It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 198
<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ttatw

I am wondering if the color has anything to do with the lighting or the filters that they are using. Also remeber earlier on the lighting they used was making it look like a fire or a flame coming out of the BOP. I don't think they would use any antifreeze but you never know what they are going to do as we have seen during this whole deal.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ttatw

I guess your right I didn't even think about that. I thought something was strange when it kicked back those numbers. Using those Q4000 E and N numbers would have put it into the other side of Fla. Thanks for the help that makes alot more sense.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
I have a question and need a little help on this. Can someone else check the E and N numbers on Q 4000 ROV1 using Andrew Higgins calculator and see if I missed something with the calculations please. It seems that the location on the ROV is either wrong or that thing is in another time zone. Something about it seems strange.

It does....so many things about it.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ttatw
I hope we can stop saying things like the green stuff might be anti-freeze. Anti-freeze (standard formula) is deadly and they would not benefit any by dumping it into open water. They could melt hydrates better with hot water anyway.

I called BP and asked for reliable source info for what is being shown on the ROVs. Whether I will get any response, who knows..., but better to try than not. Anyway, let's try to get better info and not post wild speculation. Don't be afraid to call these guys - BP or any govt agency - the Gulf and this country is ours! If they want to track you they already can, so put the pressure on them to give us better info.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by ttatw]

Hi Tsurfer....I just asked that because I had seen people say that a few months ago....I was just curious if it were true.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I had posted the Anti-Freeze question way back when they started cleaning the hydrates off by spraying the "Green"...& brought up concern if that was in deed anti freeze how no one has mentioned the toxicity of that poison...HIGHLY toxic....1 Lick can kill a large Dog...

We were seeing the green spray before they started using all the different filters...as things have increasingly gotten worse,
they keep trying every trick they can find to mask our viewing...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wish one of us could be the caller for a question
instead of the MSM...Still cannot
believe no one has asked Good Ole Thad about the "Stasis"
or "Dead" well they are going to KILL...when it's not
DEAD...There should be NO PRESSURES to READ...He's
been claiming this victory part for so long one would think
an intelligent person would be able to ask that question by now...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
As far as the ROV positions, I think people
are finding it more useful to view the Live Ship Feed Locations...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

I cannot say for sure that BP is using this but there are non toxic and less toxic anti freezes on the market. So they could be using that type of antifreeze but I cannot say yes they are using it. With the way they used corexit I would have to say that if it is anti freeze it probably insn't the less or non toxic variety. I could be wrong and I hope I am not but we just don't know. Also I don't think they will tell us and again I hope I am wrong about this to. These are some things that I have no problem being wrong about.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Has no-one been watching enterprise the last 20 minutes?

they connected that hanging pipe to what looks like another BOP, there was a sea of the green smoke from it as it was happening.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Just a wee update for everybody when you get back:

The hanging pipe has been connected to something that look like another BOP for the last hour or so, theres still a little green smoke coming out though so the connection is obviously not completely tightened.

Achiever maxx 2 has started taking large pins out of a line of holes on a peice of equipment. The last time I seen something similair was just before they put the cap on.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Aww I missed it. Enterprise now showing the distant glow of ROV headlights.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Some interesting red lines on Ocean Intervention ROV 2. Not sure what these could be.

Also on Skandi 1:

[edit on 18-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here's the info re Anti-Freeze ...I just had to know so I poked
around...This is a very informative page...I didn't
put what I posted as snippets because I wasn't sure
as each section on the page has it's own title...
so I apologize if I did it wrong...

Hydrates in natural gas processing

Routine operations

Methane clathrates (hydrates) are also commonly formed during natural gas production operations, when liquid water is condensed in the presence of methane at high pressure. It is known that larger hydrocarbon molecules such as ethane and propane can also form hydrates, although as the molecule length increases (butanes, pentanes), they cannot fit into the water cage structure and tend to destabilise the formation of hydrates.

Once formed, hydrates can block pipeline and processing equipment. They are generally then removed by reducing the pressure, heating them, or dissolving them by chemical means (methanol is commonly used). Care must be taken to ensure that the removal of the hydrates is carefully controlled, because of the potential for the hydrate to undergo a phase transition from the solid hydrate to release water and gaseous methane at a high rate as the pressure is reduced. The rapid release of methane gas in a closed system can result in a rapid increases in pressure.[4]

It is generally preferable to prevent hydrates from forming or blocking equipment. This is commonly achieved by removing water, or by the addition of ethylene glycol (MEG) or methanol, which act to depress the temperature at which hydrates will form (i.e. common antifreeze). In recent years, development of other forms of hydrate inhibitors have been developed, such as Kinetic Hydrate Inhibitors (which dramatically slow the rate of hydrate formation) and anti-agglomerates, which do not prevent hydrates forming, but do prevent them sticking together to block equipment.

Effect of hydrate phase transition during deep water drilling

When drilling in oil- and gas-bearing formations submerged in deep water, the reservoir gas may flow into the well bore and form gas hydrates owing to the low temperatures and high pressures found during deep water drilling. The gas hydrates may then flow upward with drilling mud or other discharged fluids. As they rise, the pressure in the annulus decreases and the hydrates dissociate into gas and water. The rapid gas expansion ejects fluid from the well, reducing the pressure further, which leads to more hydrate dissociation and further fluid ejection. The resulting violent expulsion of fluid from the annulus is one potential cause or contributor to what is referred to as a "kick".[28] (Kicks, which can cause blowouts, typically do not involve hydrates: see Blowout: formation kick).

Measures which reduce the risk of hydrate formation include:

* High flow-rates, which limit the time for hydrate formation in a volume of fluid, thereby reducing the kick potential.[28]
* Careful measuring of line flow to detect incipient hydrate plugging.[28]
* Additional care in measuring when gas production rates are low and the possibility of hydrate formation is higher than at relatively high gas flow rates.[28]
* Monitoring of well casing after it is "shut in" (isolated) may indicate hydrate formation. Following "shut in", the pressure rises as gas diffuses through the reservoir to the bore hole; the rate of pressure rise will exhibit a reduced rate of increase when hydrates are forming.[28]
* Additions of energy (e.g., the energy released by setting cement used in well completion) can raise the temperature and convert hydrates to gas, producing a "kick".

Source en.wikipedia.org...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I noticed those earlier as well, I didn't take
any photos....thought it maybe another dead animal or the
trash they keep dropping on the floor...

Ektar

Did you notice posts maybe only 1 page back where
there was no ROV location on the BOP? I have several
photos & didn't notice I think it was truthsurfer
who pointed it out.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Wow...Skandi 2 a major cloud just came onto the screen. That was huge. Enough to cover most other ROV lights. By the time I got Fraps open, it was over. Only got a 30 second shot I will upload shortly.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Cool I caught several minutes...I'm using
FRAPPS too...just realized I have alot of video to look
to look at...
Enterprise ROV 1 has at least 4 ROVs 3 shining back at us...
still trying to figure out what that object is on the floor?

Ektar

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
They have a TON of ROVs in the water...We are definitely NOT being shown all the feeds. got a screen shot from Ocean Intervention ROV 2. You can see all the different ROV lights. I count at least 6 different sets of lights.

Too bad this is on the ocean floor. Would make a great picture for someone to say 'look UFOs!!'

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Skandi 2 Blow increased...right before
you could barely make out silhouette
of BOP...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Didn't see that "UFOs" too
funny !!! LOL I have thought about that many times...
wish the rest of the feeds could be (would) as clear
as that...

Ektar

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Ektar]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You guys definately get the ROV ATS award

new topics

top topics

<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join