It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special "TOP HAT" Cover on Top of the BOP has Apparently Blown Off!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
reply to post by atlguy

The colors on the screens and in the pictures are 100% the actual colors of what is happening. The lighting on the rover DOES shift red, but in order to tint something that red - it would have to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out.

As I mentioned though, I saw a mechanical robotic arm swing out illuminated in front of the camera and it had the same orange/yellow hue as the plume and glowing area (which I think is exposed paint). So I am sticking with my theory that this is lighting effects.

Doubt it's lighting. For what I know at those depths there is pretty dark, so I could only imagine the camera view distance to be crippled.

For an example, if you look at other feeds. On Enterprise 1 just before they were showing a large part of the BOP from far away and the whole structure was basically grey, while it's actually bright yellow.

Same with the oil, you closer it get's the stronger colors it will show.

I think

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Thank you. I thought I was seeing things. I am glad I am not nuts lol

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I haven't been watching today, just checked now and the top hat is definately gone.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a4840fdbcfe.jpg[/atsimg]
it looks like fire coming out of it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by trolleleet

Doubt it's lighting.

Then why did I clearly see a large mechanical arm become illuminated with the same hue as the plume - but was not this color/hue as it drifted into and then back out of illumination. You guys are going to see that I am correct before its over.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

As far as the "Yellow Stuff"

This may be new science. We are looking at gasses, oil, and other drebris coming out at 5000 feet down. The pressures at this level are enormous. There could be a level of oxidization involved. For example. The actual color of blood in your body is far closer to purple, than the actual red you would see on the surface when you bleed. the simple reason for this is when you do bleed, the blood is coming into contact with oxygen and than turning red. In the actual oil field they have tapped into there is going to be very little oxygen, although there are bound to be many types of oxidizing chemicals. As soon as the mixture hits the water which is oxygen rich it is bound to produce different colors. Yet at that depth with the oxygen compressed to the point that it is you will have less of a color change factor. Anybody who says they know for sure what chemical, gas, or substance is coming out of that well based on color, doesn't know what they are talking about

link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

I was watching some of the feeds very early this morning right off of the BP site, two of the ROVs were surveying the area-I forget exactly which ones, but I did notice a number of large dark cracks on the seabed. I'm going to try to get some pics of them tonight. They seem to do all this while everyone is sleeping.

link   

I have also seen this. I have seen them stop in front of a few very thin streams of what looks like a white gas. Very thin, whispy, and hard to see.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by trolleleet
Doubt it's lighting.

I would have to agree. When a digital sensor is over exposed (too much light), it will "blow-out" and turn to white, regardless of the color of that which is over exposed. If that camera and light got closer and the sensor was over exposed, it should turn white. You can verify this with any digital still of video camera.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
BBC is reporting that the cap was removed because a robot crashed into it. It also reports that approximately 2.5 million gallons are now pouring into the GOM as a result.

It's also being reported that two individuals involved in the oil cleanup have died, but the Coast Guard is remaining hush-hush about it. Me thinks there are probably more.

Also, oil is now washing up on Pensacola Beach.

The big question everyone should have is : WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Thank you all for confirming the stuff coming out of the ground. It really seems like the entire floor around the site is becoming much more active, with lots of holes and seeping gas/oil.

BTW, which is it? I have seen some that are white and some that are dark brown. Can either oil or methane (or both) be seeping through the ground at the same time?

I might not be a scientist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once (sorry, bad joke), but it makes me think that that the entire area is being pushed up by great pressure and is allowing basically anything under the ground to start pushing through.

If any of you do get some screen shots of the floor, that might make a really good thread for all of us to learn from, IMO.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by djcubed
I have also seen this. I have seen them stop in front of a few very thin streams of what looks like a white gas. Very thin, whispy, and hard to see.

I recorded them cruising through thick clouds of the stuff last night. I posted some info and a link to an MPG file on this page near the bottom. If you play it back fast (i.e. 8x), it looks like a plane flying through clouds in the sky.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
reply to post by Divinorumus

Thank you. I thought I was seeing things. I am glad I am not nuts lol

I seem to recall them picking up these small hoses on the ground seeping out thin white gas, I just took it for dispersant tools. Not sure it's the same tho

Originally posted by whatsup
reply to post by trolleleet

Then why did I clearly see a large mechanical arm become illuminated with the same hue as the plume - but was not this color/hue as it drifted into and then back out of illumination. You guys are going to see that I am correct before its over.

Do you have any pictures of these illuminated robot arms?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I noticed this update on the BP site:

"This morning at approximately 0845 CDT a discharge of liquids was observed from a diverter valve on the drillship Discoverer Enterprise, which is on station at the MC252 wellsite. As a precautionary measure, the lower marine riser package (LMRP) containment cap system, attached to the Discover Enterprise, has been moved off the Deepwater Horizon's failed blow-out preventer to ensure the safety of operations and allow the unexpected release of liquids to be analysed.

• Capture of oil and gas through the LMRP cap is therefore temporarily suspended until such time that the cap can be re-installed. Capture of oil and gas through the BOP's choke line to the Q4000 vessel on the surface continues."

Updated June 23 at 1.00pm CDT / 7:00pm BST

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Gut reaction:

It's getting ready to blow. Hope I am wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Where is LATOC today? All this info about the Top Hat being removed must have crashed the place.

It was an awesome up to the minute discussion about the Live Feeds.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yes it is possible that if the pipe itself had broken further under the surface, than it may have weakened the substructure of the gulf, allowing pressures from below to rise more easily to the surface. Once again, ignore colors. Between the condensed oxygen, the pressures involved, the oxidizing chemicals, the way light radiates underwater, and the quality of the cameras, the colors themselves can not be scientiffically veryfied as true.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
is it just me or is skandi 2 now only showing an robot arm now???

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
FYI. All the cameras at the well just went dead. Just one, a sea floor rover, remains operational. And it looks like the surface is steaming.

EDIT

Nevermind. It appears as though ash is now coming up in many cameras.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I want to see the BOP dammit!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

thanks gor
how soon did the cameras go out...i had been watching all day until an hour ago...

like recently last 5-10 min??

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join