It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning Signs on Beach: Breathing Problems from oil???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just ges to show you its not the oil they are worried about. Here is a "Heath Advisory" warning sign on a Okaloosa Island Beach.

nwfdailynews.emeraldcoastphotoswest.com...

When will we ever be told the TRUTH!

Why would people have breathing problems from oil???

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
A friend of mine from Mississippi told me yesterday the fishermen that were hired to do oil cleanup have all been ending up in the hospital because of the fumes. May are not even trying to get the jobs because of this, they’re just trying to get the BP money without having to put themselves in harm’s way.
Gulf oil syndrome.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've been arguing against this evacuation threads, but I have to admit that I have been having breathing problems for almost a week now. I have been putting it off as anxiety, because I just lost two uncles unexpectedly, and all of my family just moved back to Missouri, so my wife and I are left alone in Florida now.

Still, who knows, maybe the breathing problems are related to the oil? Maybe my family should sue and get some of that $20B? My father lost his consulting job because construction along the coast stopped. My brother couldn't find a teaching job here along the panhandle because of the state budget cutbacks, they all decided to move back to the midwest, and now I am having breathing problems.

Could be related?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sad part is there are many stories of this yet the MSM covers it and covers bp's butt in the process. Just under this one pure fact being held from us by our elected gov shows the lack of leadership they have. They are more concerned with there pockets and the next election to let anyone know WTF is going on.

With this one fact our gov should be overthrown and rebuilt against lobbiest and gov parties.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I've been arguing against this evacuation threads, but I have to admit that I have been having breathing problems for almost a week now. I have been putting it off as anxiety, because I just lost two uncles unexpectedly, and all of my family just moved back to Missouri, so my wife and I are left alone in Florida now.

Still, who knows, maybe the breathing problems are related to the oil? Maybe my family should sue and get some of that $20B? My father lost his consulting job because construction along the coast stopped. My brother couldn't find a teaching job here along the panhandle because of the state budget cutbacks, they all decided to move back to the midwest, and now I am having breathing problems.

Could be related?

IDK what it could be but I am also in FL so I hope its just stress but concidering that our gov and MSM does not tell us anything it could be anything.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Does anybody know if there are any QUALIFIED and INDEPENDENT people down there doing air/water testing and publishing the results online? There are lots of rumors swirling around and I'm not going to trust anything publsihed by the gov't, any trade group, industry or the like. We need a good, independent source.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

Oddly enough, it has been happening to my wife as well, and she went to the ER yesterday. She likes Doctors a lot more than me. We are both having chest pain, pressure, hard to get deep breaths, occasional dizzy spell. She also had burning esophagus and pain in arm pit, plus tingling and fat tongue. I've been ignoring mine, and it seems to feel better when I work hard or exercise, and it gets much worse when I start worrying about something. Hers has been constant.

ER doc prescribed Atavan for anxiety and sent her home.

If it is oil related, Atavan and other happy pills will surely make the population not give a dam about it and go on with their daily routines. My wife took 1 pill yesterday, but she won't be taking any more.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Does anybody know if there are any QUALIFIED and INDEPENDENT people down there doing air/water testing and publishing the results online? There are lots of rumors swirling around and I'm not going to trust anything publsihed by the gov't, any trade group, industry or the like. We need a good, independent source.

I started a thread on detection and testing but no one can explain the testing tubs to me so I can test the air. AlsoI could not find a detector to test either.

Would be my pleasure to post up as I am thinkng the same as you.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
One would think that finding someone to speak out on some real test results would be easy…But you can’t fly over or take pictures of the clean-up either.
It’s a media lock down on the truth.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I hope she doesn't take that. Our bodies give us warning signs and Doctors suppress our built in warning systems with drugs.

I used to live in Destin and have friends out there, I hope they (and you) are OK.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You need to watch this video. It is a tutorial for oil rig workers on the dangers of hydrogen sulphide, which they are exposed to when drilling.
Serious stuff, and your descriptions of your health issues are fitting of exposure to this substance, it sounds like.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AP-Chris

I hope she doesn't take that. Our bodies give us warning signs and Doctors suppress our built in warning systems with drugs.

I used to live in Destin and have friends out there, I hope they (and you) are OK.

Thank you!

I, too, would volunteer to do air and water testing if I had equipment. I live 15 miles from the beach near St. Mark's Island. I live about 130 miles from Panama City, and just a little further to Destin.

I lived in Destin for several years, and I guarantee there is no prettier beach anywhere in the world. Better than Bahamas, Cancun, Hawaii, Any SoCal beach, better than Jamaica, better than Aruba.

I pray that my kids will get to see it in its splendor, and they won't have to wait 20 years for the cleanup to be finished!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Water testing gets a bit dicey. The air testing usually is done with an air sampling pump. #M makes them (amojng others). To do this right you need special equipment. A private environmental testing company would be the best entity to do it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What makes me furious is that, yes, we all know this is going on, and we all know BP will never admit to it. If they did, wouldn't that create the possibility of Gulf residents demanding even more money (hospital bills and the like)? Perhaps even a class-action law suit?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I used to work at a place where we were exposed to a harsh solvent, always wore gloves. I kept getting tingling in my arms and they would fall asleep easily when I laid down.

We switched solvents after a few months and it went away immediately. I never exposed my skin to the chemicals but, did breathe it. I assume the tingling feelings was from low oxygen in my bloodstream?

Maybe those who go to the doctor should request oxygen levels in their blood be checked.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AP-Chris

Yes. I have been considering getting my PulseOx tested, but I don't want to go to an ER to do it. I have this constant urge to yawn, but it is never satisfying. From my scuba experience, I know that the urge usually comes primarily from too much CO2 and only secondarily from too little O2. Of course yawns are fickle and just typing this made me have to yawn. Its hard to put cause and effect on the symptoms. Even if I got a PulseOx reading and it was say 92 or 94%, they would probably tell me that I am fine, but my body would know that it was low for me, and my symptoms would continue.

I hate doctors, btw. They are just overly hyped mechanics, except instead of finding out why the car won't run, they just polish the chrome, pour in some "SmokeBGone" and send you off to the auction before it quits working.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I do believe that when the body is struggling for oxygen it will start to shut down the blood flow to the appendages to keep the core organs sustained with what little oxygenated blood it can get to those most important parts, might wxplain the tingling in the arms.
I might have worded this wrong, but I recall learning this.

I hope others will post their experiences here. Seems that we would be hearing more of sicknesses if so many gases are escaping with the oil.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Undoubtably this is not helping anyone's breathing on the coast:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Yes. I have been considering getting my PulseOx tested, but I don't want to go to an ER to do it. I have this constant urge to yawn, but it is never satisfying. From my scuba experience, I know that the urge usually comes primarily from too much CO2 and only secondarily from too little O2. Of course yawns are fickle and just typing this made me have to yawn. Its hard to put cause and effect on the symptoms. Even if I got a PulseOx reading and it was say 92 or 94%, they would probably tell me that I am fine, but my body would know that it was low for me, and my symptoms would continue.

Yawnig also a sign of anxiety, so not breathing properly and in return not enough o2 or too much co2. Might want to pay attention to your stress level.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I live in PA and we've had air quality warnings the past 2 out of 3 days. It said it had something to do with ozone coming from a pressure system from the south and west. Anyway, my asthma and allergies have been out of this world bad, and today I'm feeling like I'm quickly coming down with a sinus infection. If our air here is this bad right now I can't imagine how you guys down on the coast must be physically reacting to the chemicals in the air. Hang in there!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join