It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if This type of Alien Shows Up?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Remember that movie: Total Recal. With Swargenekkert.

The alien device had a big button to push. It could have been a foot print for all we know.
The only thing needed is the anatomy to hold and manipulate something.

Ever seen what an Octopus is capable of ?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixus
Humans are still scared of other humans because they have different colored skin..

If one of these things showed up, there'd be mass panic.

That is what they call indoctrination.

We are made to believe such a lie. Works splendid.
There a lots of people who learned it is not true and still others fear...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If Aliens exists in another dimension or in different timescales they could be anything and we might not notice that they are there.

Perhaps Aliens are all around us. Sure maybe a few bipeds amongst us, but I'm thinking more along the lines of what we would consider plants & animals or even insects as the OP suggests.

I think the preying mantis is used because it is an insect that resembles a plant. One has to ask are there any Aliens that resemble, masquerade or use plants as an entry point to our world? I would say yes no doubt, as an advanced species would know how to use DNA as a building block of what would be considered tools or technology.

Though we think we know everything about plants, I'm not so sure. After all many of them (trees in particular) live much longer than we do, some for hundreds of our years. For all we know trees might just be a temporary shell or entry point that an alien species could use to enter our dimension or use as some sort of looking glass across dimensions.

I think sentient Aliens are and have been amongst us, some perhaps walking around looking at us and treating us as we would our family pet. We see them but don't recognize them from being different from ourselves - same goes for a plant or animal that could be an alien or just a node in an alien network that we are not privy to.

Originally posted by Scramjet76
It's comical to see how many people support this silly thread.

The point is to get people to think outside the box. Yes, this is a reoccurring theme, but it is valid even if you don't want to think about it.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse

But what if that isn't exactly how it is? What if the most benevolent of all the aliens that truly want to help us, look something like this?

[edit on 22/6/2010 by ArMaP]

Well id be in very good stead with them then

Since all they'd have to do is scan my memories and they'd notice that every year around spring and summer I rescue 100's of their earth bound cousins from spider webs, my cats and short lives stuck inside the house. Plus I stick their females when I find em walking on the front deck up high on walls so they can reach the corners they lay their egg clusters in.

Ive had a healthly life of Sci-Fi , so for me I can look past the external for the most part and let the species acts speak for themselves. But i could see how it would cause issues with some more fickle minded people.

Personally I long for the day when I can walk into a Star Wars cantina or Hell Boy 2 Troll market situation... the sights, the sounds, the smells, the faces... or approximations thereof

[edit on 23-6-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I'm not sure if the Praying Mantis or Tarantula body shape would be the most efficient for flying a UFO.

I would be very surprised if advanced lifeforms were anything other than humanoid.

I agree with this. I think humanoids are as typical in nature as animals, plants or rocks.

Who knows what succeeds a humaniod though, could it be pure spirit, as in "Light Beings" of pure energy?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Strange thing though - the guy who testified before the media in the Disclosure Project press conference said that the military were very puzzled by the fact that every alien race is bi-pedal and essentially has the same form as do we (a head with two eyes and a mouth atop a neck, two arms with fingers, torso, two legs, etc...etc...)

This lends some credence to the claims that many have made that these aliens are dishonest and hiding something.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The trappings of physical appearance can mislead the masses.

In all honesty, if a being that looked radically different approached the general public we'd have people condemning them as invaders. There are many who think certain "aliens" are demons because "they just look ugly".

Such a subjective perspective on things, and a very limited one.

Lets face it, most people expect alien saviors to be blond, blue-eyed hotties. It seems like the only sort of humanoid they would be inclined to trust. This is not without a reason. They've been conditioned to feel this way. The reality is that those who come to mislead us, will usually tend to look just like us.

I've been trained to move past that, so if robed Vogue models with wings get off a spaceship I'm heading the other way, till they are proven to be trustworthy.

That isn't what angels are supposed to look like and if Jesus existed he didn't look like Fabio no matter how many wish he did.

If a spaceship lands and an alien steps out that is identical to a human being, he/she had better be White and attractive or there would be some difficulties.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well any aliens that have the technology to travel to earth would probably kick our butts unless these happen to be aliens that get killed by water. If these were aliens that were trying to help us, most people would still panic and do whatever they could to get them off of earth.

This isn't just because of hollywood this is just human nature. Most humans just don't want to accept anything differnt in our society.

I'm also not trying to insult people who think multicutralisim or equality stuff is a good thing as also think it's okay to be black, gay ect.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Sorry if this is a repeat of something--I don't have time to read the whole thread.

What if the alien praying mantis was not twelve feet tall, but a half an inch tall and thus indistinguishable from earthly praying mantises? Humans don't treat earthly insects terribly well, nor many other species, for that matter.

So don't spray your yard with insecticide! The slug you kill is really from Xexatron and has the secret to psychokinetic hyper dimensional space travel, if you'd only try to communicate with her!

Frankly, if aliens see the way we treat animals, why would they feel comfortable coming here at all?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Or what if they were very, very, very, VERY big.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Doesn't matter how they look. It all depends on their `alignment` and `purpose`.

[edit on 2010-6-23 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The attack of the Insectoids!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

Succeeds? You mean up the food chain?

Post Singularity Entities.

Type I on the Kardashev Scale.
Jupiter Brains: Jupiter sized superintelligences composed of computronium nanites.

Type II on the Kardashev Scale.
Matrioshka Brains: A Dyson sphere type known as a class C stellar engine, composed of computronium nanites encasing a star.

Type 2.5 on the Kardashev Scale.
An interstellar network of Matrioshka Brains using wormholes as circuits. The Brains are composed of neutronium based computronium that encase black holes.

[edit on 23/6/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
12ft mantis: (my reaction) scream like a panicky 6yo girl.
12ft spider: (once again) scream like a 6yo girl. Then shoot it.
12ft meany mantis: scream like a 6yo girl, shooting@ it.
12ft meany spider: same as 2 choices above.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about really. If intelligent aliens want the planet and are thousands of years ahead of us in technology were just dead. They could drop rocks on us from high orbit and kill off the existing biosphere without breaking a sweat. Then their planet reseeding effort would go into high gear once the nuclear winter goes away.

After a few years would come the animals and the sea dwellers. And after a couple hundred years you would have a properly terraformed planet ready for colonists. Then in a distant future a few million years from now we would be the fossils. In a mass extinction layer like the dinosaurs.

Mammals. how quaint?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This is a thought provoking and fun topic. That little guy looks so happy and he's all like OH HAY! That all got a little scary when you threw the 12' tall scenario at us.

I for one would like to welcome our gigantic insectoid overlords. Since I'm all about equality, we can enjoy a peaceful coexistence until one of them thrusts it's ovipositor into a cavity in my chest and lays a thousand eggs. Agh, why complain? It certainly can't be any worse than my ex-wife.

What a cool thread!

[edit on 24-6-2010 by EnkiCarbone]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jumbles

Frankly, if aliens see the way we treat animals, why would they feel comfortable coming here at all?

you make some good points, but how are we sure we aren't programmed by aliens in our dna to act the way we act while blabbing it outward from the rim of our own galaxy via radio waves .... like bait , or a welcoming mat...

seems to be a few holes in our history books, one can't argue very effectively that there is at least one ancient mystery on earth, at least no on ATS, a conspiracy sight...

we all come here believing in something that is mysterious.

yep yep,
ET

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The idea that our form is unique was born out of the belief we were 'created' specially. Now that evolution has shown we are a series of changes yielding results that work for an environment, we can throw away that model. If our shape and form is based on what is most likely to survive in our environment, it would be hard to conceive anything from an environment like ours, looking very different at all. That being said, space is hostile so there may be species that have been out there so long, the have changed much. Maybe the lack of UV has allowed their skin to turn transparent. That would be much creepier than a race of bugs in my opinion

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

you have gotta be kidding, right? Afghanistan is only the richest mineral deposit on the face of the planet, if not the solar system. if we're stupid enough to give them afghanistan, then I guess we deserve to lose that invaluable treasure trove

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I wouldn't be surprised if the MIB movies were seeded with information about roach type aliens

in fact, some contactees think the grays could be insectoid and/or plant lifeforms

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join