It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if This type of Alien Shows Up?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Humans are still scared of other humans because they have different colored skin..

If one of these things showed up, there'd be mass panic.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
folks, im sorry to say this but i do think that humans here on earth are far too imature to deal with alien life forms from other galaxys.

i think the powers that be allready know this, and i do think that ETs that are here now could wipe us off the face of the earth at any moment, we go along with what they want to do cuz we have no choice.

the powers that be, want to bargain away humans for high tech things but the ETs wont give anything we could actualy use against them.

if humans could travel the stars we would be hated by every advanced race out there and we would rule and screw up all the primative races we would encounter.

our history with primative cultures proves we are not ready

advanced alien races will keep a leash on us for a long time to come

sorry for the all the doom and gloom but lately i have been ashamed to call myself human, i see how our world is now and how we treat this planet and i realy dont want ETs to see us right now, its embarrasing!!

try to be safe people

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

and perhaps that one small weakness of mine keeps me humble and human as well. Should I be proud I spell checked or proud I actually had a thought to at least try share?

There's nothing wrong with being proud of yourself. That's a good thing.

The "one small weakness" will only keep you humble if you allow it to. If all that matters to you is making the ATS front page and feeling proud of yourself then mission accomplished.

I'm not on a high horse here my friend. I have posted many non-scholarly threads in the past. But I'm not afraid of scrutinizing myself and vowing to make a better effort in the future.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Scramjet76]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by yigsstarhouse

even though i cannot see the pic due to only working on an lg neon i understand what your saying and of course an alien race is going to look different from us if it is a helpful being then we should try not to discriminate even though it seems alot of people like to discriminate

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by viperdave
folks, im sorry to say this but i do think that humans here on earth are far too imature to deal with alien life forms from other galaxys.

Viperdave, I know where you're coming from, but I don't agree that people couldn't deal with it. Some people would be freaked out, but I don't see the majority panicking - depending on the way it was executed of course.

There would likely be nervousness, excitement and some fear, but this doesn't necessarily translate into mass panic. Most people can (and do) deal with a lot more than some give them credit for.

Originally posted by viperdavesorry for the all the doom and gloom but lately i have been ashamed to call myself human, i see how our world is now and how we treat this planet and i realy dont want ETs to see us right now, its embarrasing!!

try to be safe people

Yes, there is a lot of bad, perhaps now more than ever...but there is also a lot of good that happens every day. Take care!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Obviously, I like that critter, I use one in my profile pic... (it's real) And have thought the same as you... What if...

Personally, reminds me of that show 'Starship troopers'... With the bugs snapping people in half...

I think we would be screwed if they were 12 feet tall.

Some say they couldn't pilot a ship... Most ships are piloted via mind control anyway... You don't need 5 fingers, just intelligence... Besides, if they could build them, they could fly them..

[edit on 23-6-2010 by ByteChanger]

[edit on 23-6-2010 by ByteChanger]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exsoteric
Hi,

Nature fine tunes all its creature, i believe design follows function. ......
no specific inherent design that tells you whether it’s a monster or a friend!

i posted a video link on page 2 of this thread, ....

Video Clip of Male Praying Mantis having sex with a Female Praying Mantis who has Already EATEN HER MATES HEAD OFF & They Are STILL MATING!!!

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
What if this type of alien shows up?

AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!

I might be a little skeptical based upon ….

You NEED to watch this!!! Start at the 1 min & 45 sec mark, or watch the whole 2+min

www.youtube.com...

if anyone else knows how or wants to post the direct link, feel free!

Thoughts, Things & stuff,
ET

fun stuff,
ET

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What about these guys?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e33faf37a089.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0486f6c6ef5d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/142ce066c3a2.jpg[/atsimg]

They all look so huggable!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by LiveForever8

I'd be loving it if a 12 foot version of that praying mantis turned up, he looks like a barrel of laughs. Is it actually smiling?

A 12 foot version of this on the other hand...
snip

Not cool :shk:

That spider pic has to be faked.

It has 19 legs. It's not even a even #!

I do think that insectoid type alien species would be fairly common throughout the universe actually.

Consider how efficient and successful Ants or Termites are in their colonies. I would expect such practicalities to be widespread and commonplace.

They say the cockroach is perhaps one of the hardiest and most efficient organisms on Earth and will out-live humanity easily.

This gives even more reason to consider that there would be some form of cockroach type aliens as well.

Humble opinion, but bugs etc are well suited to their environment and have no need to evolve. You only get "intelligent" when you can't cope with the surroundings (or you become extinct)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I'd say get ready for ANYTHING. Then we won't have mass panic when the time comes. But I wonder, with humanity's preoccupation with racism, how the whole thing will play out.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

But I wonder, with humanity's preoccupation with racism, how the whole thing will play out.

What is there to wonder about? Sounds like you answered your own question. It wouldn't go over good.

What you're neglecting to consider is the why. People discriminate against things "not like them" when all things else are equal.

If aliens were vastly superior in technology/intelligence then many would follow despite their looks. The weak always follow the strong. It is natures way.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
3 words for you... Starship Troopers Time!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

maybe we are going about this all wrong?

maybe it doesn't depend on how they look.

i say, if they are potty trained, maybe they are keepers?

Dear Inhabitants of Universe/Multiverse,
if you are already potty trained, you are welcome to come by my place!
my coordinates are posted on my location. I live at 120 B Street.
Thanks for coming all this way,
john

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ahaah well I now reconsidered disclosure...

Just kiding, I'm open to anything.. if they come in peace!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
In response to good/bad aliens,

Nothing is entirely black or white so you could call some hypothetical alien race "bad guys" or "good guys".

We're definitely the bad guys according to cows, but most certainly the very best of guys if they're in India. One poor cow just can't tell. I think it would be similar with us and alien races.

That is one of reasons why all the reptilian fear mongering and "noble galactic federation" tales are more agenda driven than just quick-buck scams.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Only a species having hands would be capable of progressing to the point of space travel.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Ummm Aliens and UFO's?!
Shouldn't this be in nature or something other than Aliens and UFO's?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

If the aliens are 12-foot versions of that critter on the OP then I will NEVER crush a bug again and definitely not in front of the visitors. Something from Men In Black 2 sticks in my mind....I wouldn't want to "tick" them off....

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

They wouldn't have to have hands, just fine motor skills.

Pseudopods could easily do this. Some muscular hydrostats could also accomplish it, especially branched tentacles.

Thats also assuming they are biological forms we might call organic.

They don't have to be. The original species may have become extinct when it reached its singularity. Its post singularity inheritors could be machines, software, cyborgs, or even weirder.
A species could be made up of techno organic swarms of nanites that shapeshift into what ever form they need to.

[edit on 23/6/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

How can you think that?
Play the game man
Your judgement is based upon the way life has came to be on Earth. Aliens could have developed massive brain power capable of moving objects. Insects on earth also have a tremendous strength to body mass ratio. Some are even known to build. Who is to say that the aliens aren't gelatinous and can mould and adapt parts of their mass into "hands" or whatever they need? Gliding anyone? Got to be a handy ability don't you think? It won't quite get them through space
or would it?

I think this is a fascinating area because we can stretch our imaginations as far we can but within the confines of reasonability. Of course I would laugh at chocolate marshmallow aliens. All I mean is, we don't know enough about life on Earth to know anything as fact. We really don't know what's out there in those billions of galaxies and just an unfathomable amount of stars. After the increase in recent years of discovered planets outwith our solar system, I'm going to have a guess that there are going to be many planets out there too and surely at least one has intelligent life capable of space flight that we have a chance of coming across? If not, I would be happy with any form of life until such times.

Remember, no chocolate aliens...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join