It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 197
<< 194  195  196    198  199  200 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Hey I see it too. Anybody have any idea what the green smoke is? There is lots of it coming out of the "bottomless barrel.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

I have a few to put up will have them soon

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
you can see it floating past OI2.

Ive no idea what it is, or why theyre using it since everything is apparently ok.

Looks like nasty # whatever it is, like gas kryptonite lol

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Odd.. I wonder what that is. I see it too. They are moving the Enterprise 1 ROV around to look at it.

At first I thought it was the light and the distance making it appear green. But it really is green.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Tarrok]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Caught these on the schmorp static page:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b7815e96ba0.jpg[/atsimg]

Niblo, when you can't get fraps to capture, you can almost always get the thumbnail stills from this page (they must have a T1 or other fast connection)
bp.schmorp.de...
Fraps won't start if the image is frozen. And it works better (but still difficult) for me with Winamp, or Windows Media Player if it is not embedded in the browser.

And, just for fun while I'm posting, here's an older one I got as a ROV was surfacing. You should see something, at least I do, but I'll let you look before I say what I see.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77d1e2875707.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 18-8-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Watch the lower right corner and notice what looks likes a steady plume coming up.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I see it, but I haven't a clue (the thing in the picture) what it could be....what are they doing now? That green stuff looks like the stuff we saw before a while back (the green haze)....I have to find out what it is...if I find the answer, I'll post it.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Here is another vid to see. I have some more I am putting up.

This is very interesting to see.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here is a video from June 23 showing them spraying the green stuff.... still trying to find out what it is.....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Could it be antifreeze? Hope that doesn't sound crazy, but it's the same color. Didn't they use that in the past to keep methane from building up on the BOP?

[edit on 18-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Cant find anything about what it could be. Except if its for divers or part of an underground volcanic eruption. Both very doubtful lol

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I found this interesting and thought I would share it. I used Andrew Higgins calculator and this is what I found. This is for the Q 4000 ROV 1.
Look at how far the distance is from the leak point. You can check it out for yourself if you want. Here is the link

http://(nolink)/2010/06/13/bp-gulf-oil-spill-rov-utm-distance-calculator/

ROV\Location:
North: 3179555.11
East: 366623.39

The ROV is -7252061.89 feet north and -836180.49 feet east of the leak point.
The ROV is 7300109.55 feet away from the leak point.
Interesting isn't it. HMMM

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hmmmm............. just heard on TV that Thad says plans for finishing the relief well are now on hold indefinitely.....until BP can come up with a plan to relieve pressure should it be necessary.....

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I wonder if they are finally cracking and know that they cannot spin this anymore. That is no surprise for us here as we already knew that something just wasn't right.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Now with that being said I really want to find out where the Q 4000 ROV 1 is located and what is it they are looking at. The cloud theu have been watching has been going for a while now. It looks like fun has just begun. It is not really fun but so many questions still that need an answer to.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well thats no the greatest news, I dont think the BOP can wait indefinetely with the leaning and leaks. And the ROVs and ships and staff cant be getting cheaper by the day either.

Cant believe that green fog is still being spewed out. And you can see it on Q4000 now after seeing it on OI2 earlier

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have a question and need a little help on this. Can someone else check the E and N numbers on Q 4000 ROV1 using Andrew Higgins calculator and see if I missed something with the calculations please. It seems that the location on the ROV is either wrong or that thing is in another time zone. Something about it seems strange.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I hope we can stop saying things like the green stuff might be anti-freeze. Anti-freeze (standard formula) is deadly and they would not benefit any by dumping it into open water. They could melt hydrates better with hot water anyway.

I called BP and asked for reliable source info for what is being shown on the ROVs. Whether I will get any response, who knows..., but better to try than not. Anyway, let's try to get better info and not post wild speculation. Don't be afraid to call these guys - BP or any govt agency - the Gulf and this country is ours! If they want to track you they already can, so put the pressure on them to give us better info.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here is a little more from the Q 4000 ROV 1 that has been showing that plume for a few good hours now. It doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You can't just plug the Q4000 E/N coordinates into the Higgins calculator. Q4000 is using something different. You probably can use it relative to its own positions at different times by changing the START: "leak origin" coordinates as well as the END: "ROV" coordinates. I'm not sure of units but once you do it we can probably guess if its feet or meters.

top topics

<< 194  195  196    198  199  200 >>

join