It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if This type of Alien Shows Up?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hi and neat post.

It does make one think.

I thimk Et's in the vast universe and beyond would come in any shape/size/form imaginable.

Some could be 1 inch tall to or even smaller.

It's frightning on how people would react to such bizarre looking intelligent life forms.

Some could come here and unknowingly cause a new strain of flu/sickness or such or us to them.

Contact could be very dangerous.

K

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well, wouldn't it be a simlar situation to someone with facial deformaties or something that makes them look different, and 'wrong' to some people? Then the hate starts.

That preying mantis is beautiful, and I would much prefer to meet a mansize version of that compared to one of those really freaky looking greys, or some humans for that matter.

I've been thinking on this topic lately too, and I suspect some alien races would certainly NOT look ANYTHING like a human being. We've created the two legs, hands & head & posture for something to relate to, something that would give us something in common with a totaly foreign being.

I believe in many hundreds of worlds populated with life, from the highly advanced races, planets say 1-2 million years ahead of us, and more simple worlds populated by a variety of creatures, not so sophisticated. Maybe some worlds would be populated only by bacteria, where as others with slightly more advanced animal & insect life, perhaps simlar to that portrayed in the Discovery Channel's docudrama 'alien planet'.

Can't get the youtube link working, so here's a pic instead for an example of what I'm talking about, this is a 'groveback' which sucks nutrients from the ground and is stationary for so long trees grow on it's back! (fictional of course, for now)

www.yourdiscovery.com... for background info on the show.

Then there is the possibility that such life could blow all our science out of the water and have evolved to breathe a totaly foreign gas, not eat or drink or breathe, the possibilities are ENDLESS, we just don't know how other planets do their math. The things Earth life needs might be totaly not what another planet needs.

I expect if an alien creature came here, they would need their suits on because our planet would be highly toxic to them, our air might burn them, our water poison them, our viruses & germs could wipe them out. The common cold for instance could be like the bubonic plague to an alien.

Also, as another poster points out, large insect based organisms wouldn't be able to survive here without a spacesuit or artificial atmosphere.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by The Chez]

[edit on 27-6-2010 by The Chez]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hey!!! I saw the cousin to that little fellow on my flowers this morning. Took him or her off and set it down on the ground. It will probably be back on the flower again tomorrow. Have seen lots of little tiny baby ones around too.
There is a lot of good comments on this subject. Humorous and serious.
I also agree that we can not get along with our own species, how then are we going to react to something totally unlike ourselves?? I feel that almost any kind of alien confrontation to us at this time would not be a good thing.
Well.. if they do come, I'm sure they will speak English as good as they do on Star Trek, Stargate and other Syfy shows. LOL...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

You mean this one coming from its hole?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

What is it? where is the photo from? etc..

ty

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica

What is it? where is the photo from? etc..

ty

Coming from Mars

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

There is nothing in your photo that resembles a lifeform. It's a bunch of rocks with a suggestive arrow pointing at nothing.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

The FOXMULDERS #146 & #148 don't agree with you, #147...
Joke

Thanks for your opinion

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

reply to post by FOXMULDER147

The FOXMULDERS #146 & #148 don't agree with you, #147...
Joke

Thanks for your opinion

Well, I would love to see what I'm supposed to be seeing... I've looked at that photo for about 5 mins and I can't identify anything.

Can you highlight the "lifeform" or perhaps draw around it's rough shape so we know what we're supposed to be looking at?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
From what I hear about this species in UFO/alien lore/literature, they are very spiritual species but have somewhat "Hyper" or "jerky" movements and can be a bit cross or temperamental sometimes. They are not heard of that often in the literature today...mainly making up maybe 5-10% of beings in encounter reports. Most of the time it seems to be your average everyday Grays or Nordics.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by johnthejedi24

Isn't that a bit of a oxymoron? They are suppose to be quite spiritual but can also be "a bit cross or temperamental sometimes." Somehow that doesn't make sense to me in whole realm of spiritual things. Seems something known to be quite spiritual should be consistent... At least I hope that's how it goes!

I am of course referring to the BIG PICTURE, not mans shortcomings of trying to be spiritual, but having bad days.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I recon Bill Bailey summed it up nicely

it would have to be a huge panini though.... mhmmm tasty ... i hope they do come if only for the panini ... unless im in it! ... but at least id try to eat my way out

traitors! traitors! spider traitors!!

i hope when they come they look like this

although i might try to put one in my ear

or this

as long as it isnt this

~TR~

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Tomb_Raven]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I will welcome it since humans do not own the earth. I would be thinking, take that skeptics, we are not alone. I try to keep a open mind if aliens decides to show up.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Chopper]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

ha, that is great. I'll have to look that one up.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Anything is possible. I'll just make sure to keep my reese's pieces handy.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by ocskywatcher]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Since they would need to come from a planet like ours the laws of nature on all planets must be the same also,

This means the No1/perfect predator on our little planet is us 2 legs arms etc etc its natures design helped along with evolution if there was a better way for us to look, over the years we would have evolved to adapt to the best configuration for our environment earth, OK so the skin color differs because of the climates nothing much more than that tho, "all cars look similar for the reason/purpose of design"

Now this must mean things wont be that dissimilar on other earth like planets harbouring wot we would call Aliens, the same rules would apply, which would over time mold them into something not so different from you or i, since we know the best configuration for intelligent beings in that type of environment,

Also and not forgetting every part of the universe come from the same big lump of mass its all the same make up down to the very atoms that make us up, its like the accent thinking i wonder wot they look like a million day walk away, Well we know today so take a look around you for your answers the same rule apply,

They could tho on the other hand be much taller or much smaller depending on the size of the earth like planet they live on, Gravity/mass etc) only then will the rule of the best configuration change some what,

Another thing we cannot say is of course the planet they live on/of may have gone on to evolve many thousands of years beyond the point of evolution we are at today, which we can only guess will be small changes in character over a large period of time.

IMO there not going to be massively different they will be similar enuff for us to relate to,

Take the Grays for Example! if we carry on living the way we live now we wont need to be big or strong having machines do all the work, thus the smaller body and streaky limbs, but we will need to accommodate a bigger brain with al the technology, evolution will have to supply a bigger melon to support it, this is the way its always work, so could we one day look like them? well then maybe there just time travelers

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well this was certainly a interesting afternoon. Strange how things work. I stayed home today because my daughter deployed for overseas early this am., and I wasn't in the best frame of mind.

For a few weeks now I have been wondering why I haven't seen my usual yearly preying mantis yet. Just a fleeting thought, but it has been there.

So, a baby blue jay caught my attention out in the yard, went and took some pics, and on my way back in the house, I thought of the preying mantis and this thread again. Thought about how much I enjoyed how one of my first threads on here went and all the great input people shared.

As I am back in the house now I noticed my cat being very intent on something. I thought damn he got the baby bird so I went back out to try and save it. As I got closer I noticed it wasn't the bird, but seemed more like a butterfly or something. On closer inspection, lo and behold, it was a preying mantis. I have to say it was a bit of a unexpected surprise to say the least right after all those thoughts.

Anyhow, I took a couple pics. I did try and save it and put it in my butterfly bush. I hope I got to it in time, though it did seem to be putting up a pretty good fight with the cat! Strange day eh?

Back in the tree:

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join