It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
bratok

Thanks for the post. I know it wasn't at me directly but I am interesting in developing what I have already.

If you have any more information or diagrams like that I would be greatful if you could U2U the sites or info to me

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hi,
This one comes from Norbekov's health system, based mostly on Sufi exercises.

Great system all in all, helps one get his physical body fully healthy in about 40 days ( unless he had anything too serious, then it might take longer ).

Yet I found this exercises had no effect on blocks in etherical body.

His main website in Russian : www.norbekov.com
And a little bit in English www.norbekovusa.com...

The book with this diagrams ( in Russian )
www.universalinternetlibrary.ru...

Another book

Book about how people get ill and why some stay ill while other get healthy + exercises for correcting vision

About revealing intuition and awakening

And a handy translator

www.worldlingo.com...

BTW, has his trajectories for intuition around somewhere... can look them up if anybody is interested in doing them. Had some results with them.

Another very interesting system is DEIR ( daljneishee energo informatsionnoe razvitie - further energy-information development ), said to be based on techniques that a grope of gifted people were developing for the USSR. Yet when it broke down they made this knowledge public.

See www.deir.org ( also in Russian
)

And their books www.deir.lv... click on the book to read it.

First book is about solving problems ( blocks, etc. ) within the etherical body, seeing this body ( aura ), removing pathological connections with the society, createing a special energy shell ( connecting certain chakras - see picture ), etc. Also it has some basic remote feeling - i.e. physical body in one room, etherical looking around in other.

Good Luck!

[edit on 6-8-2004 by bratok]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
IMHO I believe that 'superpowers' are just instincts that back in the day would of come in handy when stalking a herd of Mammoths or saving the tribe from that hungry Sabre Toothed Tiger. I also think that the system we live under does it's best to beat, bullsh.i.t and condition out our natural abilities by the time we are adults. Then we just go on to repeat the same frigging day over and over and over and over until we retire. I also think we are so amazed by our 'instincts' because our concious self is just the tip of the iceberg that thinks these instincts appear from out of the blue. Whilst the rest of the iceberg below the surface is doing mega amounts of calculations, comparisons and decision making based on sight, sound, smell, taste and touch stimuli that we aren't even aware that we are taking in. The brain crunches all this data and compares it with past experience...decides that there's a Sabre Toothed Tiger lurking somewhere...passes this data onto the concious mind (which is responsible for keeping your body in one piece)....you get a strange feeling....'EVERYBODY BACK IN THE CAVE....THERE'S A SABRE TOOTHED TIGER ON THE PROWL!' Later on when the tribe is feasting on roast Tiger, all your cave buddies slap you on the back and say "Jesus Ugg...you must be psychic man". Your concious ego likes all the attention and deludes itself into taking all the credit. Meanwhile the jealous witch-doctor sits in the corner of the cave all smak'd out on cactus, plotting your downfall, and comes up with the cunning ploy to spread a rumour that you are in league with the stone age equivalent of the devil.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I've found an old thread I've made about real life superpowers :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here are the real life superpowers I know :

Micro-PK :

Usages for : JAMMING HF Signals, Distrubing Microwaves signals, Jamming electronics signals (Electro-Kynesys), Disturbing electronic and computing signals/data transmissions.

Macro-PK :

Controls of weather, wind, wounds, clouds. Controls of organic system (Geo-PK), Control and disturbance of crowds and organic flows.

Energy-PK :

Disturbances in lights, electric wires and/or electro-static flows. Pyro-Kynesys and Disturbance of Pyro/Heat energy.

Clairvoyance and remote viewing :

Short-term Clairvoyance, Long Distance Remote Viewing (Long distance t�l�pathy), Long Term Clairvoyance, Short range t�l�pathy, Long Range T�l�pathy, Parrallell and Synchronism T�l�pathy (Instant t�l�pathy), Mind Reading, Mind Controlling, Memory Fading, Will disturbance, Social control.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I definately believe since I am one of them but I've been closing that off. It really causes problems between reality and sprituality. You want to live in bliss and be part of the higher power but then you open your eyes and its this messed up world.

I think we do need to band together because if you havnt noticed, evil knows who we are and we are not prepared. It works through other people but also unseen forces and is systmatically taking us out with confusion, slander, violence, sickness and murder. Just a theory but take a look around and we are all running around trying to figure out our power.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Suprisingly, no one has mentioned a group known as Breakers, mostly because this is, to my knowledge, the first public post by any of them.

These "powers" are existing continually in each person, well...that's a bad explaination.
More like... it isn't that some people can do these things because they are gifted; but that most people cannot do anything because they cannot deny the "limits" that were loaded into their minds.

All these "abilities" you all proclaim you can do is just a tip of the iceberg~

That's all for now.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I believe if someone did have some of those what I think someone called macro-PK powers then they might keep quiet about it or be afraid they were crazy. Can you imagine how you would feel if you thought about an earthquake and then it happened and killed thousands of people? Would you wonder if you were psychic or if you actually did that? What if you thought about a hurricane and then there was one and it did billions in damage. Would you feel responsible just because you thought about it? If someone had those powers but didn't know too much about them it would be really dangerous. What if we are really in some kind of computer matrix but some of us have a link to the core and that link can alter our perception of reality or actually alter the reality we live in?

Speaking about altering reality, I remember a couple of times when I was suffering from a severe lack of sleep in college. One time everyone was moving in slow motion but so was I. I couldn't move any faster than everyone else but I perceived everything as being super slow. Another time this happened but I thought I could move normal speed while everyone else was slow. I guess sleep deprivation can alter your reality by itself though. I don't recall ever seeing pixels though. I'm curious how someone can see that.

Edited note: It appears that someone has seen pixels as a result of taking a hallucination drug. I wonder if anyone has ever seen pixels without taking drugs?

[edit on 8-1-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HasNoName
Suprisingly, no one has mentioned a group known as Breakers, mostly because this is, to my knowledge, the first public post by any of them.
These "powers" are existing continually in each person, well...that's a bad explaination.
More like... it isn't that some people can do these things because they are gifted; but that most people cannot do anything because they cannot deny the "limits" that were loaded into their minds.
All these "abilities" you all proclaim you can do is just a tip of the iceberg~
That's all for now.

Agree. As looking down at the iceberg, what powers are down there?
As "some believe" everybody, potentially, has a very stong intuition, the 6th sense. With which they can not only see the future, but also get more info about things or people. When you were about 3, didn't time feel different then it does now? Didn't it feel united, rather then split into past, present and future, as it is now?

To pass on their knowlege, "people with powers" had coded it into poems and fairy tales, so that ordinary people would pass them on, untill they get into hands of someone who can really read them. Take Omar Khayyam, for example.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bratok
To pass on their knowlege, "people with powers" had coded it into poems and fairy tales, so that ordinary people would pass them on, untill they get into hands of someone who can really read them. Take Omar Khayyam, for example.

That is fine. A high range of people are "blind", and can only see whatever is shoved near them, or whatever they just want to see. I believe, this is a selfish way of thinking, and would never lead to permanent solutions. However, those who decide to "read" the truth, actually stress their mind to the edge, and must either get used to it, or simply crumble.

Still it is advised to remember every movement of any event, because those memories will always be thankful .

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The earlier mentioned thing about slowing your perception of time is, by us at least, called Quicktime. Your perception slowing was simply the 'tip of the iceberg' though. It was one of my first abilities I found. The depth of it is more in the area of moving to the extent where someone cannot touch you, etc

[edit on 8-1-2005 by HasNoName]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
1. No, I think the stories of magic were based on them.
2. Yes, there are many websites that have lots of people, www.psipog.com
for example.
3. America had project"Stargate" in the 50s during the cold war, they used RemoteViewers.
4. I think we and others should share are abilities with everyone.

Eastern religion monks have been known to have advanced psionic abilities.

I have afew abilities:
Precognitive
Empathic

I've manipulated a candle flame a few times.

I can make myself feel and apear sick and be very convincing when people are watching and then when theyr gone I stop acting sick, I have subconsciously healed myself in a short amount of time, although sometimes when I get a cut it takes an abnormalt long amount of time to heal.
I'm not trying to be conceided when I say this, but I have a much deeper and advanced view and knowledge of the universe, dimensions, phasing and the multiverse.

I was going to add more on different subjects discussed earlier on in the thread, but it would take to long to write, so yeah.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
After reading many of the threads posted on ATS and other sites, reading many books & articles, and making observations in my daily life, I have come to the conclusion that there are some people on this planet who truly have abilities that in the comic book vernacular would be called "super-powers." These powers include:
* advanced psychic powers: clairvoyance, psychometry, remote viewing, telepathy
* telekinetic abilities
* possible electro-magnetic abilities
* magical abilities of an undetermined nature that can affect reality
To be fair, I have not heard of anybody who can fly (though some can levitate short distances), break steel with their hands (tho can't some advanced martial-arts people do this? or is that just wooden boards?), or possess unbreakable admantium claws (though an advanced "healing factor" has also been reported in some people).
But even if there are people out there who can only do the psychic, telekinetic, and other stuff--I mean, gosh, that's pretty significant, isn't it? That's like the frickin' X-Men!

My questions to the board are:
1) Do you think this a relatively new phenomenon, or have there been throughout history reports of people having extraordinary abilities like the ones I described?
2) If this is not a new phenomenon, would you say that there seems to be a sharp increase in the amount of people who can do this in the modern era, or even in the last 25 years?
3) Does the Powers That Be take this seriously at all? I know that in Russia & China there have been extensive studies & training of these people. Why not in the West? Or is it going on and we don't know it?
4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?

I think in the next 25 years these questions and this topic is going to be a very big issue in the world.

To answer Clay...since I only see it fair:
1. New, yes and no. For example...had someone accidently broke the barrier for Electromagnetic effects back say...around the stone age. That would have been it, there wouldnt have been a real way to tell, and thus no way to practice it, or reason.
2. The increase is not in how many people can do it, it's how many signs of people doing it that you see. Information spreads faster now due to many things, interenet...etc. Numerous ways.
3. The difference with areas like China and the west, are, really, that they know we exist. Can you imagine the US government actually saying "let's take some of these kids that seem to have superpowers because they could make us better?" NO. The US would not be able to accept that, first of all...you know; they're already SOO powerful. It would more be like they'd put them as insane, or kill them if they saw signs of our abilties, from fear, the natural human reaction to something they cannot understand.
4. There is another force that gives us good reason to Not tell specifics to most people. There generally are not groups because of this same mentioned force. These abilities to "manipulate reality" as you said are based upon your own assumptions about the nature of "reality". We do have contact though, simply...with advancement of these 'powers', which I'd prefer you calling "Breaks" now since that's what the English term would be to us comes pride...with pride comes being alone, with being alone comes downfall.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
If people really had concrete, tangible, empirically verifyable super-powers, they would probably be using it to help the world, like stopping wars, genocides, human suffering, pollution, etc., like Superman from Krypton did. The fact that this is not occuring is evidence for me that all these claims are false: they are simply "religious" beliefs of people. I challenge anyone with super-powers to locate where I live and then use it to cause me to levitate, or turn me into a different race when I wake up in the morning, or boost my IQ by 30 points.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
1,Those has been in this world for ages.....

2.No,.in fact ..it decreases....by time....not too many people interesting anymore on the subjects,....since they can be substituted by technologies.
Such as you dont need to learn to fly,...because its easier to buy ticket and go to the nearest airport,...etc.

i n the country that i live,...we can learn a martial art,..that can bend steel,...by bare hand,....as easily as rubber,...and it was learned by may people,....as an exercise after offfice hour.

That dont make you superman,....when you get back to real life and work,..they still no bdy,..just average people.

3. I dont think much will be bnefited from studying this....ie as weapon,....since nuclear bomb will surely has more destructive and effective effects.

4.I have witness some people,..that can influence...toi certain events....tha will effects millions or other thousand peoples,.....such as predicting 911,..or any other catasthropies.
However,..mostly they will be in trouble if they not carefull,....they can be arrested,..or suspected as link to the event...
As reference,..please watch movies"the mothman phropecies,."

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
this is old but I have some powers most don't believe me but here they are
I have enhanced strength I can lift over twice my own weight
I have used pyrokenisis on a few ocasions
I have hovered once
I have slowed and even stoped time once
I have the ability to ignore pain and also am verry dificult to damage

most people just laugh and say I'm crazy all I can say is I know what I did and thats all I need to know

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salanthus
1. I have enhanced strength I can lift over twice my own weight
2. I have used pyrokenisis on a few ocasions
3. I have hovered once
4. I have slowed and even stoped time once
5. I have the ability to ignore pain and also am verry dificult to damage

most people just laugh and say I'm crazy all I can say is I know what I did and thats all I need to know

1. Is this in any way supernatural ? Can't heavy weight lifters do this.. also i know my great grandfather once took 150kg in each arm and walked like 100 meters with those.. maybe its just beeing healthy and athletic. Also there is stories of people lifting up a tractor that has a person under it.. maybe it has something with adrenaline to do..

2. I belive it to be possible, focusing your energy on something making int hotter until it starts smoking and bursting into flames..

3. Dunno, there are stories about monks doing it, and other stories about someone in the 16th or 17th century that actually was flying.

4. Slowing time or actully ones perception of time, when heavilly stressed or angry would probably fall into the same category as 1. its just that your body and mind becomes more alert and perception of time becomes different. or thats what i believe. but stopping time altogether seem almost impossible..

5. Ive never broken a bone even thought i was pretty reckless on a bicycle as a child and have fallen alot of times, always going downhill as fast as possible etc.. and have fallen and knocked myself out on 3 occations one time as an adult when someone had made the unfunny prank of loosening my front wheel, wich i later dropped, but i did not brake any bones.

Another time i was going downhill at high speed and was to turn over the road but there was a car.. i accidently hit the front break instead of the back braks and summeraulted over the stirring landed on my backpack, got slightly dusty but otherwhise unharmed (:

Also ive never worn any of those stupid bicycle helmets or thats what i thought of them as a kid

Seriousley i dont claim to be unbrekable not like in that movie Unbreakable anyway, ive got really sick and near death on several occations. Even had 41.5 C of fever (tested with an ear thermometer) i seriousley felt dying and when i finally had my grandparents get me to the hospital cause i was home alone, the fever had dropped and the people in the hospital didnt even believe that ive had those temperatures..

[edit on 27-11-2005 by SilverSurfer]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
In the past I've gotten into discussions about psychic abilities and was asked to prove that they exist. My response is usually something along the lines of, "Try to shoot me or hit me with a car and you'll see." My problem is that my strongest ability, while stable in that it is not going to dissapear, is unstable in nature. When I am in danger or I get panicked or upset, odd things start happening.

Last winter, my car was stuck on some snow and ice in the driveway (the tires would not get any traction). I got out to try and dislodge it, forgetting that the car was still in reverse rather than neutral. The car did start rolling, but it was rolling backwards with me at the bumper. I put my hands on the car and yelled, "Stop!" Well, it didn't stop. My mom's husband ran over and got in the car, hit the brakes, and put the car in park. As I got in and headed off to work, I noticed a strong smell of gasoline. When I got to work I looked under the car and saw that there was a massive leak. After I got home I looked at it closer and noticed there was not one massive leak, but more than ten smaller leaks. There was no rust on the pipes and there was no observable damage other than the leaks.

About a year before that, I went into a ditch. When I went in I grabbed the steering wheel hard and my mind went into panick mode (basically, thinking every obscenity I can). After I was pulled out the car shook when I accellerated. The mechanics said that the fuel filter and the O2 sensor were not working but they also did not appear damaged. I replaced both and the car worked fine.

Last summer, my mom and her husband were on the roof fixing a leak. I was holding a ladder while my mom climbed to the roof. David (her husband) threw down a hammer which hit with the metal end on my left collarbone. People generally get hurt when a hammer thrown from the roof of a two story building falls on them. Even so, there was not even a bruise.

Those are the most distinctive and recent occurences but there have been others.

Just curious, for those of you who have some kind of gift, when do they usually surface in your life?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's definately not anything new...
there have been thousands of awakened people..
some people only get glimpses of what its like to be awake..

the thing is, those who awakened most likely rather not waste time keeping other people awake... and then there are those who believe they are awake and trap others into their circle of sleep.

Being normally awake (not sleeping) is almost the same thing as being asleep, we are puppets to our binary systems.. I like, I do not like.. but above that is our awakened state, its a difficult thing to attain.

The problem with most people.. (some posters here included) is that when they think of this awakened state they associate moving things without touching them, creating fire out of their hands and walking on water to be solid proofs of this "state-of-mind"... but there are a lot more people out there walking around in an quasi-awakened state, those great intellects, people who can read and understand better, those who can visualize and actualize... great mathematicians.. (sp?) .. those people who can think faster and not so narrow minded as others... people who when they learn something it seems like old news, or something that was "already" there...

We just aren't looking at the whole picture properly.. these are a new breed of humans a new soul if you will... We're looking at a piece of tread on the tire.. we aren't looking that the whole wheel..

The honest thing is.. we are in a transition period.. a period where the old die off and the new take over, but these new souls have no idea how to function and we have people all over the world at different levels of being awake.. lol ... we have to ALL work together to perfect what it is we are going to become, unfortunately it seems a whole lot easier over the internet for people to "come together"
We're all just way too busy being little worker bees to bother elevating ourselves...
Strange things happened to this establishment after WW2... our planets mentality changed, it was a summit so-to-speak.. where now there are ever increasing numbers of awakened people.. more people are becoming awakened as opposed to those falling asleep.. Very soon we are approaching a change in our planets history that will transform us as humans into a more spiritual and intellegent being.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ludwig Beethoven
If people really had concrete, tangible, empirically verifyable super-powers, they would probably be using it to help the world, like stopping wars, genocides, human suffering, pollution, etc., like Superman from Krypton did.

Humans must learn from their mistakes. If someone were to use their power to stop all types of suffering, then no learning would take place. The people themselves would not have changed, and surely more suffering would manifest as a result of that.

People who have positively awakened latent psychic faculties, are helping humanity. They have sacrificed themselves for it. The beloved self.

[edit on 27/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverSurfer

Originally posted by Salanthus
1. I have enhanced strength I can lift over twice my own weight
2. I have used pyrokenisis on a few ocasions
3. I have hovered once
4. I have slowed and even stoped time once
5. I have the ability to ignore pain and also am verry dificult to damage

1. Is this in any way supernatural ? Can't heavy weight lifters do this.. also i know my great grandfather once took 150kg in each arm and walked like 100 meters with those.. maybe its just beeing healthy and athletic. Also there is stories of people lifting up a tractor that has a person under it.. maybe it has something with adrenaline to do..

2. I belive it to be possible, focusing your energy on something making int hotter until it starts smoking and bursting into flames..

3. Dunno, there are stories about monks doing it, and other stories about someone in the 16th or 17th century that actually was flying.

4. Slowing time or actully ones perception of time, when heavilly stressed or angry would probably fall into the same category as 1. its just that your body and mind becomes more alert and perception of time becomes different. or thats what i believe. but stopping time altogether seem almost impossible..

5. Ive never broken a bone even thought i was pretty reckless on a bicycle as a child and have fallen alot of times, always going downhill as fast as possible etc.. and have fallen and knocked myself out on 3 occations one time as an adult when someone had made the unfunny prank of loosening my front wheel, wich i later dropped, but i did not brake any bones.

Another time i was going downhill at high speed and was to turn over the road but there was a car.. i accidently hit the front break instead of the back braks and summeraulted over the stirring landed on my backpack, got slightly dusty but otherwhise unharmed (:

Also ive never worn any of those stupid bicycle helmets or thats what i thought of them as a kid

Seriousley i dont claim to be unbrekable not like in that movie Unbreakable anyway, ive got really sick and near death on several occations. Even had 41.5 C of fever (tested with an ear thermometer) i seriousley felt dying and when i finally had my grandparents get me to the hospital cause i was home alone, the fever had dropped and the people in the hospital didnt even believe that ive had those temperatures..

[edit on 27-11-2005 by SilverSurfer]

well the lifting over twice my own weight is kinda ipressive since I don't work out and I only weight 140lbs and have lifted over 300lbs

ok now the time slow down has happened a few times oncw when I was walking to a friensd place wich is a 15 minuet walk I made it in 5 and I didden't run just walked normaly
the stop was when I was puting ice in a glass and when I was poping the ice out of the ice tray one of the cubes poed out and went flying accross the room then it just stoped in the air I looked at the cube then the tray then the cube again then reached out and grabed it and put it in the glass and not at any fast pace either as I was it stop in the air I could hear the sounds slow then their was silence
I ab not unbreakable either but I'm pretty close

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join