It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if This type of Alien Shows Up?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I am coming out like Rambo decked out with flyswatters and roach motels. pew pew pew pew pew. Only good bug is a dead bug sir..

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
the poster of this thread is 100% accurate. They do look just like a mantis, but they are completely and utterly benevolent. They are at least 6 feet tall also. I got all the proof I need for myself. Take my two cents, they are here for our good. If you encounter one, you will feel compassion and oneness. It's quite beautiful. I'm going to continue on my merry way now. bye.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
[img]http://[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68d48594850c.jpg[/img] No matter what they look like, they will be assimilated.........some will be eaten.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ToHoldaPigeon

That sounds like you have had a wonderful moment somewhere down the line. I'd love to hear more about it. I can guess you may be a bit reluctent to tell all here, but you could definitely u2u me if you'd like to share. I really am interested. It would be nice to know how I am 100% right!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Not really sure if this is adding value to the thread, but I've seen that mantis described elsewhere as "happy mantis” or something similar.

Once I saw people calling him happy, to me he also started looking happy. Not really a scary little guy at all

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
There have been instances of people encountering mantis like aliens/beings in their encounters. Here are some links:

www.ufobc.ca...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Heheh! If a guy woke up next to that thing he'd likely be suffering more than a hangover... 'specially if it eats its mates like our earthly mantids do!

Talk about losing your head over a hookup!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

As long as you're cool, I'm cool. I'd like to hope that we've moved beyond race by now...but I'm 90% sure we haven't.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by LiveForever8

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93ec8621fb9a.jpg[/atsimg]

Not cool :shk:

That spider pic has to be faked.

It has 19 legs. It's not even a even #!

Old war wound from the last planetary conquest.....

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well than we hope that they have their own food, because what we are made of and what we are made most likely not made for each other.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
a 12 foot one of those things!!!

I would need a much bigger brush to squish them! and would be out a fortune on bugspray.
Can you imagine a guy waking up beside one and trying to blame it on beer goggles

Honestly tho if aliens did make contact and they happened to look like that then it would just be a matter of getting used to it.

Great pic

So it makes me wonder would they convert us to there ways or would we convert them to our ways?

I can see it your way.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Can praying mantises bite? I mean, I know the females bite the males heads off after mating, but has anyone ever been bitten by one? When I was young, my brothers would always try to convince me to hold one, but I hate insects.

How about a 12 foot earwig? I hate those little buggers!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yikes, i would not walk up and shake it's hand right away.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Alien Apocalypse (Starring Bruce Campbell)

Once again proving that he is the master of amazing.
OP should watch this movie, to see what would happen if they attacked!

[edit on 25-6-2010 by jephers0n]

[edit on 25-6-2010 by jephers0n]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Like a praying mantis? Damn, I'll probably marry one! They're probably the coolest insects in the world. The story goes that all forms of life ultimately evolve into human beings, so even if the praying mantis species of humans came here, they'd barely resemble that at all. For instance, the Annunaki look like tall blondes with blue eyes. The only distinguishing reptilian features they have are these little circular patterns on their skin that you can barely see anyway. You'd have to travel to another galaxy in another part of the universe to meet any "true" aliens and even they are aspects of the same creator consciousness that ultimately made us… if we are to believe the Law of One and any of these "Insider Whistleblowers" that is.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I'm not sure if the Praying Mantis or Tarantula body shape would be the most efficient for flying a UFO.

I would be very surprised if advanced lifeforms were anything other than humanoid.

How many UFOs have you been in? Is there only one standard manner which to build a UFO, that being most comfortable to humanoids?

If a spider-like or mantis-like creature evolved intelligence and space-flight, they would do so in a manner most efficient for them.

Evolution has shown that intelligence goes hand-in-hand with the capacity for symbolic language.

Basically, you need fingers to utilize tools. And you need tools to create language and build things. This enables a high level of organization and communication which is essential for any lifeform to progress intellectually.

Language and Evolution

Imagine a 10 foot Praying Mantis - it would struggle to open a Coke can, let alone build or operate machines. Unless, of course, it does it all by mind control, but then what would be the point in its insect physiology?

No, no. I'm as open minded as the next guy, but I highly doubt we'll be meeting a race of massive, intelligent spiders any time soon...

[edit on 25-6-2010 by FOXMULDER147]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Id be like,,
Hey dude wanna beer?
Got some in the cooler, here let me open it for ya?
You say i should pour it down your throat, ok let me get something.
Got my beer bong....
CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG

Holy cow man you drank 12 beers already.

Your my new best friend, Lets go watch some hockey....

Dude quit drooling, your creeping em out man!

Here let me wipe that off, god you need to bathe more.

There we go all better, now you wont give my wife a heart attack.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cerebrus

lol that was funny as.... well you know... laughing here, great stuff there, Im married too!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

well if it's a civilization that locates us mastering intergalactic travel it's unlikely they would have any "Animal" or "Insect" features or characteristics and the reason is quite simple. We grow and develop physically due to our needs. Both for protection and simple survival. Think: skunks, porcupines, owls, humans. A civilization that can travel through space, which is also time travel, would be way past a need for any nature navigating/protecting physical tools. It be more likely ,again considering what advanced technologies it would take to time/space travel, that a suit perhaps partially biological would be worn. Besides that, they most likely look as described by countless witnesses and If we find them, they're probably a lot like Cameron's "Avatar".

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

YOU are right that it is an odd number of legs, but hey count them again. You will get 21.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join