It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What you are seeing in my view is the next step in evolution, more people are beginning to develop psi abilities, also more and more people are learning to harness use and manipulate the latent energy that is all around us.

Myslef I am an empath and can "feel" enities and spirits as well, I also have the ability to use, control and feed upon energy (psi-vamp?)

It's just most people are afraid to use it or talk about it as mankind fears that which we do not understand, pardon me for using a comic reference, but the x-men universe, makind persecutes them.

But we will see it more and more just wait.

Blessed be and merry parting

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Lightning
What you are seeing in my view is the next step in evolution, more people are beginning to develop psi abilities, also more and more people are learning to harness use and manipulate the latent energy that is all around us.

I do not belive it is the next step in evolution. I think that humans have had these abilitys all along but those who used it where made fun of and where not belived.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
yep their is a reason why I have not come forward and told the world of my abilitys
I personaly do not want to be disected and tested by scientists, nore do I want to be labled as some kind of freak neither seems acceptable

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaos11
I think that humans have had these abilitys all along but those who used it where made fun of and where not belived.

I'll go one step further.

I think many more people had these abilities but they were lost through the ages.
Having psychic abilities and occult knowledge was not a good thing many years ago.
Just look at the Catholic Church and the Inquisition.
People were conditioned to downplay their abilities and much was lost.
But, I think there have always been gifteds who kept this knowledge alive.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It wasn't lost... it was just forgotten.

Unluckly, the more you age, the more difficult it is to "remember"... that's why many shamanic/magickal cultures trainees are chosen between young children, imo

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What you say is true.
But even though we get older, we can still train our minds to be closer to their full potential. I know this for a fact.
It's amazing what wondrous thing we can learn if we are ready, that is.

Lost, forgotten...I think it's pretty mcuh all the same.
If we don't know we have abilities, it's hard to think of them as either.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think I may have a super-power but I'm not sure. The only diseases I ever had were the cold, flu (3 times), and gingivitis. I can be around people and rarely if ever get sick. Not to say I'm immune to disease but resistant. Does that count?

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
yep that counts I have that among others
you may have other abilitys you just haven't discovered yet

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Text Navy
I am a new subscriber and read many posts on abilities . I can relate to many people on here and was amazed that there are more people with gifts than I thought . My experiences go back to when I was at least 4 yrs old . I am now 40 . Most of my experiences are dreams , I dream weird and confusing dreams til they actually occur , any where from months to many years later , ranging from people I didnt know at the time of my dreams to plane crashes and natural disasters . Sometimes , when it was about a plane crash , I felt as though I was one of the passengers , feeling there experience , and as always , just befor the plane crashed, I am outside the plane , watching it descend , and then theres nothing but white . I have felt the turbulance , seen carpet coming apart , heard screams , felt the plane roll to one side and so on . When I woke up , either a plane crashed during the night or a few days or so later . Sometimes survivors , sometimes not . And who hasnt heard a song in their heads and then heard that very song on the radio moments later ? And hows this for a kicker , I have 5 children and each one experiences the same things I have for years . Does this mean that this trait is hereditary ?? They dont get it from their fathers thats for sure . I have other stuff happen to me too , like , the infamous black shadows , more ocurrances that are more frequent during certain times of the year . I still experience precog at 40 yrs old , just as strong as before , I cant escape it . There are times I experience things for more than 3 days , 24 hrs a day , every moment of the day and every second , all dreamt long before hand , all in detail ,sometimes as long as 5yrs or more before they occured . So , ladies and gents , am I alone ,or am I in good company ?? Whats your input ?

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Your definitly in the right place this is the only place I have been able to express what I know and the abilitys I posess without people ridiculing me or mocking me, the fact is I know what I can do they don't and it is huge annoyance and it perpetuates ignorance to say some one is delusional or crazy just because they said something that sounds unbelievable.

Amazing things happen every day all over the world, you can't ever call some one a liar if you have no proof, you can just say that you don't believe them and move on. There are people with abilitys and powers out there that no one can explain their have been for manny years but also for manny years people have been afraid to show what they can do.

I say do not hold back, your abilitys are a part of who you are, don't be afraid of them use them and encourage others to use and practice theirs, you were given them for a reason.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
In 1979 I took the Silva Mind Control course, I passed and still have my certificate,,lol. A few of us who became good friends decided to start meeting at a local church every saturday to meditate together and just BS about anything.
One day we decided to concentrate our energies on a bicycle wheel that I had put on a stand. We were going to try as a group to make it turn. We concentrated on it for more than an hour and it didn't budge, so we gave up.
Just before we left I picked up the wheel to take it home and I noticed that it was bent so severely that it wouldn't even turn.
It was then that I realized that no-one had ever mentioned which way we would make it turn..... so it bent.
We did try again with a new wheel, it did move, but it would always stop right away. We wondered if seeing the movement maybe amazed us so much that it broke our concentration.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
^That's really interesting, I think you should just focus on doing PK(if you still do) solo than within a group.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't think that "in me" the ability is very strong. I've moved a compass needle before, but not very much.

Someone should set up a webcam and at a predetermined time hundreds of us can try to move something. A wheel, a brick, GWB's pants

It would be fun to try.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
These r my powers

Empathy
and Wind generation

im looking to contact astral but this website wont let me u2u hin so im hoping he contacts me!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
we should form some kind of group of extrordanary people or some thing
and do one of two things either band together and use our abilitys to help people or we can use our abilitys for finacial gain and either be greedy and hord all the money for our selves or use the money to help people

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i agree! we need to find like 4-8 people to form a group and trian together until we are ready to go public as a super hero group to help and protect the people! Im ready to join i just need help honing my wind generation and empathy so i can use it in real life situations.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Im a Mystic. Does that count?

hmm. Verry good verry good.

and not by my own call or definiton.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hey what is a mystic exactly?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Tis your freind as the ATS mods would say.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Astral City
Personally, I have limited psych ablitiy, projection, energy balls ect. and I am working daily to hoan my skills. I also have a good empathic sense, I can feel deciently well what others are, while I don't know if this is a super power it does help in negotiations.

Trim Those Quotes!

[edit on 3/25/2006 by Majic]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join