It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special "TOP HAT" Cover on Top of the BOP has Apparently Blown Off!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Please have a look at BOA Deep C ROV 1. It appears that they may be monitoring a leak in the seafloor, as they set the cap back in please.

Would they be doing this to monitorr the pressure changes to the leak in the seafloor?

Hmmm, it appears that this leak got a lot worse, and they removed the cap.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Brandyfro]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
So attempt number one has failed. Let's see what happens now.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
One of the fins seems to be damaged and barely hanging on, as they pick up hanging wires again.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
I have said this twice now, and so did someone else.

Speak louder next time, I didn't hear you.
What a tangled mess of cords. So, how did they get it fixed so quick?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
I have said this twice now, and so did someone else.

Speak louder next time, I didn't hear you.
What a tangled mess of cords. So, how did they get it fixed so quick?

I'll yell next time.

Not fixed yet, that I can see.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Whoops. Pulled away. Wonder why?

read my last comment - though I hope I am wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

I disagree, If it does happen the people will revolt. at least 30% of them anyway. The other 70% will sit around waiting for the government to tell them what to do, yet no reply will be coming. The military will be on the side of the people. In the U.S. it wont be one man standing in front of a tank trying to stop it, like in China. It will be ten thousand people walking along side the series of tanks rolling down the streets covering their ears each time it fires.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Back to the lighting for one moment if I may.
I think we all know there is no such thing as live feed, really it is delayed by however much time is necessary to cut out the stuff you are not actually supposed to see.
So that brings to mind if it is delayed then the colours may be screwed up or screwed with to create the desired message no?
Regards,
Iwinder

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandyfro

Is this what you were referring to? I was able to capture is on put it on the other thread. The ROV seemed to do a double take and instantly went right back to the area.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Green stuff coming out of gulf oil !!! wtf is this?

link

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Attempt number two failed.

Let's see if three's a charm.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

Looks like there were some hoses tangled underneath the cap.
2nd try no good too.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
From BP's live-feed's site ....
BP Live ROV Feeds

This morning at approximately 0845 CDT a discharge of liquids was observed from a diverter valve on the drillship Discoverer Enterprise, which is on station at the MC252 wellsite. As a precautionary measure, the lower marine riser package (LMRP) containment cap system, attached to the Discover Enterprise, has been moved off the Deepwater Horizon's failed blow-out preventer to ensure the safety of operations and allow the unexpected release of liquids to be analysed. Capture of oil and gas through the LMRP cap is therefore temporarily suspended until such time that the cap can be re-installed. Capture of oil and gas through the BOP's choke line to the Q4000 vessel on the surface continues.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

So we've been told five or SIX times now!

My goodness!

link   
Earlier today I heard one of the ROVs bumped into & knocked it off. I looked at the ROV link in your post & saw nothing. No oil, no BOP, just a yellow surface that might be scaffolding.

link   
reply to post by theboyka

It would appear to be chlorine gas. There is apparently a strong oxidizing agent coming from the well that is breaking up the salt in the sea water (sodium chloride) into pure chlorine gas. read previous posts for more info.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GATruthseeker

Yes, I also noticed that it was "floating around" (or as I put in one of my early posts on this thread, "jumping around). So you're not the only one who noticed that something odd was going on.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I just heard on CNN that one of the ROVs had bumped into something accidentally closing a vent that was supposed to be open ....causing "a gas" to leak up into the pipe so as a safety measure they removed the cap and the ship moved out of harm's way. They made it sound as if there were the possibility of an explosion though they never said that. It was all very vague....saying "a gas" instead of telling us what kind of gas it was.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Moriarty

That is part of what it was doing. I am computer challenged enough that I do not know how to do grabs or I sure would have, it was significant. There was a yellow oval float on the seafloor, apparently to mark a leak. An ROV came and picked up the float, and the leak was more apparent, but not major.
This was taking place at the same time they were getting ready to reset the cap.
BOA Deep C ROV 1 was watching this minor leak as they were lowering the cap back on, and the leak became mush worse. To the point that nothing could be seen but swirling clouds of brown.
They lifted the cap back off the BOP and BOA Deep C started moving. It has not gone back down to the seafloor leak site.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by theboyka
Green stuff coming out of gulf oil !!! wtf is this?

link

www.youtube.com...

The Green Stuff coming out of the TOP HAT device is probably OPFLEX which is a biological agent used to break down the crude oil that escapes collection. It is non toxic and entirely natural.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join