It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea seeks $75 trillion in compensation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
ok, after ROFLMAO with this report about nuthead short assed lil' Kims petulant demand, time to get serious, or as serious as anyone can get with lil kim, least some halfbaked halfbreed who can't see the humour and hilarity in it all label the rest of the humanity as lunatics.

Here's the proposal:-
Will someone please tell lil' kim to send the claim forms to the NWO/Corporation/The Club, etc, etc whatever you wish to call it who are the ones truly responsible for our misfortune and misery for decades?

Also tell him 6 billion humans are already in the queue, and better get his act together fast before another few thousands are born within the second and joins the queue.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
This thread reminds me once again how truly ignorant and self centred some people here are. I don't mind saying I hate you guys and wish you would stop posting.

Under the rules of war. The victor has the right to claim reparations from the loser, just as the allies did against Germany and Japan.

So yes North Korea is actually legally entitled to claim these damages. There is no telling how much lost income the democratically elected communist government has lost during all these years of war, and the splitting up of the peninsula to keep idiot Americans safe from different ideologies and races.

Oh noes the communists! The Asian hordes! Wow this guy is a crazy lunatic dictator and he's insane!

Listen to you fools you're the crazy lunatics. You say the same stuff about every single country you invade and destroy and I've been listening to it all my life.

The sad truth is most Americans are too stupid to even know they've done the same thing over and over again nearly 60 times now. Exporting capitalism and debt like any other terrorist or communist would have exported their failed ideologies with your disgusting Neo imperialism.

I don't mind some Americans, but honestly most of you are monsters no better than the Israeli's or the Nazi's or the Communists and you're even more dangerous.

Sounds like your the ignorant person. NK did not win the war and for that matter the war never ended since an Armistice was signed. All you are is an anti-american hatemonger who has no idea what he is talking about. We had a legimate reason for entering the war since SK was our ally at the time.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind
All you are is an anti-american hatemonger who has no idea what he is talking about. We had a legimate reason for entering the war since SK was our ally at the time.

I'm not anti American mate I just hate bigoted morons.

Yes they actually have a right to claim damages against us, as in both our countries because mine was there too. And I've got no problem saying what we did was wrong and we never should have been there at all.

It's not our place to go around policing the world. But if you want to think I hate America then go right ahead. Because all you guys can do is play the perpetual victim while you go around inflicting pain on everyone else.

I hate more what the people we've been mean to are going to do to us when they get in. If America ever falls you will be massacred down to the last child because if you actually read history with any kind of impartiality you'd know we've spend the entire time since WW2 forcing our ways and our ideology on the rest of the world and enslaving them under debt and poverty.

Do you agree with that behaviour? Do you consent to your government doing that in your name? Because if there is blowback you sir will be the one that pays. They've got bunkers and private jets and houses in other countries. Swiss Bank accounts and a way out. Do you?

What are you going to do if these people actually ever get the capacity to strike back for what we've done to them? Cry to the UN? Cry to the police? They'll be saying exactly the same thing about you.

"Oh look at this crazy Alien Mind poser, he wants reparations because we destroyed America and killed his family HAHAHAHAHAHA"

There are two sides to every story. And I'm not picking either.

I'm anti-war, pro peace. I'd prefer peaceful coexistence to constantly killing and stealing.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
lets be real

they deserve it

I wonder what Iraq and Afghanistan will demand from the US

much more than that

Hahaha, the U.S. being "hostile" is worth 65 Trillion?
Wow, you're brainwashed. The U.S. dumps billions and billions into Iraq and Afghanistan infrastructure...which were both decimated before we even invaded. You remind me of the quote from "Team America: World Police"...

"Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles." - Sean Penn

What a joke.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Now that we all understand that there was no "winner" in the Korean war. Using your logic shouldn't South Korea have a right to claim reparations from Russia?

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Styki]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

All you are is an anti-american hatemonger who has no idea what he is talking about. We had a legimate reason for entering the war since SK was our ally at the time.

I'm not anti American mate I just hate bigoted morons.

Yes they actually have a right to claim damages against us, as in both our countries because mine was there too. And I've got no problem saying what we did was wrong and we never should have been there at all.

It's not our place to go around policing the world. But if you want to think I hate America then go right ahead. Because all you guys can do is play the perpetual victim while you go around inflicting pain on everyone else.

I hate more what the people we've been mean to are going to do to us when they get in. If America ever falls you will be massacred down to the last child because if you actually read history with any kind of impartiality you'd know we've spend the entire time since WW2 forcing our ways and our ideology on the rest of the world and enslaving them under debt and poverty.

Do you agree with that behaviour? Do you consent to your government doing that in your name? Because if there is blowback you sir will be the one that pays. They've got bunkers and private jets and houses in other countries. Swiss Bank accounts and a way out. Do you?

What are you going to do if these people actually ever get the capacity to strike back for what we've done to them? Cry to the UN? Cry to the police? They'll be saying exactly the same thing about you.

"Oh look at this crazy Alien Mind poser, he wants reparations because we destroyed America and killed his family HAHAHAHAHAHA"

There are two sides to every story. And I'm not picking either.

I'm anti-war, pro peace. I'd prefer peaceful coexistence to constantly killing and stealing.

It's apparent that you didn't read anything i typed. First you say they have a right to the money because under the rules of war the victor has a right to the money. The fact is nobody won the war you retard and no they don't have a right to claim damages againist us being as they started the war. If they were so worried about the deaths of innocent people then they shouldn't have started the war and like i said earlier you are nothing but a hatemonger who has no idea what he is talking about.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

Now that we all understand that there was no "winner" in the Korean war. Using your logic shouldn't South Korea have a right to claim reparations from Russia?

Why not? Nobody ever wins these stupid proxy wars. They're doing the same thing yet again in Kyrgyz.

They just use smaller powers to have fights with eachother and play their grand chess game. Why do people have to play? Can't we move past that idiocy? Other countries can claim to be neutral. Why can't any of ours?

The Chinese should also compensate the South, there should be some kind of peace deal and we should wash our hands of the entire region. What does it have to do with us seriously?

Do you actually care what the government of Korea is?

Seriously what does someone electing a different type of government and then the loser of the election asking for help have to do with us? Maybe if they'd been more popular or had better policies they might have won.

We did this same thing in Vietnam. We did it in Afghanistan and we're probably going to do it in Iran.

For what? Why? To protect the interest of someone we don't even know for benefits we don't get?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

It's apparent that you didn't read anything i typed. First you say they have a right to the money because under the rules of war the victor has a right to the money. The fact is nobody won the war you retard

Why call me a retard? Why use names?

We say they didn't win. But we've reserved the right to keep going we just don't want to fight any more, because we couldn't. Why do you think that is? because we didn't want to admit we'd lost and couldn't beat them because then we'd be liable to pay.

They did beat us because we didn't win. They're still there. They still have an army. The same regime is still in charge. How is that not a win on their part?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This demand is probably designed more for home consumption than anything. By claiming NK has been damaged by the US to such a degree he can seek to absolve himself of responsibility for the state of the country.

And with total control of the media the people will buy it.

And there's nothing like a detested enemy to ignite patriotism, boost the leader & fuel war-mongering...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
75 Trillion?
Didn't lil' Kimmy hear that America is broke?
Why not ask for 1 Zillion dollars? They would have about the same chance of collecting. We can just print one of these for them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3e7a2be8f48.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
We never declaired war on Korea. It was a police action. We call it a war now for some odd reason. I don't think we bothered to declair war on Iraq either. We like to change the words, but the dead babies are there. You can't have it both ways. Either they are POWs or "enemy combatants". Sneaky polititians are responsible.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Nobody needs any compensation. If the North thinks that the US is responsible for them being poor then they are wrong.

Ask yourself this question? What's the difference between North and South Korea? If your answer is something along the lines of, the North have no idea how to work with anyone else or run their own country then you are correct!

They can't blame the US for anything. They both started in the same spot, now one means something to the world while the other is broke. The only compensation the North deserves is lessons on how to run a government that works.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Recently, Chinese Professor Shen Zhi-Hua (沈志华) provided his interpretation of Stalin's telegram in his interview with the Global Times(环球时报), a sister newspaper of the People’s Daily, the official organ of the Chinese Communist Party. This Chinese Professor says Stalin and North Korea started the Korean War http://(link tracking not allowed)/93O07a
http
colon
slash
slash
opinion
dot
globaltimes
dot
cn
slash
commentary
slash
2010-06/542920_3
dot
html

[edit on 24-6-2010 by FifiLamoreaux]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FifiLamoreaux
Recently, Chinese Professor Shen Zhi-Hua (沈志华) provided his interpretation of Stalin's telegram in his interview with the Global Times(环球时报), a sister newspaper of the People’s Daily, the official organ of the Chinese Communist Party. This Chinese Professor says Stalin and North Korea started the Korean War http://(link tracking not allowed)/93O07a

NEWS FLASH...

Yeah well some of us already knew that from about 60 years ago.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It's apparent that you didn't read anything i typed. First you say they have a right to the money because under the rules of war the victor has a right to the money. The fact is nobody won the war you retard

Why call me a retard? Why use names?

We say they didn't win. But we've reserved the right to keep going we just don't want to fight any more, because we couldn't. Why do you think that is? because we didn't want to admit we'd lost and couldn't beat them because then we'd be liable to pay.

They did beat us because we didn't win. They're still there. They still have an army. The same regime is still in charge. How is that not a win on their part?

Do you even read what you type?
They were the ones who in the end couldn't beat us, They invaded SK but they couldn't win so the victor is SK. They started the war not SK.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
We should tell Kim Jong Il that we'd be happy to pay. He just needs to show up in person at The Hague to collect.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
This demand is probably designed more for home consumption than anything. By claiming NK has been damaged by the US to such a degree he can seek to absolve himself of responsibility for the state of the country.

Well I think he should be pointing that claim at the UN because it was a UN mandated mission.

But how far off do you think he is on the number? What figure do you think might be more reasonable?

I think about 15 trillion might be a bit more reasonable really.

Lets take a look at the numbers. One can assume that had North Korea been a global participant and managed to engage in free trade it might have a GDP similar to that of the South.

The CIA world factbook

Claims the GDP of South Korea is $809.7 billion (2009 est.).

Now it's a lot more complicated than that because you'd have to take into account many economic factors like inflation and interest rates etc.

But just on that basis of that, lets try and work out a number here.

The armistice was signed on 27 July 1953. And hostilities more or less ended at that point.

So what we've got 57 years?

gdp per year of 800 billion.

57x 800 billion = 45,600,000,000,000

45.6 trillion?

That's a fairly high estimate if you ask me. But it could actually be between not ending the war and the continued sanctions that is close to the amount of damages that have been caused to the NK economy by continued war, even though hostilities have ended.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FifiLamoreaux

Well if that's what they want to say then why shouldn't they also be liable for costs?

What benefit does anyone gain from continued conflict on the Korean peninsula? Surely there is still the possibility of some kind of move towards disengagement and an official end to hostilities.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Pay the man. Make a call to the US Mint and tell them to put on a couple of extra shifts and warm up the presses. Tell them to run off about $100 trillion and package it up for shipment. Get ahold of the Air Force and tell them to put some C-5s on stand by. Tell old Kim that we are coming with his payoff and request clearence through his airspace. Once you are over a populated area in N Korea, just kick the pallets out of the back of the planes, with no chutes. One small thing. When you make that call to the Mint, make sure you tell them to print it as North Korean currency.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

What I'm saying is his claim for compensation is aimed squarely at domestic (N Korean) news. He probably couldn't give two hoots about the UN or any other international body (or country) on the planet. As long as N Korea bows at his feet, he's satisfied.

Excellent research, though. Nice going.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join