It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea seeks $75 trillion in compensation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
CFR

The Six-Party Talks are aimed at ending North Korea's nuclear program through a negotiating process involving China, the United States, North and South Korea, Japan, and Russia. Since the talks began in August 2003, the negotiations have been bedeviled by diplomatic standoffs among individual Six-Party member states--particularly between the United States and North Korea. In April 2009, North Korea quit the talks and announced that it would reverse the ongoing disablement process called for under the Six-Party agreements and restart its Yongbyon nuclear facilities. Because Pyongyang appears intent on maintaining its nuclear program, some experts are pessimistic the talks can achieve anything beyond managing the North Korean threat. The Obama administration has been pursuing talks with the other four countries in the process to bring Pyongyang back to the negotiation table. Alongside the United Nations' effort to sanction North Korea's nuclear and missile tests, "this regional partnership between the United States and the countries of Northeast Asia remains the best vehicle ... for building stable relationships on and around the Korean peninsula," writes CFR's Sheila Smith.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by belial259]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The Six-Party Talks began in August 2003. Numerous rounds of negotiations resulted in a September 2005 agreement in which Pyongyang agreed to abandon its quest to become a nuclear power. The talks came after a policy reversal in the presidency of George W. Bush, who had initially ended the policy of direct engagement with Pyongyang endorsed by President Bill Clinton before him. Bush included North Korea in the "Axis of Evil" during his 2002 State of the Union address and, that October, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) concluded that Pyongyang was pursuing a uranium-enrichment program. According to Washington, this violated the spirit of the 1994 Agreed Framework, in which the United States pledged to provide fuel oil and construct two light-water reactors while North Korea promised to end a plutonium enrichment program in exchange.

North Korea admitted to the uranium-enrichment program but refused to end it unless the United States agreed to hold bilateral talks and normalize relations. When Washington rebuffed these demands, North Korea withdrew from the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT), forced International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) inspectors to leave, and restarted its plutonium-enrichment program. With tensions mounting, including the March 2003 interception of a U.S. spy plane by North Korean fighter aircraft over the Sea of Japan, the United States, North Korea, and China held trilateral talks in Beijing in April 2003. These negotiations served as a prelude to the first round of Six-Party Talks, which brought other regional players--South Korea, Japan, and Russia--into the fold.

Ok I really hope this provides more context for this thread.

What this issue is about is an appeal to the international legal framework. It's a lot like what we'd do if we went to court.

Now say Alien Mind was blocking my business because I was doing something he didn't like. And as a result I'd lost business. Who would be liable for those damages?

How much would the damages be?

What should be done to resolve the issues?

This is where we've been with North Korea for many years now. The 6 party talks have failed.

Every so often Kim Jong Il comes along and makes a claim or threatens the UN or asks for something outlandish. But he cannot have aid or anything else until such time as he disarms and dismantles his nuclear weapons program and allows IAEA inspectors into the country.

So while he's well within his legal rights to demand reparations for damages because of the failure of the US and others to normalise relations. Any talking about those damages or the amount would be conditional on him first doing what is expected of him.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff2aa58ece9c.jpg[/atsimg]

Squash him like a bug. Put him in one of his concentration camps and give the guards $5 to torture him like they torture millions there.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'll say it again:- I think North Korea is right to demand the money.

Anybody know how to go to N.Korea for a holiday. I mean I know they let people in often enough

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

The six party talks failed because NK wasn't going to give their nukes to begin with. You can sit there and say we're fools for not agreeing with you but the fact is they never had planned on giving up their nukes. They have said it over and over again. So go ahead and post link after link but thats the fact because they have made it known.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Alien Mind]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSG75
I'll say it again:- I think North Korea is right to demand the money.

Anybody know how to go to N.Korea for a holiday. I mean I know they let people in often enough

Are you looking for attention or something? If you want to go then get on a plane and go.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Squash him like a bug. Put him in one of his concentration camps and give the guards $5 to torture him like they torture millions there.

First I will ask you for a source since I have seen a lot of your claims without any source.

Second I would like you to comment on Americans torturing, and Americans paying proxy states (such as Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Egypt), sums of money to torture.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

The six party talks failed because NK wasn't going to give their nukes to begin with.

I thought it failed because America wasn't willing to give up their nukes?

What am I confused?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

First I will ask you for a source since I have seen a lot of your claims without any source.

Second I would like you to comment on Americans torturing, and Americans paying proxy states (such as Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Egypt), sums of money to torture.

You must be an idoit.
You are going to sit there and ask for his source, but you make a claim without a source of your own.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The six party talks failed because NK wasn't going to give their nukes to begin with.

What am I confused?

Source?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hmmm...I'm not overly educated when it comes to these types of complicated political things, but isn't China an NK ally? Don't we owe China A LOT of money? Uh oh.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinthematrix
Hmmm...I'm not overly educated when it comes to these types of complicated political things, but isn't China an NK ally? Don't we owe China A LOT of money? Uh oh.

What does that have anything to do with NK?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea. It's only $75,000,000,000,000 when you think about it. What's that, only about 6 times the current United States external debt (~$13 trillion).

[edit on 24/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Pay the man. Make a call to the US Mint and tell them to put on a couple of extra shifts and warm up the presses. Tell them to run off about $100 trillion and package it up for shipment. Get ahold of the Air Force and tell them to put some C-5s on stand by. Tell old Kim that we are coming with his payoff and request clearence through his airspace. Once you are over a populated area in N Korea, just kick the pallets out of the back of the planes, with no chutes. One small thing. When you make that call to the Mint, make sure you tell them to print it as North Korean currency.

That would be hilarious, it would ruin North Korea with inflation. I like your mind good man

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

It's common knowledge that he has over 2 million citizens in camps. Of these there are estimated to be 200,000 who die every year. They are all severely tortured.

There are eyewitness accounts from guards who have defected. There is video from South Koreans who have snuck into the country from China, which shows the horror that NK children have to deal with every day.

If you deny this, you are supporting one of the worst mass murderers in history my friend.

As far as Americans torturing....it happens. There will always be some soldiers in any army who will do this. But as far as America goes, it is very rare indeed.

As far as paying proxy states to torture, we have a word for that which escapes me right now. But this is only done in rare cases, and only to get information that will save many lives.

Can you give a source for your claims?

[edit on 24-6-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You must be an idoit.
You are going to sit there and ask for his source, but you make a claim without a source of your own.

If you haven't seen this on TV then you must be living in the American dream:
(BEWARE HORRIFIC IMAGES:

www.hrw.org...

dawudwalid.files.wordpress.com...

www.google.co.nz...://bp2.blogger.com/_9IERS7jFjbc/R4CTsXX31PI/AAAAAAAAB_I/u9G_0l6LMlk/s400/IraqTorture.gif&imgrefurl=http://mr ishaanshareef.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html&usg=__jQS3UcmZIGyWLPOJIqt-tt7ZD4Y=&h=265&w=400&sz=251&hl=en&start=6&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=IEnnhj1MFiXtp M:&tbnh=82&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Diraq%2Btorture%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26tbs%3Disch:1

www.antiwar.com...

STOP it mate, I always post sources, at least to those informations which are not well available, but for you to act ignorant of American torture is the worst type of ignorance available.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind

What am I confused?

Source?

hahahah, you make Americans look like idiots.. ATS is an example of America not transparent to the world, please don't infect ATS.

ATS was suppose to be the only place intelligent and well informed Americans could discuss world issues, and now look at you.

The United States was the first country in the world to develop nuclear weapons, and is the only country to have used them in warfare, with the two bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in World War II. Before and during the Cold War it conducted over a thousand nuclear tests and developed many long-range weapon delivery systems.[3] It maintains an arsenal of 5,113 warheads[1][2] and facilities for their construction and design, though many of the Cold War facilities have since been deactivated and are sites for environmental remediation.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 24-6-2010 by LittleSecret]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I'll eagerly wait for your source

Second line./

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jdills1196

75 trillion?

Bwa,gua,gua,gua,gua,gua,gua.

But seriously......

That's a lot of money, I think the USA should settle.

I'd die to see Obama and Kim go at it in front of Judge Judy.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Its no use arguing with these people. They hate everything that America stands for, and they will try their best to tear it down.

They are miserable souls, and they will not quit until they make everybody just as miserable as themselves.

They hate America so much that they will support people like Kim Jong Il. It's disgusting.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join