It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke…..Ufology’s Worst Ambassador

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

The way Kandinsky worded it, it seemed to imply that the very idea that people in power could do such things was ridiculous but I accept your distinction.

I think bringing gay rights in is a bit of a red herring though. I don't think Icke himself uses that tactic. I don't think he looks at people's voting records to decide if they're child abusers. More like someone just tells him or he reads about and accepts it prima facie. Like I said before I think he has an inbuilt bias to always believe the alternative explanation. He seems to be wedded to the belief that anything politicians say is a lie but that ordinary people who tell him stories are somehow incapable of lying.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I don't think we're ever going to see eye to eye on this. I just don't accept your premise. The fact that people associate him with UFOs (and I concede that some do) isn't necessarily Icke's fault. If he was actively investigating UFOs and explaining them with his reptilian theory you would have a point but he has never done that. Like I said he has never pushed himself forward as a Ufologist so it seems unfair to blast him for associations other people have made.

Also, I don't think the article you referred to was anything new. He has been making similar accusations since the 90's. The child-abuse and satanist element has been in his writings for a long time, maybe you just weren't aware of it before.

I don't believe he's a conman, I think he's deluded but sincere.

Imagine if you discovered what you thought to be a terrible conspiracy and you were also of the frame of mind that couldn't accept you could be wrong about it (e.g schizophrenic) you might also embark on a crusade to reveal the truth no matter how unpalatable it might be to others. It wouldn't make you a conman though.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

DoomsdayRex.....

Maybe if you post enough about Icke you win a nice turquoise Icke tracksuit!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a0d234b12bb.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

MarrsAttax…..

Thank you for your thoughtful & well expressed reply!

I don't think we're ever going to see eye to eye on this.

That’s called “discussing things”!

I just don't accept your premise. The fact that people associate him with UFOs (and I concede that some do) isn't necessarily Icke's fault. If he was actively investigating UFOs and explaining them with his reptilian theory you would have a point but he has never done that.

Recently, a noted Ufology expert made contact with me to discuss a case. During my discussions with that person, I was strongly associated with ATS, even though that wasn’t necessarily my ”fault”. Nevertheless, no matter what I thought or preferred, I was therefore an ”ambassador” for ATS.

I see it like that with Icke. No matter what he thinks or prefers, because he talks about ”aliens”, he is strongly associated with & therefore an ”ambassador” for Ufology.

This is particularly a problem for “lay people” who are not well informed about this topic. They just hear ”alien”, realise Icke is talking gibberish & then they throw us all in the “trashcan of junk Ufology”.

Like I said he has never pushed himself forward as a Ufologist so it seems unfair to blast him for associations other people have made.

I believe Icke is quite happy to be hitching a bit a ride on the Ufology “gravy train”.

Also, I don't think the article you referred to was anything new. He has been making similar accusations since the 90's. The child-abuse and satanist element has been in his writings for a long time

It’s his increased focus on this nasty area that concerns me.

He keeps having to “up the ante” to invent new material & retain people’s interest in his new material.

maybe you just weren't aware of it before.

Yes…..I was.

I don't believe he's a conman

”I” DO ”believe he’s a conman”.

I think he's deluded but sincere.

”I think he's” NOT ”deluded” & NOT ”sincere”.

I think he knows EXACTLY what he’s doing.

Imagine if you discovered what you thought to be a terrible conspiracy and you were also of the frame of mind that couldn't accept you could be wrong about it (e.g schizophrenic) you might also embark on a crusade to reveal the truth no matter how unpalatable it might be to others. It wouldn't make you a conman though.

I think that is well expressed.

However, I don’t believe that is the case with Icke.

I have a work colleague who would describe Icke as a ”rat with a gold tooth!”.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

Why is it such a stretch of the imagination to believe that people who have those predilections and who also happen to have reached a high state in society would not use their wealth and power to indulge themselves?

I think we both know this isn't what Icke is suggesting. You're being disingenuous. He isn't drawing our attention to a statistical probability that a percentage of any population will include a child-abuser. He's actually claiming that satanic ritual child abuse is somehow a cultural norm in the elites.

From my point of view there's no evidence to support Icke's malicious claims. In this sense, people are willing to overlook the facts and choose to accept the reality he's describing. That reiterates my earlier points that some believe the world's run by evil forces because they want to. On some level they gain something from it.

I suspect it's a form of functional mental illness...perhaps a paranoid personality disorder?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

No i am not. There have i answered your question? The fact is that there are people who are paid to spread dis-info & this site would obviously be an ideal medium to do so. I am fed up with the crap people have to go through due to the actions of TPTB & while I acknowledge that not all "Conspiracy theorists" are legit or 100% accurate, there have been & will be conspiracies that benefit certain people. My comment on the OP being a dis-info agent was sparked by another members observation (which i previously posted) & I was trying to point out to others that the OP may have another agenda, that is all. BTW you have been on to me to put the record straight as to whether I am a dis-info agent or not, while the OP hasn't answered my question. Does this then, with your logic, make him a dis-info agent?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

You seem to be relatively smart, I wonder if you can think of any other possible reasons why I have only posted in 2 Icke topics so far? I'll help you, I only joined yesterday & I don't spend half my life on the net.
You seem to like to pick on other people, does it make you feel a bit better about yourself?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Ha that's really wity of you, must have taken you a while to think up a comment of that humourous quality? How long have you and "BumboyREX" been together?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Would you people please stop with the AD HOM already fer cripes sake!

Who is Barry Chamish? Anyone?

From the Wiki:

Barry Chamish (born Winnipeg, 1952) is a Canadian-Israeli writer, investigative journalist and public speaker, best known as a conspiracy theorist and UFO investigator.

He studied at the University of Manitoba and later moved to Israel. In 1975 he attended the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, receiving an MA in 1979. In 1981, Chamish founded a small press service and has contributed investigative reports to publications as diverse as National Review, Israel Business Today and New Internationalist.

Chamish has written several books, most self-published, of which the best-known is Who Murdered Yitzhak Rabin?, published in 1998. In this book, Chamish blames the Rabin assassination on Shimon Peres, at that time Israel's minister of Foreign Affairs, and on the Shin Bet instead of the convicted assassin Yigal Amir.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
ISRAELI SECRETS I SHOULDN'T KNOW

by Barry Chamish

No outsider was /supposed /to discover what I did about Israel. And I'm sorry I did. I could be raising my kids in suburban Modiin and working on raising my bowling average. My most outrageous political statement might be, "Now why would any teenager want to French-kiss Chaim Ramon?"

But I did discover that Israel's founders and its establishment created a nation based on a form of Freemasonry called Sabbatainism.

The first cities they founded were not given Jewish names but Masonic ones:

Tel Aviv - The first Jewish city was named for a Babylonian internment camp for Jewish slaves. It was from Tel Abib that Ezekiel was lifted by a peculiar biblical-age UFO to watch a city being constructed. And it was from Babylon that the Jews changed their months and learned a skill that God hated, astrology.

Petach Tikve - Meaning Gate Of Hope, the Sabbatain phrase for female genitilia.

Rosh Pina - Situated precisely on the 33rd latitude, this town means keystone, for it was intended to be the keystone to illumination. What is not understood is that the last three steps in the Masonic rites, parallel ancient Israel's latitudes, from the 30th to 33rd. The British called Rosh Pina's airport, the 33rd runway.

These anti-Jewish Masonic cretins cooperated in the deaths of millions of European Jews to get their dream state. Lately, they bemired the state in still another war during which twice as many of the Israeli dead proportionately were the religious of Yesha, still too blind and patriotic to understand that they died for their very worst enemies.

freemasonrywatch.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
What is a Masonic building doing in Israel? BTW you will find Rockefellers

Museum right across from this building, after all Rockefeller is in bed with the

Rothschilds et al.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eba85318f100.jpg[/atsimg]

Wiki:
Tophet or Topheth (Hebrew: תופת ha-tōpheth‎; Greek: Ταφεθ; Latin: Topheth) is believed to be a location in Jerusalem, in the Valley of Hinnom, where the Canaanites sacrificed children to the god Moloch by burning them alive. After the practice of child sacrifice was outlawed by King Josiah, the valley became a refuse site where animal carcasses, waste and the bodies of criminals were dumped, with fires permanently burning to keep disease at bay. Tophet became a synonym for hell.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Herzl, Father of Zionism. The financial backers of Theodor Herzl were M. A. Rothschild & Son of Paris and N. M. Rothschild & Son of London.

Google Video Link

[edit on 27-6-2010 by KIZZZY]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Kizzzy, seriously. What does any of that have to do with David Icke?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The question is...what does it not have to do with the information ICKE ferreted?

I see people talking about Satanism and rituals and how preposterous it is for

the elite, TPTB, be involved in such practices.....They say there is no evidence

and yet, who has really looked?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The Monopoly Men are running this show. Who are the Monopoly men?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY
The question is...what does it not have to do with the information ICKE ferreted?

Well, tell us? Because it's certainly looks like you've gone completely off the rails, repeating Chamish's ignorance and make-believe.

(Seriously, Chamish seems to making things up; his claims about "Sabbatianism and the names of Israeli towns doesn't stand up to the slightest scrutiny).

I see people talking about Satanism and rituals and how preposterous it is for the elite, TPTB, be involved in such practices.....They say there is no evidence and yet, who has really looked?

No one said it was preposterous. What we disagreed with, as Kadinsky put it, is Icke's claims this was a cultural norm among the elite. Besides, what constitutes a "satanic ritual"?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Well, tell us? Because it's certainly looks like you've gone completely off the rails, repeating Chamish's ignorance and make-believe.

What make-believe?

(Seriously, Chamish seems to making things up; his claims about "Sabbatianism and the names of Israeli towns doesn't stand up to the slightest scrutiny).

Seems to be? It does stand up to scrutiny but that would require research on your behalf. The fact that the ISRAELI SUPREME COURT is decked out in MASON symbols inside and out refutes what you say.

I see people talking about Satanism and rituals and how preposterous it is for the elite, TPTB, be involved in such practices.....They say there is no evidence and yet, who has really looked?

No one said it was preposterous. What we disagreed with, as Kadinsky put it, is Icke's claims this was a cultural norm among the elite. Besides, what constitutes a "satanic ritual"?

Why? Have you researched it or just dismissed it?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wake up world
No i am not. There have i answered your question?

Of course you would deny it. That is what disinformation agents do. While you may deny it, your actions speak otherwise.

The fact is that there are people who are paid to spread dis-info & this site would obviously be an ideal medium to do so.

How do you know? What evidence do you have?

I was trying to point out to others that the OP may have another agenda, that is all.

So what? What does his agenda have to so with anything? You are engaging in an appeal-to-motive fallacy. Having an ulterior motive does not make one automatically wrong. Having an ulterior motive does not change facts.

BTW you have been on to me to put the record straight as to whether I am a dis-info agent or not, while the OP hasn't answered my question. Does this then, with your logic, make him a dis-info agent?

Still trying to deflect and accuse others, so that the message is drowned. MMN does not fit the criteria of a disinfo-agent. You do. Despite your denial, not only are you engaging in disinfo-tactics but your sole purpose here is to promote Icke.

When will you admit you are a disinfo-agent?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The Kabbalah began amongst Jewish priests who were corrupted by the Babylonian Satanic Mysteries while they were serving in Babylon during the 70-year Babylonian Captivity decreed by God as punishment for Israel's repeated sins.

Look up the nefarious Sabbateans.

www.scribd.com...

I did provide you with Barry's credentials which can be found in the wiki!

[edit on 27-6-2010 by KIZZZY]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join