It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
hey,
i get some weird things going on too that i cant explain.
when i was in high school i started going for reiki theropy sessions and ever since then, # keeps gettin weirder and weirder.

i started noticing things in high school, like that things just seem to work out perfectly for me. and now i keep getting ideas, like revelations almost on all kinds of things. my most recent ones were a disproofing of hell, and the reason for life ( if anyone wants to know them just e-mail me).

One other thing is that at work, i am a police officer, nothing ever happens. it can be the most hellish day ever in the city i work in, but as soon as i come on shift it stops, people have been noticing it lately to. saying things like, WTF man, does some1 just shut off all the radios when u get on, or asking me if i mail my schedule out to everyone in the town and tell them not to do # on those days.

and i wish there were a more people where i live that can help me with understanding these things, but hey what can you do in a small catholic community where everythign else makes you a freak.

also on a side note my close friends have told me that i am somewhat of a healer. and they really dont mind my love of shamanism, or my best bros wiccan practice. which is nice but we cant talk about it when we are out with other people, its just not accepted here yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Also i have come across a problem in my meditation process if anyone can help me.

i used to be able to enter my sacred place whenever i wanted to, but now something is stopping me from entering. I dont know if i let a malevolent spirit in, if my guide is trying to teach me something, or if its just my shadow being a dick.

i know this thread is on psychic/ supernatural abilities, and meditation is one way of advancing them, so i figured maybe some1 could give me some help.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FANTAZING

Sorry ment to say if anyone has ever had a precognition dream of being a prisnor in FEMA camps ? Or dreams of ww3?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FANTAZING

well i have no idea what those are....but if you mean like how mutants are hunted on X-men.. than yes

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by voudew

Excuse me, but when you say 'your shadow' what exactly do you mean? A shadow 'man'?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
i just wanted t o share.. idk i think it would be cool if i did.. like will power!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zaharda

Not exactly like x-men, all I know is that I have dreams where people like me(people with powers), are in some kind of prison.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm calling out anyone who thinks they have powers. I'm saying I don't believe you have them and that it's all in your mind as belief only.

If I ask you for proof I know for a 100 percent fact the answer I get will either be ''why should I prove it when I already know I have powers?'' or ''open your mind'' or ''the government will find me and lock me up'' or ''it only works sometimes'' or something else that won't let you escape your fantasies, I know no one will try to provide proof, not a single one of you and we all know why don't we?

I admit the mind has lots to unlock but I say with 99.99% certainly that when people here are saying they have special powers they are talking complete rubbish.

In effect, people in this thread are either lying for attention, joking or are indulging in the fastasy of having powers.

Seems people are not satisfied with already being unique, seems people want to feel even more special and that's where these fantasies come into the equation. Can't believe I've even dignified this thread with a response but it annoys me to see such rubbish spouted by people so I'm getting it off my chest.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
I'm calling out anyone who thinks they have powers. I'm saying I don't believe you have them and that it's all in your mind as belief only.

If I ask you for proof I know for a 100 percent fact the answer I get will either be ''why should I prove it when I already know I have powers?'' or ''open your mind'' or ''the government will find me and lock me up'' or ''it only works sometimes'' or something else that won't let you escape your fantasies, I know no one will try to provide proof, not a single one of you and we all know why don't we?

I admit the mind has lots to unlock but I say with 99.99% certainly that when people here are saying they have special powers they are talking complete rubbish.

In effect, people in this thread are either lying for attention, joking or are indulging in the fastasy of having powers.

Seems people are not satisfied with already being unique, seems people want to feel even more special and that's where these fantasies come into the equation. Can't believe I've even dignified this thread with a response but it annoys me to see such rubbish spouted by people so I'm getting it off my chest.

I can prove it but it will take time lol Cause I see the future, so in december 2009 A new war will begin for america. The war will be started by a missle attack from another country, the missle will hit us. Sorry I couldn't give you a vision closer to this date but thats the most closet big event that I see.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I think superpowers have been around for ages. Look at the light beings of Jesus and Krishna.
The what beings? Jesus was as human as you or me

..... I'm sure a lot of the people with the most extensive powers are absorbed by intelligence agencies.
I think that is as likely as the Dali Lama working with the army. If those people have 2 cents worth of spirituality about them, they would probably tell TPTB "No, thankyou"

I think pretty much anyone can have a power, its just a matter of if they are able to receive the gift or create the gift for themselves.
I always liked that quote from the matrix, if you wish to bend the spoon, you must bend yourself.
It would be amazing to see a group of gifted humans.
uhhhrhgh, leaves a distasteful taste in my mouth when i read that AWFUL matrix quotation. Without looking it up, I believe the boy says to Neo "In order to bend the spoon, you must first realize that there is no spoon."

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Agreed .. lots of self-centered, somewhat dim-witted folks posting around here. Pretty aggravating considering the importance of genuine research into these sorts of subjects.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Cassie Clay, Hello i am new to this forum allow me to introduce myself,you may call me pietro.When i was a teenager i discovered quite by accident that i was gifted with abilites that others would consider superpowers.I am able to run at incredible speeds(i have reached 45 MPH and outpaced a 8 cylinder Mini-Van and a 6 cylinder Automobile in front of multiple witnesses,i have extraordinary strength for someone who never works out(i am not overly muscular just very powerful(i once lifted a car off a curb unaided with two people inside[it was on two wheels at waist level;not over my head or anything] ,a extreme tollarence to colder tempatures and over the last several years my IQ has jumped quite a bit.I am looking to discuss this with anyone who wishes to talk with me.I have only used my abilites to aid another once,i stopped a child from being run over by a car by running past her,scooping her up and carrying her back to her mother,all without stopping.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don't believe that people have powers but unique gifts. I have had dreams come true and have a very uncanny ability to judge peoples character. I meditate regularly and can tell that my pyschic abilities are growing stronger. For people who don't believe in these gifts, I assure you they are very real and I believe at one point in time we all had them.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
1) Do you think this a relatively new phenomenon, or have there been throughout history reports of people having extraordinary abilities like the ones I described?

No, it isn't new, even the most recent of horrific events such as the Salem witch trials/burnings had people scared that they had secret or psychic powers.

2) If this is not a new phenomenon, would you say that there seems to be a sharp increase in the amount of people who can do this in the modern era, or even in the last 25 years?

I doubt there are more or less per capita.

3) Does the Powers That Be take this seriously at all? I know that in Russia & China there have been extensive studies & training of these people. Why not in the West? Or is it going on and we don't know it?

Look upon the topic of Remote Viewers, both American, chinese and Russian. All of which have had programs personnel paid for by the governement.

4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?

There are tons of sites likely you can find people with the same interest as this topic. but, online you get a mixed-grab bag of personalities that may or may not clash (because they can). I suppose it would be just as possible for someone to find 'love' on the net...some take that chance, some don't. I don't know about the subject of outting persay but I personally don't get cushy with net people and who would such persons out someone with this interest to?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Ok so your saying 99.9% certainty. Does that mean there is a .1% chance you do believe or admit might be real? LOL i love how people phrase things

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
One other reply because i missed this post by pietro and found it amusing.

Pietro if you have such extroadinary powers then please for the love of man and god alike please use them to save the world. If your IQ is so high we need people like you to use those brain powers to fix the enviromental crisis as well as the economic crisis in the world. At least use your super speed to help stop criminals from getting away or something. Sounds to me like your a complete package of superpowers and could just do all kinds of awesome things if you put your mind to it. If you dont then your a waste of space and the people with the true powers in this world are the ones who actually get up everyday and go out and make a difference in the lives of others.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

Fizzy1, I have given much thought to what you have said in your entreaty . I have tried to aid the powers that be on how to solve the problems with the Economy,i have been ignored.I have tried to serve my country as a member of the Military and was dismissed after they saw what i could do.(yes they are that moronic,a little broken equipment and out you go)I currently am in a crisis of my own.I was outted very early on(by those who were supposed to be freinds) and would have no chance of a secret identity where i currently reside.I am due to severe financial restrictions unable to relocate at this time.I do plan to act,as soon as my responsibilites to a elderly relative are no longer needed.I appreciate your writing to me;I believe that all that needs be for Evil to exist is for good men to do nothing,however some problems are far more complex than anyone could possibly realise.The solution for so much of this worlds ills can be given to someone on a silver platter,it doesn't mean they will ever be implemented.This world could be a paradise if they would just listen.I will keep on trying to get "them"to listen.I do not claim to have all the answers,but i do have quite a few.I make a diffrence each day,just not on the scale i would like.A person with no honor is worthless,and if i shirked my current responsibilites,i would be worthless...Regards,Pietro.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I went out the other night,and was thinking about something,I did use my abilites to help another person another time,while i was attending college.I was in a freinds dorm room when a emotionally disturbed girl who my freind was trying to cheer up pulled out a knife with the intent to carve herself up.She had barely finished her sentence when i moved in and disarmed her.I disarmed her and my freind knocked her out.I sat through the night with her and counsled her till sunrise.If i was normal she would have taken her own life that night...Oh never let it be said that people like me do not have a sense of humor.I saw this Boxing simulation machine in a local tavern and when no one was looking i gave it a shot...I broke the thing with one hit(by broke i mean that the L.E.D display was stuck like the old pinball machines would display "Tilt".The power rating went from 100-900(i did a 925) ,my punch traveled 89.5 KPH(kilometere per hour)55.61 MPH from less than 1 foot away.The fun and i don't know why i did this but i was in jovial mood,was when these 3 huge gentlemen aproached and tried to use it,they looked at the latest score(mine) and were exchanging their holy## with each other when i walked up and said,did you beat my score yet? they turned to look and stammered"your score" i laughed when i got outside on my way home,they looked quite pale at that moment,hey i have to have some fun...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
It would be so easy to solve most of the problems in the world if people would just take a second to observe what is around them and what they are doing. People with "super powers" are not needed, they do exist, but only as gaurdians for when # hits the fan.

Like religon is rediculous, it causes so many problems that it just isn't worth it. I AM SAYING RELIGON IS STUPID, NOT FAITH OR BELIEF. Like why are so many gifted people wasting time on trying to understand something that if they got anywhere close to understanding their head would explode, I'm sure any god would rather humans use the abilities and gifts given to us than sit around and pray. We as humans, all humans, were given free will and the ability to create and destroy, so why not use them to their max potential. And if you dont believe it, look at the obvious. Like disease isnt a punishment, it a higher power saying look something is plagueing you, FIX IT. instead we sit and pray for answers.
The latest one is AIDS, so simple a problem yet nothing is done about it. ( JUST dont # ppl with out it is the answer)

Humans are in fact gaining in psychic ability and other powers by teh second. ADD isnt a disorder, its the human mind finally unlocking, but instead of seeing how fast we can get the brain to function, and how much we can stimulate it, we slow it down to an average level with drugs.

And to all you people who say powers dont exist, and that you want proof, why would anyone in their right mind prove it to you. Every person who ever showed off abnormal ability has been killed, or tortured in some way. Jesus, Witches, even fortune tellers (the real ones) are flammed, even if they are wrong 1 out of every 100 times. And if they did reveal themselves they would be concidered a threat instead of a blessing.

To all you out there with powers, i say help who you can, make the people around you, and those you care about happy. Don't even give a second thought to nay sayers, and let them believe what they want.

No one is going to show you a miricle, because in todays would people would only try to disprove it, instead of just saying, OK that was freakin sweet!

To Pietro, keep on rockin it man, and have as much fun as you can.

ohh, and anyone who wants to contact me can at [email protected]

[edit on 2-6-2009 by voudew]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I have precognitive dreams, premonitions, intuitions. I can read people extremely well and I am an empath, I can use telekenisis mildly but its getting better. I am not a Super human I am just different. I wish I had powers like heroes that would be awesome to fly or teleport.

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join