It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 200
<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
OK...I found out what the green stuff is (it is antifreeze), and why they are spraying it. They are flushing everything out and getting it ready for the pressure tests ....and if I understand this correctly, they are going to REPLACE the BOP with a new one (which could be the shiny new thing we see)....is that what it sounds like to you guys?

The work began Wednesday afternoon and the flushing procedure will involve the following steps:
•The Discoverer Enterprise will attach a drill string to the top of the existing sealing cap.
•The middle blind shears of the sealing cap will be opened.
•The Q-4000 will pump an ‘anti-freeze’ mixture down through the existing manifold and into the BOP’s choke and kill lines. The liquid used in the flushing will be completely contained and carried to the surface through the Enterprise drill string.
•Following the flushing, the sealing cap’s blind shear ram will be closed.
Following successful flushing of the subsea equipment, BP will conduct an ambient pressure test to reassure that the well is secure. The test will be conducted over a 48-hour period, which mimics twice the time estimated to remove the original BOP and replace it with the Transocean Development Driller II (DDII) BOP.

In anticipation of a successful test, and as directed by the National Incident Commander, the DDII is preparing its BOP for further use on the MC252 well. In doing so, a storm packer will be set in the DDII well prior to moving off the second relief well site. here is the entire press release

www.bp.com...

[edit on 19-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
9:00am central time...........Skandi 1 is looking at a big hole that is seeping what looks like gases...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

It seems like they think that using more chemicals will fix this well. I like how they are already screaming success.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have no idea what I see on Ocean Intervention ROV 1. Looks like dust from the seafloor, or a mark on the feed's screen. Whatever it is, it looks weird. Like something is spraying out of the wires, but frozen.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I know...it does seem that way. Did you see the part about a new BOP? What do you make of that?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
I have no idea what I see on Ocean Intervention ROV 1. Looks like dust from the seafloor, or a mark on the feed's screen. Whatever it is, it looks weird. Like something is spraying out of the wires, but frozen.

WOW....now that is bizarre! On ocean intervention 2.....is that a BOP??? Because it keeps falling to the left and the ROVs are doing something to it.

It looks like they put chains on it to keep it steady, and now working on it. That frozen blob on ocean intervention 1....could that be methane? If I am not mistaken, that is the ROV that had it's arm in the seabed for a while (stuck in the seabed)

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Dragon....on ocean intervention 1 where the fozen spray is....did you notice the dead eel in the background....just laying on the bottom....and to the right....looks like a really big hole. Do you see it?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
replace the BOP? why? and how are they planning on doing that logistically?
just realised Im asking you guys impossible questions. BP man, they dont make things any easier for themselves, every time they try to kill this well they end up making it worse and revealing more questions and problems than they were trying to solve beforehand.
Still, if this is the final hope and it works then at least they can concentrate on cleaning up and compensationg everyone theyve affected.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

It have never heard anything about that, but that's what it sounded like in the article.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I saw your report of what they are going to do or (replace) All that (doing) buys them more time.

It worries me, as the big talk of the bottom kill being the "fore sure bet" to end this, is not even being addressed!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Aye Im sure thats what it means. Also it says theyre preparing the 2nd BOP for further use at this well. Surely that doesnt mean theyre going to carry on extracting oil once this situations under control. Could just mean they'll use it for this job only I suppose. I dont know. Seems near impossible to know exactly what theyre doing and planning now.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Yep....I'm not 100% sure about them replacing the BOP....the article I posted sounded that way though. I just now heard they are replacing the riser....so anyway, they are doing something....I think they are at a loss about what they should do. Or at least it seems that way.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
There is no way that the stuff coming out from that thing on Enterprise ROV 2 is anti freeze. For one its not even going to anything. It's just leaking out from that thing. Second, it looks brown at times...I still think the green tint is more a color filter.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
|

Deepwater Horizon: BP to replace Macondo BOP

Published: Aug 19, 2010
Offshore staff

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The governmental science team and Admiral Thad Allen, the Deepwater Horizon Response commander, have authorized BP to replace the BOP on the Macondo well before completing the relief well.

The conditions placed upon BP in replacing the BOP are:
1. Submit for approval a fishing procedure and BOP replacement timeline
2. No flow of detectable hydrocarbons during the ambient test or fishing operations, and placing of a complete monitoring system
3. Drill pipe and any other junk in the hole must be removable without damaging the existing plug, hanger, or seal.

These conditions each must be met prior to the work starting.

Allen said further directives will address other issues such as developing a BOP salvage plan and conduct of the bottom kill.

08/19/2010www.offshore-mag.com...
HERE IS THE LINK

Oh...and they say that once the new BOP is in place, THEN they will do the bottom kill .....telling us that the old BOP must REALLY be in bad shape and the pressure test failed..

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Feds delay completion of relief well until MID-SEPTEMBER, “HOPEFULLY… HOPEFULLY” — Looking for problematic “MATERIAL” in well (VIDEO)

Source www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... l-video

Ektar

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tribble

I saw your report of what they are going to do or (replace) All that (doing) buys them more time.

It worries me, as the big talk of the bottom kill being the "fore sure bet" to end this, is not even being addressed!

It worries me too. They were supposed to be finished with the relief well....but stopped suddenly, and now going to replace the BOP before they drill anymore. That just tells you what bad shape the BOP is in and they are afraid to drill the relief well into it!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I haven't had a chance to watch this yet...
saw 1st couple of minutes...looks hot...fisherman
is going off on the panel!

Head of Navy tours Gulf, shocked by amount of oil: “Wow, what are we in sir?” — Fisherman responds “Kind of looks like a UFO underwater, don’t it?” (VIDEO)

Source www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... water-dont-it-pgi-video

Ektar

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Another shot of the plume on Enterprise ROV 2.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

They CLAIM it is antifreeze, because they are changing the riser and don't want hydrocarbon buildup....What I don't get, is if they are going to put in a whole new BOP, then why change the riser on the old one??? This is really getting weird.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well when they replace it, everyone realizes oil will start spewing again. And whatever else they shoved into that thing. Of course that's all assuming there isn't another explosion due to methane buildup. If the new BOP would be a fix, then why didn't they do it before?

top topics

<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join