It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special "TOP HAT" Cover on Top of the BOP has Apparently Blown Off!

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LiteraryOneTwo

The wave was coming to Orange Beach, Alabama and reminded me of the illuminati cards that had been discussed at a different thread earlier this week, as the waves are full of blotchy patches of oil and the wave actually looked orange as well. It may have been doctored to look that orange, but it was through the guardian who now cannot reproduce the picture when asked...Sorry about that...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moriarty
reply to post by shadowkhas

That picture is completely heartbreaking. I hope they have a plan for the manatees when that mess starts washing up in Florida like that

Don't worry. The manatees are safely guarded in the Fox Network building, writing episodes for Family Guy.

Sorry

No but seriously, this ^#%@ is whack.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by djzombie

Looks like that big brown mass in the middle is flipping us off!

Looks like they didn't put the top cap on good enough, looks as though its tilted doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't think that is the same top hat that was on the system yesterday.

It just does not look the same as the one originally installed.

I know when they first put the Top Hat on they started to build a modified spare in case something happened.
The spare was modified using data they had collected from the first Top Hat.

I think when they had problems with the first one (hit by ROV. not working right, not fitting right ECT ECT ) they just tripped the string and replaced the first top hat with the replacement instead of spending time working on the old one.

I suspect as they adjust the valves on this one we will see some improvement of recovery.

Now i know some people are wondering/claiming the are scanning the sea floor around the BOP and yes they are, but its for adding equipment to the system.

They have been setting support for some type of equipment around the BOP and it looked like they were getting ready to attach some if it to the BOP.
I have heard that the may be planing to bring down a new hydraulic power system to connect to the BOP rams to retry to close them.

There is a question if the hydraulic system on the BOP worked right and they may be planing to test that by bring down a new(higher pressure) hydraulic pump system.

Because the rig had sunk the BOP rams would have operated off the hydraulic pressure stored in the accumulators on the BOP.
Once this pressure was used up the system would no longer work.
by bring down new pumps and pressurizing the system they might get the rams to close.

There is also two or more choke and kill fittings under the BOP that can be used to recover oil from the well along with the top hat.

They did use the kill fitting to pump the mud in for the top kill so we know that line is open and could be used for drawing oil out of the well.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I was just watching ocean intervention III and they deployed this robot with a long robotic arm. Then I saw a hole in the ocean floor and it was glowing white hot with heat waves coming off of it. I think they are trying to get some samples out of this hole.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I'm surprised Sandki ROV 1 is still parked in the same spot since I last posted at 9
Mish. Wonder whats so special here?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Im not sure if the live feeds im watching are actually live. I took a screenshot of 2 live feeds, one cnn and the other from msnbc, and they are definantly not the same at all. Msnbc has the top hat on, while cnn dosent have it on?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0026d16dab37.jpg[/atsimg]

edit - trying to re size images so they fit

[edit on 24-6-2010 by buni11687]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Just to add and maybe someone can answer my query. I have spent the last three weekends in Clearwater beach. For those unfamiliar it is west of tampa. My family and I noticed at several random times during our trips very strong smell of sulphur. It was so strong at night that it was making us sick to our stomach. keep in mind this is not on the panhandle but central florida gulf coast. Is there something at all normal about this. All of my eight years in florida I have never smelled this on the east coast but this is the first time I have been on the gulf coast in almost 6 years. I am gonna say not normal but maybe some locals or experts can explaine this.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
bah whatever. we got oil gushing into the gulf we got a posibilty of a mathane bublble bursting and all bp can do is put a cap on a unsealable wound in the earth.. I guess i should feel better the cap has been put back on.. LOL all is well now...

whatever.. what a mess

"cortez strikes agan"

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tdatreefrog
Just to add and maybe someone can answer my query. I have spent the last three weekends in Clearwater beach. For those unfamiliar it is west of tampa. My family and I noticed at several random times during our trips very strong smell of sulphur. It was so strong at night that it was making us sick to our stomach. keep in mind this is not on the panhandle but central florida gulf coast. Is there something at all normal about this. All of my eight years in florida I have never smelled this on the east coast but this is the first time I have been on the gulf coast in almost 6 years. I am gonna say not normal but maybe some locals or experts can explaine this.

I'v been to Clearwater every year for 20 years, I have never experienced a sulfur smell. Very disheartening to hear.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Im watching a couple of live feeds, bp.com being one of them.

BP.com live feed is spooking me, lol. It's following something on the ocean floor and came across something. I have no idea what it is.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Its following that trench. its got me wondering too.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dawged

Thank you, yes, a trench. I couldn't think of the word.

BP cam is not working and just before going off the air, it came across a lot of activity. Was it viewing the well?

I hope so although I didn't see any lights on it like they are on the top cap.

I might be mistaken but I thought it had traveled away from the well.
If so, they came across something spewing gasses. I could see the frozen gasses poping around everywhere.

I was wondering what you might have seen.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

They must have found something since the feeds are down. I'm getting the green screen of death on them now. I think there is a lot more going on beneath the surface then whats being reported.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Moriarty

Yes, I believe so too. I hesitate to speculate for now.

I'm late for work, lol. I do hope it's not what I think I saw.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I am seeing something on Boa 1 that looks like a toaster (from the top) in a yellow cage. It has plug in's on at least 2 sides & all the cables/tubes? are in a tangled mess on the floor. I haven't seen this thing before. Anyone know what it is? I can't get my print screen to work.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
based on your description i think you're talking about this

seems there is alot of activity going on right now by that robot arm you see on that rover cam.

description on the bottom of teh cam says "accumulator ops" i would guess that is this devices function - though again just a guess.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by djzombie]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

Yes, it looks like they might be trying to hook up the cables but they are all mixed up & covered in sand in some places. Just wondering what it actually does.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'm thinking this thing must be where the ROV's plug in - they just seemed to be working on it a lot.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
based on the description of accumulator, my guess would be it is there to accumulate oil

edit: post above me, thats a pretty logical explanation, it accumulator could refer to a central hub for all the rov's

[edit on 24-6-2010 by djzombie]

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join