It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just being NEAR the G20 Summit Zone can get you ARRESTED!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Im really not surprised. These people are all complete evil. There is not a single good person in attendance. They are rightfully paranoid attempts will be made on their lives, and I HOPE THEY ARE. These people are destroying the planet, countless innocent lives, not just human but animals and plants too, so they need to be stopped. They have made themselves invincible against lawful action so what else is left?

I would be happy if someone managed to wipe out this scum.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I wonder if the legal chicanery was done as a diversion to take people's minds away from the financial chicanery?

The move to make it illegal to get within so many meters of the fence is really small potatoes. In principle it is important and really outrageous to have proceeded the way they have. People are right to be upset. But it can be portrayed as an overreaction by authorities who are just frightened by terrorism.

Spin, spin, spin. All is forgiven. And the 980 million dollars worth of spending on questionable contracts is forgotten. Good thing too. You can go to jail if you're not careful about that stuff.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
You seem to be looking to your government to supply you with freedom. It's supposed to work the other way 'round. You are BORN with freedom, and the name of the game is to keep them from TAKING it. If you truly understand how it works, you realize that 'they' can NEVER do that. You can't even relenquish it. What happens is, you become convinced it's been taken away, and start behaving as a slave, never taking advantage of the freedom you have. You become enslaved defacto, because you don't exercise that which you have.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ef8d3f29591.gif[/atsimg]

I don't have a "way" with words, but you sir have stated exactly how I feel. If only more people would realize that they have always had what they think has been taken from them, the world just might be a better place.

In fact, I am sure of it.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

The province has secretly passed an unprecedented regulation that empowers police to arrest anyone near the G20 security zone who refuses to identify themselves or agree to a police search.

What distance do they regard as near.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Under the new regulations, anyone who comes within five metres of the security area is obliged to give police their name and state the purpose of their visit on request. Anyone who fails to provide identification or explain why they are near the security zone can be searched and arrested.

source

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Under the new regulations, anyone who comes within five metres of the security area is obliged to give police their name and state the purpose of their visit on request. Anyone who fails to provide identification or explain why they are near the security zone can be searched and arrested.

Don't get me wrong, I depise authority too, but to stay outside the 5 metres wouldn't be that hard & still protest about these "G20 shower of bastards", would it?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Just read this on the Toronto Star blog section:

06/26/2010 Live blog: Saturday, June 26 10:35 a.m.

Toronto

CP24 reports car near Sherbourne and Gerrard pulled over, police find weapons cache: Nail gun, shovels, axe, bullet proof vest, gas mask. Driver of car is young man from Saskatoon who said he was in Toronto to do his job, which is to protest the new world order.

Source: Toronto Star

Have to say, it's people like the nutcase described above who is only feeding the mainstream media to classify truthers as terrorist threats. The truth/disclosure movement should be exercised peacefully to get any kind of positive coverage in the news, in my opinion. Having said that, I have noticed that the Canadian media are pretty much mocking the protests instead of being impartial. I have yet to see anything mentioned on the G8 or G20 on US news outlets - they seem to be focusing on Petraeus and other stories more.

On a side note: this morning at around 09:45 EST, I saw six military Chinook helicopters fly from north-west (Huntsville, ON) to south-east (Toronto, ON).

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Venetian]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Mmm... I have a rifle, accurate (for a torso shot), to 1500M. THAT "close-enough", for you? Of course, my airplane, has a BIT more range.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It is just after 5:00 PM here in Toronto and I just got back from the pub where I was having a beer and a burger and watching the end of the US/Ghana soccer match at the World Cup.

Just to set the scene a little. The pub was populated by the usual group of semi-sloshed regulars, who were all cheering for the Americans. The reason for this is that the barmaid, who is the mascot of the place, adored by all, including me, is a girl from Detroit. She is everything one could ever wish for in a barmaid. A tall, slim and stacked beauty, shining with low class allure. She has everyone wrapped around her fingers.

I was cheering, very discreetly, for Ghana.

In overtime Ghana went ahead on a great goal, after the US came into the overtime period playing very tentatively. (Ghana came out like a top NHL team going into overtime . . . all guns blazing! It paid off.)

Anyway, they took a moment to cut to the CBC news where things have erupted in Toronto. There was footage of a burning police car. As soon as that came on the screen the whole pub erupted in cheers! It was hilarious.

(Cut to nerdy academic voiceover.) "What does that tell us about society today, Dr. Melvin?"

"I think it shows very clearly that the people regard the police as a group that does not serve their interests. I would guess that many pubgoers secretly wish that they were less inebriated, that they had less of a need for anaesthesia and that somehow the police are seen as the hired minions of a class that has little regard for the ordinary working man and that . . ."

"Thankyou Dr. Melvin. Now back to the game."

[edit on 26-6-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Just heard the news on the radio. We are up to four police cars torched at this time (9:07 PM) and thirty three people arrested. Police have said that they are willing to sacrifice hardware to protect lives, including those of the "peaceful" protesters. The police chief is going to give a press conference at any time now. The mayor is blaming the violence on protesters from out of town.

As I write a radio reporter is accusing a labour leader of knowing in advance that the violence would break out "that's why we spent the billion dollars", "I think we know why they had to spend the money, because of these idiots as you (labour leader, Sid Ryan of the Amalgamated Transit Workers Union) said."

The press are definitely trying to justify this spending.

(How many police cars does a billion dollars pay for?)

The labour leader is saying that these meetings ought to be held at the UN or somewhere where other countries could participate as well as the "20".

(This sort of thing happens over and over. I'm beginning to think that the powers that be actually want this sort of uproar to take place. It justifies spending to ramp up the security state. It couldn't work better for advocates of a police state.)

Update from the police chief. Seventy-five people have been arrested. They are going to go after known leaders of violent groups of protesters.

Note: the only direct quotes in the above are from a radio reporter.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Listening to a radio reporter "embedded" with the protesters. She says that a tactic that the police are using is to divide the protesters into groups and push them in different directions around downtown trying to wear them out physically so that they will get tired and go home. She said she regrets not going to the gym more often.

The downtown portion of all the transit systems has been closed. Apparently it is still very lively down there. I have to go to work soon, but fortunately I don't have to go south of Bloor St.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
cbc confirmed 20,000 cops in attendance,
(on shifts, sure) more cops than protesters, odd.

75 protesters arrested so far.

* update: make that 103

[edit on 26-6-2010 by dianashay]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm on my way to work now. If I see anything unusual, I will post from the computer at work.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotgal

Mmm... I have a rifle, accurate (for a torso shot), to 1500M. THAT "close-enough", for you? Of course, my airplane, has a BIT more range.

Now, now play nice children.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I got to work OK. I saw three black clad people on the subway. They were young kids, just quietly talking to one another. The clothing might have been coincidental.

Getting out of the subway at Sherbourne and Bloor everything seemed totally normal. Traffic in its usual considerable volume was moving normally east and west on Bloor. The usual motley crew of late night strollers were on the sidewalks and everything was casual. Nothing out of the ordinary going on. No glow from bonfires of police cars in the sky.

When I got to work a lady there said that she had heard that the protesters were planning some kind of action overnight. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Maybe that's what the kids in black were going downtown for.

When I first started downtown from the east end, I was sitting on the bus and one guy told a couple of teens about the police cars being burned downtown. Cheers from them. It would seem that nothing quite warms the heart like a burning police car.

Paraphrasing from H.L. Mencken, the famous American social commentator: Maybe once a year one police car should be dragged out of the police car parking lot and burned . . . as an example to the rest of them.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Interesting.

Reports say black-clad demonstrators broke off from a crowd of peaceful protesters at the G20 summit in Toronto, torching a police cruiser in the financial district and smashing windows with baseball bats and hammers.

Seems to me that the extra police presence is quite justified.

This isn't freedom of speech, this isn't peaceful protests, this is rioting.

You all can't tell me this is all the work of "provocateurs" I don't believe that these rioters need any provocation. I believe that groups go to the G20 summit for the expressed purpose to start a riot. They aren't police in disguise, they aren't secret agents, they are the protesters themselves, who had the intent to do this the entire time.

While I believe that many go to protest peacefully, many others go just to break stuff, start a riot, and then whine and cry when police fight back.

[edit on 6/27/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I've been listening to a little of the radio programming today and what I have heard leads me to believe that this so called "Black Bloc" among the protesters are a group much like Al Quaeda, i.e., they are composed of assets of the powers that be and of dupes.

They are in Toronto on the suffrance of the authorities for the purpose of creating a climate of opinion in this city that we need more police presence, more surveillance cameras and that spending massive amounts of money on that sort of thing is justified.

Last night Sid Ryan of the Amalgamated Transit Workers Union called those people idiots. Last night some of them were smashing windows, and breaking into cars owned by the public. Well nobody is that stupid. Nobody is that much of an idiot not to be able to realize the effect of what they are doing. They absolutely know what they are doing.

They are doing their damnedest to turn Toronto into a city just like London in the UK. A security state city.

Why are they doing it? Because money is made doing it. Why are we told that Al Quaeda knocked down the World Trade Center? Because money can be made from it and has been made from it.

Wake up fools. You are being taken to the cleaners again.

For a billion dollars they could have put plywood over every window in Toronto. For a billion dollars they could have infiltrated these groups and arrested the ringleaders several summits ago.

They don't want to control this phenomenon. They want to continue to make use of it as they have made use of Al Quaeda. Wake up people before you give your jailers another big raise in pay.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was talking to a guy this morning who had been watching the coverage of the riots and he made a very interesting comment. He showed me a picture of a rioter sitting on top of a police car with his face turned away from the camera and said, "I don't know how many times I saw pictures of this guy and you know, they never showed his face."

He didn't know what to make of that.

He didn't know that he was probably looking at a picture of Sgt. Preston of the Royal Northwest Mounted Police. People aren't looking for this kind of "used food".

The last time this was the norm in a society it was one run by a senile aristocracy under the Romanoff family in Russia. These people are completely bankrupt of ideas and vigor. They have nothing to do but to devise ways of cowing and controlling the ordinary Joe. And it's working.

Because the ordinary Joe is a dumb guy who doesn't read.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join