but I'm still here! LOL!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
BTW what I meant was ....I am still watching, although I haven't posted much lately....but rest assured, if anything happens, I'll be posting it!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The feeds are still down.
They might have stopped all operations.

Problem is why didn't they at least do something about that growing mudline leak instead of looking at the fishes or taking 10 hours just to get the full toolbox out of there after picking it up and putting it back over and over or ground pounding the seafloor every ten seconds or trying to stuff green pipes into the base of the BOP.
Why can't they use the saws to cut pieces of the Deepwater Horizon wreck out so they can be put in a basket to be salvaged and inspected, not to mention there are 11 dead bodies down there that need proper burying and is it possible for the DDII to get its BOP off the well since its been "killed" why hey since BP is sooo dumb maybe they can yank the casing out and try to force concrete in the hole.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Kat, are you still hearing explosions?

top topics

<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join